Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #2 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thumbs up to all the officers working on this case :thumb:
I know it's been a tough one. Personally one of my friends with the CIB assured me a while back they were still working on it and we wouldn't see this day before they had some rock solid proof that would ensure a conviction at the courts.
They finally cracked it - well done :fireworks:

This news is a great relief. Now to find Novy.

I wonder what new evidence precipitated this?
He was sentenced in August 2014 for six years, eligible for parole after three years. I guess he must have been eligible for leave of absence. Maybe they caught him red-handed trying to destroy evidence or paying off an old "debt" during a leave?

I wonder what new evidence precipitated this?

I wonder if there is any new evidence, or if they have just finally been able to piece together the circumstantial case in a manner that is satisfactory to the prosecutor.
Either way, I am just so so so relieved that this is back behind bars and justice may yet be delivered.

POLICE took over 200 statements and followed more than 1000 lines of inquiry during the exhaustive investigation in to the murder of Novy Chardon.

However, despite today’s breakthrough arrest, Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson said he believed there are still people out there who know what happened on the night Mrs Chardon lost her life.

Det Supt Hutchinson said police had a ‘very strong circumstantial case’ but said the case was not over.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/nat...y/news-story/954a546c40626b332545124203beb04b

OMGosh I was driving along today and heard them say his name on the radio and turned it up, I literally clapped and did a fist pump whilst screaming YES!!!
I am just so glad that he's been charged! I do hope that Novy can be laid to rest soon and that her children are safe and being loved <3

We all knew it.
Now we await Novy's justice and hopefully the same for Sharon Edwards.

MILLIONAIRE businessman John Chardon transferred his substantial business and property portfolio late last year, with his older daughters from his first marriage taking control of his company.
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...s/news-story/3b433ff4cb69c78b493d97192349ba39

Regarding where the kids are - here an article from 2014:
Ms Chardon, one of two children from Mr Chardon&#8217;s earlier marriage to Maureen, now lives with her father in the Upper Coomera house he shared with Novy and their two children &#8212; Alex, 7 and Channell, 9.
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...sts-hes-innocent/story-fnj94idh-1226846567183
He was out on bail at that time with a bail condition that denied him to have contact with minors "unless in the presence of another adult". I believe Mr. Chardon's lawyer later on succeeded in having an exception added that Mr. Chardon was allowed to have unsupervised contact with his own younger children.

Regarding the latest development:
In a stunning development yesterday it was revealed convicted Gold Coast conman Peter Foster turned supergrass against Mr Chardon, 68, after spending time in jail with him.
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...r/news-story/b5f157c6081700976f8b71dc539cf262
From the same article:
Novy&#8217;s son and daughter live with their half-sister at the couple&#8217;s home in Upper Coomera.
One site searched off Kopps Rd at Oxenford was the same area police searched for weapons used in the alleged murder of missing Gold Coast father Greg Dufty, whose body has also never been found.

Who better to smarm incriminating information out of a murderer than Peter Foster? Conning people has been Foster's life's work and he's been very successful at it. I'm sure he did it as a community service and not for the $250,000 reward.

Irrespective of why he did it, that's what rewards are for, and if it brings justice for Novy, it's a small price to pay.

Most snitches aren't traditionally "reliable witnesses", but they've helped put many nasties away.

I wonder if there is any new evidence, or if they have just finally been able to piece together the circumstantial case in a manner that is satisfactory to the prosecutor.
Either way, I am just so so so relieved that this is back behind bars and justice may yet be delivered.

POLICE took over 200 statements and followed more than 1000 lines of inquiry during the exhaustive investigation in to the murder of Novy Chardon.

However, despite today’s breakthrough arrest, Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson said he believed there are still people out there who know what happened on the night Mrs Chardon lost her life.

Det Supt Hutchinson said police had a ‘very strong circumstantial case’ but said the case was not over.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/nat...y/news-story/954a546c40626b332545124203beb04b

I misspoke(mistyped?). For 'evidence' read 'circumstances'.

It seems the timing of Chardon's arrest was key, according to DS Hutchinson:

Jail mate Peter Foster squeals to police about Novy Chardon
Jessica Elder and Greg Stolz
Gold Coast Bulletin
June 18, 2016 12:00am

'“I think it was appropriate that this (arrest) didn’t occur during Chardon’s previous trial on unrelated charges or prior to that trial — that did have some impact on the timing.”'

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...r/news-story/b5f157c6081700976f8b71dc539cf262

On the other hand, it's interesting Foster received a reduced sentence:

Gold Coast: John Chardon, husband of missing woman Novy, arrested, murder charge expected
Jessica Elder
Gold Coast Bulletin
June 17, 2016 7:01pm

'Peter Foster was sensationally released from Brisbane’s Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre six months early in October last year.'

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...d/news-story/e4312b4c6ed2dfa96fd2c716f94408e3

Regardless of why, Chardon's arrest has been a long time coming. Hopefully, his upcoming trial results in many more years spent behind bars and the start of some justice for Novy and her children. Also, I hope that either the trial and/or future conviction will lead to the recovery of Novy's remains so she can be laid to rest with dignity.

Who better to smarm incriminating information out of a murderer than Peter Foster? Conning people has been Foster's life's work and he's been very successful at it. I'm sure he did it as a community service and not for the $250,000 reward.

Irrespective of why he did it, that's what rewards are for, and if it brings justice for Novy, it's a small price to pay.

Most snitches aren't traditionally "reliable witnesses", but they've helped put many nasties away.

Well said (typed?), Bobbie!

What's the betting it's another scam?

I hope they don't need to put Foster on the stand.

With Peter Foster's record, the defense will have a field day attacking his creditability. Would you trust Peter Foster who has made a fortune telling lies?

With Peter Foster's record, the defense will have a field day attacking his creditability. Would you trust Peter Foster who has made a fortune telling lies?
I'm hoping for taped evidence like with Cowan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back