Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My head hurts after all of this today.

My takeaways from today's evidence is that DM creates chaos, lives in chaos and LOVES chaos. It's like he's supercharged. How many GF's has got on the go now? We have Jenn still in the picture, CN, LW and maybe Kriss. Just juggling all of this and keeping everybody separated and unknown to each other would be a humongous feat and would take up so much energy. Then his missions, his crew, his Columbians, money problems, real estate dealings, cars, planes, trips etc. etc. Oh yeah, and then he steals a truck and kills a guy without so much as blinking an eye. He uses the chaos he creates to manipulate those around him. All this stuff is going on and he's in the middle of it and my guess is that those around him don't realize that he's the cause.

Psychotic, psychopathic, sociopathic, mentally ill, fried by drugs...whatever; DM is pure evil. To think, DM saw SB, and knew he was going to kill TB and leave this woman to bear the pain of his actions forever is unfathomable to me.

The evidence is only going to get more gut wrenching as we tie up all the loose ends (of which they're aren't that many now). Hold on tight!

I thought I was pretty well in touch with millennial slang (I work with a lot of them and I'm plugged into a lot of online culture/communities), but apparently I am too many steps removed from this particular wanna-be gangster demographic, so it's just gibberish. (But my eyebrows are on fleek.)

Trying so hard to follow the idiot slang these guys are using and seriously just getting disgusted. Even though I have an 18, 17, 15 and 13 yr old in the house, this particular slang was 3+ years ago and may not mean today, what it meant then. Or, it just may not mean to current teens what it meant then to 20+ yr olds. I have no idea. But I'm impressed that your eyebrows are on fleek. ;)

Eyebrows on fleek aside, it's pretty stinking clear both of these creeps knew exactly what was about to go down. I do wonder about MS's bum arm and if his defense is going to make some attempt to throw a reasonable doubt on that. But now that we're getting down to the Crown's cream of the crop for witnesses, I think we're all about to see exactly why the Crown is so certain of the guilt of these two.

moo

Random pointless armchair psych: I don't think MS is a sociopath, and either he had a lot of legit health problems (and God knows he didn't look well), or his stress/guilt manifested as being sick and in "pain" a lot.

Hmm, wonder if "woke up in pain" referred to that arm injury.

RSBM
The details on this should be coming out in the WM trial, and possibly the LB. I believe that MS and DM each owned a gun, based on earlier evidence ... paraphrasing... MS said "DM got the one I wanted" or something to that effect. I would be surprised if WM death wasn't via a 3rd gun, DM could spin that "don't know where WM got that from"

my opinion only.

Just when I'm trying to get over my addiction to this case you've reminded me we will likely all meet again for the other 2. IMO ha ha Lots of cross over information.

My theory to explain the confusion about the gun DM purchased from MWJ is that the Walther was, indeed, the gun that DM used to murder his father. Shot him in the eye with it. However, in order to set up the whole 'suicide' appearance for LE, he then took WM's shotgun, lined up the barrel with the mortal gunshot wound already inflicted by the WPK, and used WM's own hand to ensure the fingerprints found on that weapon were WM's, and fired. The wound inflicted by the shotgun would be larger than that of the .380, I assume. Once the scene is sufficiently staged, DM hides the WPK and anything associated with it, like a shell casing, and dials 911, claiming he arrived home and stumbled upon this tragedy. Sure, LE investigated, and an autopsy even resulted in suicide as the likely COD... but the investigation wasn't officially closed, IIRC. Even back then, someone involved in the investigation sensed something wasn't right. But they didn't have a clue that DM had access to a handgun that he would go on to use in yet another murder just a few months later (and very possibly had already used in a murder a few months prior to WM's death). All MOO, of course.

Thank you for your reply and theories. I have read articles about how often a murder can be disguised as a suicide and that better steps need to be taken in order to be sure. Considering the family's wealth, perhaps the story that DM would have told the police (financial woes due to this new biz venture, alcoholism), and the fact the family had no history of criminality, it would have been easy for police to take everything at face value. Harder to imagine that an ME wouldn't notice discrepancies between the weapon and the injury, but perhaps it is difficult to tell? I know there were reports that the coroner's case wasn't officially closed yet, but I can't imagine that a body could be released to the family for cremation if it was still open? It should be a policy that LE has to check for GSR on the victim, the gun, anyone around at the time, and the person who reports, imo. For your theory to work, the shotgun would also have to have been recently fired and also have GSR on it? Would the ME or police be able to tell the difference between GSR from one gun as opposed to a different gun, or is GSR just all the same? I suppose that even if it is different, there would have to be suspicion before it would even be bothered to be tested though?

Can someone clarify what the "juicing" was about?

Whatever it was.. DM seemed to get a kick out of it. I wonder if that is because of fond memories, or imagining all the misinterpretations that people would be getting, or.. ?

There are plenty of guns for every victim. WM was killed by shotgun, not 9mm.
I think DM may have five fingered the wrong ammo for his own gun. It was good for MS gun though so he tells MS he lifted it for him? MOO

I seem to recall in a much much earlier thread, that I got a new one torn for posting something about the shotgun that killed WM... with people telling me that had never been stated anywhere. I had only said it because to me, guns are all shotguns, I don't know my guns by any means, it was just an unfortunate choice of word. Also, how do we know that DM's gun was a different caliber than MS's gun?

I think the fireworks unfortunately refer to the gun. and the Orange could also mean a shirt/hoodie or the tarp possibly.

Could "orange guy" refer to orange coverall type clothing to make it look they were "workers" of some kind when they thieving this stuff??

Random pointless armchair psych: I don't think MS is a sociopath, and either he had a lot of legit health problems (and God knows he didn't look well), or his stress/guilt manifested as being sick and in "pain" a lot.

As much as MS and DM were so similar in interests, and DM seemed to find someone to share his dark side with, a big difference I've noticed between the two is their demeanour after the killing. BD described MS as agitated, on edge etc in the days following, while DM seemed to carry on as if nothing happened. Now in court, from what I've read, MS seems to keep his head down, very quiet, while DM is smiling, laughing it up, and waving like he's the queen of England.

Both bad dudes, but I think only one is a sociopath.

I was wondering how much help MS would have been that night, in participating in all of the cleanup/coverup activities, with his arm being that bad that it was painful, 'came out' (I'm assuming this means disjointed somehow), and required surgery. I imagine the two had to bust their butts to get a lot done within a short time on that fateful night, like hooking up the trailer to TB's truck, cleaning the truck, ripping out the carpet, removing the front seats/console, somehow lifting the body into the incinerator opening, building a bonfire, moving the seats again, and probably lots I'm not thinking about off the top of my head. I'm sure whatever kind of injury/condition he had would not have precluded him from pulling a trigger, but the other stuff seems like it might require more physical effort... even the driving. moo. I was also wondering if his moral compass was getting his physical body all f'd up.

I was wondering how much help MS would have been that night, in participating in all of the cleanup/coverup activities, with his arm being that bad that it was painful, 'came out' (I'm assuming this means disjointed somehow), and required surgery. I imagine the two had to bust their butts to get a lot done within a short time on that fateful night, like hooking up the trailer to TB's truck, cleaning the truck, ripping out the carpet, removing the front seats/console, somehow lifting the body into the incinerator opening, building a bonfire, moving the seats again, and probably lots I'm not thinking about off the top of my head. I'm sure whatever kind of injury/condition he had would not have precluded him from pulling a trigger, but the other stuff seems like it might require more physical effort... even the driving. moo. I was also wondering if his moral compass was getting his physical body all f'd up.

They almost certainly did not burn the seats the first night. Looks like it happened Wednesday morning based on the evidence.

I seem to recall in a much much earlier thread, that I got a new one torn for posting something about the shotgun that killed WM... with people telling me that had never been stated anywhere. I had only said it because to me, guns are all shotguns, I don't know my guns by any means, it was just an unfortunate choice of word. Also, how do we know that DM's gun was a different caliber than MS's gun?

I have heard it so often I thought it was common knowledge. It sounded strange to me that someone would commit suicide with a shotgun too but I knew someone who did with a rifle so I became a believer.

Can someone clarify what the "juicing" was about?

Juice. Its mention is odd and I'm unsure how important it really is, but apparently MS at some point was called juice:

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Jury has heard #Smich goes by nickname "Juice." He wants to get off cigarettes "Id rather have a headache for the rest of my life..."

but other tweets suggest substance abuse:

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Messages between Millard and Mark Smich suggest Smich had some substance abuse issues, which he refers to as "juicing" #Bosma

and yet another tweet says juicing hurts YOUR stomach, YOUR chin, MY ankle???
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7m7 minutes ago
Convo with email "Yes You May" talking about liking to "juice" tho it "hurts your stomach, it hurts your chin, it hurts my ankle..." #Bosma

the urban dictionary #1 suggestion of "juice" is street cred. "juiced" is pumped up. But it can mean anything really. drinking, excited, on roids, something sexual, etc etc...Given the context it seems like its drug related and especially so if MS was at one time nick-named juice.

They almost certainly did not burn the seats the first night. Looks like it happened Wednesday morning based on the evidence.

Well even so.. the type of injury/condition MS seems to be referring to in his texts is probably not the type of thing that goes away in a day. But yes, for reference sake, all of that stuff didn't happen on that fateful night..... except..... the seats, weren't they removed that night, because DM had told SS that he had driven TB's truck without seats by sitting on a bucket?

Well even so.. the type of injury/condition MS seems to be referring to in his texts is probably not the type of thing that goes away in a day. But yes, for reference sake, all of that stuff didn't happen on that fateful night..... except..... the seats, weren't they removed that night, because DM had told SS that he had driven TB's truck without seats by sitting on a bucket?

SS didn't see the truck until Wednesday morning.

Today's text evidence suggests DM had plenty of time to text to Whidden that fateful night.

I'm not convinced by the evidence so far that MS had a major injury.

SS didn't see the truck until Wednesday morning.

Today's text evidence suggests DM had plenty of time to text to Whidden that fateful night.

I'm not convinced MS had a major injury.

Yes, it could have been his plan on how to get a script for medicinal marijuana.. not sure if it is any less expensive if purchased on a prescription or the old fashioned way though? There does seem to be an awful lot of mention though, of him being 'off'.

Yes, it could have been his plan on how to get a script for medicinal marijuana.. not sure if it is any less expensive if purchased on a prescription or the old fashioned way though? There does seem to be an awful lot of mention though, of him being 'off'.

Yes, indeed. I expect (or hope) we will hear some evidence on the topic because it's curious.

On May 3, Smich sent these messages in succession to Millard:

• "Can marlena reach and chill with pedo while we do our thing?"
  • (Sends photos of a log bench, some tree stump stools, and sausages in a frying pan.)
  • "Can u bring me gloves and tape and maybe an orange guy?"

It sounds like Smich was expecting to run a mission that night? And what's an orange guy? Could it be MDMA pills?

And regarding the "fireworks" messages from Smich, do you think he was referring to shooting a gun? Or do you think he was just mixed up about when the May long weekend was?

I followed 4 Tweeters today and didn't see the one about the orange guy. Where did you pick that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214