Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the locals posted on the Memorial page that SJ has a 72 hr parking rule AND there is a neighbourhood watch.

Perhaps parking rules were disbanded due to the electrical grid issues? IDK. I searched for any notice of street parking rules over the past week and couldn't find anything.

It will be curious to see how long EV was in the location where she was found and what the dash cam footage reveals that was turned over to the SJPD.

How exactly are 72 hour parking rules enforced though really? My neighborhood supposedly has a maximum number of days that a car can be parked and I have seen it enforced at times, because a roommates broken down car was towed from the side of the street after he didnt move it after X nimber of days. But I also have a neighbor with a similarly broken down car that has been parked for 3+ monthe in the same spot. I'm just curious how anyone can engorce when a car was first parked, unless someone notices it and calls the police. Especially with an understaffed police dept...

How exactly are 72 hour parking rules enforced though really? My neighborhood supposedly has a maximum number of days that a car can be parked and I have seen it enforced at times, because a roommates broken down car was towed from the side of the street after he didnt move it after X nimber of days. But I also have a neighbor with a similarly broken down car that has been parked for 3+ monthe in the same spot. I'm just curious how anyone can engorce when a car was first parked, unless someone notices it and calls the police. Especially with an understaffed police dept...
I agree its tough and it seems like a lot of the enforcement happens via direct reporting.

It also seems like part of this ordinance relates to people in mobile homes, trailers and trucks moving in and essentially living on the streets of SJ (its not just SJ as the issue exists throughout the Bay Area it seems). But depending on where you live the parking is a huge issue.

Just ran across some stories from Berkeley (other side of Bay) where the situation in certain neighbourhoods is awful and neighbours have cams set up to protect their parking spots. Looks to be a messy situation. Not sure how active Alamaden neighbours patrol their streets or if they do call SJPD.

But my guess is that due to the electrical grid situation over the past week that even if someone did call that its unlikely that the call was checked into. I do hope a full investigation happens to see if perhaps a neighbour or neighbourhood watch person did report the EV SUV.

That's quite different from previous reports. Didn't her family (and a friend) talk to her on and off for hours throughout the evening, with the last contact being close to midnight?

Wasn't it reported earlier that the last ping was in the same area where she was found?

IMO, AFAIK, the last ping was near where her car was found.

I agree its tough and it seems like a lot of the enforcement happens via direct reporting.

It also seems like part of this ordinance relates to people in mobile homes, trailers and trucks moving in and essentially living on the streets of SJ (its not just SJ as the issue exists throughout the Bay Area it seems). But depending on where you live the parking is a huge issue.

Just ran across some stories from Berkeley (other side of Bay) where the situation in certain neighbourhoods is awful and neighbours have cams set up to protect their parking spots. Looks to be a messy situation. Not sure how active Alamaden neighbours patrol their streets or if they do call SJPD.

But my guess is that due to the electrical grid situation over the past week that even if someone did call that its unlikely that the call was checked into. I do hope a full investigation happens to see if perhaps a neighbour or neighbourhood watch person did report the EV SUV.

I am a new user here but used to live in the neighborhood she was found, and now live not far from there. That street is actually a very big, wide and well traveled street. The Almaden area is a quiet area. Street parking there is not a problem, there is plenty of parking so people don't call code enforcement to report vehicles possibly abandoned or parked longer than 72 hours. What happens in more parking impacted areas, is we have to call code enforcement to report an abandoned vehicle, then they come out, place a sticker on the car that it has to be moved and it if is still not moved they ticket, then tow away. Its a process!

She was driving a nicer vehicle so it did not look out of place. Would easily go unnoticed. Like I said its a quiet area, very little crime. Also our police force is severely impacted here, there are regularly robberies, theft and home invasions that get very little help from the police. They just don't have the time or manpower. I can see how they were very unresponsive to her mother's phone call. We have called for various types of crimes or needs for assistance for domestic disputes etc and they take HOURS to show up, if at all.

Basically just wanted to say her car being parked there and not noticed is totally normal for that area and the lack of police assistance is also, unfortunately, normal for our area.

Also one other thing to add is MANY people that live here have doorbell cameras, dash cams and other security cameras because package theft, vehicle break ins and home break ins are rampant in this area, so I think that will be helpful! (I know one person gave their doorbell or dash cam footage)

Also one other thing to add is MANY people that live here have doorbell cameras, dash cams and other security cameras because package theft, vehicle break ins and home break ins are rampant in this area, so I think that will be helpful! (I know one person gave their doorbell or dash cam footage)[/QUOTE
Reports state police have her rental car and dash cam in HER rental that car in the area since Thursday.

I have this gut feeling that tox results will not be released to the public if the family finds out she ingested something illegally. I think all news will go quiet like the Sheryl Powell case. We never did find out if there was a man attacking women there. I would not be surprised if these seminars put pressure on their participants to take their supplements. I once attended a conference and they showed a video of the founder of Yahoo told a room full of educators to throw all the money in their wallets into a basket and to throw all their change on the floor. My group,except for me and one other did this. I was laughing too hard at the stupidity of it all. When we left, I asked why would any one do that? My highly educated colleague said that they felt like we were in a dream and everyone else was doing it! Weird peer pressure I guess and we were up very late the night before laughing and talking. IMO MOO

OCT 14, 2019
Family believes body found in San Jose is their tech CEO daughter
  • It was a family friend of EV's parents who discovered the car parked at the curb Saturday afternoon and identified the body inside as Erin. The body was found in the back seat.
  • Joe and Whitey Valenti said their last conversation with EV was last Monday afternoon, shortly before she was due to catch her flight back home.
  • The family said they traced the last ping from her cell phone to an area near the airport. However, her gray Nissan rental car was found about 13 miles away.
  • Video from a doorbell surveillance camera has been given to police and may help to explain how she got to South Almaden.
  • The family said it took from Tuesday until late Thursday before police issued a missing persons report. During that time, the Valenti's were worried that she might have had a medical or a mental health issue.
  • EV had told her mother that thecar was low on fuel and that she would be going to a gas station. They could not reach her on her cell phone later that evening after she missed her return flight home.
  • They had praise for San Jose police and fire personnel who responded when the rental car was discovered.
  • Shards of window glass on the pavement are evidence that they had to break into the parked car.
  • A San Jose Police spokesperson said no one was available to discuss the case Monday and that there was no new information to share.

i thought her last phone ping was close to where she was found, not the airport.

The funding issues in SF/Silicon Value for infrastructure and key govt services is complex and I don't want to derail the thread. I've attached a few articles below to give some idea of how complicated these issues are an how many of the corporations seem almost 'disconnected' from the towns/cities in which they legally reside (see Apple article below).

Based on what we have heard from the family and the fact that basic information about EV being missing was not even disseminated within SJ City Govt agencies (no FB, webpage or Twitter that I could find) and she was found 2 blocks from SJ Fire House, IMO I don't believe that SJPD handing of this EV tragedy has much of anything to do with anything other than ineptitude. SJ Police funding or lack thereof is a sideshow but real issue but the fundamental issue most likely was absence of leadership within SJPD combined with the absolute chaos caused by the situation with the electrical grid over the past week.

The NYT article below explains the nature of the chaos and how the utility website was down and so many people and govt weren't able to get basic information about power availability. The public safety issues associated with the rolling blackouts were enormous and if leadership and planning weren't prepared then it becomes easier to see how someone that didn't make their flight might have simply have never made the list of priorities over the past week.

What happened to EV seems to have been an avoidable tragedy and I hope the press stay on top of the story and that some investigation occurs in SJ to figure out what happened in terms of the response from SJPD.

Wired and WSJ have been following the issue of tech corporate taxes, government lack of funding for infrastructure etc. for years so search there to get more details. But here are few articles to give you a general flavour of the situation.

No More Deals: San Francisco Considers Raising Taxes on Tech
Cupertino's mayor urges Apple to pay more tax: 'Where's the fairness?'
‘This Did Not Go Well’: Inside PG&E’s Blackout Control Room
California’s Power Outages Are About Wildfires—But Also Money
California Wildfires: How PG&E Ignored Risks in Favor of Profits

thanks for this. state much more eloquently. natives arent thrilled with tech. tech transplants aren't connecting to the community. and the city hasn't fixed the infrastructure at all and just has dollar signs in their eyes.

One of the locals posted on the Memorial page that SJ has a 72 hr parking rule AND there is a neighbourhood watch.

Perhaps parking rules were disbanded due to the electrical grid issues? IDK. I searched for any notice of street parking rules over the past week and couldn't find anything.

It will be curious to see how long EV was in the location where she was found and what the dash cam footage reveals that was turned over to the SJPD.

that neighborhood they would not vigilantly patrol unless it was an old car and someone complained. my son wrecked his car and it was parked in front of my house for months before we got a notice to remove it. the "rule" is city wide in residential areas but not closely monitored.

“Remembered as one who was creative and spontaneous, S said Valenti had a new idea each minute and was willing to execute half of them.

That’s the way S and P want to remember her.“

Friends and colleagues in shock after Utah CEO found dead in California

<modsnip>

Agree. Perhaps warning signs were missed or interpreted as high-energy creativity when they were really something else. But again, it leads nowhere regarding why/how she actually died, only credence to an organic or chemical mania that maybe was not completely out of character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Dr. Sanjay Gupta a well known medical correspondent on CNN? I also remember that the medical drama TV series Monday Mornings was based on his book. I guess he's multi-talented and very business-oriented, but I never had the feeling that he was involved in something shady. I don't believe EV's trouble was connected to the workshop she attended.

They infer Gupta is part of their nonsense. But actually, they said “such as Sanjay Gupta”, which doesn’t definitively mean he was involved. Just someone like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member