Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think it started to get the man and the lifestyle.
So before Maliver then @SouthAussie ??? As Maliver was formed in 2013, and MC and AK were married on 31/12/2013.... allegedly...

Do you have a theory on how she managed to achieve that lifestyle back then in order to "get the man" ???

So before Maliver then @SouthAussie ??? As Maliver was formed in 2013, and MC and AK were married on 31/12/2013.... allegedly...

Do you have a theory on how she managed to achieve that lifestyle back then in order to "get the man" ???

Yes, it was formed mid-2013. Melissa was on her way up. Did she have any divorce payout? Perhaps property that she was bought out of?

I admit I have a somewhat different impression of Melissa than many here do. And none of us knows enough to be sure.

Last edited:
No, I think it started to get the man and the lifestyle. It continued because what did Melissa do then? Tell everyone it was all a fraud and that she couldn't give all of them their money back, just some of them? And how would she maintain the homes?
Once a person has started a ponzi scheme I don't think there is any way out other than to keep it up, and pay people out from other people's money.

Unless (which is what I think she wanted) you can hit it big in the stock market. Then maybe you can get out.
So, having made the mistake of starting the scheme, she's trapped by the consequences rather than by her personality.

I don't reject that altogether. There are a few things that don't fit for me at the moment. I think the spending is over the top, way more than could be needed to impress a little boy who liked things loud. And I think a severe empathy deficit doesn't stand isolated in an otherwise healthy personality and interpersonally successful life.

So, having made the mistake of starting the scheme, she's trapped by the consequences rather than by her personality.

I don't reject that altogether. There are a few things that don't fit for me at the moment. I think the spending is over the top, way more than could be needed to impress a little boy who liked things loud. And I think a severe empathy deficit doesn't stand isolated in an otherwise healthy personality and interpersonally successful life.

I think AK was dispensable. (Once the initial infatuation died down.) As did many people, when they thought Melissa had run off and left him with nothing.

To me, AK was probably clinging to Melissa ($) more than Melissa was clinging to him, after a while.

I think the spending is over the top, way more than could be needed to impress a little boy who liked things loud. And I think a severe empathy deficit doesn't stand isolated in an otherwise healthy personality

Totally agree with this JLZ

IMO the spending (which I agree was quite outrageous, and over the top) was to impress herself, to prove some sort of point to herself, and not for her partners benefit ....

And to keep the "façade" of "being wealthy" to show off to the same clients she had absolutely no empathy for....

The fact that MC appears to have not even "invested" her very first clients funds in anything whatsoever, but just used the Investors money for own lifestyle and to purchase her own properties speaks volumes to me.. IMO

naturally.. One would hardly expect that to be the case, considering some of the art work on the walls that I've seen.. . stuff that made me fall backwards and start moaning.

( I wasn't there as a buyer but as a consultant on document verification for the seller. ) ...
Moaning--in ecstasy or pain?

Yes, it was formed mid-2013. Melissa was on her way up. Did she have any divorce payout? Perhaps property that she was bought out of?

I admit I have a somewhat different impression of Melissa than many here do. And none of us knows enough to be sure.

Please don't ask me for the link now but I read that AC and MC owned a house at Kensington which was sold for $900,000 in 2012/2013. So did she get 80% of that as she had a child? Was there a mortgage on it? She must have had other funds to contribute to the mortgage of Dover Heights. She had about $2m deposit. Where did that come from? It seems to me that her fraudulent behaviour began long before 2013.

6/o5/2009 According to court documents, MC’s “suspected contraventions” may have started then.

So in that four years, she accumulated over $1m towards the deposit on Dover Heights while going to the UK with AC and her son for four months in 2010 then back home and then pursuing AK on the cruise and in London. So what was she up to then?

I think AK was dispensable. (Once the initial infatuation died down.) As did many people, when they thought Melissa had run off and left him with nothing.

To me, AK was probably clinging to Melissa ($) more than Melissa was clinging to him, after a while.

Just think about it. If MC had not used investors' money to purchase Dover Heights and Edgecliff, even though they were in her name, being a de facto or married partner, AK, being younger than MC, would have thought that he would eventually own both properties worth over $10m on her death or half on divorce if he had no idea of MC's fraud. What a shock he would have got when he found out otherwise!

I agree that AK was totally dispensable to MC once she had won him over and she had made him totally codependent on her. There was a big difference in intelligence. AK was gullible and MC had not just the "street smarts" but the "conwoman smarts" if there is such a thing. I would have imagined that MC would have become totally bored with him to the extent that they probably slept in separate bedrooms but did not tell anyone about that. I predict that MC was a totally addicted person, a workaholic who was totally obsessed with (other people's) money spending it on whatever she assumed would impress other people to build her image. AK was just a pawn or possession to her with whom she could attend functions to enhance her image as a wealthy woman with a younger guy on her arm. And, I forgot, to give her those head massages that she liked so much.

'Toyboy' DJ husband of Melissa Caddick in line for a '$1million payout' after the conwoman took out a life insurance policy on HERSELF before she vanished – as her foot washes up on a beach months later

• Melissa Caddick was paying $120 per month for a life insurance policy
  • The revelation raises questions about a possible family payout
Melissa Caddick may have left behind a million dollar lifeline for her unemployed husband, just as Anthony Koletti and her family face being evicted from her properties. If Caddick named her family members as beneficiaries of her insurance policy, it could be a critical contribution to the welfare of hairdresser and DJ husband Mr Koletti, her teenage son and her elderly parents Ted and Barbara. Precise details of Caddick's insurance policy aren't known. However, Finder.com.au research reveals that an average 50-year-old Australian woman with life insurance pays just shy of $120 a month for about $1million coverage.

The revelation of the life insurance policy raises several questions with few clear answers. Could investors claim a right to the proceeds? Who did Caddick nominate to get a payout? And is suicide covered by Caddick's policy? Contrary to popular belief, many life insurers actually do cover suicide - as senior police last week said they suspected Caddick's death to be. 'Most life insurers offer some form of cover if the life insured (the person who is covered by the policy) dies by suicide,' said Finder insurance expert Taylor Blackburn. ' However, there is usually a 13-month exclusion period after the policy is first taken out where cover will not apply. Meanwhile, separate bank records seized by investigators revealed that Caddick had made regular payments to Asteron Life, a major insurance life and income protection firm.

Some $16,526 was paid to the company from one of her Qantas bank accounts, between August 2019 and July 2020, court documents said. What the payments were specifically for wasn't detailed.

Melissa Caddick took out life insurance policy, but will husband Anthony Koletti get a payout? | Daily Mail Online

21/02/2021: Shoe/foot found on Bournda Beach

MC paid for this life insurance policy for 11 months so I wonder why she stopped paying in July 2020. By the time she died, it was 17 months which is more than the 13 months required for the exclusion period. But had it lapsed due to non-payment? Did AG get funds to pay for this life insurance policy from the court?

From Asteron: If your policy lapses you’ll no longer be covered, so it’s something you'll want to get onto sooner rather than later. If this happens we’ll send you a Lapse Notice. How it affects your policy will depend on how long it's lapsed for:

• Under 20 working days: get your payments up to date in this time and we'll automatically reinstate your policy.
  • Between 20 working days and 12 months from the Lapse Date: you'll need to apply to have your cover reinstated.
You won’t be covered for any event or condition that occurred while the policy was lapsed. And if your health has changed, this may affect whether your application to reinstate your cover is accepted, or if the terms and conditions of your cover change.

Already a Customer

This does not look like a sure thing as MC stopped payments in July 2020 and I am not sure if they were able to reinstate it before 21st February, 2021. We also do not yet know who the beneficiaries are of the life insurance policy and when MC will be declared legally dead. In which case, they would need to keep paying the premiums. As AK and the family are now almost destitute, it would be a shame if they have not paid these premiums because $1m would go a long way towards their financial recovery.

MC has in this case, yet again, let her family and AK down. Why weren't they being paid automatically out of her bank account?

Does anyone know if they received funds for the life insurance payments?

'Toyboy' DJ husband of Melissa Caddick in line for a '$1million payout' after the conwoman took out a life insurance policy on HERSELF before she vanished – as her foot washes up on a beach months later

Melissa Caddick may have left behind a million dollar lifeline for her unemployed husband, just as Anthony Koletti and her family face being evicted from her properties. If Caddick named her family members as beneficiaries of her insurance policy, it could be a critical contribution to the welfare of hairdresser and DJ husband Mr Koletti, her teenage son and her elderly parents Ted and Barbara. Precise details of Caddick's insurance policy aren't known. However, Finder.com.au research reveals that an average 50-year-old Australian woman with life insurance pays just shy of $120 a month for about $1million coverage.

The revelation of the life insurance policy raises several questions with few clear answers. Could investors claim a right to the proceeds? Who did Caddick nominate to get a payout? And is suicide covered by Caddick's policy? Contrary to popular belief, many life insurers actually do cover suicide - as senior police last week said they suspected Caddick's death to be. 'Most life insurers offer some form of cover if the life insured (the person who is covered by the policy) dies by suicide,' said Finder insurance expert Taylor Blackburn. ' However, there is usually a 13-month exclusion period after the policy is first taken out where cover will not apply. Meanwhile, separate bank records seized by investigators revealed that Caddick had made regular payments to Asteron Life, a major insurance life and income protection firm.

Some $16,526 was paid to the company from one of her Qantas bank accounts, between August 2019 and July 2020, court documents said. What the payments were specifically for wasn't detailed.

Melissa Caddick took out life insurance policy, but will husband Anthony Koletti get a payout? | Daily Mail Online

MC paid for this life insurance policy for 11 months so I wonder why she stopped paying in July 2020. By the time she died, it was 17 months which is more than the 13 months required for the exclusion period. But had it lapsed due to non-payment? Did AG get funds to pay for this life insurance policy from the court?

From Asteron: If your policy lapses you’ll no longer be covered, so it’s something you'll want to get onto sooner rather than later. If this happens we’ll send you a Lapse Notice. How it affects your policy will depend on how long it's lapsed for:

• Under 20 working days: get your payments up to date in this time and we'll automatically reinstate your policy.
    • Between 20 working days and 12 months from the Lapse Date: you'll need to apply to have your cover reinstated.
You won’t be covered for any event or condition that occurred while the policy was lapsed. And if your health has changed, this may affect whether your application to reinstate your cover is accepted, or if the terms and conditions of your cover change.

Already a Customer

This does not look like a sure thing as MC stopped payments in July 2020 and I am not sure if they were able to reinstate it before 21st February, 2021. We also do not yet know who the beneficiaries are of the life insurance policy and when MC will be declared legally dead. In which case, they would need to keep paying the premiums. As AK and the family are now almost destitute, it would be a shame if they have not paid these premiums because $1m would go a long way towards their financial recovery.

MC has in this case, yet again, let her family and AK down. Why weren't they being paid automatically out of her bank account?

I would like to know this as well. I also looked into her life insurance a few weeks back, came to the same conclusion has anything been paid out to anyone or ?

Already a Customer

The majority of those funds went to MC's Income Protection Insurance (presumably that policy was Asteron)

Income Protection for MC $2,000.00
Life Insurance for MC $120.00
From the Affidavit

I don't believe the payments for Life Insurance stopped in July 2020 ...... that is just the date of the last Bank Statement that ASIC had and was working from ...

The Life Insurance Payment was again mentioned in Court as part of the "Weekly Expenses" and at that stage it was going to be continued to be paid as MC was a Missing Person.

Edit to add The Income Protection Insurance was most likely a requirement of the Bank for the Loans on the properties.

Last edited:
She must have had other funds to contribute to the mortgage of Dover Heights. She had about $2m deposit. Where did that come from? It seems to me that her fraudulent behaviour began long before 2013.

I think MC used Investors money for a large percentage of the deposit of Dover Heights....

2013 At least Two of Mr Calabria’s clients invested. (possibly more did as well??, and we now know, that not even back then did MC actually invest any of the Investors money)

4/04/2014 Bought Wallangra Road, Dover Heights for $6.2 m. Borrowed $4m.

Agree that the fraudulent behavior started before 2013..... was there fraudulent activity when MC was with SalesXecution??? as that business was fading into the background when she formed Maliver in 2013.

How can life insurance pay out on this if the premiums were from other people’s money? Did MC earn any money herself? It’s very messy.
It is extremely messy ..... but technically she did earn some money.... from dividends from the shares that were in her name......

However, whose money did she use to purchase those shares? And how long did she have them?? Did MC have those shares before Maliver was started???

If she had the shares before she started taking Investors money then the income could be deemed as hers??

Edit to add.. From the beginning ASIC has stated that investor money has been mixed in with MC's own personal finances...

Last edited:
Yes forgive me, in my eagerness to express a view I sometimes disregard the definition of words.
I'm basically of the opinion that yes, she was a controlling personality, definitely a narcissist, enabled psychologically to a point, but that someone in a high place/of professional standing, knew what was going on (to some degree) and was possibly involved in her disappearance, whether or not THEY had an accomplice is a good question.

I think at least two people would be involved, for practical reasons first and foremost.
I keep changing my mind about this case

It's so totally obvious what has happened though.

Just remember that when MC went missing she was wearing the same clothes she wore when ASIC raided her home 24hrs beforehand.

Who goes to bed in the clothes they wore all day then gets up in the morning and goes out without changing them?

If so, why? Does the why fit in with things police have been told?

I keep changing my mind about this case

It's so totally obvious what has happened though.

Just remember that when MC went missing she was wearing the same clothes she wore when ASIC raided her home 24hrs beforehand.

Who goes to bed in the clothes they wore all day then gets up in the morning and goes out without changing them?

If so, why? Does the why fit in with things police have been told?

I don't think that we can necessarily assume that she wore the same clothes as what she had on during the raid - only the same ASIC shoes. She could have had two pairs of the same shoe for that matter. If she was going to hide away, it is unlikely that she would wear high heels. I imagine that when she was not seeing clients, she could probably have worn her gym wear all day or, after a shower after her gym work, put on something similar. I don't imagine that AK would be observant enough to be able to tell police what was missing from her wardrobe.

On the other hand, if she escaped immediately after the raid and was alive for some months later, it is very likely that she only had the clothes she had on at the time of the raid and had to wear them every day washing them over night. As it was summer, they would dry overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214