GUILTY Belize - Superintendent Henry Jemmott, shot/body in sea, San Pedro Town, 28 May 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HARTIN AND JEMMOTT AT BOAT

Tomorrow morning, Jasmine Hartin goes back to the Supreme Court with attorney Godfrey Smith to apply for bail. The 32 year old Canadian is accused of the negligent manslaughter of Superintendent Henry Jemmott - and the prosecution has objected to bail, contending that she is a flight risk. So tomorrow, Senior Crown Counsel, Shanice Lovell is expected to present submissions to back up that objection to bail.

The event is expected to be a media circus - attracting the same kind of intense media coverage that presiding Justice Herbert Lord had complained about at last week’s hearing.

And, as we told you last night, that media scrutiny has now ventilated many details of what is believed to be Hartin’s caution statement to police.

The British paper, known as The Mail on Sunday has laid out the entire details of the accident as she told it to police.

In the article, their meeting on the Matarocks pier in San Pedro on May 27th was depicted as, quote, “an innocent reunion with an old friend – one who sought only to protect her.”

But, tonight 7News has video evidence which suggests that the two had been together a week earlier in Belize City - and - according to eyewitnesses - Jasmine Hartin wasn’t acting as if she’d just met with an old friend or protector.

This surveillance video from San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi shows a minivan dropping a woman - sources tell us is Jasmin Hartin - at the water taxi at 5:53 am on May 22nd. The driver - who sources tell us is Jemmott - pulls up - asks an employee when the first boat to San Pedro is leaving. He tells the man in the van, presumably Jemmott - it’s 8:00 am. Hartin exits the minivan and enters the terminal.

She enters and turned to sit on a bench next to the cargo area. Sources tell us that’s where she started crying inconsolably, and she had to be comforted by employees in the area. Sources say she cried for some time after that.

What was the cause for her breakdown is unsure - but the report in the Daily Mail says that she had been at a party in Belmopan and Jemmott had to drive 50 miles to rescue her. When they met in san Pedro one week later, it’s unclear whether the issue that prompted the crying had been ironed out.

ENDS… Log In or Sign Up to View

Hartin’s Hearing Adjourned Until 1:30p.m.

A decision on wheter or not Jasmine Hartin will get bail could come as soon as 1:30 this afternoon.

This after a morning of arguments presented by both the prosecution and defense, in favor of and against the DPP’s previous assertion of Hartin as a flight risk.

The prosecution argued that the accused is both not a national and accused of a serious offense that could likely carry a serious sentence.

While the defense made a 7 point argument which can be summarized by saying that the matter can be chalked down to a management of risk. Attorney Godfrey Smith stated that the burden of proof that Hartin is in fact a flight risk lies with the prosecution. He made arguments against that including her wish to regain her role as primary caretaker to her 4 year old twins coupled with the intense media scrutiny which his client is under. A fact that he says makes it so that her choosing to become an international fugitive for a charge which historically only carries a fine, simply defies logic.

Smith also offered an assertion that preliminary evidence may lead to the incident being chalked up to an accident, another point toward his argument that there is no reason for his client to flee. Log into Facebook

Because sh
Why would she say she accidentally shot him if it was from a passing boat?

Bc she was mistaken right after it happened. Shocked, still drunk, confused in the melee following her arrest. Maybe two shots were fired. One from a boat, the other from the service weapon. It went into his neck but I don’t recall if the bullet was recovered from his body. Anyone remember?
Close range shot wound is different from across the water.
But as a mom, I feel for her and her children. Potentially, he’s turning them against her. And with his position, no telling how this children custody issue will turn out.

Because sh

Bc she was mistaken right after it happened. Shocked, still drunk, confused in the melee following her arrest. Maybe two shots were fired. One from a boat, the other from the service weapon. It went into his neck but I don’t recall if the bullet was recovered from his body. Anyone remember?
Close range shot wound is different from across the water.
But as a mom, I feel for her and her children. Potentially, he’s turning them against her. And with his position, no telling how this children custody issue will turn out.
Since it was explained it was an accident, what is this guy's problem?! His almighty reputation? I thought he would be welcoming her home with open arms.

rbbm.
HUNTER: Canadian socialite barred from seeing kids | Toronto Sun
''Sources have told The Toronto Sun that ever since the incident occurred, the loaded and influential Ashcrofts have moved rapidly to sever their ties with the pretty blond Canadian.''

''She tells them: “Wow! So you’ve been instructed by Andrew to stop me from seeing my children, that’s correct? I won’t, I don’t even want. I won’t do that to my kids, that’s how much I love them, I don’t want them to see that.”

Accompanying the distressed socialite is a woman believed to be her mother.''
''Her mom chimes in: “He lied to my family in Canada. He lied and I’m here representing my family in Canada …. he’s a f—ing liar.”

And then Hartin and her mom walk into the kitchen where she finally confronts her longtime partner, Andrew Ashcroft.''

''What seems clear is that Jasmine Hartin probably shouldn’t expect any comfort or help from the billionaire Ashcrofts.

In fact, they may do everything possible to get her booted from the country — and away from her kids.

This is how the rich operate. She has outlived her usefulness.''
''As for her common-law husband — as flacks for the Ashcrofts are at pains to explain — he reminds me of one of the rich boys on the Titanic, dressing up as a scullery maid.

None of that women and children first nonsense for this chivalrous toff.''

Socialite Jasmine Hartin is arrested AGAIN while reporting to a Belizean police station | Daily Mail Online

"'I'm being detained for something in San Pedro. I'm not sure why,' a stunned Hartin called out to DailyMail.com from behind the front desk.

'This is illegal, I'm being detained illegally right now. I don't know what this charge is. It's an unknown charge from someone in San Pedro. I have no idea why I'm being held.

44645049-9723133-image-a-19_1624571572475.jpg

'I'm being detained for something in San Pedro. I'm not sure why,' a stunned Hartin called out to DailyMail.com from behind the front desk

'All I did was try to collect my personal belongings and see my children. I have obeyed every single court order. I have done absolutely nothing wrong here.'

Video shot by DailyMail.com reveals Hartin begging to know what she had done to breach her $30,000 Belizean dollar bail ($15,000 US).

An officer replies: 'According to San Pedro Police you're detained for common assault.' Asked whom she was accused of assaulting the officer adds: 'I cannot comment.'"

Jasmine Hartin breaks her silence, reveals Henry Jemmott was 'protecting' her | Daily Mail Online

Socialite Jasmine Hartin has broken her silence to reveal to DailyMail.com that she was the victim of an attempted rape just days before she 'accidentally' shot dead a top Belizean police officer.

In her exclusive first interview, Hartin, 32, says she confided in Superintendent Henry Jemmott - a close friend and 'protector' - after she was slammed into a wall and sexually assaulted at a party.

The mother-of-two claims Jemmott urged her to get a firearms license and was showing her how to use his Glock service pistol when it went off unexpectedly in her hands and killed him in the early hours of May 28.

From link, messy indeed!
rbbm.
''Hartin’s mom Candice Castiglione, 66, had flown in from Ontario to support her daughter and was with her when she tried to see her children Tuesday.

She told DailyMail.com she was baffled by the assault accusation as she did not see Hartin push or make contact with security staff.

‘If there was any physical contact you would be able to see it on the videos. Jasmine didn’t push anyone or abuse anyone, she was a lady the whole time,’ she told DailyMail.com.

Castiglione said she desperately wants news about her daughter’s latest incarceration but is afraid to speak to Belizean police.

‘This is all made up. I’m worried they will disappear her,’ she alleged. ‘I’m the only one''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back