Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do exactly the same, you go mostly through industrial areas and Blackfoot and Deerfoot would be relatively fast, especially during the night. There are cameras though on some of the intersections along that route.

You couldn't get out of inner city Calgary in any direction without going through a number of cameras though. If someone wanted to dump bodies the area east of McLeod and west of Deetfoot along Blackfoot has great potential.

You couldn't get out of inner city Calgary in any direction without going through a number of cameras though. If someone wanted to dump bodies the area east of McLeod and west of Deetfoot along Blackfoot has great potential.

Or from Blackfoot to Ogden road. There's lots of high grass, train tracks, parks, trees, bridges. It's more industrial. Along the tracks are unkempt grass and lots of dips and junk.

Or from Blackfoot to Ogden road. There's lots of high grass, train tracks, parks, trees, bridges. It's more industrial. Along the tracks are unkempt grass and lots of dips and junk.

I hope that some other camera(s) has caught the green truck. Also hoping that LE is checking with all businesses in and around Macleod Trail and the industrial areas to see if they have camera footage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I having been thinking on this case for the past couple of days and reading threads and I just seem to see that for some we are going in circles and there is this NEED to understand.

Please bear with me and please understand that this is strictly MOO.

You know, as much as we try to understand certain things in life, we are really incapable at times of true understanding especially when it comes to the inner workings of the criminal mind or the mentally impaired mind. And, BTW, we can guess all we like, but until there is some psychological evaluation, we are not going to truly know what goes on in his head. We can't tell from a picture or a 30 second video what a person is thinking and I think it's irresponsible to try and do so. Yeah he looks mad. But we don't know what he looks like on a normal day. It was a perp walk. I'd be mad too but we don't know.

DG appears to be incredibly complex but maybe not. We can surmise his motivation, his methods, and lots of other things but we really know NOTHING about the MAN. We know what he's done in the past by way of his criminal activities and we can guess at his pathology but we are really powerless to understand at this juncture. Until you know the man, we can't even begin to guess. I believe that when we have an "insight into the man" then we have a better chance of finding the remains. Who and what he is will help us find them.

Again, in MOO, I would be surprised that the bodies would be at the Airdrie property. They were probably there initially but I don't think he'd want them close by. There is evidence there of course, but I think he put them where he knew no one would look and that doesn't take a brilliant mind. It just takes a little thought.

DG's family, and whatever acquaintances he may have, are the ones with the insight into what drives him and I am absolutely sure that LE are delving into all his relationships, family and otherwise in order to build a profile of this man.

So he's smart so they say, but he's been caught on numerous occasions for criminal activity so he's not a brilliant criminal that's for sure. He's made a TON of mistakes in his life prior to this event and didn't learn from them. He's no brain surgeon. This gives me comfort. This tells me that he most likely made more mistakes than just allowing a truck to be seen on camera. My guess is that he made lots of mistakes.

Maybe he came back and tried to hose away the blood. There's a mistake and a waste of time quite frankly. I think most of us here know that you can't just wash away blood. Man, I know that from watching TV shows. We know that trace evidence is the glue that makes cases like these.

DNA! Come on....if he was in the house (and we all believe he was) there is NO WAY he's going to be able to wipe the place clean. There will be residual evidence. The bodies were in a vehicle at some point and DNA is going to be there. It just is. As much as criminals try they very rarely manage to get rid of all of it.

We talk about how this was a well planned event. I'm not sure it was well planned. I think it was planned but not well. Heck, I know about CCTV cameras. Everybody has stuff these days that hook up to cell phones etc. Not a smart move to drive back in forth in front of a house with a Security System sign when you plan on killing the people inside when the coast is clear.

Some talk about DG being a serial killer and linking him to unrelated murders. I don't know. I get that LE will look at their files but I seriously would question whether they're looking at him for a host of UNRELATED murders. That doesn't really make sense. They have to be sure and again, they know stuff we don't, but the whole Highway of Tears and serial killer angle kind of muddies the water and is really out there in MOO.

I am NOT in any way trying to defend DG - NOT AT ALL, but I just find that we have to move on in our discussions in an effort to be realistic and to focus on where we can find the bodies. I think that's the biggest thing we can do right now. Focus on where they are and try to bring them home to their family.

Sorry, I hope I haven't offended as I had no intention of doing so. We are all entitled to our opinions and this is a place to voice them. I think I'm just trying to give us all a bit of a PEP talk to move us in the right direction.

Excellent point. LE said that the truck was seen several times in the neighbourhood. Yet, we have only been shown the one photo of the truck. Therefore, there is a reason for that. That reason could be that there were items in the back of the truck.

Also, LE asked family members to come to the house and see if anything was missing. These missing items could be blankets, mattresses, bookshelves, rugs, whatever else DG could have used to cover up the victims. I recall a photo of LE bringing a blanket back from the landfill.

So, hypothetically, DG made several trips from the victims' home to the Airdrie acreage, each time covering up evidence with the missing items.

Then, once he finished, (sorry) he used his chemical knowledge to dispose of bodies and evidence, followed by burning. IMVHO (in my VERY humble opinion) there are no bodies. So really no use in looking for them. There is just forensic evidence to find, DNA, very small things.

This also explains why DG did not skip town. He needed a few days to dispose of bodies and associated evidence.

Given his past behavior, after committing a crime, he would have ran. He may have planned to do the same this time, but wanted to finish off his original plan first. After all, he's a meticulous planner, as we have seen.
I totally agree with you 100%!!!

Nice analysis Tealgrove - I can't figure out how to quote in Tapatalk.. Anyway, I agree with what you are saying but I think DG may not have considered residential security systems. It may be his undoing. I have no idea who has security systems in my Calgary neighborhood. By the time he got to Parkhill, he may have been just focussed on his goal.

If there was one unsolved crime that I would look at, it would be the recent unexplained deaths in Lake Bonavista. The only case in recent memory where a reward has been offered in Calgary. It's probably unrelated but whoever did it has so far gotten away with it...

One thing that i do not understand and has really been getting to me is why at the family plea when the reporter asked " Was the sale still on when you left and when was the last time you seen NO?" JO said" no comment". Why would LE advise to do so when we already had public knowledge of her leaving NO at 10:00 pm?
They already knew I believe, and truly had no comment.

They already knew I believe, and truly had no comment.

But why not just say the sale was over and i last saw him when i left. Unless maybe AL and NO came back after. That could also be why in the initial amber alert it was said NO may be in the company of his grandfather. Maybe they didn't know if they were part of the attack or if it was just KL attacked then when AL and NO got back they took off out of fear. And now they have proof that they were also injured. JMO

I still wonder whether FC had something to do with this, given the criminal past and relationship of EAL and AL. Wonder if FC and DG could have relations?

it was posted way back and within the text it also said he liked the camrose area and somewhere else. Alberta has more recreational fishermen per capita than any other Province, and hunting isn't far behind.

Are you sure AB has more recreational fisherman than any other province??? Because I'm originally from Ontario and now living in YYC and was shocked that AB had such few lakes. I was even more shocked to learn that SK has more lakes than AB, having believed SK was just dry flat land. lol And of course, Ontario is replete with various sized lakes and a very large area of "cottage country".

The 2005 F & O survey showed Ontario had a total of 16,000 fishermen (anglers) while Alberta had only 5,900. NFLD & Labrador had the highest number. (http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/stats/rec/can/2005/section2-eng.htm)

In 2010 the F & O survey had Ontario with a total of 30,680 while AB had 5,800. (http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/stats/rec/can/2010/section2-eng.htm).

Just a thought but I wonder with DG's medical and chemical background if he could have used some chemicals to embalm (not sure of spelling) them. To delay the smell, and I wonder if LE checked the sewer lagoon on the farm if there is one.

BBM

If he did graduate from high school in '78 and was booted out of university in '81, he does not have a medical background. He wouldn't even have a B.Sc.

I still wonder whether FC had something to do with this, given the criminal past and relationship of EAL and AL. Wonder if FC and DG could have relations?

I was thinking same thing. FC has no problem shooting people. Maybe they both did time together at one point or FC met EAL through DG or PG met AL through FC. JMO

This is MOO, but if DG used chemicals in the disposal of these poor souls, then I don't think he brought chemicals with him. He had a safety net at home on the farm since his parents were away. If he did use chemicals then I believe that he did bring the bodies to the farm but what he did after that remains to be seen. He may not have used chemicals at all. We know that LE scoured the farm for evidence but what they discovered will remain a mystery until a trial. DG may have taken a page out of the Bosma case (if he was aware of it) and thought better of leaving remains on his family farm. After all, it didn't work, thank goodness, for DM. Is it even possible that he dug graves on that property for whatever remained of the victims? I know that LE did a thorough search but it's a large acreage and I think that anything is possible. Sadly, I guess that if any trace were found, LE would not continue to ask land owners to check their properties.

This is MOO, but if DG used chemicals in the disposal of these poor souls, then I don't think he brought chemicals with him. He had a safety net at home on the farm since his parents were away. If he did use chemicals then I believe that he did bring the bodies to the farm but what he did after that remains to be seen. He may not have used chemicals at all. We know that LE scoured the farm for evidence but what they discovered will remain a mystery until a trial. DG may have taken a page out of the Bosma case (if he was aware of it) and thought better of leaving remains on his family farm. After all, it didn't work, thank goodness, for DM. Is it even possible that he dug graves on that property for whatever remained of the victims? I know that LE did a thorough search but it's a large acreage and I think that anything is possible. Sadly, I guess that if any trace were found, LE would not continue to ask land owners to check their properties.

Yes, yes and yes! I don't know why anyone would think he had taken chemicals to Parkhill. We've talked about the greenhouse, the burning all day, etc. so although not spelled out in every scenario and theory shared here, one would have thought it obvious that took place on the farm. Obviously not :) I concur with what you say here as is evidenced in my earlier posts.

That is right, just going on along 42nd to Ogden - it would be very close. He could even travel on Ogden road to the landfill ie along 50th Ave SE. I still believe that the police has camera shots and know approximately how he traveled with all the cameras everywhere nowadays.

Nice analysis Tealgrove - I can't figure out how to quote in Tapatalk.. Anyway, I agree with what you are saying but I think DG may not have considered residential security systems. It may be his undoing. I have no idea who has security systems in my Calgary neighborhood. By the time he got to Parkhill, he may have been just focussed on his goal.

If there was one unsolved crime that I would look at, it would be the recent unexplained deaths in Lake Bonavista. The only case in recent memory where a reward has been offered in Calgary. It's probably unrelated but whoever did it has so far gotten away with it...

This one is bugging me as well. This happened in a good area to people in their 50's, there does not seem to be any motive and there are no viable leads IMO

BBM

If he did graduate from high school in '78 and was booted out of university in '81, he does not have a medical background. He wouldn't even have a B.Sc.

I was wondering about this one as well, there is a lot of talk about his extensive knowledge of chemistry. How do the people know? He probably studied sciences, was his major chemistry? Although he worked in a chemical lab, it does not constitute being an expert. I am a little bit puzzled, although, I do not deny that he may have some knowledge of testing pesticides, herbicides and similar based on his lab experience.

I was wondering about this one as well, there is a lot of talk about his extensive knowledge of chemistry. How do the people know? He probably studied sciences, was his major chemistry? Although he worked in a chemical lab, it does not constitute being an expert. I am a little bit puzzled, although, I do not deny that he may have some knowledge of testing pesticides, herbicides and similar based on his lab experience.
There seems to be a lot of conflicting and inconsistent information about DG doesn't there. It will be interesting to see if we ever find out the true background. What I wouldn't do for a conversation with his parents and/or sister. I suspect PGs relationship with her brother is much like mine ... except mine isn't a possible psychopath .... maybe just a sociopath [emoji9]

Was DG employed or is he on a disability pension or was he just sponging off his parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24