CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I don't think she was crazy. Lack of sleep can make you belligerent.

Snoring is a real problem in campgrounds, especially if they're in canyons. It echoes everywhere, on down the canyon. It can keep you awake all night. LOUD. I've heard a park ranger once tell a camper that the snoring had to stop.

I know this will sound ignorant, but seriously, how would a snorer stop snoring except by NOT sleeping and staying awake all night or leaving?

I haven't camped at that particular place, bu the way this usually works is that the bathrooms (and showers) are not very brightly lit. Campers don't need a whole lot of light in those facilities, and light attracts bugs. You pretty much wear your headlamp (or carry your flashlight), light on, until you get to the steps of the bathhouse.

I have never seen a campground with lighting anywhere except buildings (certainly no campground-wide system) or if there are RV hookups (RV-ers bring their own lights, however. Electric lights would keep campers awake all night, and it makes it impossible to see stars: this would be no kind of acceptable camping experience.

Thanks. So, things haven't changed much over the years. We can probably assume the shooter(s) had some type of flash light with them.

Let me just say it was a very startling (4 am) and awkward experience. Especially apologizing for my dogs sleeping habits.
Gosh I can only imagine!!!! Thats why i apologized for laughing!! I'm just laughing bc she thought it was your husband and it was the bulldogs...sorry I should not be laughing but for some reason this is really funny to me...maybe because I had a roommate one time with sleep apnea and I could hear him when I pulled in the driveway OUTSIDE the house. I was completely sleep deprived and was soooo miserable as a result, it made me batshot crazy, im telling you...it was scary because I'd awake startled bc I thought he was suffocating, anyway he lost a bunch of weight and thank goodness it probably saved his life, sleep apnea is scary business, sorry for the the ot. Furthermore I might be more tolerant of a dog's snoring than a man snoring bahahahah)

Last edited:
One did get hit. He was shot at close range with a shotgun!
He also said he was lying with his arm by his head, so the shooter might have been going for a head shot that time. Maybe it's someone who isn't a hunter and is a lousy shot so he or she had to get right up/in to the tent to get a good shot.

I agree with the likelihood that a nightlight was used considering the age of the kids which would have made them very visible at night and if it is indeed random then the light in the dark could have attracted attention.

I have a friend who uses a couple glow Sticks for a night light when they camp. Not the dollar stores ones that don't last very long.

(This is exactly what scares me about camping and it is unfortunate....that one is a sitting duck. Moo. All the creeps up here in the woods and mountains of CO, things have changed I'm afraid since i was a kid, moo. While I have fond memories of camping, it makes me uncomfortable to just go to sleep with fabric as protection while who knows what kind of predators, animal and human, lurk. On the other note, can one canjust not do the things they enjoy bc of such risks...it's a sad situation all round. This man was out in nature with his kids. I sure like being out there, nature, fire....I've mentioned this before, National Geographic did an episode "The Hills Have Eyes", talks about the Boulder Co Sherriffs who work the woods and campsites. Scary stuff. Very often people are out in the woods for a reason, hIding, hunting...BG comes to mind (Abigail and Liberty's killer).

Last edited:
Gosh I can only imagine!!!! Thats why i apologized for laughing!! I'm just laughing bc she thought it was your husband and it was the bulldogs...sorry I should not be laughing but for some reason this is really funny to me...maybe because I had a roommate one time with sleep apnea and I could hear him when I pulled in the driveway OUTSIDE the house. I was completely sleep deprived and was soooo miserable as a result, it made me batshot crazy, im telling you...it was scary because I'd awake startled bc I thought he was suffocating, anyway he lost a bunch of weight and thank goodness it probably saved his life, sleep apnea is scary business, sorry for the the ot. Furthermore I might be more tolerant of a dog's snoring than a man snoring bahahahah)

margarita25: Please don't apologize. I believe we need occasional moments of levity when discussing these cases. I chuckled when I saw the dogs were the culprits :)

I know this will sound ignorant, but seriously, how would a snorer stop snoring except by NOT sleeping and staying awake all night or leaving?

Ummmm.....it's up to them to not impose their night noises on other people. If they can't but snore, they shouldn't be sleeping where they can be heard or keep other people awake. It would be very selfish to do so.

Snoring in campgrounds is especially conspicuous because campgrounds are VERY quiet at night after curfew (or at least, not too long after curfew).

Snorers need medical treatment, anyway. Snorers who follow medical advice take their CPAP (or alternative) devices with them to go camping. These devices can run on batteries or get plugged in at sites with power. They don't snore if treated.

If the snorer is human, rolling them on their side seems to help. I do it to DH all the time :D

Dogs, I'm not so sure about:eek:
When I worked in a doctors surgery, a man came in and was concerned about recurring bruises on his calves and on his ribs. Turned out that they were from his wife kicking and elbowing him trying to turn him on his side to stop his storing.

By the way, that tent is much too tall for someone just to reach up and shoot downward through the roof.

I seriously can't picture how there would be bullet holes in the top unless the shot came from the inside.

If the shot came from the inside through the top, the bullet would be outside the tent? LE could gauge the trajectory from the relationship between the hole on the inner layer of fabric and the outer layer of fabric (the fly).

Last edited:
BRAZEN.

I've seen a case where a random hunting accident stray bullet was staged. Note to go into that another time should that ever come up. It does not sound like the case here at all so far, moo, from what I've read.

Need to go back another read before posting anymore. Don't want to get on the serial shooter thing if this is not another serial shooting.

Last edited:
I don't think this is abour snoring!!
Not at alll. That shooter likely came with a gun with the intent to kill. Nothing to do with snoring! (Al though people do snap, road rage, etc, al though i do not think that's what we are looking at here, moo, "snore rage" (AL though I've had that many a time!!)

(Nice to see ya btw, gitana1, long time no see.)

Last edited:
So I'm way behind but just want to say William Connolle, one of the victims of the NOCO serial shootings, (please see my signature for reference, my "pet case" for years..) was killed close range via shotgun. FTR the perp, fiiiinalllyyyyy arrested after years, lived a stone's throw away. We had this whole task force, etc, and the guy was right there the whole time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member