CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bryce was in his car when it rolled/tumbled/whatever it did and wandered away from the crash looking for help (going towards lights, trying to find civilization for help, etc.) and got lost or even got picked up by a truck driver (which I don't think he would have done unless he intentionally intended to disappear) I am having a hard time believing he wouldn't have been able to figure out how to notify someone by now. I do not think he is wandering around with amnesia or a major head injury confused and wanting to get home; I just do not believe the evidence supports that theory.

I don't either, and with his behavior beforehand, breaking up with girlfriend, acting 'weird' in others' opinion, I think there was a plan.

I imagine the LE responders were spread out a bit, as not to bunch up at the particular spot...once they ascertained no one was in the vehicle

3 miles in a 1/2 hour? That's a 10 minute mile, which I wouldn't call leisurely at all, but maybe I'm just getting old.

No kidding! Granted I have muscle issues but I walk about 1 to 1.5 miles/hour. I know that's really slow, but it's what I can do. It makes it hard to estimate how far a healthy 19 year old, possibly running on adrenaline due to an accident, could go in an hour.

found this - also has observations of the general area that morning

August 30, 2013 (50 Species)

Weather: Partly cloudy; 77F to 93F; wind WSW 2 mph.

Time: 0721-1115 hrs

snipped
http://avconline.avc.edu/cyorke/fieldnotes/castaiclagoonlake.html#aug30

thank you :) i just logged in to post that very thing! he notes that the campgrounds were mostly empty. perhaps someone could track him down to see if he noticed anything unusual. might have caught something unintended on his camera.

I think I'm caught up again, and I noticed something interesting about the car pictures. I don't know what the other side looks like, but if it rolled completely over, that's one heck of a roof and hood on that car. The front window is mostly intact, which means there was no real impact on the front roof, so it looks it might have been a side drop and flip, not a true rollover. The front tires are working on bald, so there was little to no grip with those. The back tires have tread, but they are just street tires and would have no purchase in that terrain. I can easily see that size vehicle rolling down the hill and brakes being of little use, the tires would just slide if there was enough momentum. I'm not talking lots of speed, but enough downhill weight to keep the car from stopping. It still looks like the lower rear quarter panel hit first (the fold over the wheel well makes me think that-there is no reason for the fold if it just landed on it's side), but the picture doesn't show the front.

The back window could easily have been broken when it hit on the passenger side.

The part that confuses me is on the back hatch. There is a severe indent about 6 inches down from the top spoiler. It doesn't match up to any marks on the side. I can't figure out how that could happen.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Bryce was in the driver's seat when the car went down, he hit his head (probably several times) on the driver's side window. (I've done that more times than I want to admit). I'm also not convinced anyone was inside when it went down. If Bryce stepped out to "check the tires" and it wasn't in park, well, I think of the time my father forgot to put one of the cars in park, and it rolled backwards down the hill in front of our house....

Great observations. It also occurred to me that some of the damage (i.e. the indent down from the top spoiler) could possibly be from another time. Or, maybe from a bent frame. From the freeway accident hubby and I had recently, there was a bizarre dent on the opposite side of where we hit that he later figured out was due to the entire back-end of the car being pushed over a bit. I also had bruises that didn't make any sense in terms of where they were located, but as I mentioned before I got into this sort of surreal "zone" while we were crashing... the only thing we can think of is that I hit things in the car that I didn't even realize I hit. I'm nearly certain I didn't hit my head on the window, but the bruise on my head and subsequent neck pain suggest otherwise. Large bruise on my left leg suggests I hit the center console or I was holding on so dang tight that I bruised myself. And this was on relatively flat terrain, though at high speed. I can imagine Bryce might've gotten much worse injuries, and also injuries he didn't even notice right away while he was still partially in shock. I know this may not be relevant anymore, but to me it goes to his mindset and possible injuries.

^ no- observations re the area around the lagoon

eta imo I doubt that time of morning anyone down around the lagoon lake was even aware of what had/was transpiring at upper lake

No kidding! Granted I have muscle issues but I walk about 1 to 1.5 miles/hour. I know that's really slow, but it's what I can do. It makes it hard to estimate how far a healthy 19 year old, possibly running on adrenaline due to an accident, could go in an hour.

I use to walk 3 miles in one hour when I went to high school. Of course, that was in high heels, too, which I doubt Bryce was wearing. LOL

This case is so frustrating. I can't imagine how much more frustrating it is for Bryce's family.

May today be the day Bryce is found.

I'm still wondering if the CHP officer, who conducted the Wellness Check/Drug search in Buttonwillow, noticed any external damage to BL's SUV?

And same for Christian, the roadside service man who delivered gas to BL at the Buttonwillow rest area.

I'd like to be able to rule out that BL didn't intentionally crash the SUV at Castaic Lake in order to cover up something else that happened to the SUV at an earlier time.

OK guys and gals, its Fridayyyy. That means I need to get this Buttonwillow trip all setup ASAP!!

If you are a local or are willing to travel down to Santa Clarita to be part of the investigation in Buttonwillow, please message me on here. If you are a lurker and not a member you can message me on Facebook, last name is "Fastovsky" and my display picture is a poster that says "FIND BRYCE LASPISA" so you can't miss me.

I need 3 people and someone with a sedan since I have a huge 4x4 gas guzzler.

We will be going to Buttonwillow to follow the route Bryce took the day of the accident and question people in the surrounding area.

We have permission from the family to do such questioning.

I know someone here said they had a sedan and willing to travel from Bakersfield to go, please message me if you can.

This trip will either be tomorrow or Sunday, when you email or message me let me know what day is better for you.

Let's go find us a lead!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

OK guys and gals, its Fridayyyy. That means I need to get this Buttonwillow trip all setup ASAP!!

If you are a local or are willing to travel down to Santa Clarita to be part of the investigation in Buttonwillow, please message me on here. If you are a lurker and not a member you can message me on Facebook, last name is "Fastovsky" and my display picture is a poster that says "FIND BRYCE LASPISA" so you can't miss me.

We will be going to Buttonwillow to follow the route Bryce took the day of the accident and question people in the surrounding area.

I know someone here said they had a sedan and willing to travel from Bakersfield to go, please message me if you can.

This trip will either be tomorrow or Sunday, when you email or message me let me know what day is better for you.

as i said before, i think its great that you are doing this Amanda. wish i could be there too. please keep an open mind in how you approach the search and questioning of people. i know what drag has said about his drug use but personally i believe this is a bit naive and does a disservice to the attempts to locate Bryce. whether he smoked just one time or more or did other drugs it doesn't make him a bad person. i'd be talking to anyone i could and if you find anyone that remembers seeing him, ask if he was talking to himself, seemed paranoid - just trying to find a clue as to his state of mind. thanks for going out there!

God Bless you all!

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics