AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I was hoping OM had cameras of their own, especially helpful would be cameras on the opposite side of the church. They might capture activity behind the building on the side of the Celis home.

Does OM have cameras at the back?

To me, this is not a stranger abduction. Dogs, walls, the house layout etc. suggests to me that someone who knew the family was involved. Time will tell. God bless the innocents.

Even though there have been cases where a stranger perp entered a house, abducting a child, with dogs present, there still is a huge risk if the perp doesn't know the temperament of the dogs. And it seems in this case, these were very noisy dogs if the neighbors were aware of them!

MOO

Even though Isa door closed, you would think any little noise would have caused dogs to bark. ... such as, when perp kidnapped Isa. Wonder if dogs barked in middle of night? I had thought she was kidnapped or passed out window by someone staying there at 0628 per neighbor confirming time of dog barking and men in ally outside Isa window(and possibly the same time Mom in shower or feeding dogs in back yard), but maybe this did happen in middle of night. Still strongly suspect family member involved who knew home layout, back alley by Isa room, dog schedule, family schedule --- either Dad, Uncle, family friend or neighbor who had been to home and knew Isa. Who would know that Isa sleeping alone that night? Dogs inside, rather than outside? Family.

Its a shame to hear about another little girl kidnapped from her home. Is this happening more often, or do we just hear about it more because of cable news, etc.

Even though Isa door closed, you would think any little noise would have caused dogs to bark. ... such as, when perp kidnapped Isa. Wonder if dogs barked in middle of night? I had thought she was kidnapped or passed out window by someone staying there at 0628 (when Mom in shower or feeding dogs), but maybe this did happen in middle of night... Its a shame to hear about another little girl kidnapped from her home. Is this happening more often, or do we just hear about it more because of cable news, etc.

Fwiw, my dog isn't really much of a barker unless she hears someone coming up to the door (during the day - always the mailman) and at night if she hears something "out of place". We used to always check it out (looking out windows), but now we just shush her. If the Celis' dogs barked at a variety of things that never really meant something to the Celis', then they may have just started shushing them when they barked. MOO. Also, when mine is sounding a warning bark, she's actually more quiet (more like a low growl bark) to the point that if I was in a deep sleep I would never hear it.

Wonder if the neighbor's dog barked in middle of night, and not just at 0628?

Even though Isa door closed, you would think any little noise would have caused dogs to bark. ... such as, when perp kidnapped Isa. Wonder if dogs barked in middle of night? I had thought she was kidnapped or passed out window by someone staying there at 0628 per neighbor confirming time of dog barking and men in ally outside Isa window(and possibly the same time Mom in shower or feeding dogs in back yard), but maybe this did happen in middle of night. Still strongly suspect family member involved who knew home layout, back alley by Isa room, dog schedule, family schedule --- either Dad, Uncle, family friend or neighbor who had been to home and knew Isa. Who would know that Isa sleeping alone that night? Dogs inside, rather than outside? Family.

Its a shame to hear about another little girl kidnapped from her home. Is this happening more often, or do we just hear about it more because of cable news, etc.
Personally I don't believe the neighbor's account of the dogs barking or the men outside at 6:30am have anything to do with Isabel's disappearance. It would be daylight and highly unlikely the perpetrator abducted her then, as opposed to during the middle of the night, in darkness, while everyone was asleep.

MOO

If LE had already identified and spoken to our mysterious 6th person recorded on this latest video release, doesn't it make sense that they would have said that when asked at today's presser? IE, "Oh, yes ~ that was Office Max's security person or custodial staff, and we have interviewed them" or whatever?

I would think that type of statement would shift the focal point back onto the five walkers ~ which is what they desired. Since they didn't do that, it leaves me to believe the mysterious figure is the very reason they want to talk with the group of 5 ~ to discover if they noticed him/her and could give any description or further helpful details. 'Course, just moo.

If LE had already identified and spoken to our mysterious 6th person recorded on this latest video release, doesn't it make sense that they would have said that when asked at today's presser? IE, "Oh, yes ~ that was Office Max's security person or custodial staff, and we have interviewed them" or whatever?

I would think that type of statement would shift the focal point back onto the five walkers ~ which is what they desired. Since they didn't do that, it leaves me to believe the mysterious figure is the very reason they want to talk with the group of 5 ~ to discover if they noticed him/her and could give any description or further helpful details. 'Course, just moo.

I happen to agree with you. There's a reason they cut the video off where the figure is moving after the 5 walk by and why they want to talk to these people. I hope they can give some information but by watching them walk by it doesn't look like they noticed anyone there. I could be wrong.

Good point. However, it could go either way. LE may be wanting to talk to the other walkers regarding anything else they may have noticed as they continued their journey on foot such as someone possibly lurking closer to Isabel's house or a suspicious vehicle parked nearby.

MOO

But inly you and your family KNOW that your dog won't bark. A stranger would be pretty foolhardy to come in a home with a dog present if he didn't want to be seen or heard.

Personally I don't believe the neighbor's account of the dogs barking or the men outside at 6:30am have anything to do with Isabel's disappearance. It would be daylight and highly unlikely the perpetrator abducted her then, as opposed to during the middle of the night, in darkness, while everyone was asleep.

MOO

I mentioned this in an earlier post of mine. The only way I can see this being about Isa is if the male voices were the dad and uncle and they were staging a scene.

The dogs frantically barking could be that dogs are usually protective of kids and could have sensed something very wrong with Isa, even death. Dogs have a way of knowing something isn't right.

However, if this isn't the time of abduction and someone else did in fact take her, I would assume the perp would do it under the cover of darkness. Not at 6:30 a.m. when they would have no idea if someone would be up in that household, or the neighbors, and when it is now daylight. I know perps can be brazen, even enough to steal a child with many people around and in the blink of an eye, but was this perp that brazen? Perhaps I may be shocked if 6:30 was the time of abduction and someone outside that house is responsible.

I was up until midnight last night watching that video. I saw everything you guys did. I showed my husband this morning and he saw it too.

Originally, my mind was going to the parents - BUT I am changing my mind. I dreamed about this all night. I am NOT psychic, but sometimes when I lose something I dream about it and I get up in the morning and go right to it. In my dream she is alive, she is in the back of a van that has no carpet. Her hands and feet are tied and she is blindfolded. I can only see the backs of the heads of the two men. One driving, one in the passenger seat. The driver has a shaved head and the passenger is a younger man/boy, maybe a teenager (I don't think he is really there of his free will either, but the shaved head man is in control). They are first driving through flat sandy areas (dessert?), then they are driving into mountains. There are trees around and the road is not paved. In the dream they stop several times for food or gas? In my dream it is a straight line they are driving, like with points on it? I dunno, again I am not psychic or anything, but I woke up feeling like I just had to put this out there somewhere - like I was seeing things through her perspective? She might still be alive. I hope so badly she is.

Have we heard that any of the 5 have contacted LE?

Thanks for reading my ramblings.....

I wish the parents would speak again in case she is in a motel and can hear the tv and the voices of her parents speaking to her....

I hope the teenager alerts authorities and this dream has a happy ending.

Can you describe the van? It's color, make and model. Did you see the license plates? Is there a window on the rear door or along the sides where a person could look inside and see Isabel?

After I seen the figure on the video last night, before I posted it here I called the LE and spoke to a detective about it. He was trying to pull the video up while we where on the phone but was having trouble with his computer. He took my name and number for another detective. I have not heard anything else. From what I gather from that detective he had not seen it, but he has seen it now.

Ooops! Makes one wonder if they saw it before or not. LE was a bit evasive when asked about the figure. Then again that's par for the course.

But inly you and your family KNOW that your dog won't bark. A stranger would be pretty foolhardy to come in a home with a dog present if he didn't want to be seen or heard.

Especially when we're talking THREE dogs, and dogs with a reputation for barking. Neighbors heard those dogs bark regularly...what perp would bet that all three dogs would be quiet at night?

A perp who had spent the night? A perp who knew the dogs didn't sleep near Isabel? A perp known to the dogs?

I mentioned this in an earlier post of mine. The only way I can see this being about Isa is if the male voices were the dad and uncle and they were staging a scene.

The dogs frantically barking could be that dogs are usually protective of kids and could have sensed something very wrong with Isa, even death. Dogs have a way of knowing something isn't right.

However, if this isn't the time of abduction and someone else did in fact take her, I would assume the perp would do it under the cover of darkness. Not at 6:30 a.m. when they would have no idea if someone would be up in that household, or the neighbors, and when it is now daylight. I know perps can be brazen, even enough to steal a child with many people around and in the blink of an eye, but was this perp that brazen? Perhaps I may be shocked if 6:30 was the time of abduction and someone outside that house is responsible.
Our neighbor has a small dog who is let outside in the middle of the night (anywhere from 2:00am-4:00am) and barks at anything such as cats maybe walking along the fence; therefore while the dog awakens us, we ignore it for the most part. A stranger lurking around wouldn't know that, however, and may think it's a biting guard dog!

MOO

Right!

In my opinion LE should be all over thise mysterious person issue, I mean what would anyone have to do in a place like that 1:30am???
The lot the mysterious person was at is a bizz area, nothing going on there at 1:30 AM right? or is there some restaurants? club etc in that area that legalize persons beeing in that area?

Any locals know?

BBM

I really think they are. I also think they purposefully didnt mention the mysterous man to see if the public was really going to look closely at the video they put out. I think they found out that many were very observant.

And isnt it interesting they didnt mention the other man or ask for him to come forward? I think they wanted to talk to the other 5 to see if they may have seen him.

In fact has LE released the other video from the other businesses that have cameras? If not, LE could have this person on camera more than just this one time..... maybe getting out of his vehicle elsewhere and then heading toward the direction of Isa's home on foot.

IMO

I'm so depressed. I joined Wedsleuths three years ago when Victoria Stafford went missing. Since then, other than hers, EVERY other case I have followed goes unsolved and the missing person not found. The only thing worse than having your child abducted and murdered is not knowing where your child is. I really hope they find Isabel soon.

Hey TopTop!!! Don't get depressed.... even thought it is really, really, hard not to. :( We have to keep trying. I hold onto hope for all of the missing kids, and I think about Jessie Duggard, Shawn Hornbeck, and Elizabeth Smart! Miracles DO happen!!!! I think about Victoria Stafford often.... she reminded me a lot of my own children, and she was a beautiful child - as are ALL children! I am glad you, and all of our other WebSleuther's are here to keep their memories alive - and in far too many instances, to keep their cases alive. We fight on..... and we have to do this for Isabel at this moment in time. Hugs to you and everyone else who cares enough to be reading this case. Come home Isabel.... a lot of us are praying hard for you.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17901173/tucson-police-provide-update-on-isabel-celis-case

I just watched this PC. Right after 13:30, Ltd. Pacheco says they are close to issuing an amber alert-did I hear that right??

Just watched it specifically for this, and yes he very quickly said they are close to issuing one, which was a response to a follow up question - IIRC, that question was "are you close to issuing an Amber Alert?" BUT, right before that, someone asked about issuing an Amber Alert, which he responded by explaining that specific criteria need to be met before an alert can be issued (i.e. suspect and/or suspect vehicle) and stated that they were not at that point yet.

IMHO, I am starting to think they DO have a lot more information than they are letting on, and just making sure all the pieces fit. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katyb