Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(quote)
Under questioning by his own counsel on Friday, Mr Savage admitted that the death of his wife in 2015, the loss of his brother this year and living alone until recently had taken its toll.

His voice cracking, Mr Savage agreed his wife’s death from cancer had been “very hard” as had his brother Laurie’s death because “him and I were good mates”.

Asked about the many mementos of his wife around his home, which is opposite the house from which William Tyrrell vanished in 2014, Mr Savage again stopped mid-sentence unable to finish and bowed his head.
He also agreed with his lawyer Chris McGorey that compared with five years ago, his memory was “not real good”.
William Tyrrell neighbour breaks down at inquest
Gotta wonder why he was supposedly pursuing the postie ! Feel sorry for his wife.

Are you able to steer me to where you saw this?
If my memory is correct they were shown very early on. Maybe one of longtime members can help me out here ?
All good found the article and posted below

Last edited:
Crying doesn’t make ‘em innocent.

Jaymes Todd

Borce Ristevski

John Edwards

John Chardon

Chris Watts

These are just the ones of the top
of my head

They all cried.
No it doesn't. Not sure on two of those Todd & Edwards but the other 3 all murdered their wives from memory, with Watts killing his unborn child & two little girls. And there was also evidence against them to convict them at Trial.

It's obvious Jubelin and his team kept things close to their chest. So many things we knew nothing about... the investigation is more than likely still like that. Like new developments we know nothing about. It's been a while since he was relegated to desk duties. What has happened since the recordings? Well, we know there was a raid on someone's (previous) premises or thereabouts. Things move on... testing the next POI etc - as should be done. Not saying PS is innocent but I'm glad others are being investigated... perhaps via process' of elimination, or whatever. There can be many co-current POIs - just because we are hearing about PS 'only' at the moment, doesn't mean other POIs aren't/weren't or are still being investigated...

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a lot of hope for the investigation.

This week, William's foster mother was in tears after she told the court that last year, during her son's inquest, police told her the case would be moved to unsolved homicide. "I'm angry," she said.

At the conclusion of the hearing on Friday, William's foster family said in a statement that they hold "grave concerns regarding the cavalier way in which police leadership have viewed William's abduction over the past two years".
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...GklYRL314k2Mr9gGJJUf7wc9gsFo1h0o6siVtKUI1TdQU

Last edited:
8785899775128cdfef77e4cc2472903e

Thanks thebottomline, posting pic, those little shoes could've taken him anywhere, down the grassy hill, onto the road.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

1. I thought I saw a discussion on here that FM was asked by 000 operator if he had shoes on but she didn't answer, just mentioned a mole on his head. He didn't have shoes on in the photo just before he went missing, so there must be some basis for saying he had put shoes on?
2. Wasn't the visit about a birthday of one or the other? That would be something a friend might do, whether or not she did visit at that time is to be established.
5. The fact that the Crabbs thought they heard the postie and GJ asking PS about whether he was waiting for the postie, gives the impression that it was around the time she would have been expected.

Photo of shoes bottom right of poster

2. Where was it said it was for a birthday?

upload_2020-2-18_18-51-37.png

Photo of shoes bottom right of poster

2. Where was it said it was for a birthday?

View attachment 232849

This was a quote from MSM
BBM

"During that time, he said, Savage turned his attention to William’s foster grandmother, who lived opposite him, and had recently become widowed.

“He would turn up unannounced and just stand there and stare at her,” he said.

Two days before William disappeared, the court heard, the “post lady” was due to visit William’s foster nana on Benaroon Drive where William was staying when he went missing."

The 'birthday visit' was a suggestion by one of the other posters.

Regardless of whether it was a birthday of either, or in fact whether she ever went on the visit, it does indicate that the relationship might have been something more than post lady and post recipient. And she may have been aware of when the family was due to visit.

BBM

"During that time, he said, Savage turned his attention to William’s foster grandmother, who lived opposite him, and had recently become widowed.

Two days before William disappeared, the court heard, the “post lady” was due to visit William’s foster nana on Benaroon Drive where William was staying when he went missing."

Regardless of whether it was a birthday of either, or in fact whether she ever went on the visit, it does indicate that the relationship might have been something more than post lady and post recipient. And she may have been aware of when the family was due to visit.
But what’s your point here . She’d want to go and abduct her friends foster grandchild ?

Wouldn't Daddy have parked on the concrete upper driveway. If William had run around the house, then the car sister saw must have been on the lower (gravel) driveway.

I am trying to work out how his sister would have seen anything, wasnt she in going to the toilet at the time while FM made tea? From back deck where they were playing earlier, you cant see either driveway either IMO. She would have had to be looking out window IMO or on front deck?

I am trying to work out how his sister would have seen anything, wasnt she in going to the toilet at the time while FM made tea? From back deck where they were playing earlier, you cant see either driveway either IMO. She would have had to be looking out window IMO or on front deck?

His sister was on the back deck with the FFC & FGM when Wiliiam was running around.

BBM

Maybe a parcel was due for delivery, if fgm was tracking it she knew the exact day it was coming.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a lot of hope for the investigation.

This week, William's foster mother was in tears after she told the court that last year, during her son's inquest, police told her the case would be moved to unsolved homicide. "I'm angry," she said.

At the conclusion of the hearing on Friday, William's foster family said in a statement that they hold "grave concerns regarding the cavalier way in which police leadership have viewed William's abduction over the past two years".
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...GklYRL314k2Mr9gGJJUf7wc9gsFo1h0o6siVtKUI1TdQU

Yes but you cannot ignore the fact they searched a new area re another POI - & that's not cavalier. This statement is made from a woman that perhaps has not had the same level of correspondence & respect - with the new investigators, that she did with/from Gary - IMO. Gary was the ultimate victim's advocate - & that's a difficult role to fill or replace. They are perhaps not so good at communicating?

But what’s your point here . She’d want to go and abduct her friends foster grandchild ?
and how would she know William would be unattended outside at the precise time she delivers the post? Is there suppose to be a collusion between her and the fgm? I get the angle of an accident cover up, but a kidnapping plot by the postie?

Yes but you cannot ignore the fact they searched a new area re another POI - & that's not cavalier. This statement is made from a woman that perhaps has not had the same level of correspondence & respect - with the new investigators, that she did with/from Gary - IMO. Gary was the ultimate victim's advocate - & that's a difficult role to fill or replace. They are perhaps not so good at communicating?
Seems to me that FM was told pretty clearly that the case was being moved to unsolved homicides.
I also recall Caroline Overington stating in one of her articles that the inquest is the last stop before the case goes to a cold case.

I think the only hope that William has for justice is if the Coroner can compel some incriminating testimony. There are other serious crimes being committed daily, and I would (very sadly) not be at all surprised if - when the current OIC soon retires - Rosann is disbanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member