Found Deceased CA - Heather Gumina Waters, 33, Pleasant Valley, 17 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What are the possibilities regarding how her car got there?

1. She drives out there alone, parks the car in a hidden location off the highway, and walks somewhere.
  2. She drives out there alone, car breaks down, bad guy gets her.
  3. She drives out there with someone else in another car, leaves her car there, and leaves in the other car.
  4. Something happens to her elsewhere and Person 1 drives her car out there. Requires an accomplice, Person 2, to drive Person 1 back. Unless Person 1 hitchhiked or... brought a bicycle and rode the 26 miles back...
  5. ???

What are the possibilities regarding how her car got there?

1. She drives out there alone, parks the car in a hidden location off the highway, and walks somewhere.
  2. She drives out there alone, car breaks down, bad guy gets her.
  3. She drives out there with someone else in another car, leaves her car there, and leaves in the other car.
  4. Something happens to her elsewhere and Person 1 drives her car out there. Requires an accomplice, Person 2, to drive Person 1 back. Unless Person 1 hitchhiked or... brought a bicycle and rode the 26 miles back...
  5. ???

Carjacking? Either leaving the car on foot or in the vehicle of an accomplice. So basically involuntary variations on #1 and #3.

Also, without knowing the location/circumstances of where the car was located, I don't feel we can rule out the idea that she is still with/near/hidden in the car. An example might be if the car was found submerged in a lake which has not yet been searched.

Carjacking? Either leaving the car on foot or in the vehicle of an accomplice. So basically involuntary variations on #1 and #3.

Also, without knowing the location/circumstances of where the car was located, I don't feel we can rule out the idea that she is still with/near/hidden in the car. An example might be if the car was found submerged in a lake which has not yet been searched.
I doubt they would not mention it was submerged if it had been. If you look 26 miles east of Pleasant Valley on Google Maps, on the street view you can see dirt roads branching off the highway. I suspect the car was down one of those a bit not visible from the highway or they would have found it sooner. Taking so many weeks to find it suggests it was intentionally hidden rather than it was broken down and disabled on the shoulder.

I'm under the impression that sheriffs departments are generally not where you find the brightest disappearance/homicide detectives, so that concerns me, because some clever sleuthing might well be required in this case.

Last edited:
I doubt they would not mention it was submerged if it had been. If you look 26 miles east of Pleasant Valley on Google Maps, on the street view you can see dirt roads branching off the highway. I suspect the car was down one of those a bit not visible from the highway or they would have found it sooner. Taking so many weeks to find it suggests it was intentionally hidden rather than it was broken down and disabled on the shoulder.

I'm under the impression that sheriffs departments are generally not where you find the brightest disappearance/homicide detectives, so that concerns me, because some clever sleuthing might well be required in this case.
Thanks for the map, gives us perspective. If you were looking for a missing person, that's a lot of wooded area to search. I see now why LE said they need more information as to where to start looking.

Ouch. These detectives are very good, and I'm not saying that from a biased point of view. We have some of the brightest here I've ever worked with. Just cause they haven't publicized what they're doing and what's been found doesn't mean they're "not bright".

Ouch. These detectives are very good, and I'm not saying that from a biased point of view. We have some of the brightest here I've ever worked with. Just cause they haven't publicized what they're doing and what's been found doesn't mean they're "not bright".

I get where you're coming from, you see the other side of the picture from a LE point of view. But posters are going to have opinions and perceptions about how LE is performing their investigation, no big deal.

Can you speak to anything on the direction this investigation is heading? Do you feel Heather is voluntarily missing?

From what I have found I am almost 98% sure what happened. It will only take the PD some minor digging to bring up a ton of red flags. Bad people are out there...I run all background checks for my company, as I sniffed out a potential embezzler based partially on instinct...the other part is of course being able to get any info I want via many means. Programmers find ways.

I get where you're coming from, you see the other side of the picture from a LE point of view. But posters are going to have opinions and perceptions about how LE is performing their investigation, no big deal.

Can you speak to anything on the direction this investigation is heading? Do you feel Heather is voluntarily missing?

I do not believe that, no.

IMO she knew this person and he was a drug addict with a history - he'll have a hard time evading authorities' questioning while in that state of mind--but I think pressure should be put on as soon as possible. This place was most likely well-known to him. Go back to the source.

An article by the Daily Mail
Husband of missing mom Heather Gumina says he has nothing to do with her disappearance | Daily Mail Online

On August 9, her distinctive black and pink 2005 Infiniti G45 car was found by police.

Police would not disclose exactly where the car was found but a local source claimed the vehicle was discovered on the remote Mormon Emigrant Trail close to a ravine. The vehicle is currently undergoing forensic testing.

.......... further along

DailyMailTV can also reveal that Gumina is the subject of a pending domestic violence case, due to go to trial next month, after he allegedly headbutted his now missing wife during a vicious fight in February.

He is accused of trying to prevent her from calling the cops. A blood test administered after his arrest showed that he had been under the influence of meth and opiates at the time.

On July 23, a week after she vanished, he filed for a restraining order against Heather and, in the petition, claimed the pair had had a fight, witnessed by her mother, on the day she disappeared.

According to Gumina, the 33-year-old had 'punched me in the face [….] tried to tip wheelbarrow full of sand on my legs.'

An article by the Daily Mail
Husband of missing mom Heather Gumina says he has nothing to do with her disappearance | Daily Mail Online

On August 9, her distinctive black and pink 2005 Infiniti G45 car was found by police.

Police would not disclose exactly where the car was found but a local source claimed the vehicle was discovered on the remote Mormon Emigrant Trail close to a ravine. The vehicle is currently undergoing forensic testing.

.......... further along

DailyMailTV can also reveal that Gumina is the subject of a pending domestic violence case, due to go to trial next month, after he allegedly headbutted his now missing wife during a vicious fight in February.

He is accused of trying to prevent her from calling the cops. A blood test administered after his arrest showed that he had been under the influence of meth and opiates at the time.

On July 23, a week after she vanished, he filed for a restraining order against Heather and, in the petition, claimed the pair had had a fight, witnessed by her mother, on the day she disappeared.

According to Gumina, the 33-year-old had 'punched me in the face [….] tried to tip wheelbarrow full of sand on my legs.'
Hmmmm. Filed for a restraining order a week after she vanishes :rolleyes: Sits on hands.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back