CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the gun laws in the world will not stop anyone from obtaining a firearm if they want one. So many weapons are bought illegally now on the streets, from gang members, from gun runners or someone who buys a firearm legally to give to a felon or ex-felon etc.

An all time record on gun sales in the US just happened this Black Friday-2015. The more these mass shootings happen the more citizens will buy firearms and get CWPs.

But we are going off topic quick here so before I get my hand spanked I am going to drop this subject. Right now it is all about the victims who have been killed and those who are wounded.

IMO
It is not off topic to state the gun laws in CA. I responded to a post about how strict the gun law are in CA. I live here. It is not ALL about the victims and the wounded. We wouldn't be here today, if some crazy people didn't shoot and kill at least 14 people, with guns! I am not debating gun laws, just stating the facts. If you have a problem with my post, please contact a Mod instead of telling me what I can and can't post. Thank you.

I heard the KTLA reporter talking about the 'lead' that is rumored by some of the locals. He said that someone was at the gathering in the conference room, got into a dispute, and left. Then some say that it was him who came back, but with 2 others, all in black, and wearing masks. And it was said earlier that the man who got into the dispute is from Redlands---and that is where they are executing a search warrant on a home now. So ? It makes the most sense out of anythig else so far, imo

What is mind boggling to me is if this is true he went and got two people that willingly helped him kill all of these people and wounded more. How in the heck does anyone talk someone else into helping them do something this heinous? Not just one person but two people?

IMO

I wish the press conference would just start. I am so annoyed listening to random "experts" and whatnot speculating on CNN and other news places.

I just don't see how that makes sense. A seemingly random argument that then escalates to what looks like a well-planned attack?

I also have a difficult time believing that two other people willingly went along with a major attack just because one friend/family member was pissed off at a coworker. It's a huge stretch to imagine even one other person would tag along for what would be a death sentence (in prison for life or killed on scene) and it's just unfathomable that TWO people would agree and take an active role.

However, they do say reality is stranger than fiction. It's just very difficult to believe.

I heard independently about the search warrant being served in Redlands at a home where one of the suspects lived. So, Katy's report from KTLA makes sense to me.

The story about this being a disgruntled employee who left the party and came back would make sense...if this was a lone person. Someone planned this ahead time and went to see if certain people were there or had this stuff just in case something happened. Multiple people is really strange. It could be people with a serious grudge against the Health department but again, multiple people mad enough to kill?

As for terrorism...there are better targets with more people they could hit if the point was high body count. It seems like this was a deliberate Target but I just can't figure out why.

I keep hearing and reading (not here!) that we fail to call certain mass shooters "terrorists" because of some racial, ethnic or religious bias. But that's got nothing to do with it. Motivation and intent are at the heart of terrorism.

And terrorism is defined in federal law in the US:

Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

So, people don't wait to apply the term "terrorism" to make sure the perpetrators aren't of a certain racial, ethnic or religious class, but because the motivation and intent needs to be discerned. I know everyone here probably already knows this but so many people in various places, including on TV news, don't seem to understand that "terrorism" is an actual "thing".

Not that words themselves are important in the face of such tragedies but we really don't need to inject divisive rhetoric into these horrific events.

It is not off topic to state the gun laws in CA. I responded to a post about how strict the gun law are in CA. I live here. It is not ALL about the victims and the wounded. We wouldn't be here today, if some crazy people didn't shoot and kill at least 14 people, with guns! I am not debating gun laws, just stating the facts. If you have a problem with my post, please contact a Mod instead of telling me what I can and can't post. Thank you.

I am so sorry Angel. I did not mean to offend you in any way and I am truly sorry that I did. I have just seen in past cases several times where the Mods will come in and warn us about taking threads like this off topic by talking about gun laws/control or whatever. That's all I meant. I do agree that anyone can get a weapon if they are hell bent on doing so no matter who it is or whether it is illegal or legal to obtain.

Again, I apologize but you really took my post the wrong way and I never meant anything other than we usually get reprimanded when we start talking about anti/gun or pro-gun stances from either side.

I wont mention it again.

How would they get ready so quickly. Pipe bombs, weapons etc. convince others to participate? I dunno

Pipebomb is still speculation, yes? And sadly, probably not a whole lot of prep is required to go home, gather up buds & an arsenal. They went after totally defenseless and unaware people...not a whole lot of prep required, and not a whole lot taken if they didn't even manage a getaway.

Ah. The picture is getting clearer. Acting on tip, ended up at residence in Redlands. Followed SUV when it left. Ended up in shoot out in SB. Dead male, dead female.

Geez, they're really hitting close to home for me today. When my sister coded after a Grand Mal seizure, she was airlifted to Loma Linda University Medical Center where some of the wounded have been taken. I am heartbroken......... It's not that a shooting in an area I am unfamiliar with is any less heartbreaking; it's just gutting when it's your "home turf". Going through this twice in two weeks is painful.

Dead, one male, one female, followed from house in Redlands.

3rd suspect seen running from shoot out is currently being detained.

The dispute theory could make sense if it's a long running dispute involving multiple people, or gang related. Just speculating. It's all confusing.

They DO have a third person detained, they DO NOT know if the person was involved.

Someone did leave the holiday party/meeting, there was a dispute. They still don't know if it's related to the shooting.

So there was a dispute at the party and someone left but they don't know if that is who came back. Interesting.

The story about this being a disgruntled employee who left the party and came back would make sense...if this was a lone person. Someone planned this ahead time and went to see if certain people were there or had this stuff just in case something happened. Multiple people is really strange. It could be people with a serious grudge against the Health department but again, multiple people mad enough to kill?

As for terrorism...there are better targets with more people they could hit if the point was high body count. It seems like this was a deliberate Target but I just can't figure out why.

Yeh I am with you , i think pissed off employees or a family wherein the "system" did something they felt was wrong

but it cant be like you just go whip up some pipe bombs -- so there would I think have to be planning

there was a fight at the office party today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member