Bosma Murder Trial 02.03.16 - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.orilliapacket.com/2016/02/03/tim-bosma-trial-enters-3rd-day

So this is a call from DM's phone, not the Bates phone, at 9:02 to what number in Ancaster? So who was he calling? Has that information been shared yet?

Then at 9:04, 2 minutes later, the Bates phone calls TB's phone.

I think some of the reporting gets confused. In other reports it seems DM called someone at 9:02 pm and that call pinged off a cell tower in Ancaster, revealing his physical location. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-case-how-did-police-zero-in-on-dellen-millard-1.3431969

I find it very interesting that police 'sources' were able to quickly id DM as having the tattoo. So a) he was know to those who move in shady circles, and b) was up to something in Peel. He certainly travelled around a lot.

Well, except for the video that Kavanaugh claimed they had of the Yukon following them as they left Tim's home. I'm still hoping that video will show up in the trial at some point.

Strange that it hasn't been mentioned yet. They seem to have gone from the Bosma home directly to the cellphone being found, skipping that missing link. Like you I hope it shows up at some point.

iirc, its been mentioned that there is a camera located at the intersection of Trinity church and Wilson street, just down the road from the Bosmas, and that an suv was already following the truck at that point.

Yes..and if it has been able to be 100 percent determined that the vehicles in that surveillance video were Tim's truck and the Yukon, then that means that they stopped for it somewhere before then. Which is likely. Because I don't think they walked that far to get to the Bosma residence.

MOO

BBM - Way to go Det. Tselepaiks for getting right on it requesting Tim's cell phone records. Nine minutes was all it took to get TB's phone report. That is incredible. I am thrilled to know LE took this case very seriously from the get go. The information thus far on how LE handled this case from the very start, should give us a sense of pride in our LE. MOO.

Hi Swedie. It actually took 12 hours and 9 minutes to get TB's phone report, but considering the request was made at 1:34 AM, it's still impressive.

There is no evidence of a third person dropping them off. DM lied. See my post #335 above for more info.

On that note, what was the lie they told Igor from Etobicoke about why they didn't have a vehicle with them when they showed up for that test drive?

MOO

Whatever lie they may have told Igor was apparently not convincing as he told police he became suspicious when they walked up to his remote industrial location. http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...contacted-third-man-for-test-drive-police-say

I think some of the reporting gets confused. In other reports it seems DM called someone at 9:02 pm and that call pinged off a cell tower in Ancaster, revealing his physical location. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-case-how-did-police-zero-in-on-dellen-millard-1.3431969

I find it very interesting that police 'sources' were able to quickly id DM as having the tattoo. So a) he was know to those who move in shady circles, and b) was up to something in Peel. He certainly travelled around a lot.

OR c.) he was named by someone who wanted him known to police.

Yes! I'm wondering why it took so long to arrest MS. Maybe they had trouble finding hard evidence to arrest at first?

I think it's likely they were watching him in case he provided evidence, led them to something. DM they had to arrest right away to prevent him from destroying evidence.

A legal question: if there WAS a third person, could they have cut a deal with LE to the extent that no one ever knows they were involved? Seems unlikely to me, but figured I'd ask.

As a general principle, no. You can't cut a deal without telling the defence. That's failure to disclose important information.

Wouldn't that also be considered an accessory to Tims murder if there was a third person as well?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

They'd have to know who it was IMO.

There was obviously someone driving it. I don't believe for one minute it was MS. Why would he go into the Bosmas property, hide his face and keep as far back as possible only to hop out of the truck within barely a km from the home.? It makes no sense to me. It makes more sense to me, to have dropped off DM and stayed tucked in a driveway further up the road ( there are a few that would have had an easy waiting area according to google) and then pulled out as the truck went by.
I agree its strange, but would there not be another person involved and charged in this case then? The below article shows that it was not CN and her involvement was assisting DM on May 9th, which we now heard in the opening statements was her helping DM move the incinerator. So who else could have been driving the Yukon.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...ce-brings-tim-bosma-s-wife-to-tears-1.2606566

It seems pretty clear there was no third party at the test drive. If there was, DM or MS would have rolled on them by now.

I agree its strange, but would there not be another person involved and charged in this case then? The below article shows that it was not CN and her involvement was assisting DM on May 9th, which we now heard in the opening statements was her helping DM move the incinerator. So who else could have been driving the Yukon.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...ce-brings-tim-bosma-s-wife-to-tears-1.2606566

Thats a million dollar question. I have always felt that person(s) unknown are lurking somewhere in this case. It could also explain why DM is in solitary. IMO

It seems pretty clear there was no third party at the test drive. If there was, DM or MS would have rolled on them by now.

That would depend who it is !! DM is staying in solitary for some reason.

I think it's likely they were watching him in case he provided evidence, led them to something. DM they had to arrest right away to prevent him from destroying evidence.

I believe it was a week before DM was arrested. Judging by the testimony today he wasn't in hiding, he was at his office and easily found. IIRC it was MS that was harder to locate and arrest.

I thought it was on his contact card from when he was carded.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/30/stolen-harley-found-on-property-of-accused-tim-bosma-killer

He was definitely moving in shady circles .. one of the stolen items found in the hanger was a HD and trailer, from Toronto. It might not have been himself that stole it, but could have been a thief who fenced it on to him. Or, someone in the know (MS) may have enabled the boost for DM. He certainly already had a truck to get the trailer from TO to Hespeler.

Bike theft in Toronto is an ongoing issue... theft rings get busted, now and then. Intelligence could have well originated from such a source.

JMO, and just sayin'.

perhaps TB was incapacitated shortly after leaving his driveway and one of the other two then drove the SUV

B/c if hes alive there is no way that someone leaving the vehicle so quickly would not raise suspicion

perhaps TB was incapacitated shortly after leaving his driveway and one of the other two then drove the SUV

B/c if hes alive there is no way that someone leaving the vehicle so quickly would not raise suspicion

I can't see how anyone would want to drive many miles with a corpse beside them and blood everywhere. Imagine being pulled over for something and having to explain that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn