Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't type the words that want to come out of my fingertips, the DA is right, they'll never be "ready" for trial, and it doesn't look like the judge is going to push them to get ready any time soon. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for Sierra's family.

Sadly, once the decision was made to pursue a capital case, these delays (and gamesmanship on the part of the dt IMO) are par for the course.
The Judge must decide what could be taken into consideration as "reversible error on appeal" by the Appelate Court (the Ninth Circuit, IIRC), so every ruling is made with that essentially on the horizon. :moo:
It is heartbreaking every time a delay is granted. No question there. What would be more so is if the verdict were to be overturned on appeal!
I share the frustration and anger expressed on Sierra's threads. I also believe that as long as she's out there somewhere, the dt believes the weight of reasonable doubt will play in their favor (not that I agree, mind you). Make no mistake, this is all about self-preservation. It is beyond all imagination that a father of two children (including a daughter), would do such a thing. Yet, we are seeing it happen with each hearing and delay.
IMO, it proves that this perp is a monster without a conscience. :cow:
I pray that State's case is SO strong that when the death-qualified jury is seated, and hears all of the evidence, they will be able to make the correct decision - the ONLY decision (JMO).

#JusticeForSierra will not happen quickly. That's already been proven, and we haven't even completed pre-trial hearings yet.

Thank you for your continued thoughts (and prayers if you believe) to the LaMars. They need and deserve to know that the community has not waivered from caring about #EveryonesDaughter!

#FindSierra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i hate that the dt always gets what they ask for, but they usually get it to minimize the chance the conviction will be overturned for any reason. that, and the fact that death row is more cushy than main line, is why i tend to prefer these monsters get LWOP.

i hate that the dt always gets what they ask for, but they usually get it to minimize the chance the conviction will be overturned for any reason. that, and the fact that death row is more cushy than main line, is why i tend to prefer these monsters get LWOP.
I 100% consign your post. I've told my husband if anyone ever murdered me, I'd want them to get LWOP in general population. That sounds worse to me than the DP. (But I understand and respect why/when victims' families want to pursue the DP.)

okay - just marking my spot

X

See you all on September 2nd! :wave:

edited to add: as soon as I typed that date, I hit "submit", but then remembered that I will be going down there September 3rd for the start of the Latvian Song & Dance Festival in San Jose!! :flashback: anyway - I was thinking :thinking: I should drive down a day earlier and attend this hearing! It said 1:30pm on the papers Kim_SF posted above, but someone mentioned 9:30am.
1:30pm or 9:30am ?? :confused: Anyone else in the area been to any of these hearings - and WHERE is it being held? HELP!!! LOL!

@Niner <modsnip>the time is 1:30pm. Just incase it is Hall of Justice
190 - 200 West Hedding Street, San Jose, Ca

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

okay - just marking my spot

X

See you all on September 2nd! :wave:

edited to add: as soon as I typed that date, I hit "submit", but then remembered that I will be going down there September 3rd for the start of the Latvian Song & Dance Festival in San Jose!! :flashback: anyway - I was thinking :thinking: I should drive down a day earlier and attend this hearing! It said 1:30pm on the papers Kim_SF posted above, but someone mentioned 9:30am.
1:30pm or 9:30am ?? :confused: Anyone else in the area been to any of these hearings - and WHERE is it being held? HELP!!! LOL!

Terrific!

It will be so good to get a WSer's "up close and personal" view of the court hearings!

:tyou:

Thanks, Bessie, for this new thread!

:tyou:

It was me... :blushing: that asked for a new thread, since Sierra's thread was under Missing - Missing but not forgotten. Since the hearings had started, I asked that she make a new thread under "Awaiting Trial"...

Thanks Bessie!! :loveyou:

@Niner <modsnip>the time is 1:30pm. Just incase it is Hall of Justice
190 - 200 West Hedding Street, San Jose, Ca

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Got it! Just did a google map search, and it is only 18 minutes from my sister's house in Mtn. View. Since it starts at 1:30pm, I might be able to make it. Will definitely report back to you all! Oh, does it say which courtroom?? I'll probably need that...

:seeya:

All I can find is "Dept. 24", Niner.

I remember hearing about this through Facebook down here in Santa Clarita a week after she disappeared. I was hoping it was just a runaway or something back then, until I saw her Charley Project page and realized it was much more serious.

I hope they find her someday. I think they will. If Holly Bobo can be found, so can Sierra.

It was me... :blushing: that asked for a new thread, since Sierra's thread was under Missing - Missing but not forgotten. Since the hearings had started, I asked that she make a new thread under "Awaiting Trial"...

That was a good idea, Niner, asking for this new thread - it gives a sense that finally things are moving forward. Thanks to you and Bessie!

Tweet from @PollyDad (Mr. Marc Klaas of the @KlaasKidsSearch / KlaasKidsFoundation):
10Jul15 - 12:24

With a 6-hr gap, AG-T could have hidden #SierraLaMar anywhere, even outside areas already searched-Never give up hope http://t.co/6bF9IofRjO

[video=twitter;619587965665308672]http://twitter.com/PollyDad/status/619587965665308672[/video]

#FINDSIERRA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Niner and Bessie! :tyou:

A new thread is a great idea, this one will hopefully see Sierra home and justice done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C