Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
close_enough said:
i didn't know that tybee, but i agree...most 'normal' folks would do the same, imo....especially early on...it's normal for LE to suspect a family member...my gawd, surely the R's weren't stupid enough to not know that....within the first 24/48 hours, it's imperative to cooperate fully, IMO....do whatever you need to do to help LE rule you out as a suspect.....
If the attitude of the police is "we need to clear you as part of routine", then I would cooperate.

If their attitude was "we think you did it, and we're just going to dig into your past until we find enough evidence to charge you", then I'd lawyer up.

You'd have to be downright dumb to cooperate without legal advice if the cops consider you an active suspect.

julia said:
His kids names are Seven Exodus, John jr. and Damon. WEIRD.

That is strange. I wonder if Seven is separate from Exodus, as in Exodus Chapter 7, which deals with Moses and Aaron appealing to Pharaoh to "Let my people go" as commanded by God. It goes as far as God turning the waters to blood.

If Seven is separate from Exodus, Seven is the number of completeness and is used throughout the Bible. Exodus, of course, is the story of the Israelites leaving the bondage of Egypt, wandering in the desert for 40 years, being supplied Manna by the Lord, and ultimately arriving to the land of Milk and Honey.

tybee204 said:
Islander
I know many many parents who would give everything they have if LE would come in to their homes and tear their lives apart, hook them up to lie detectors, comb over every financial record, phone record and get the media to talk and speculate about their family. If that is the sacrifice required they would take it in a minute to get LE to investigate their cases, search for their missing children, they would offer it 10 fold. Hand deliver it to LE with flowers and chocolate.

i would be one of those parents...i also know many that would do the same thing....something that i found completely amazing was the fact that JR was trying to set up his private jet to take the family to Atlanta, on the SAME day his daughter was found dead in their basement....my gawd, there's no way the R's could say they were being 'railroaded' by LE, at THAT time....completely understandable that an investigator told him he needed to put that trip on hold....it just about makes me sick, when i think about that :sick:

tybee204 said:
Well in my opinion it wasnt about them. It was about the shattered body in the basement of their house. Their job was to do what ever was necessary to help find who killed their child Their job IMO wasnt to cover their *advertiser censored*'s.

AMEN!

Hi Close_Enough,

The times have changed in the last 10 years.

Back then we didn't have all these media news shows for one thing, and they have been so effective in teaching Americans about crime and what to do, keep missing children and those murdered out there visually, to keep the tips coming in. We didn't have the Amber alert then.

I somehow think Elizabeth Smarts case was a wake up slap in the face for all Americans, and then Laci helped further the cause.

And we are so much more aware of what to do and not to do and why because we study on a crime forum diligently. The majority of Americans don't.

Thank goodness. The times, they are a changin'!

Scandi

Lurker Steve said:
If the attitude of the police is "we need to clear you as part of routine", then I would cooperate.

If their attitude was "we think you did it, and we're just going to dig into your past until we find enough evidence to charge you", then I'd lawyer up.

You'd have to be downright dumb to cooperate without legal advice if the cops consider you an active suspect.

in all cases of child abduction/child molesting, etc...the parents/family members are the FIRST to be suspected, as it should be....

As an aside... remember 1996 was the year that Richard Jewel was all but tried, convicted, and sentenced for the Olympic bombings.

islanders said:
They avoided prosecution because they didn’t want to be charged with the murder of their daughter when they knew they were innocent. Not because they thought they were above the law and had a murder to hide.

The Rams did it dont' add up then or now.

They had to defend themselves against unresonable prosecution.

That’s my assessment.
What was unreasonable about the police examining the phone records? That's customary in a murder investigation, I'd say.

scandi said:
Hi Close_Enough,

The times have changed in the last 10 years.

Back then we didn't have all these media news shows for one thing, and they have been so effective in teaching Americans about crime and what to do, keep missing children and those murdered out there visually, to keep the tips coming in. We didn't have the Amber alert then.

I somehow think Elizabeth Smarts case was a wake up slap in the face for all Americans, and then Laci helped further the cause.

And we are so much more aware of what to do and not to do and why because we study on a crime forum diligently. The majority of Americans don't.

Thank goodness. The times, they are a changin'!

Scandi

hi Scandi :)

yep, a lot has changed....i think, for the most part, parents put aside their paranoia of LE, when it comes to their child missing...thank goodness there's still folks out there that will cooperate with LE...

Lurker Steve said:
As an aside... remember 1996 was the year that Richard Jewel was all but tried, convicted, and sentenced for the Olympic bombings.

he was given some kind of award here recently...

Shelayne said:
I am not sure of JMK's involvement in the murder, but I would not be surprised if he knew about it through the underground pedo world, of which I, thankfully, am blissfully unaware of how to find.

The thing about the bedtime story doesn't fit with the facts, as we "know" them. However, if he WAS hiding under the bed, he could have heard Patsy in a little prayer over a sleeping JonBenet. I would think that is entirely in the realm of possibilities. OR he heard this story second-hand from another pedo who thought it was a bedtime story.

When my children fall asleep before our nightly ritual, I will go ahead and repeat it to them over their sleeping bodies anyway.

Perhaps that is what was "heard".

Again IF that is even what happened.

what bedtime story??

close_enough said:
what bedtime story??
According to Karr's "old story", which I suspect he may stick with...while he was hiding under the bed he said he could hear I believe Patsy reading to JonBenet.

According to the parents' "official" story, neither of them read to her...(although it was believed John had said he had read to her originally and then later denied it).

close_enough said:
i would be one of those parents...i also know many that would do the same thing....something that i found completely amazing was the fact that JR was trying to set up his private jet to take the family to Atlanta, on the SAME day his daughter was found dead in their basement....my gawd, there's no way the R's could say they were being 'railroaded' by LE, at THAT time....completely understandable that an investigator told him he needed to put that trip on hold....it just about makes me sick, when i think about that :sick:
Not only the same day but within an hour of her body being found.

narlacat said:
Yeah...that's quite a reaction to a family member's murder. He seemed unaware the police would want him to stick around.

narlacat said:

exactly narla!!...what would be in a person's mind to make them want to leave the state during something like that???..."aaah, ok...my daughter has just been found in my own home, brutally murdered, soooo i think i'm going to set up a flight to take my family out of state today" :rolleyes:

SleuthingSleuth said:
According to Karr's "old story", which I suspect he may stick with...while he was hiding under the bed he said he could hear I believe Patsy reading to JonBenet.

According to the parents' "official" story, neither of them read to her...(although it was believed John had said he had read to her originally and then later denied it).

aahhh ok....i hadn't heard this, thanks!

that's right...JR originally said he read to JBR, but then later said he didn't, & of course PR isn't here to change her story now..i believe Karr has his 'story' all screwed up, from reading at different crime sites, relating to the case....i think he's talking about hiding under a bed, from where he saw pictures of the house...(the crime scene photos)..there's a picture of a bed...i believe it was a guest bedroom, where the dust ruffle/bottom of the bedspread is tucked under, as to make it look like someone scooted underneath the bed....i would bet that's where he's coming up with "hiding under a bed"......

close_enough said:
aahhh ok....i hadn't heard this, thanks!

that's right...JR originally said he read to JBR, but then later said he didn't, & of course PR isn't here to change her story now..i believe Karr has his 'story' all screwed up, from reading at different crime sites, relating to the case....i think he's talking about hiding under a bed, from where he saw pictures of the house...(the crime scene photos)..there's a picture of a bed...i believe it was a guest bedroom, where the dust ruffle/bottom of the bedspread is tucked under, as to make it look like someone scooted underneath the bed....i would bet that's where he's coming up with "hiding under a bed"......
Exactly...according to him, that was the bed he hid under. John Andrews bedroom/guest bedroom.

Jonbenet did have an extra bed in her room...but I'd say you'd be right and Karr worked off of the picture of the "disturbed dust ruffle bed" everyone has seen...and chose accordingly in his story.

and do you know who i feel sorry for mark klass because this nut job draged his murdered daughter into this whole mess and its sad and i dont know if JMK killed JB but if he didnt do it then why is he saying he did? and IMO he should of kept polly out of this and if he killed JB i say good case sloved now Justice can be done for little JB and if he didnt do it then why is he saying he killed her?

So JR changed his story about reading to JB also? and he changed his story about whether he secured the doors or not--plus he's getting ready to take off in a plane--tsk tsk

Peter Hamilton said:
So JR changed his story about reading to JB also? and he changed his story about whether he secured the doors or not--plus he's getting ready to take off in a plane--tsk tsk

In a plane? he is?

he could, when there are suggestions he may leave the country, just be thinking of Canada or south of Tijuana, couldn't he? many countries to choose from in central or south america.

or was a plane mentioned?

i do wonder where he would be likely to head for if he did leave the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55