Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they needed help with something (like finding the 'sketch' suspect from Morgan Harrington's case), I don't see why LE would say anything about what forensics they've gathered. This is an LEA that has acted very professionally, IMO, so I don't expect them to release any info unless it is for a very specific purpose.

All JMO

I understand this....it is like there is not really much they are saying anymore about this case....surely there must be something....someone on this forum said they were going in with heavy equipment to areas near her house? What came out of this? I guess they cannot release alot of their findings for reasons we may not know of? Just seems very, very quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There has been mention made that Sierra was an avid jogger...this leads me to believe that if the perp was not known to her, he may have first observed her as she was jogging, and then stalked her from that point. That is a scenario that has popped up on numerous occasions, and seems somehow more likely to me than contact through social media or her short trips to & from the bus stop. Just a thought.

All JMO

If you're a regular runner, especially if you often use the same routes or around the same time of day, it might surprise you to learn how many people "know" you by sight. Of course, this isn't always a bad thing; in high school I was lucky that some people who lived along "my" road felt like they knew me well enough to let me call my parents from their house when I stepped on a shard of glass...I didn't have to run the rest of the way home with blood gushing out of my foot. But I didn't even know these people. I had no idea that they were home and awake at that time of day. It was just chance that they were working in the yard the day I needed help.

I understand this....it is like there is not really much they are saying anymore about this case....surely there must be something....someone on this forum said they were going in with heavy equipment to areas near her house? What came out of this? I guess they cannot release alot of their findings for reasons we may not know of? Just seems very, very quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am by no means "in the know", but I *speculate* they already know who is responsible, and are quietly and methodically collecting evidence to insure a conviction. Just an opinion.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I am so far behind on reading...
Isn't Sierra supposed to be on America's Most Wanted tonight? I am looking but not seeing it? Could have sworn I heard it was going to be on....TIA

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I am so far behind on reading...
Isn't Sierra supposed to be on America's Most Wanted tonight? I am looking but not seeing it? Could have sworn I heard it was going to be on....TIA

It will be on the May 11 broadcast of AMW on Lifetime channel.

I doubt LE will say anything to the public unless it finds clues that public awareness could help in solving the case (eg, a certain vehicle, POI description, anything at this point). I'm afraid they have nothing substantial after 7 weeks with thousands of searchers and tips and forensics. OR they have solid leads and are doing a wait-and-see. Sure hope there's more to it than what has been announced.

I am so sad that Sierra is still missing!!! From everything I can tell, LE is ALL over this case, and I remain confident at this point it will be resolved. I honestly don't think I can recall a case where LE has spent so many resources with looking for a body/evidence in so many different bodies of water! They know something, and they are committed to finding her. :twocents:

I think a criminal feels furtively safe when he rids himself of items belonging to the victim. He feels discarding the cellphone and the purse & clothes disassociates him from the crime as it will become known in time. The pattern of the discards, however, does reveal his thinking during commission. He heaved the cell from the vehicle onto a field at the north east corner of Scheller & Santa Teresa. What is most likely? That he was heading either west or north. But then he disposes of the Juicy items again north and east of Fisher-Laguna and Santa Teresa, so the question is answered. He was heading north all along.

If the cufflinks bear telltale evidence connecting them to him and to Sierra, there could have been a temporary detour west on Palm when she made a protest that her bus stop was at Palm & Dougherty and Schheller was a wrong turn. But the eventual direction was still north.

Once the driver deposits the last items, he can cross Santa Teresa Boulevard on Laguna and continue all the way to Calero or he can stay with his pattern and come off Laguna turning right and moving north on Sta. Teresa. Since there are numerous places to hide a purse & books on the way to Calero, he needn't have stopped at the rusted shed. My money is on the driver continuing north on the boulevard.

The criminal's next decision is at Bailey and that has been discussed. Does he make a left turn at a controlled intersection on Sta. Teresa and pass the large IBM plant or does he, one more time, make a less conspicuous right on Bailey? I think he went east where he would find not only Coyote Creek Golf Course but Kirby Canyon (landfill), creeks and open land.

Please tell me where this news is Tuba, i haven't heard about 'cufflinks'

Never mind...I get it now, you meant hand cuffs oops sorry

When Sgt. Cardoza spoke about the productive results back from the lab, he talked on camera about the problem describing BOLO. He said no one was sure exactly what Sierra was wearing because she could have changed into the clothes returned from lab = they were worn before being discovered. Or, he said, she could have changed out of the clothes returned from lab = they were worn before being discovered. Sgt. Cardoza revealed quite a bit in these comments and he was speaking to public eagerness to know what the lab found out. Being who he is, he was careful in what he had to say. Because of his revelations, we know the clothing in the Juicy bag had been worn. We can speculate when & where they were removed.

Does this change anyone's theory of what happened? It does mine. I was thinking extra set of clothes and the perp ditched the bag quickly after the phone but now it appears he needed time to take her wherever and do whatever to her first including stripping her of her clothes. Could she have been made to wear that Nike sweatshirt that looked bleached? Does it mean the perp didn't go far with her since the bag was found there? I have new questions now.

She could have packed that shirt after taking it off, if she slept in it...it would show as "worn"...if she used it as a nightshirt and planned to stay someplace that night, or be ready to...just a thought, probably not likely, but she did not look ready for school in that photo...JMO

Is there a video link for Cardoza talking about the lab results?

If you're a regular runner, especially if you often use the same routes or around the same time of day, it might surprise you to learn how many people "know" you by sight. Of course, this isn't always a bad thing; in high school I was lucky that some people who lived along "my" road felt like they knew me well enough to let me call my parents from their house when I stepped on a shard of glass...I didn't have to run the rest of the way home with blood gushing out of my foot. But I didn't even know these people. I had no idea that they were home and awake at that time of day. It was just chance that they were working in the yard the day I needed help.

As you said, most of the time it is a good thing that people know you. That must have been some shard of glass to go all the way through a shoe! Or were you a barefoot runner?

That does make me think, though. Sierra probably did have a regular route or a couple regular routes. Plus, living on the cul-de-sac, at some point she only had a couple choices for leaving and returning.

Even once she moved beyond the immediate area, I'm sure there were roads that were too busy to cross easily on foot, streets that had better or worse sidewalks, etc, that would tend to affect her choice of route.

It wouldn't be difficult at all for a perpetrator to back track her to her home, once the perp had seen her more than once and figured out she probably lived in the area.

I doubt LE will say anything to the public unless it finds clues that public awareness could help in solving the case (eg, a certain vehicle, POI description, anything at this point). I'm afraid they have nothing substantial after 7 weeks with thousands of searchers and tips and forensics. OR they have solid leads and are doing a wait-and-see. Sure hope there's more to it than what has been announced.

I'm afraid that, as cluciano has posted, that LE has DNA and/or fingerprints that would convict a perp... only after said perp can be found. Meaning that the perp will have to do something to cause their DNA and fingerprints to be entered into the various databases.

This is going to be one of those cases that will remain unsolved until some perp makes a mistake and ends up going to jail and has his fingerprints taken. Then a detective just happens to run those prints hoping to find a match for any other crimes, and Sierra's case pops up. Or he is arrested for another crime and ends up confessing to this one as well, which would be a longshot, but it has happened.

The LE has never said they have DNA . All they have said from the day the 1st lab results came back was they have forensic evidence . The rumor of DNA came from a shoddy news reporter report. With" inside sources" the words DNA never came out of the LE mouths.

I have my own theory of what I think happened to Sierra, but I had a nice dream last night that she was brought home safely. It was a good dream. I hope it comes true.

I have my own theory of what I think happened to Sierra, but I had a nice dream last night that she was brought home safely. It was a good dream. I hope it comes true.

would you like to share that theory with us on WS please?

The LE has never said they have DNA . All they have said from the day the 1st lab results came back was they have forensic evidence . The rumor of DNA came from a shoddy news reporter report. With" inside sources" the words DNA never came out of the LE mouths.

True, but didn't they say they learned things that could help them point to a suspect at some point in the future? Something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member