Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the interests of good research and sleuthing, for people who don't have news subscriptions: Australian newspapers do seem to allow a "guest" viewing of a single article (which would otherwise be subscriber-only) if you get there via a link in their Twitter accounts, MOO. I'm not talking about bypassing paywalls: the links are provided by the newspapers themselves, so presumably they do want people to use them, and you don't need to be a member of Twitter to do so.

In my experience you're limited to one article, but whether you're permitted to see another one again tomorrow, or never again, probably depends on your browser, I think. (I get good results with Mocha Text Browser app on an old iPad for a slow connection.)

Some Australian MSM verified Twitter accounts:
Daily Telegraph
The Australian

Hey TBL, I have no idea. However, that's what came to my mind.

Media certainly put main focus on him ( IMO that does not mean main focus for police) so given BS recent keenness for litigation, I'd consider his 'people' being most active in 'jumping on ' any possibilities. .. With whatever connections, leverage etc that may be gained.

Who knows.

I do not condone any level of 'falsification'. However, it seems quite rediculous that you have to say ' I'm about to record you so now tell me you did it' for it to be acceptable...

I ask - what sort of rediculous world do we live in, where we give greater rights to those who choose to operate outside of the realms of acceptable human rights of care, concern & respect for others; to those who abuse, harm & destroy the lives of others.

It's totally f*%{! - and will be for as long as we operate under 'power givers' who condone - who punish the genuine, yet slap on the wrist the perpretators .. Who say 'young offenders' should not be punished.. ..
Well of course they must not be - that may hamper our growth in real Criminals & we can't have that! The bloody boffins running the prisons 'as a profit business' would be out of a job!

The relative Act requires a warrant to enable a police officer to record a discussion/interrogation of someone as part of an investigation. The person being recorded does not necessarily need to be told of such recording prior to the recording. The warrant is the important point.

Links to the Act have been posted previously.

Hey PaperTrail - I'm most interested in your perspective of all this (I have reached out previously )

As this is a forum for embracing & encouraging people in bringing forth their own ideas & opinions, I'm really keen to hear your point of view.

Each one of my posts is from my perspective.

Did those families end up with justice for their loved one? Leveson hope. Bowraville nope.
Just in case you missed this.....

Top NSW detective Gary Jubelin charged

Victims' families have labelled the case against a high-profile NSW homicide detective a "witch hunt", pledging their support for Gary Jubelin who is accused of using a mobile phone to record someone without a warrant.

Matthew Leveson's mother, Faye Leveson, said she and her husband Mark were "heartbroken for Gary" and "absolutely devastated to think they've actually laid charges against him".

Leonie Duroux, the sister-in-law of Clinton Speedy-Duroux, who was 16 years old when he disappeared from the northern NSW town of Bowraville, also called the case a "witch-hunt".

"It's a *advertiser censored**ing disgrace to be honest," she told AAP.

"We're behind Gary 100 per cent, we support him and we will do anything we can to support him. Not that there's much that we can do except speak our mind I guess."

(Edited to meet TOS)

Just in case you missed this.....

Top NSW detective Gary Jubelin charged

Victims' families have labelled the case against a high-profile NSW homicide detective a "witch hunt", pledging their support for Gary Jubelin who is accused of using a mobile phone to record someone without a warrant.

Matthew Leveson's mother, Faye Leveson, said she and her husband Mark were "heartbroken for Gary" and "absolutely devastated to think they've actually laid charges against him".

Leonie Duroux, the sister-in-law of Clinton Speedy-Duroux, who was 16 years old when he disappeared from the northern NSW town of Bowraville, also called the case a "witch-hunt".

"It's a *advertiser censored**ing disgrace to be honest," she told AAP.

"We're behind Gary 100 per cent, we support him and we will do anything we can to support him. Not that there's much that we can do except speak our mind I guess."

(Edited to meet TOS)

"Following his removal, the families of missing or murdered relatives whose cases Mr Jubelin investigated came out in his support, saying he was a “hero” to them."

‘Hero’ William Tyrrell cop charged

I am not sorry jubes is off Williams case I shall just throw that out there as a disclaimer.
because..... I feel there is truth in the stagnation of the case fell at his feet.
fresh eyes and fresh leading hands are good!!!

but.
jubes brought excellent work in those previous cases. devastating to everyone that the court wasn't satisfied with the work the task force brought to the table.
imo it was more than enough and shouldn't be a slight on his reputation.

moo

I am not sorry jubes is off Williams case I shall just throw that out there as a disclaimer.
because..... I feel there is truth in the stagnation of the case fell at his feet.

but.
jubes brought excellent work in those previous cases. devastating to everyone that the court wasn't satisfied with the work the task force brought to the table.

moo

It is unfortunate that Jubes was not allowed to stay on the case through the inquest. As I feel that his work will be a huge part of resolving this case. It would have been good to allow him the satisfaction of at least seeing the inquest through, seeing that he started that process, worked closely with the Coroner, and it is primarily his work that is in the case notes that the Coroner is working from.

I wonder why we have heard nothing from DCI Laidlaw? At least a few words, a media comment attributed directly to him, a presser ... something to reassure the public that the work on this case is continuing, and continuing in earnest, despite any internal shenanigans that are going on.

It is unfortunate that Jubes was not allowed to stay on the case through the inquest. As I feel that his work will be a huge part of resolving this case. It would have been good to allow him the satisfaction of at least seeing the inquest through, seeing that he started that process, worked closely with the Coroner, and it is primarily his work that is in the case notes that the Coroner is working from.

I wonder why we have heard nothing from DCI Laidlaw? At least a few words, a media comment attributed directly to him, a presser ... something to reassure the public that the work on this case is continuing, and continuing in earnest, despite any internal shenanigans that are going on.
yes I am very interested in how laidlaw is doing.
I am guessing heads down bottoms up and focusing on getting the job done.
the work load at the moment would be immense.

Yes, SA. The silence is deafening. IMO.
Jubes did all of the work and now someone else wants the glory. IMO. All of this debacle doesn't seem to be putting the interests of William and his families at the forefront. IMO.

but.

moo

BBM - May I ask what Court you are talking about? I'm not understanding.

Not everyone wants to subscribe to a newspaper.
(quote)
WS Etiquette & Information
If an article is behind a paywall (i.e., by subscription only), you may post only the link and any portion of the content shown as a free preview.
I really appreciate you posting that Karinna. It makes sense. If we can't all access the article then extracts etc. should not be posted on here for discussion as it is all out of context and up to the poster's discretion what they think is important in the article as opposed to having the full context. So just the link for paywalled articles and the content shown. Easy.

yes I am very interested in how laidlaw is doing.
I am guessing heads down bottoms up and focusing on getting the job done.
the work load at the moment would be immense.

I'm not sure that the workload would be immense, at the moment, in William's case for DCI Laidlaw. The case notes and evidence have been delivered and are in the Coroner's hands. Everyone is hoping that the inquest is going to help further the investigation and/or resolve the matter - for the police to then pursue any new information/recommendations.

It likely does not take an officer of DCI Laidlaw's standing to gather photos from journos, and any other required info, to deliver to the Coroner.

DCI Laidlaw's work load may be immense. But maybe not in William's case at the moment - I am sure that he, like all the other detectives, is working on multiple cases at the same time.

However, a few words delivered through any easy means available would be reassuring to a public who is reacting to the changes.

Well, I guess it's a bit like the allegations GJ faces, there are laws and TOS to operate within, and then there are justifications for why those don't apply to us. There are pros and cons, but obviously the cons outweigh the pros to make it a part of TOS. IMO
GJ hasn't offered justifications or said that the offence is trivial as far as I know. He says he hasn't committed an offence. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt pending the hearing of his case.

Thanks, sillybilly. I will continue paraphrasing, as I have in the past. :)
Thanks for that, SA. It’s really appreciated, especially as there are fewer and fewer free (and reputable) MSM sources available. If it wasn’t for your and others’ paraphrasing of paywalled MSM articles, I wouldn’t have access to some of the intricate details of William’s case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist