Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NSW Police on Wednesday confirmed that a man was issued with a court attendance notice in January for two counts of knowingly giving false or misleading evidence at a hearing, and appeared in court on Friday.

The officer, speaking on the condition of anonymity, alleged the man was “lying about something that we can prove”.

William Tyrrell’s foster father charged with giving false or misleading evidence

Lied at a hearing? What hearing? The inquest? Did he cover up for the FFC in some way? Will they offer him indemnity from perjury if he spills the beans? Or was he covering up for himself. Gah, so many questions!

I feel the same way, I feel like we have been duped. If they are involved, I hope they feel the absolute full force of the law. IMO

I'm really lost for words I don't know what to believe any more I really hope the foster parents are not involved I always thought they weren't but I don't know what to think with these new charges I just hope for answers to what happened to this sweet boy
MOO

I think if there is reference to NSW Crime commission, the allegations absolutely reference something in relation to the William Tyrell case. IMOO
Lied at a hearing? What hearing? The inquest? Did he cover up for the FFC in some way? Will they offer him indemnity from perjury if he spills the beans? Or was he covering up for himself. Gah, so many questions!

A case so full of suppression, it appears like secrecy. Just so frustrating

Criminal Investigations — NSW Crime Commission

Above is a link to NSW crime commission website

“The Commission’s Criminal Investigations Division (‘CID’) has two primary responsibilities: to investigate organised and other serious crime; and, to share intelligence and evidence gathered by the Commission during the course of its activities with its partner agencies.”

“Offences that we investigate include homicide, terrorism, serious drug offences…”

A police officer involved in the long-running Strike Force Rosann, who is not authorised to speak publicly, told the Herald that the man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, applied to suppress the proceedings in their entirety when he appeared in court last week. On Wednesday, the interim suppression order was partially lifted.

The officer, speaking on the condition of anonymity, alleged the man was “lying about something that we can prove”.

William Tyrrell’s foster father charged with giving false or misleading evidence

The Crime Commission holds Star Chamber sessions where witnesses appear and assist them in their investigation of major crimes. Gang related crimes, terrorism related crimes, money laundering crimes.

They don't typically get involved in general police matters like AVOs and missing little boys.

FD has apparently lied, and it could be as a witness about something to do with a major crime. It could even be real estate related, if a transaction involved a major crime figure. It could be anything that is a major crime.

I'd be surprised if it is about anything less.
FD was just as legally 'compelled' to give evidence in Coroners Court (about William) as he would be to the Crime Commission's Star Chamber (about any major crime they are investigating).

imo

Last edited:
The Crime Commission holds Star Chamber sessions where witnesses appear and assist them in their investigation of major crimes. Gang related crimes, terrorism related crimes, money laundering crimes.

They don't typically get involved in general police matters like AVOs and missing little boys.

FD has apparently lied, and it could be as a witness about something to do with a major crime. It could even be real estate related, if a transaction involved a major crime figure. It could be anything that is a major crime.

FD was just as legally 'compelled' to give evidence in Coroners Court (about William) as he would be to the Crime Commission's Star Chamber (about any major crime they are investigating).

imo

I would think that WT's case would be regarded as a major crime given that the homicide squad are the lead investigators.

Here is an article in relation to a murder investigation that was solved with the NSW crime commission.

Two men jailed for combined 57 years for murder of Ho Ledinh — NSW Crime Commission

I would think that WT's case would be regarded as a major crime given that the homicide squad are the lead investigators.

Here is an article in relation to a murder investigation that was solved with the NSW crime commission.

Two men jailed for combined 57 years for murder of Ho Ledinh — NSW Crime Commission

I think you will find that the investigation (crime) mentioned in your link was organised crime related - the shooter went to collect a 'debt', the other guy was the driver.

Two men jailed for combined 57 years over 'shambolic' murder of Sydney lawyer Ho Ledinh

imo

I believe this is a more extensive list of the Commissions scope , and i think the point is
he has been accused of telling untruths :

Offences that we investigate include homicide, terrorism, serious drug offences (supply, manufacture, and importation) and, associated financial and money laundering activity. The CID works closely with the Commission’s partner agencies, particularly the NSW Police Force, to advance investigations into these offences. The CID investigation teams also works alongside the Commission’s Financial Investigations Division (FID) to identify assets purchased with the proceeds of crime and maximise confiscation outcomes for the State.

Criminal Investigations — NSW Crime Commission

Concealing Serious Offence
In New South Wales, it is an offence to conceal a serious indictable offence. This includes when a person fails to bring information to police that could be used in apprehending a person for an offence that carries a maximum penalty of five years imprisonment or more.

False Accusations
It is an offence to make a false accusation to police in New South Wales. A person commits this offence when they make an allegation to police, knowing the allegation to be false, with the intention of causing police to investigate a person for an offence.

Hindering an Investigation
Hindering an investigation is an offence that carries a maximum penalty of seven years imprisonment. A person commits this offence when they do an act with the intention of hindering an investigation, preventing the discovery of evidence or preventing the apprehension of a suspect.

Perjury
The offence of perjury is committed when a person knowingly makes a false statement under oath or affirmation during a judicial proceeding concerning a matter that is relevant to the proceeding.

Last edited:
I think you will find that the investigation (crime) mentioned in your link was organised crime related - the shooter went to collect a 'debt', the other guy was the driver.

Two men jailed for combined 57 years over 'shambolic' murder of Sydney lawyer Ho Ledinh

I believe the WT case is being treated as a murder and murder is a major crime.

One hearbreaking case that still makes me outraged is that of Leigh Leigh. There was a NSW Crime Commission investigation into this titled 'Investigation into the circumstances surrounding the murder of Leigh Leigh on 3 November 1989 and other offences by the New South Wales Crime Commission'

This was not organised crime.

I don't think it would be about the AVO if NSW crime commission are involved.

It's possible it's related to evidence he gave in the coroners court.

It's also possible it's related to something else entirely, perhaps financial fraud or real estate fraud (there was a case about real estate fraud recently will see if I can find it).

And this charge was initially suppressed at the request of FF's lawyer. And I know the fosters understandably want to protect themselves from crazies but it seems all these suppression orders are less about protecting their welfare and the foster childs welfare and more about saving face, imo.

Regardless of my opinion, it seems the NSW police are intent on going after them. What with this charge, 2 assault charges, AVO, naming FM as a POI to the media. Whether that's justified because the police have evidence that supports their involvement or whether there's some sort of personal vendetta only time will tell I guess.

Meanwhile poor William remains missing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads