Bedtimes and blankets

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with you...it looks like you could look in any windows that share the porch. As far as any other windows, I think now. That trailer is raised, ala, the porch...looks pretty high off the grass since there are steps.

but i guess the question, the million dollar question is, Where on the MH is window for the master bedroom? on the porch, probably not, but on the opposite side of the area where the porch is, where there is probably nothing more than grass. IDK just kinda thinking out loud.

but i guess the question, the million dollar question is, Where on the MH is window for the master bedroom? on the porch, probably not, but on the opposite side of the area where the porch is, where there is probably nothing more than grass. IDK just kinda thinking out loud.

As you look at the front porch, the MB window is directly to the left about 6 feet. Since there are easily 5 steps under that ramp which must be climbed to get to the back door, and several steps to the porch. Perhaps a very tall man could look into the window from the ground. At 5'9" I don't believe I'd be able to see into it. In either case, it draws upon serendipity that Misty chose THAT night to take the blanket down, which means someone had to either be sitting in the woods waiting for that possibility, or happened by.....they're OFF the main road, and going past there means you're going to one of only two houses on that lane. The serendipity factor for taking the blankets down and someone just being able to look in doesn't work for me, because you have to imagine all too many things to make it fit.

I stay with the simplest story, Misty's. She took down that blanket because she was suddenly without one, and she had to tell the story the way she has in order to make whatever she told the first person (Ronald) fit into what she tells everyone else:

Haleigh peed her blanket (I believe that; and I also believe she was given an edict to do her 'wifely duties' and clean it up and she hadn't)
Jr needed a blanket and her blanket was "in the van that they took" ........ gone, baby gone. So she had to take down that curtain blanket to put on Jr. She "covers Haleigh with a sheet" and does laundry.

I would love to know where that blanket from the van went. I believe we'll find Haleigh with it.

This is the master bedroom window:

Bedroom.jpg

As you look at the front porch, the MB window is directly to the left about 6 feet. Since there are easily 5 steps under that ramp which must be climbed to get to the back door, and several steps to the porch. Perhaps a very tall man could look into the window from the ground. At 5'9" I don't believe I'd be able to see into it. In either case, it draws upon serendipity that Misty chose THAT night to take the blanket down, which means someone had to either be sitting in the woods waiting for that possibility, or happened by.....they're OFF the main road, and going past there means you're going to one of only two houses on that lane. The serendipity factor for taking the blankets down and someone just being able to look in doesn't work for me, because you have to imagine all too many things to make it fit.

I stay with the simplest story, Misty's. She took down that blanket because she was suddenly without one, and she had to tell the story the way she has in order to make whatever she told the first person (Ronald) fit into what she tells everyone else:

Haleigh peed her blanket (I believe that; and I also believe she was given an edict to do her 'wifely duties' and clean it up and she hadn't)
Jr needed a blanket and her blanket was "in the van that they took" ........ gone, baby gone. So she had to take down that curtain blanket to put on Jr. She "covers Haleigh with a sheet" and does laundry.

I would love to know where that blanket from the van went. I believe we'll find Haleigh with it.

Yep, BBM, that blanket from the van "that they took" has nearly drove me to drinking. Is there a search warrant on the van that maybe, hopefully, lists anything that may have been taken as evidence. I haven't seen one. IMO, I just have the feeling that if, just if, Misty was out and about that night, that the children could have been in the back of the van on the blanket. but, I also think that Haleigh could have been transported in that van and wrapped in the blanket. Then again, maybe it wasn't Misty's blanket that was missing, but Haleigh's blanket and she is wrapped in it. IDK, but all the above is just my opinion and thoughts.

Those MH windows look awfully high for any adult to see in the house. Isn't the MH on a raised foundation? I agree with Lilmomma

Tour around those mobile homes in that area [Tyler St., et al] on Google Maps. I think most [if not all] are elevated and skirted. Usually the skirting is part of the setup pkg when you buy a new m/h around here.

btw - Not sure whose m/h Misty was putting the Haleigh posters on in the photo during 1st week's search, but iirc, that one was raised, too. Can't recall off-hand if Annette's is also raised, but thinking it probably is.

Thanks (again) PaPa. I guess that window is very low to the floor. The one I saw around the back looked high. I am wrong.

LF....why so many MHs? Do people move them. I have never seen one moved. I don't get it.

LF.....that was Annette's house Misty was postering.

As I look at the photo Papa posted of the window of the master bed room I have another question come to mind. That window is facing the front of the house. So it is closest to the screened in porch. If a car or truck pulled up, wouldn't the light be seen in that window? Wouldn't you hear it pull in the drive? If you believe Haleigh was taken out of there that night, the person had to have had a car or truck to take her away in. Kidnappers who would bring the brick didn't carry it there in their arms. So assuming they brought the brick, they drove. So why didn't the light from that window wake Misty if the light from the back side door woke her? We still don't know if that is the window the blanket came from or do we? Ron had to sleep during the daylight time, so that window would need a curtain on it or something to block out the sunlight. I have a feeling the blanket that came from the window is with Haleigh. :(

Misty's blanket story IMO is interesting and possible is a clue that we do not fully understand. Misty tells us that HaLeigh had wet the bed prior to Monday night and her bedding needed to be washed so she washed HaLeigh's blanket and sheets. LE states Misty's stated activities are inconsistent with the physical evidence Found.
My guess is HaLeigh wet the bed again that night or early morning before the abduction occurred.
Wouldn't this explain a few things if we knew for sure.
The inconsistencies with Misty's activities and the evidence found? Misty claims she played with and watched the children,cooked and fed the children, put on movies and put the children to bed and washed blankets and HaLeigh's sheets.
How many inconsistencies can be shown in this sparse account of activities?
I assume that the inconsistencies LE is referring to is the washing of blankets and HaLeigh's sheets.

I also would love to know where they found HaLeigh's Hanna Montana T-shirt. If it was found on the floor by that back door or if it was among the clothes (that where said to be dirty) in the drier. I have speculated that if the shirt was on that laundry room floor that it would of easily been spotted during that morning before Misty and Ron where asked to leave the home.

My point is if HaLeigh wet her bed that night/morning it would explain a lot.
It would explain why the blankets and sheets where used in the manner they where to allow the dogs to get a scent.
It would explain the scent trail followed.
It would explain LE's perceived inconsistencies.
It would explain why they found dirty clothes in the drier.
It would explain why LE had a reason to believe HaLeigh might still be alive.
It would explain why LE feels this is a family member or very close friend that committed this abduction.

I have another question that is O/T from the blanket but it pertains to the picture. If Ron comes home at night, as in 12am or 3am, do you think they left a porch light on for him? Or did he just walk up to a dark enclosed porch area and use his key? If the porch light is usually on, would it cast a light by that window? Just wondering how it looked at night.....

I don't even know which blanket story to believe anymore.

The one spoken about in the LVA or the one Misty keeps telling?

In the LVA Misty states that she washed HaLeigh and her blankets. no mention whatsoever about the van or Misty's blanket being in it.

Then there is the story about the van and her blanket being in "the van they took". (thanks Eneralgem for posting the video the other day)

Ron changed his story.......whisp put up the article that quotes Lt Greenwood stating that Ron told him he came home, and discovered Haleigh gone and woke up Misty.

Then he said that Misty called him but he didn't take the call because he was just pulling up into the yard.

Then he said he saw Misty standing on the porch waiting for him and he thought that odd that she'd be up at that time of the morning.

But pulling into the yard would shine lights directly into the bedroom window without a window covering.

Hi Debs...sorry I had to run off yesterday after I brought up the suggestion that Misty removed the blanket from the window in order to enable someone to see into the MH from that window. I don't buy the "peed on the blanket" story because 1) her story is so convuluted and 2) other family members have said that Haleigh didn't wet her bed. It's possible, but not very likely, IMO.

BTW, do we know for sure which window Misty says she removed the blanket from? I always hear "The Window" and not which specific one. Do we know the reason the blanket was in the window? I assumed either to keep out sun or for privacy, i.e., the bedroom window, but don't know for sure.

Another thought crossed my mind. (I almost hate to bring this up!) Maybe the blanket was removed from the window as a signal. A signal that Misty was going to leave the MH and the kids were in bed asleep, or that some set-up had been completed. This would allow Misty to be ignorant of the details of a kidnapping or who was involved. This would also explain her LDA and voice analysis test results.

Misty may have enabled the situation (for drugs?) to allow someone else to take Haleigh. She may have participated under the belief that the purpose was to scare Ron and that no harm would come to Haleigh and that she would be returned shortly. She may not have realized how huge this situation would become. And she may not know who actually took the child.

Hi Debs...sorry I had to run off yesterday after I brought up the suggestion that Misty removed the blanket from the window in order to enable someone to see into the MH from that window. I don't buy the "peed on the blanket" story because 1) her story is so convuluted and 2) other family members have said that Haleigh didn't wet her bed. It's possible, but not very likely, IMO.

BTW, do we know for sure which window Misty says she removed the blanket from? I always hear "The Window" and not which specific one. Do we know the reason the blanket was in the window? I assumed either to keep out sun or for privacy, i.e., the bedroom window, but don't know for sure.

Another thought crossed my mind. (I almost hate to bring this up!) Maybe the blanket was removed from the window as a signal. A signal that Misty was going to leave the MH and the kids were in bed asleep, or that some set-up had been completed. This would allow Misty to be ignorant of the details of a kidnapping or who was involved. This would also explain her LDA and voice analysis test results.

Misty may have enabled the situation (for drugs?) to allow someone else to take Haleigh. She may have participated under the belief that the purpose was to scare Ron and that no harm would come to Haleigh and that she would be returned shortly. She may not have realized how huge this situation would become. And she may not know who actually took the child.

I like that theory about the signal except for one thing: to see it, you would have to turn down 2 isolated dirt roads that do not have traffic except for Ron and his next-door neighbor [on the far side.]

There's no way to adequately describe or photograph how isolated or private the m/h on Green Lane is. [And it's creepy as all get out down there, imo.]

jmo, jmope

I have another question that is O/T from the blanket but it pertains to the picture. If Ron comes home at night, as in 12am or 3am, do you think they left a porch light on for him? Or did he just walk up to a dark enclosed porch area and use his key? If the porch light is usually on, would it cast a light by that window? Just wondering how it looked at night.....

Bern, in one of the morning show interviews [Teresa and Misty on live remote, foggy morning, Misty wearing a hoodie, and what appear to be almost funeral floral stands in the distance, and they look like they're sitting in a hot air balloon to me, lol] both of them talk about the front door, but I don't recall if they said the porch light is on.

LF....why so many MHs? Do people move them. I have never seen one moved. I don't get it.

Cheaper than a house. Sorry, lemme put on my PC hat here. Less expensive than a built home. A few years ago, one of my relatives bought a new triple-wide for $65k. [crazy, imo, but apparently he likes m/h's.]

Remember, this is an XO (extraordinarily) poor county, and Satsuma is even poorer than the rest of the county. [No, I cannot back this up with a link. Try citydata.com for Satsuma vs. Palatka, CC, Interlachen, etc.]

That particular subdivision may be zoned for mobile homes only, too. [Yes, our zoning does have some areas zoned for m/h only, so that someone doesn't end up with a custom built exec home next door to a bunch of trailers.] See PC Property Appraiser's website.

Bern, in one of the morning show interviews [Teresa and Misty on live remote, foggy morning, Misty wearing a hoodie, and what appear to be almost funeral floral stands in the distance, and they look like they're sitting in a hot air balloon to me, lol] both of them talk about the front door, but I don't recall if they said the porch light is on.

Teresa does, LF..........she gives the excuse that Haleigh wouldn't have gone out the back door at all since the front door opens to a porch with a light on. When I heard that, it was the closest we got to knowing whether that light near the back door in the yard was working.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back