CA and GA too "Fragile" for Depo?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think their appearance at Casey's hearing yesterday was good for JM and getting their civil case deposition going. It was fairly obvious, atleast to me, that they were not fragile or severely depressed enough to get out of the upcoming deposition, and I will be very surprised if this is not used in the next hearing to determine their psychological status.

I think their appearance at Casey's hearing yesterday was good for JM and getting their civil case deposition going. It was fairly obvious, atleast to me, that they were not fragile or severely depressed enough to get out of the upcoming deposition, and I will be very surprised if this is not used in the next hearing to determine their psychological status.

ITA Add the fact that they refused to clear the room after several requests from LE. Fragile/vulnerable or assertive/arrogant ? I vote the latter.

I hope this does not sound crass.........I have dealt with a death of a child as I have said here before.

I cannot wrap my head around how good the A's looked at court yesterday....have only seen one picture...I don't get how they even can care how they look in public..who cares if your clothes match...who cares how you look for the media....you should be broken by now with all of this.........BROKEN.....you don't give a frigging crap how you look.....you are dealing with the death of your grandchild and the possible death of your daughter and you go in looking like you just stepped out of a beauty shop????
Maybe I should just delete this post....I just do not understand and mods please understand where i am coming from...I am not trying to be ugly here but I wish somebody could explain it to me cause I sure as heck don't get it.

I have wondered the same.

I'm concerned that judging their state of mind by their appearance might not be very accurate. I know I've read about people, who earlier in the day, had been happy and well-groomed and went home and committed suicide. While it seems like it should be a good indicator I don't think that, alone, is reliable.

Or maybe he was just doing his job. What a concept.

I am sure the media was trying their best to get a statement out of either parent and BC was going to be ready to speak for them.

If he really is a criminal defence lawyer, his job is to appear on behalf of and/or advise persons charged with or suspected of having committed a criminal offence. Yesterday was not part of his job...it was about him wanting his 15 minutes. He is probably pretty upset that people have lost interest and the media aren't taking his calls, asking him to appear or showing up at his pressers anymore.

BC very obviously doesn't have any other clients. Has anyone ever heard of him actually representing someone in Court? How does he find the time to hang out with the As and KFN?

The media trying to get a statement from the As????...I didn't see that. Frankly, I don't think anyone much cares what they have to say anymore, until they give evidence. No one wants to hear their lies anymore.

I'm concerned that judging their state of mind by their appearance might not be very accurate. I know I've read about people, who earlier in the day, had been happy and well-groomed and went home and committed suicide. While it seems like it should be a good indicator I don't think that, alone, is reliable.

But at some point, demeanor and appearance must be used to gauge whether someone is in the "special grief" fragile state that their attorney insists they are in. All those things weigh into it, and not just the fact that they're on prescription medication. They appear to be fine, conducted themselves in public in an acceptable manner, they dressed well and were well groomed, each of them having recently received a haircut. That means they're able to take care of themselves even in their special grief. Their own attorney stopped them in the hall yesterday in order to answer questions from the media for them, while they stood there and endured the lights of the cameras. They smiled and nodded at appropriate times to the quips BC made. They were mindful of the cameras on them and made sideways glances to see if they were still there.

Their appearance, then, is VERY important.

This isn't about suicide, it's about grief. I have lost more than one loved one, and I can assure you that when I was in my deepest grief, getting myself presentable was near impossible. I am blown away that anyone could think they were genuinely grieving, when the very night they find out Caylee's remains were found, they were out having a fancy dinner with many others in a top hotel. I couldn't even go get myself take out food....had to ask others to go out for me. In fact, I assume that is why it has become traditional for people to bring food to the homes of people who have lost loved ones.

But at some point, demeanor and appearance must be used to gauge whether someone is in the "special grief" fragile state that their attorney insists they are in. All those things weigh into it, and not just the fact that they're on prescription medication. They appear to be fine, conducted themselves in public in an acceptable manner, they dressed well and were well groomed, each of them having recently received a haircut. That means they're able to take care of themselves even in their special grief. Their own attorney stopped them in the hall yesterday in order to answer questions from the media for them, while they stood there and endured the lights of the cameras. They smiled and nodded at appropriate times to the quips BC made. They were mindful of the cameras on them and made sideways glances to see if they were still there.

Their appearance, then, is VERY important.

"While it seems like it should be a good indicator I don't think that, alone, is reliable."

We agree; I should have bolded my original.

Under normal circumstances you may be right, but the Anthony's are using their grief to get out of answering questions in a deposition...that is why their appearance, state of mind is being discussed.

This isn't about suicide, it's about grief. I have lost more than one loved one, and I can assure you that when I was in my deepest grief, getting myself presentable was near impossible. I am blown away that anyone could think they were genuinely grieving, when the very night they find out Caylee's remains were found, they were out having a fancy dinner with many others in a top hotel. I couldn't even go get myself take out food....had to ask others to go out for me. In fact, I assume that is why it has become traditional for people to bring food to the homes of people who have lost loved ones.

Suicide and grief both go to state of mind. I'm sorry for your losses and I am like you ~ I felt more like hiding than getting all "made up." But all I was saying in my OP was that their "appearance" alone is not a reliable indicator.

ITA Add the fact that they refused to clear the room after several requests from LE. Fragile/vulnerable or assertive/arrogant ? I vote the latter.
I agree, assertive and arrogant times three. I wonder if that had been George there by himself, no Cindy, if he would have cleared the room right away...seems when he is with Cindy he falls in line...so to speak. I like George without Cindy much better.

Under normal circumstances you may be right, but the Anthony's are using their grief to get out of answering questions in a deposition...that is why their appearance, state of mind is being discussed.

Please see my post at #58. I think that's what they're trying to do, too. I think that 5 years from now (or forever) that they will still be in the same state they are now. This is not a good excuse to delay making ZG "whole" again. But I was trying to point out that there are fragile people who still appear normal ~ and even go to a stylist.

Suicide and grief both go to state of mind. I'm sorry for your losses and I am like you ~ I felt more like hiding than getting all "made up." But all I was saying in my OP was that their "appearance" alone is not a reliable indicator.

I think most suicidal people are clinically depressed/mentally ill. People grieving are depressed, but depressed by the situation they find themselves in, and not mentally ill/suffering from clinical depression, as being sad is a normal response to losing a loved one.

I think their appearance yesterday actually is a pretty good indicator....not only were they dressed well (where do they get the money for all these new duds?), but appeared quite well, strong, confident, challenging others etc. If they were in the shape he claims they are in, why did he put then on camera when he's arguing that them being on camera causes them so much stress? BC even made some stupid comment about flu season being over and the As are feeling good....it's not like he got them excused cause they had the flu, so what was that about? Is he saying they were depressed cause it was flu season, not because of Caylee?

I agree, assertive and arrogant times three. I wonder if that had been George there by himself, no Cindy, if he would have cleared the room right away...seems when he is with Cindy he falls in line...so to speak. I like George without Cindy much better.

He would have been the LEO's new best friend.

Please see my post at #58. I think that's what they're trying to do, too. I think that 5 years from now (or forever) that they will still be in the same state they are now. This is not a good excuse to delay making ZG "whole" again. But I was trying to point out that there are fragile people who still appear normal ~ and even go to a stylist.
I agree in that it is hard to make a judgement about mental status based on appearance alone.

Is there a video that shows the A's after the hearing was over and of them leaving the court room? I guess I have missed it...sure would like to see it if anyone can direct me please?
TIA always.

He would have been the LEO's new best friend.
Exactly, he probably would have even sat on the opposite side of the courtroom. I wonder what the scene will look like by the time trial rolls around, relationship between Cindy and George. For all we know they could be sitting on different sides of the courtroom.

Exactly, he probably would have even sat on the opposite side of the courtroom. I wonder what the scene will look like by the time trial rolls around, relationship between Cindy and George. For all we know they could be sitting on different sides of the courtroom.

I have always thought from the very beginning that they should have had separate lawyers.

Is there a video that shows the A's after the hearing was over and of them leaving the court room? I guess I have missed it...sure would like to see it if anyone can direct me please?
TIA always.

This is the only one I've seen, but I haven't really looked hard for anymore....it's got BC getting his 15 minutes with the As behind him....thankfully the press don't give him 15 minutes anymore and he's only on for like 20 seconds!

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/18838875/index.html

I have always thought from the very beginning that they should have had separate lawyers.

Me too! And him also representing DC was just ridiculous. Do we know if anyone has reported him to the Bar Association? His lies are beyond ridiculous.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back