Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzm1 said:
What the Ramseys did, or didn't do, didn't hold a candle to the complete botching of this case by the Boulder PD, and D.A.'s office. Complete myopia on their part. A case like this has me believing that I had better lawyer up if anything of this nature ever befalls me.
God forbid if I was ever in their shoes, but I would have a lawyer, no doubt, and i also would not let my lawyers make all my decisions for me - i would have the good sense and humility to cooperate with LE, advice from my lawyer be dam*ed, I would cooperate!

imho

tybee204 said:
I just feel had they fully cooperated this crime had a better chance of being solved a long time ago. In their stall tactics to protect themselves, trails and leads to an intruder may have ran cold.

i agree...the stall tactics only kept the suspicion on the R's, imo....they were their own worst enemy...

The JBR case is unlike any other, and I think committed by a perp. that is unlike any other. This was my original point and I stand by this. The unreasonable accusation and prosecution of the victims family was and is reprehensible.

Most of this was done by those who were convinced the Rams were guilty.

Tomorrow the “latest news 8/23” will be about the prime suspect John Mark Karr.

And the base accusations against the Rams will be far and few between.

californiacarrie said:
It's still the 22ond for some of us ;)
I know it's the22nd here. I was just tryning to be cute.

I'm not convinced the Ramseys are guilty not am I sold on Karr as being the perp. Infact I have huge doubts Karr is the perp but if the evidence fits him I will be the first to jump on that boat.

islanders said:
The JBR case is unlike any other, and I think committed by a perp. that is unlike any other. This was my original point and I stand by this. The unreasonable accusation and prosecution of the victims family was and is reprehensible.

Most of this was done by those who were convinced the Rams were guilty.

Tomorrow the “latest news 8/22” will be about the prime suspect John Mark Karr.

And the base accusations against the Rams will be far and few between.
I have heard the police were not allowed by the DA to get access to the Ramsey phone records in their investigation...and that they had to get the go ahead from the Ramsey's to get access, and they were denied this by them.

Why would the Ramsey's deny them delving into those records?

If the above info is wrong...wouldn't mind being corrected.

Thai eyes new teacher checks after Karr's arrest http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);
The arrest of an American teacher for the alleged murder of a child beauty queen has driven Thailand to draw up new plans for hiring foreign teachers.

John Mark Karr, arrested in Bangkok last week in connection with the grisly 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey, had worked briefly at two schools in Thailand and had just been hired for a new job teaching 7 and 8-year-olds.

He will appear before an American court for the first time today when he goes before a judge and decides whether to fight extradition to Boulder, Colorado, where he is alleged to have killed JonBenet.

http://english.people.com.cn/200608/23/eng20060823_296003.html

californiacarrie said:
sorry, i ruined it :(
lol no you didn't. Do you listen to KFI? John and Ken said today their breaking news was that there was no breaking news about John Karr in over 20 minutes. That's what i was thinking of when I posted that.
The coverage on this case has been so over the top.

SleuthingSleuth said:
I have heard the police were not allowed by the DA to get access to the Ramsey phone records in their investigation...and that they had to get the go ahead from the Ramsey's to get access, and they were denied this by them.

can't remember, there's been so many areas where the Ramsey's stonewalled LE...it took a little over a year before they even turned over the clothes they were wearing that night... :rolleyes:

Nope, no KFI for me, but I am in agreement about the "over the top" bit. Still, when there's nothing else going on here I get sucked in!

tybee204 said:
I'm not convinced the Ramseys are guilty not am I sold on Karr as being the perp. Infact I have huge doubts Karr is the perp but if the evidence fits him I will be the first to jump on that boat.

if they can place Karr in Boulder xmas 96, with a DNA match, i'll be convinced that the R's had nothing to do with JBR's death...until then, nope...

We've learned some interesting things today and I hope for more tidbits to come our way tomorrow. I see we have several new posters on site which is always a very good thing.

Wish I had a little nightcap so I could cool my bleary eyes after all the reading I've done.

Hey Bean - we West Coasters still have an hour to go! Think I'll curl up in bed and watch LKL. I still can't believe after 3 years the Rams had not been told by LE if JonBenet had been sexually abused.

I keep vasilating back and forth, he's just delusional, to then, he killed her :banghead: But I know that if John has been paying attention to the news he has noticed some things that talk loudly. For one thing he knows what Patsy did with JonBenet when she tucked her in - read her a story?

Scandi

SleuthingSleuth said:

They avoided prosecution because they didn’t want to be charged with the murder of their daughter when they knew they were innocent. Not because they thought they were above the law and had a murder to hide.

The Rams did it dont' add up then or now.

They had to defend themselves against unresonable prosecution.

That’s my assessment.

tybee204 said:
I had a missing child. I would have taken a polygraph nekkid in the middle of time square on New Years if it would have gotten LE to look for my child.

i didn't know that tybee, but i agree...most 'normal' folks would do the same, imo....especially early on...it's normal for LE to suspect a family member...my gawd, surely the R's weren't stupid enough to not know that....within the first 24/48 hours, it's imperative to cooperate fully, IMO....do whatever you need to do to help LE rule you out as a suspect.....

I am not sure of JMK's involvement in the murder, but I would not be surprised if he knew about it through the underground pedo world, of which I, thankfully, am blissfully unaware of how to find.

The thing about the bedtime story doesn't fit with the facts, as we "know" them. However, if he WAS hiding under the bed, he could have heard Patsy in a little prayer over a sleeping JonBenet. I would think that is entirely in the realm of possibilities. OR he heard this story second-hand from another pedo who thought it was a bedtime story.

When my children fall asleep before our nightly ritual, I will go ahead and repeat it to them over their sleeping bodies anyway.

Perhaps that is what was "heard".

Again IF that is even what happened.

islanders said:
They avoided prosecution because they didn’t want to be charged with the murder of their daughter when they knew they were innocent. Not because they thought they were above the law and had a murder to hide.

The Rams did it dont' add up then or now.

They had to defend themselves against unresonable prosecution.

That’s my assessment.
Well in my opinion it wasnt about them. It was about the shattered body in the basement of their house. Their job was to do what ever was necessary to help find who killed their child Their job IMO wasnt to cover their *advertiser censored*'s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
420xtal