Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look back over many famous solved cases, you'll find that the person responsible was already known to police, because they have a criminal record and/or they were interviewed by police in the course of their investigations.
Can anyone confirm how long it was after William's disappearance that each of the FFC and the MFC were videoed in the walkthroughs?

Media hype is a given in such cases, however, much of what they are reporting about new evidence and expectations therefrom are direct quotes from various senior police, so IMO it is the police who are responsible for whipping up the media in this phase.

Of course it is.

Media frenzy about BS ... thanks, Rupp.
Media frenzy about PS ... thanks, Jubes.
Media frenzy about FM ... thanks, Laidlaw.

We have seen this same scenario played out at least 3 times now. Is it a NSWPOL thing to do?
And (so far) the result seems to be about the same, each time.
Excuse me for not getting excited about this latest media frenzy.

imo

Of course it is.

We have seen this same scenario played out at least 3 times now. Is it a NSWPOL thing to do?

imo

The difference this time is that the so-called new evidence was considered of such significance that the mandate to investigate it halted the finalization process of a coronial inquest. Not a step taken lightly, so IMO it is incumbent on them (presumably via the coroner) to explain why police believe the new evidence is/was of such significance -- assuming, as seems likely, that nothing new of consequence was found as a result of the process.

The amount of smoke around this case is extraordinary.

They have reported the exact same thing about other potential suspects previously. The way they reported about BS made it appear that he was GUILTY, no question about it.

Then there were similar reports about the local pedos, that made it seem they were prime suspects. In there inquest they seemed to be focused on a few of them and the Daily Mail picked up on it and wrote about it. They described witness testimony blaming FA for the crime.

And so now, it is hard for me to take their new claims seriously, because it is like 'the boy who cried wolf.'

The only thing that makes me consider the FP as possible suspects is the alleged abuse accusations. But until I learn more about that situation, I will remain ion the fence.

The difference this time is that the so-called new evidence was considered of such significance that the mandate to investigate it halted the finalization process of a coronial inquest. Not a step taken lightly, so IMO it is incumbent on them (presumably via the coroner) to explain why police believe the new evidence is/was of such significance -- assuming, as seems likely, that nothing new of consequence was found as a result of the process.

No difference. imo

The Coroner wants the full evidence. She wanted the 'other' police suspicions investigated/put to bed - prior to making her ruling.
New evidence/information ..... FGM car was not forensically tested, the garden bed wasn't forensically tested, nor was the garage floor or the riding school area.

imo

Of course it is.

imo

And also interestingly, the last media frenzy had past frenzies to go off, plus the benefit of more information and possible leads.
It’s a struggle to work out what the hell is going on

Thanks for confirming what seemed to me to be the case: cops making every one they could find within cooee a 'person of interest' until deemed otherwise.

Sorry but your quote doesn't say where it's from - was it another members quote or a MSM quote? Just want to know what degree of accuracy it contains. TIA.

No difference. imo

The Coroner wants the full evidence. She wanted the 'other' police suspicions investigated/put to bed - prior to making her ruling.
New evidence/information ..... FGM car was not forensically tested, the garden bed wasn't forensically tested, nor was the garage floor or the riding school area.

imo

None of that is what I'd term 'new evidence' in the way that the police were trumpeting it.

Then there were similar reports about the local pedos, that made it seem they were prime suspects. In there inquest they seemed to be focused on a few of them and the Daily Mail picked up on it and wrote about it. They described witness testimony blaming FA for the crime.

And so now, it is hard for me to take their new claims seriously, because it is like 'the boy who cried wolf.'

The only thing that makes me consider the FP as possible suspects is the alleged abuse accusations. But until I learn more about that situation, I will remain ion the fence.

did they conduct a thorough search of the adjacent bush land next to FA’s caravan where it was reported there was a “bad smell”?
I know it was searched, but to what extent and what they found I didn’t find much on

Of course it is.

imo

Just to add - all of these Media frenzies included long expensive searches and to add to that list, they also created 2 searches in regard to FA , just like the recent one. Most times MSM were giving us reasons why they were searching,

I am not sure if that bolded portion ^^^ is a correct assessment of what happened.

I am not sure that 'it' halted the inquest. I think there was internal division that created the postponement of the finalisation process.

I think SOME detectives thought they knew who was the most likely suspect or suspects----but there was an active and organised group of 'activists' who felt the FP's were never looked at closely enough. And they raised enough questions that the coroner deemed it necessary to look into the allegations. She didn't feel she could close the proceedings without searching the property and the car and the surrounding area, imo.

So the press went into high gear, just as they had against BS, and then FA and PS, and the others, and made them look suspicious and possibly guilty.

So now we wait and see if those were human bone fragments and/or if that was fabric or threads from a Spiderman suit-----before they can finalise the inquest proceedings.

Last edited:
did they conduct a thorough search of the adjacent bush land next to FA’s caravan where it was reported there was a “bad smell”?
I know it was searched, but to what extent and what they found I didn’t find much on
I think there was so much time between when that smell supposedly happened and when LE heard about the testimony, there was no way to check it out anymore.

None of that is what I'd term 'new evidence' in the way that the police were trumpeting it.

It is all a matter of interpretation.

The new information (to me) is what I have said before about the non-forensically tested areas ... FGM's car, etc.
The new evidence (to me) is what could have come out of this most recent search ... cloth/threads/bones.

I am making a distinction due to the terminology used by a generally-more-factually-based MSM source (imo).
'Information' and 'evidence' are not interchangeable terms, to me.

According to Detective Chief Superintendent Darren Bennett, the search was sparked by "new information".
Search for William Tyrrell's remains to end this week

New evidence from the search is set to be presented to the coronial inquest into his disappearance
Police end latest search for William Tyrrell

Last edited:
It is all a matter of interpretation.

The new information (to me) is what I have said before about the non-forensically tested areas ... FGM's car, etc.
The new evidence (to me) is what could have come out of this most recent search ... cloth/threads/bones.

I am making a distinction due to the terminolgy used by a generally-more-factually-based MSM source (imo).
'Information' and 'evidence' are not interchangeable terms, to me.

According to Detective Chief Superintendent Darren Bennett, the search was sparked by "new information".
Search for William Tyrrell's remains to end this week

New evidence from the search is set to be presented to the coronial inquest into his disappearance
Police end latest search for William Tyrrell

I agree with you. Evidence is whatever they have come up with since commencing investigating this line of enq. Information is what has triggered the investigation in the first place. And I think there has to be more to it than, whoopsie we forgot to check granny's car, better get that sorted.

I agree with you. Evidence is whatever they have come up with since commencing investigating this line of enq. Information is what has triggered the investigation in the first place. And I think there has to be more to it than, whoopsie we forgot to check granny's car, better get that sorted.

Yes, I agree there is more to it. There are officers who want FM put through the wringer because they suspect her. Just like previous officers put BS and PS through the wringer. imo

As I said before, excuse me for not getting excited about this latest search. I can relate to your user name ... 'jaded' about these searches and the information that compells them.

Although, the searches must be done. I understand that. They just don't need to be done so publicly ... their police psychologist must advise the same 'pressure' methodology to all of the investigators. imo

I am not sure if that is a correct assessment of what happened.

I am not sure that 'it' halted the inquest. I think there was internal division that created the postponement of the finalisation process.

The coroner was scheduled to publish her findings on June 18, 2021.

Process halted/postponed, no difference for me. Same effect ... a delay in the final part of the process -- that is, the publishing of the findings.

Yes, it has been reported that there were divisions among police. Whatever the reason the coroner was persuaded to put down her pen, so to speak. After two exhaustive years of hearings, I don't think that would have been done lightly.

I think that bolded portion is pretty close to what it is. I think they have a theory that perhaps the boy fell from the upper deck---and they have never really fully investigated that scenario.

And I will say, it seems like a possible scenario. I have no problem with them investigating that possibility.

They don't really have solid evidence of that theory, IMO--->>no witnesses who saw it happen, no confessions. But they decided to fully investigate the scenario and we saw them roll out full force.

They said as much in their statements and with their actions. And they leaked it to the reporters who said just that---they were looking for evidence that this is what happened to him. But I do not believe they had any 'evidence' that this was what happened. It just seems like a possible scenario.

Last edited:
.... After two exhaustive years of hearings, I don't think that would have been done lightly.

Surely this would be no skin off the Coroner's nose? She continues her other inquest work as she waits for results.

The delay probably means more to us than it does to her. imo
Because we are anxious for a resolution to William's case.

The Coroner will get the full information she wants, until then she waits and does other work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz