Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
cops gain evidence in all sorts of manner.
they have legal support on what they can utilize and what they cant. and what they acquire and cant utilize is very very frustrating.
this really does feel like a witch hunt imo.:oops:
I bet he isn't the first and I bet there is evidence of sweeping it under the carpet and simply made not admissible in other cases.

moo

With allegations that Jubelin encouraged junior officers to do same is no witch hunt from my point of view. What it does show is a major systemic problem from the top down. I wonder if investigations of other task forces Jubelin has been involved in will reveal the same systemic problem allegedly encouraged by Jubelin.

There are at least 3 that I can see in Benaroon Drive. Which do you think? It's up to you considering we know nothing.

But why would Crabb DRIVE. I can see one at 16 Benaroon on cnr of Ellendale but was it there in 2014?

Do you think this may relate to BS ?

Hey TBL, I have no idea. However, that's what came to my mind.

Media certainly put main focus on him ( IMO that does not mean main focus for police) so given BS recent keenness for litigation, I'd consider his 'people' being most active in 'jumping on ' any possibilities. .. With whatever connections, leverage etc that may be gained.

Who knows.

I do not condone any level of 'falsification'. However, it seems quite rediculous that you have to say ' I'm about to record you so now tell me you did it' for it to be acceptable...

I ask - what sort of rediculous world do we live in, where we give greater rights to those who choose to operate outside of the realms of acceptable human rights of care, concern & respect for others; to those who abuse, harm & destroy the lives of others.

It's totally f*%{! - and will be for as long as we operate under 'power givers' who condone - who punish the genuine, yet slap on the wrist the perpretators .. Who say 'young offenders' should not be punished.. ..
Well of course they must not be - that may hamper our growth in real Criminals & we can't have that! The bloody boffins running the prisons 'as a profit business' would be out of a job!

BBM

SEASONED homicide investigator Gary Jubelin could face jail time for recording conversations with a key person of interest in the William Tyrell investigation.

The Saturday Telegraph understands the offences relate to separate face-to-face and phone conversations Insp Jubelin had with a man who helped with the search for William and has been called to give evidence at the inquest into the toddler’s disappearance.

It attracts a maximum penalty of five years’ jail or a fine but the law provides exceptions including if a recording is needed to protect the lawful interests of a person involved.

It is understood at least 10 people have provided statements during the investigation.

The investigation (into Jubes and the recordings) started when complaints regarding bullying and management were made about Jubelin within the homicide squad last year.
That snowballed into a Professional Standards Command investigation and saw Insp Jubelin taken off the Tyrrell case, removed from the homicide offices and placed on desk duties.

He was said to be livid about the decision to take him away from the leading role on the Tyrrell investigation given his intimate knowledge of the case and the fact it hadn’t been solved.
While he refused to comment on the departure, Insp Jubelin had told colleagues he was disappointed to leave the force but was determined to go out with his reputation intact.
The charges began to spark outcry on Friday from the families of homicide victims who have long admired Insp Jubelin for his dedication.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin charged over breaches to Listening Devices Act - 21 June 2019
Oh wow SA - I read 'a witness' and was a little confused, but this paints a different picture . And dare I say, not BS ... all IMO .

Just catch the person I say - and I don't care how you do it Jubes :)

That's right, TBL. The perp is still out there whistling Dixie. And perhaps harming other little children.

Give it a couple of months and I think Jubes will be okay. It is hard to imagine that someone has tried to bring him down with these kind of charges. I can't find any cases of other officers facing these kind of charges. Other officers go to court to face charges of MUCH more serious things. And you can bet your bottom dollar that Jubes is not the only one who has recorded without a warrant or permission (if that is what happened).

We need to hope that the full scope of the investigation is moving closer and closer to bringing the criminal down.

Well said SA. There's an evil force at work, and as a community we must be strong in our belief & in our support of goodness, truth, honour & justice.

I've added Jubes to my prayer list :)

The coal remains cool unless there is heat.

Agreed PT. But 'heat' can come from many sources.

I recall a story told by my up line of 'cattle duffers' who cut the brands of all the cattle, put them in a sugar bag & told the town simpleton it was a dead cat & to throw the bag in the coal train engine - heat generated for sure.

BTW, there's a book written to verify.

Hey TBL, I have no idea. However, that's what came to my mind.

Media certainly put main focus on him ( IMO that does not mean main focus for police) so given BS recent keenness for litigation, I'd consider his 'people' being most active in 'jumping on ' any possibilities. .. With whatever connections, leverage etc that may be gained.

Who knows.

I do not condone any level of 'falsification'. However, it seems quite rediculous that you have to say ' I'm about to record you so now tell me you did it' for it to be acceptable...

I ask - what sort of rediculous world do we live in, where we give greater rights to those who choose to operate outside of the realms of acceptable human rights of care, concern & respect for others; to those who abuse, harm & destroy the lives of others.

It's totally f*%{! - and will be for as long as we operate under 'power givers' who condone - who punish the genuine, yet slap on the wrist the perpretators .. Who say 'young offenders' should not be punished.. ..
Well of course they must not be - that may hamper our growth in real Criminals & we can't have that! The bloody boffins running the prisons 'as a profit business' would be out of a job!
So agree with everything you say here

With allegations that Jubelin encouraged junior officers to do same is no witch hunt from my point of view. What it does show is a major systemic problem from the top down. I wonder if investigations of other task forces Jubelin has been involved in will reveal the same systemic problem allegedly encouraged by Jubelin.
Seems he has a lot of support from families he’s worked for

I don't know how much important stuff you need to remember in a day, but I do know I spend my time taking copious notes - externally & internally.

If I was in a position where 'a life' was dependant on the context of conversations, I'd be recording them too. Then I'd later be trawling through, listening, hearing every pause, every intonation etc., I'm on a mission to find the missing person, to solve this crime, to bring those responsible to justice.

And if I was in a position of training others ( as I am) I'd be instructing them to be alert to all of those bodily vibes ...

This is a man who's solved a lot of crimes, and who has support of many .. . I actually applaud him for doing what he needed to do.

We've got a half-baked legal / justice system as it is - slap on the wrist & off you go - oh hello, you're back again, well here's another slap on the wrist!

All praise to those who care enough & are genuine in their approach to justice IMO

Actually it says "including driving to a nearby swimming pool" NOT - DROVE

Yes. And I actually don't see a problem if he did drive up to Ellendale. Perhaps he has a limp/back problem/some other kind of issue and can't manage walking uphill without pain.

Perhaps, too, it was a quicker way to get to where he hoped William wasn't (face down in a nearby pool).

Seems the deputy editor of the Sunday Telegraph has weighed in on the current situation.

Parts of the article - although she does speak much more of the politics, and the good things Jubes has done for NSW.

<modsnip: Can't direct quote from a paywalled article; can only use the summary that is visible to all, or paraphrase and if other members have an account, they can read it in full>

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for quoting the etiquette to me, Karinna. Perhaps your post should be posted on just about every thread on WS?

Or perhaps I should put it in my own words, for which I was questioned by two members here previously.

Seems whichever way I post the info, I am questioned about the content.

Hang in there SA, please. I for one value your thoughts & contributions.

Life is blessed with all configs of detractors. . IMO, it's your own truth that counts. . looking in the mirror is confronting enough for me with all those rolls & wrinkles, let alone if I'd harmed !

The truth will prevail. Look a how many 'old' crimes are now being solved with those responsible facing courts after years of 'apparent' escape .. that's as I see it anyway..

It will be interesting to hear the Ch10 podcast next week. Perhaps that will be more revealing?
It is supposed to change the way everyone thinks about this case. What could that mean?

Perhaps it will allude to the person who Jubes had his focus on, and everyone will be shocked that it was not Spedding - as some of us are pretty sure it wasn't.

It'll certainly be interesting to hear - most especially if the media have something 'real' to report in this case.

I can't imagine how - but then it's an interesting move for Coroner to ask Media for their Photos etc. so perhaps some trade-off for information ??

Looking forward to the news - mostly looking to good news for William

And your point is....?

Hey PaperTrail - I'm most interested in your perspective of all this (I have reached out previously )

As this is a forum for embracing & encouraging people in bringing forth their own ideas & opinions, I'm really keen to hear your point of view.

A subscription doesn't cost very much.

It is not possible to determine from the article exactly who thinks it is a minor matter. But it does say that it took weeks for the top brass to decide whether or not to charge him, so I guess that says something.

It certainly wasn't my opinion inserted into an MSM article. And I would hope that no-one here would think that I would ever do something like that.
This is the second time I have been asked for more clarification over MSM words by yourself. That was a direct quote.
I did not question your post or the quote in the article. I did not seek clarification from you and I do not know what previous post you are speaking of. You are inferring something I have not done.

Thanks for quoting the etiquette to me, Karinna. Perhaps your post should be posted on just about every thread on WS?

Or perhaps I should put it in my own words, for which I was questioned by two members here previously.

Seems whichever way I post the info, I am questioned about the content.
BBM, Why do you say that? I put up the info. re TOS because it states about paywalled articles and what is permitted to post in that regard is all. A link and the free preview and seeing it is under the TOS about Copyright i imagine anything more than the link and free preview is perhaps copyright infringement? But perhaps you know something different about that, but that is my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist