Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I did read today from the Australian. The last bit made my hairs stand up.

Frank Abbott
He told the court by videolink that he had been promised a lawyer, but then got locked in his cell on Thursday and Friday last week, and no lawyer had been in touch since.

He has been promised a Legal Aid lawyer, who should arrive before he is due to testify.

Mr Abbott chose to spend Monday listening to the evidence and could be seen on one of the courthouse screens, sitting at a desk, dressed in prison greens. He has snowy white hair, and occasionally made noises that sounded like groaning, or snoring.

He has denied any involvement in the disappearance of William, a three-year-old foster child who went missing from the mid-north coast village of Kendall whilst wearing a Spider-Man suit.

The inquest is moving at a glacial pace: it began more than a year ago, and there are still more than forty names on the witness list.

Mr Abbott asked a question about whether Mr Jones used to chop firewood. (Question was to DJ who was on the stand today)

She said it wasn’t uncommon for a neighbour to use a chainsaw to chop wood.

Mr Abbott asked a question about whether Mr Jones used to chop firewood.

Who is "she" ??? Does it state who is answering the question??

but i think the talk of him going to an industrial area/site/facility was around that same time though, not necessarily that day he did the drive past, but maybe we were just assuming, i do remember doing a google drive around behind some area with i think roller doors?
its been so long, itll be all back in the early threads somewhere!
i do remember that also but no clear memory,was it to do with storing white goods or something

Something I did read today from the Australian. The last bit made my hairs stand up.

Frank Abbott
He told the court by videolink that he had been promised a lawyer, but then got locked in his cell on Thursday and Friday last week, and no lawyer had been in touch since.

He has been promised a Legal Aid lawyer, who should arrive before he is due to testify.

Mr Abbott chose to spend Monday listening to the evidence and could be seen on one of the courthouse screens, sitting at a desk, dressed in prison greens. He has snowy white hair, and occasionally made noises that sounded like groaning, or snoring.

He has denied any involvement in the disappearance of William, a three-year-old foster child who went missing from the mid-north coast village of Kendall whilst wearing a Spider-Man suit.

The inquest is moving at a glacial pace: it began more than a year ago, and there are still more than forty names on the witness list.

Mr Abbott asked a question about whether Mr Jones used to chop firewood. (Question was to DJ who was on the stand today)

Please provide a link.. and if this is behind a paywall TOS state you cannot directly quote.

Caroline Overington has twice won Australia’s most

Last edited:
Speaking of chainsaws wasn’t there a neighbour who lived on Benaroon Drive who apparently called TJ on the day wt disappeared asking for the return of their chainsaw?
I remember a chainsaw borrowed from council, and someone was chasing it, can't remember who or where they lived or about a phone call on the day.

i do remember that also but no clear memory,was it to do with storing white goods or something
Can’t recall exactly so I’m looking through all my bits of information stored along the way so once I’ve found it I’ll put it up

Can’t get the link to open so I’ve copied and pasted

Convicted pedophile watches from cell as William Tyrrell inquest resumes

*** FOR USE BY STELLAR MAGAZINE *** MUST NOT RUN BEFORE: FEBRUARY 23, 2020 *** STELLAR FEATURE: Caroline Overington *** last known photo of William Tyrrell ***
  • CAROLINE OVERINGTON
    c35a7c6f40251a5d39b4e66eee8bbb6e
  • 5:15PM MARCH 9, 2020
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Email
    A convicted pedophile from the NSW mid-north coast has been invited to observe the William Tyrrell inquest from a heavy-bricked cell at the Cessnock jail.

Frank Abbott, 79, a sex offender currently serving 16 years for abusing young boys, spent Monday watching proceedings on CCTV.

He asked two questions of witnesses but is not expected to give his own testimony until next week.

Mr Abbott was living rough in a caravan in the bush near the house William disappeared from, in 2014.

Police have twice searched the site, turning an old wood pile into chips during one of those searches. Cadaver dogs have also been over the area.

The most recent search was just two weeks ago.

Mr Abbott made his appearance on a courtroom screen just moments after the inquest into William’s disappearance re-opened on Monday.

After a delay of seven months, evidence is being taken from witnesses in the mid-north township of Taree, about 45 minutes from Benaroon Drive, Kendall, where William was playing when he went missing a touch under six years ago, on 12 September 2014.

Mr Abbott has been questioned as a person of interest, although there has been no evidence presented to link him to the crime.

First to the stand on Monday was a local woman, Kellie Lee, whose son, whose name is suppressed, was about the same age as William.

Witness Kellie Lee attends the first day of the William Tyrrell inquest at Taree Local Court on Monday. Picture: Nathan Edwards/AAP
    By chance he was visiting Kendall on the day of William’s disappearance, and wearing a Spider-Man suit.

She described making him take it off after William went missing in case people thought her son was William.

The inquest opened with NSW deputy state coroner, Harriet Grahame, again thanking William’s families – foster, and biological – for their immense patience.

“I acknowledge that keeping the faith is challenging,’ Ms Grahame said.

“Like you, I am committed to finding answers … The fact that William is still missing means that we still have reason to be here.”

The inquest also took evidence from Ms Debbie Jones, the former wife of another local pedophile, Mr Anthony Jones, who is formerly of Wauchope, about fifteen minutes from Kendall.

She told the court the she was involved with a local group called GAPA – Grandparents As Parents Again – whose president, Paul Bickford, has also been convicted of a sex crime against a child.

She remembered that Mr Bickford was “charged with an offence … I wouldn’t let him go inside after I heard those charges,” she said, but her then-husband remained friendly with him.

She said Mr Jones had come home “drunk-drunk” as in very drunk on the day of William’s disappearance. He told her he’d gone “scrapping” — looking for scrap metal to sell — and had made only enough money for a packet of cigarettes.

Mr Abbott asked a question about whether Mr Jones used to chop firewood.

The inquest is continuing.

CAROLINE OVERINGTON
    ASSOCIATE EDITOR
    Caroline Overington has twice won Australia’s most
Astounded he was allowed to listen. There must be a reason for this to be allowed .

I remember a chainsaw borrowed from council, and someone was chasing it, can't remember who or where they lived or about a phone call on the day.

Wasn't it the lady involved (deputy president or something) with GAPA who said that her husband wanted the council chainsaw back, and she/someone had called Jones about it?

Wasn't it the lady involved (deputy president or something) with GAPA who said that her husband wanted the council chainsaw back, and she/someone had called Jones about it?
“A relative said Mr Jones was in the bush collecting scrap metal at the time, while Mr Jones told another source he was out using a chainsaw he had borrowed from the local council.”
Burnt-out car linked to William Tyrrell mystery

A relative said Mr Jones was in the bush collecting scrap metal at the time, while Mr Jones told another source he was out using a chainsaw he had borrowed from the local council.

Burnt-out car linked to William Tyrrell mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member