Bosma Murder Trial 04.21.16 - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

She told Smich that he should go to the police, but he said he didn't because he "wanted to go to his sister's wedding."
by Adam Carter 12:18 PM

He had many days to go to police. Giving a statement doesn't mean he would miss his sister's wedding, if he really did nothing wrong. IMO, he knew once LE knew about him he wouldn't be released from custody.

Smich told her he got rid of the gun, she says. "He told me that he wrapped it in duct tape and buried it somewhere ... he said somewhere in a forest. He wouldn't tell me which one."
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

Before that, Smich said he planned to sell the gun, and she told him that was a "dumb plan."
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

Smich's sister yelled at him at one point about the gun, telling him not to sell it, she says.
by Adam Carter 12:23 PM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"I didn't want to know. I was with the guy. I didn't want to know anything." Meneses

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Crown asks what do u do when u learn this?MM; "nothing. I shld have. I regret it.I could have stopped so much. I shld have gone to police.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
"No I never asked" Smich why #Bosma was shot, killed, burned. "I didn't want to know. I was with the guy. I didn't want to know anything."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Meneses: I never asked. I didn't want to know. I was with the guy. I didn't want to know anything. #Bosma

She never asked Smich where this happened. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Meneses never asked #Smich where it happened.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
She never asked Smich where it happened. Dell shot him, they both burned him, she was told by Smich.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Crown: They burned him, Dell shot him? M: Yes #Bosma

Fraser: so what he told you in so many words was they burned him, Dell shot him?
"Yes" she says. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Meneses says she never asked why Bosma was shot, killed and burned "I didn't want to knw"

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Crown: Did Mark get rid of that gun? M: Yes Crown: How? M: He told me he wrapped it in duct tape and buried it somewhere... in a forest

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Fraser: did Mark get rid of that gun?
Meneses; yes. He told me he wrapped it in duct tape and buried it somewhere...in the forest. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
Meneses, did Mark get rid of that gun? Yes. He told me he wrapped it in duct tape and buried it somewhere in the forest.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Mark got rid of the gun. "He told me he wrapped it in duct tape and buried it somewhere. He said somewhere in the forest."

She asked him which forest but he wouldn't tell her. #Bosma

Meneses said he didn't say which forest #Bosma

He wouldn't tell me which one (forest).

Smich got rid of the gun she says. He wrapped it in duct tape and buried it "somewhere in a forest." #TimBosma

This girl is different than the rest of DM's circle. It doesn't even feel like she was truly in his circle...simply tolerated because she was MS' girlfriend. She was involved with the wrong guy. She had the morals and ethics to know that stealing a truck was wrong. She had enough self-esteem and/or smarts to separate herself from MS when he was arrested. AND she actually watched the news and knew about Tim Bosma's case. Think about that...she was the only one of DM's group that indicated she knew about TB. MOO

As a parent, we all worry about our kids getting off a safe path. I'm sensing that MM, for all the reasons we've discussed in the past, was smitten with MS and went in the wrong direction for a multitude of reasons but...when it came to crunch time...she made the right decisions. DEFINITELY MOO!

MM may have been the only one to ask DM about the having an animal incinerator, but no animals. His other friends may have been suspicious, but she actually asked. She was very young at the time. JMO

This is Smich's sister Andrea. She was very upset, Meneses says. The gun was at his mother's place, and the sister wanted it out.
by Adam Carter 12:24 PM

Smich was responding with, "yeah, I know, I know," she says.
by Adam Carter 12:25 PM

By this point, she knew "significant things," Meneses says. She attempted to have Smich to go the police.
by Adam Carter 12:26 PM

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Meneses tells the court Smich was going to sell the gun, before he buried it #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
MM; " I didn't want to know. I was w the guy. I didn't want to know anything.i told him to go to police. He wanted to go to his sis wedding"

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Fraser asks how else he tried to get rid of that gun. "He was going to sell it...I thought it was stupid. I thought it was a dumb plan."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
#Smich first tried to sell the gun. Meneses says "I thought it was stupid. It was a dumb plan. If it was used why would you sell to so else?

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Meneses said it was a stupid plan, a dumb plan #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
HE wouldn't tell her which forest. At first tried to sell it. She said "it was stupid. A dumb plan. If it was used for something why...

"If it was used for something why would you try to sell it to someone else," she says. She said that to him. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Before that he was going to sell it. "I thought it was stupid. 8if it was used for something why would you sell it to someone else?" #Bosma

She says she doesn't know anything about his attempts to sell it. #Bosma

...would you try to sell it to someone else?" #bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
Mm; "mark wanted to sell the gun. He wrapped it in duct tape and buried it in the woods. He wouldn't tell me where." @AM900CHML

Fraser asks if she was present for a conversation with his sister Andrea. Meneses says yes. It was at the Speers Rd apt. #Bosma

"It was just Andrea yelling at him. Calling him stupid. Saying don't sell it," she remembers. #Bosma

She was present for talk btwn Smich &his sister Andrea. "Andrea yelling at him basically. Calling him stupid. Like why would you sell it?"

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
MM asked smich why he would sell something that was used in something like that. His sister also yelled at him" @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
Meneses believes gun was at #Smich mom's house -- his sister Andrea was yelling at him about it

Fraser asks if Andrea said anything about the gun being present at his mom's house. Meneses says yes. #Bosma

Smich's sister knew the gun was in their mothers home in Oakville.#TimBosma

On one hand I agree with you, on the other this girl was dating a guy that didn't treat her well, was involved in major crimes and she referred to him as "My Loser Boyfriend", yet she stays with him and even plans on marrying him. She may be acting like a smart cookie now but IMO she aint the brightest light on the block.

It's true that dating MS wasn't a very good decision, however, she was also still in her teen years when all of this happened. I think almost everyone has made poor decisions when they were teens. They started dating before she was even out of highschool.

She says they talked about it every day up until he was arrested. "You need to come clean, you need to go to the police because there's a family out there with a missing father and that's not fair ... you need to give this family the proper closure."
by Adam Carter 12:27 PM

"There was nothing preventing you from doing that?" Fraser says. "No," she responds. "I wish I did. I was stupid. I should have. I really should have."
by Adam Carter 12:27 PM

Meneses is dabbing her eyes in the witness box now.
by Adam Carter 12:28 PM

She was present for the conversation about the gun, she says. #Bosma

Meneses tells court about fight between Smich and Smich's sister about the gun. Sister is upset, yelling. #Bosma

There was discussion about the gun being at Montrose, she agrees. #Bosma

Meneses believed the gun was at Smich's mom's house #Bosma

Andrea #Smich was upset and yelling about gun, wanted it out of Montrose Abbey home.

"That he needs to get it out of the house," she recalls her yelling. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute agoAndrea is upset, yelling. Her belief gun was at Smich house. Andrea wanted it out. "He needs to get it out of the house." #bosma
Yet another person who doesn't know to call the police.... geez :yuck:

This girl is different than the rest of DM's circle. It doesn't even feel like she was truly in his circle...simply tolerated because she was MS' girlfriend. She was involved with the wrong guy. She had the morals and ethics to know that stealing a truck was wrong. She had enough self-esteem and/or smarts to separate herself from MS when he was arrested. AND she actually watched the news and knew about Tim Bosma's case. Think about that...she was the only one of DM's group that indicated she knew about TB. MOO

As a parent, we all worry about our kids getting off a safe path. I'm sensing that MM, for all the reasons we've discussed in the past, was smitten with MS and went in the wrong direction for a multitude of reasons but...when it came to crunch time...she made the right decisions. DEFINITELY MOO!

Yes, I agree. But MM also texted her sister from the wedding "we're next"....

Andrea is upset, yelling. Her belief gun was at Smich house. Andrea wanted it out. "He needs to get it out of the house." #bosma

She understood "it" to be the gun. #Bosma

Sister said he 'needs to get IT out of the house' She believed the IT was the gun #Bosma

Meneses said Smich was saying, 'yeah I know' #Bosma

#Smich was saying to sister, "yeah I know, I know."

She says Smich was saying "yeah I know, I know." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
MM says the gun was at smichs mothers home. His sister freaked out. Said it had to go. Smich says "yeah, I know" @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Smich's sister wanted the gun out of the house, Smich was saying "yeah I know, I know" the sister was yelling #TimBosma

Mark was saying "Yeah, I know, I know." She knows by this time that #Bosma was murdered, Dell under arrest and that Smich was involved.

She knows about the #Bosma case at this point, Fraser establishes again. Yes. She knew Millard was arrested. Had been told things by Smich.

Fraser: are you able to help us with ongoing discussions. Was this an everyday topic up until Smich was arrested?
Meneses; yes it was.

She knew about #TimBosma , she knew about the gun, each day she tries to convince Smich to come clean.

Court now seeing surveillance photos of her and Smich before his arrest. She's crying in the witness box.
by Adam Carter 12:29 PM

She's holding a phone in one of these pictures. She says Smich got rid of that phone.
by Adam Carter 12:30 PM

Millard was paying the bill for that phone, so once he was arrested the phone was cancelled. She says she thinks he kept the phone in a box at home.
by Adam Carter 12:31 PM

The photos we're seeing are from May 14.
by Adam Carter 12:32 PM

Meneses said she told #Smich to go to police because "there's a family out there, it's not fair, they need proper closure."

She said "you can come clean, you can go to the police, there's a family out there with a missing father and there's not fair." #Bosma

Meneses said she repeatedly told Smich that 'he needs to come clean, there's a family out there with a missing father' #Bosma

"You need to give this family the proper closure." #Bosma

She tried to get Smich to go to police. They talked about it every day.

"There's a family out there with a missing father, you need to come clean. It's not fair" she told him. #TimBosma

Crown: Why didn't YOU go to the police? M: I don't know. I should've. I was stupid, I really, really should've. #Bosma

Of course there wasn't anything preventing you from going to police, crown says. "I was stupid. I really really should have."

Fraser suggests there was nothing stopping her from doing so. She agrees. "I was stupid. I should have. I really really should have." #Bosma

"You need to come clean. You need to go to police. There's a family out there with a missing father and that's not fair."

Meneses acknowledged she didn't go to the police either. "I should have," she said. #TimBosma

"You need to go to police and have proper closure." She didn't tell police because "I was really, really stupid. I should have."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321