Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've counted it several times and I still make it 8 months. 40 weeks or 270 days from 10 May would take it to mid February.

So in that case, IK must have become pregnant in Belgium in April, 1969 before she arrived in Australia.

I am lost sorry lol

do we have an outgoing passenger card for MJR ?

the one reason I would say MJR was not RB, who raised the children when IK died if MJR wasn't another person, although IK's parent could of but I cant access their file to see when they entered Aus

Prior to todays thumnails on NAA I saw no indication of her parents here with her.
But maybe someone else has documents to say otherwise.

I am lost sorry lol

do we have an outgoing passenger card for MJR ?

the one reason I would say MJR was not RB, who raised the children when IK died if MJR wasn't another person, although IK's parent could of but I cant access their file to see when they entered Aus

No if RB used the name MJRead, it was only to enter Australia again after he came out of prison. IMO this passport would have been an Australian one as the Immigration Dept has no record of him arriving back here. If it was a Belgian passport, he would have to have arrived on a Holiday visa for three months.

Did IK's parents actually come to Australia. I read that someone said they had read they had made an application. So if they were here in Australia, why would IK have gone back to Belgium then? Maybe her parents came when she later returned and when she died, they looked after her two children in Melbourne.

:(
I didnt say her parents came here with her or that they were here prior....

What I get from the deep sleuthing of IK and WW is how incorrigible RB is. How deep-seated the scamming is and was. How if DdeH lies about their meeting, she is likely an accomplice to RB. How Marion didn't stand a chance once he was in her life.

On the notes in IK's application, it said she was unemployed at that time, profession was hairdresser, she was offered leads to 2 jobs, but she declined those opportunities. There is a handwritten notation to show 'full fare' (was she entitled to assisted passage in 1968/9?). There is another note to show her original date of travel was due to be in April 69, but she then delayed it a month (was this to get married to RB?). She also did not speak English at that point.

I’m still wondering if the Wilfred Davis i found, years before our first ‘Willy Wouters’-entering AUS, is him, as i really think he looks like him.

Reposting this info because now people are searching for earlier entrances into AUS…

View digital copy

Attachments

• 129C5065-F6AE-43FA-81BF-85F784EE65B2.jpeg
    129C5065-F6AE-43FA-81BF-85F784EE65B2.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 55
The very first documents around 1969 (incoming card, x-ray report, application for residency) have crossed 7s. The later documents do not.
Sorry for being dense but now I'm even more confused. Whose handwriting are you talking about? I thought you were talking about Marion's - are you talking about RB's?

If DdeH wrote to WW/FdeH in prison I think that would have been after their marriage since he was sentenced to one year in June 1976 (but departed Australia July 1976 so ???) and to three years in March 1978.

Are we basing the prison dates & times on court documents with actual release dates of with the sentence (prisontime)?

In Belgium a lot of people get out early (after 2/3 of their time).

Reid is a strange last name for someone she met in Belgium, I thought RB may have wanted a English name for Aus ? I wish ER would log on and answer our question lol

If she was on facebook she is not now, her business page is there but not a personal account that I can see
I actually think English names in Belgium and non-english names in Australia, as there’s less chance of problems like people from ‘the same school’, ‘growing up in the same place’, ‘relatives’,….

So is the idea you are getting at that Chusan is the name of the mysterious “yacht” that was mentioned in the inquest? I assumed that the yacht was another “Walter Mitty” moment designed to big-note himself. I mean given the rest of the wackiness of this case, and given that Chusan means boat (Zhou = boat Shan = mountain/hill) in Chinese, maybe there is a yacht with this name that has been owned by RB?!

Yes, I just couldn't help but think, Chusan holds some significance as they gave the name to their daughter. So if they weren't on the SS Chusan, where does the significance come from? This is what got me started on searching other possible boats, yachts etc etc.

I agree that they must have known each other in Belgium in 1968. They could have lived together.
IK tells WW that she is emigrating to Australia and has her paperwork approved.
WW decides that he will follow her to Australia because if he is married to her, he can get AU residency too.
He joins IK in Sydney with a faked marriage certificate from Belgium.
Exactly nine months before their child was born in mid January is mid May 1969 a week before they arrived.
IMO IK could have been pregnant either just before she arrived or just after even in June depending whether the baby was delivered on or before her due date.

What I can't agree with mainly is the fact they they both leave on the same date and the same plane in Feb, 1970. Is that just a coincidence? If you don''t want anything to do with someone again, you wouldn't travel on the same plane to the same place as them, would you? I wouldn't.

Is it possible that IK was pregnant (not to WW, but another unkown man) and WW "steps up" and says something along the lines of, don't worry Ill look after you and your child, Ill come with you to Australia blah blah blah as a way of 'conning' her into a marriage to get Aus residency? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double