Bedtimes and blankets

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In this video she states she washed Haleigh's blanket and HER blanket.... No mention that HER blanket was in the van they took or that she took a blanket down from the window...3:14 mark

YouTube- Misty Croslin Cummings Voice Stress Test 1

If you notice, she states "I come home" before she starts explaining about the blanket(s). She jumps from going in from the front yard to cook dinner to "I come Home" and the blanket smells like pee.

I couldn’t get the blankets on the ramp out of my head all night.

So I called a L. E. Bloodhound tracking unit in our county. They stated “they would have never used sheets the fabric does not hold scent well and if MC stated she just washed them it would have the least scent of anything in the house. They stated that most of the time they use under garments or socks,

I couldn’t get the blankets on the ramp out of my head all night.

So I called a L. E. Bloodhound tracking unit in our county. They stated “they would have never used sheets the fabric does not hold scent well and if MC stated she just washed them it would have the least scent of anything in the house. They stated that most of the time they use under garments or socks,
Good Morning CN2Souls, I have firmly believed for some time that the dogs where not just tracking HaLeighs scent, but, the abductors as well. The fact that they threw those sheets and blanket on to the ramp is beyond me. I have given alot of thought to this one aspect and IMO the scent trail tells us a whole lot. IMO it reveals a boat and a car was possible used and there was more than one person committing this crime. The scent trail that led to the waters edge is undeniable, but, would make little sence if not necasary KWIM... I would think that getting to the get away car would of been first thing on the abductors mind not to go through the woods to the water and then to the parked car on the road. It is also apparent that who ever was driving did not know the neighborhood that well since they went in a circle before exiting the Hermits Cove neighborhood.

Asti....she spends a lot of time explaining why there's a blanket missing. It is over-explained. Says to me something happened with that blanket "in the van that they took." And it is not LE's van.

Debs, you are absolutely right in that the blanket issue is way over-explained. Cajun made this statement in another thread:

If the blanket was indeed gone off the window all someone had to do was look in the window to see where everyone was sleeping, which Tommy said he was there later that night.

bbm

This statement hit me like a ton of bricks! It suddenly occurred to me that this blanket was removed from the window on purpose, so someone would have better visibility into the MH. The whole "blanket was peed on" story was a contrivance to explain why this blanket was taken down from the window. This makes it pretty clear to me that Misty was involved in a set-up to take Haleigh. She may not have participated in the actual taking because she either left the MH or took drugs and was passed out. Ths big question is who else was involved?

Kamky, are you saying that Misty WANTED someone to look in the windows?

Well, if you're going with the staged abduction scenario, that would fit right in there. Trying to make it seem reasonable that a perp could have looked through the window and seen Haleigh sleeping there.

This is JMO because I don't know what happened to Haleigh.

I think she wanted to allow someone to be able to see into the MH thru that window. I.e., she was an enabler of the abduction.

Possibly as a staging, though, as LFlorida just said.

I think she wanted to allow someone to be able to see into the MH thru that window. I.e., she was an enabler of the abduction.

But to what purpose? If she was assisting in an abduction, well.......she coulda just opened the door, yanno? I believe someone pressured her about "Why is that blanket off the window? Where's the one from the bed? Did you wash Haleigh's pee blanket?"......In order to answer the incriminating question (Where's the blanket from the bed) we heard about ALL of them.

Just FYI - I hate any discussions about blankets [and vans] because I have never been able to get them straight in my mind. (terribly confusing to me)

But for what reason? So they would know Haleigh and Jr. were asleep? I don't follow, sorry.

Do we know which window that blanket came off of? The master bedroom has a window on the wall side that Jr started out on. The bedroom for Haleigh has a window just above her head board low to the bed, and it shows a sheet on it. Of course this is after everyone was in the trailer and cleaning it up for the camera crew. I was inclined to think that the story of washing blankets was in order to have a story of what she did that night, because if she wasn't home, but claimed to be, she had to come up with something she did that night. But the blanket taken from a window is telling as it does allow a person the opportunity to look in, and that may have been her purpose in taking it down, and no one mentioned it. In others words she wanted someone to comment on how a person could have seen into the trailer, depending where the window was. So she doesn't say she put it back up after washing it..... Her blanket was in the van, so did they use this one? Her and Jr? Cause she put Haleigh's back on her after she was asleep. She also said she cover Haleigh and Jr on the couch while they watched a movie.... So who knows at this point.

Sorry to but in, but Kamky, i quoted you on the other thread, but not sure how to bring it here, so i am just going to ask again.. ;)

Does anyone know about how high the windows are on the MH from the ground? (bottom of window to ground) i ask this b/c (not trying to be snarky but curious) the windows in a MH are usually higher than in a concrete home. It being a little harder for someone to actually look into the window, without having something to stand on. (especially someone like myself, who is 5 ft tall, knee high to a duck..lol)

But to what purpose? If she was assisting in an abduction, well.......she coulda just opened the door, yanno? I believe someone pressured her about "Why is that blanket off the window? Where's the one from the bed? Did you wash Haleigh's pee blanket?"......In order to answer the incriminating question (Where's the blanket from the bed) we heard about ALL of them.

We could probably throw this blanket stuff around for 100 pages, debs. I'm with you on the blanket removed from the window. In my mind, that blanket would be taken off the window because it was needed for some reason. Not to allow anyone to look inside.
Misty goes to a lot of trouble to explain away the blanket situation. She needed to somehow work in doing laundry and being busy that evening. But, the big question is why? Why do the blanket figure front and center in her account of what happened that evening?
Just thinking it over, again!

Sorry to but in, but Kamky, i quoted you on the other thread, but not sure how to bring it here, so i am just going to ask again.. ;)

Does anyone know about how high the windows are on the MH from the ground? (bottom of window to ground) i ask this b/c (not trying to be snarky but curious) the windows in a MH are usually higher than in a concrete home. It being a little harder for someone to actually look into the window, without having something to stand on. (especially someone like myself, who is 5 ft tall, knee high to a duck..lol)

Go to the sticky thread, lots of pics of the MH inside and out....

Those MH windows look awfully high for any adult to see in the house. Isn't the MH on a raised foundation? I agree with Lilmomma

The only mobile homes I have seen w/ higher windows than regular homes, were ones on uneven lots. I think the home on Green Ln was a pretty level lot.

But it is raised....so it sits higher because of that skirt, right?

But it is raised....so it sits higher because of that skirt, right?

You're right Whisperer. I used to live in a double wide and it was on perfectly flat land. I couldn't look in my windows from the ground. It was a good 2-3 feet off the ground.

You're right Whisperer. I used to live in a double wide and it was on perfectly flat land. I couldn't look in my windows from the ground.

I don't think all mobile homes are like that, While I have never lived in a mobile home, there are plenty around here and I have been in many. The only one that I couldn't see in the windows from outside (and I am 5') was a doublewide my friend had that had to be jacked up about 5 ft. on one end because the lot was so uneven. Just my own experience.

ETA: There was also a raised front porch at Green Ln. so you could easily see in those windows. From the pics, it looks to me like you could also see easily into the front bedroom window from the ground. moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back