Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The cousin of the Canadian billionaire found hanging in his exclusive home alongside his wife in December, has rejected cops' findings that the couple were targeted victims of a double-homicide.

Instead, in an explosive interview with DailyMailTV on Wednesday, Kerry Winter has disclosed his belief that Barry Sherman, 75, murdered his wife Honey, 70, then took his own life - a view rejected by police.

And he told how Barry Sherman had twice asked him to arrange for his wife's murder saying: 'I want you to whack my wife.'

Winter, 56, told DailyMailTV: 'My gut tells me he killed her.

'That's my feeling [and] I don't believe somebody out there is going to be found because… Barry did the deed.

Winter's own immediate reaction on learning of their deaths, he said was: '*advertiser censored**ing hell he finally did it. Barry finally killed the b****.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-killed-wife-says-cousin.html#ixzz55n9Z72iv

An excerpt from the daily mail article
"Yet Sherman was aggressively fighting a Federal investigation into breach of lobbying laws and the shadow of a tax evasion investigation loomed with rumors that his name was contained in the Panama Papers"

I had not heard tax evasion or the panama papers reference.
Is there any validity to that?

The Fifth Estate is not available in the US. Hope our Canadian friends will share.
But I wonder if Kerry Winters is their Bombshell news.

"Yet Sherman was aggressively fighting a Federal investigation into breach of lobbying laws and the shadow of a tax evasion investigation loomed with rumors that his name was contained in the Panama Papers"

The Fifth Estate is not available in the US. Hope our Canadian friends will share.

Maybe he should be more careful what he says. The Shermans might sue him for slander, and they have the money to hire the best lawyers to do it. I think maybe once a person is dead, one can "safely" say evil things about them, because only living people can sue, but I am no legal expert, and am not sure about that. Still, the Shermans might find a way because what he is saying could hurt the family business, and cause stress and pain for the family. Any legal experts out there on Websleuth who can enlighten us ? IMO

I thought Kerry's issues were with BS and HS. Funny that he refers to HS as 'the *advertiser censored*". And his comment about BS asking Kerry "whack" her twice before. Um, so did BS get someone to whack his wife and kill himself to cover it up?? This Winter guy makes no sense which leads me to believe he is making way too much effort to redirect everyone.

That's what I was thinking.

Maybe he should be more careful what he says. The Shermans might sue him for slander, and they have the money to hire the best lawyers to do it. I think maybe once a person is dead, one can "safely" say evil things about them, because only living people can sue, but I am no legal expert, and am not sure about that. Still, the Shermans might find a way because what he is saying could hurt the family business, and cause stress and pain for the family. Any legal experts out there on Websleuth who can enlighten us ? IMO
This is the English law in summarised form, but it could be out of date

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4630243.stm

DailyM link..
Wondering why the cousin thought that HS was punched out, the only thing ever printed afaik, is that she had scrapes and/ or cuts to her face?

speculation.

I do not like to think about it, but I wonder if she was hit about the face with a doubled up leather belt in order to make her comply in some way, like phoning Barry, and asking him to come home to help her right away, or maybe they wanted her to give them some information, but one would think it would be Barry who would have the most important information about the company, family finances, etc. Maybe they struck her to make him comply .

The doctors who performed the two autopsies likely had some very interesting things to say about her wounds. They might have been able to say what caused them. If it was one of the belts, then it likely had her blood on it. The horror -- I feel so sorry for both of the Sherman victims, and their family. IMO

In a bullet point of the Daily Mail TV interview, the writer ascribes the following to Kerry Winter:
The cousin added that Sherman 'got what he deserved' for allegedly shutting Winter and his siblings out of their father's hefty inheritance to them.
This astonishingly vitriolic interview may be as close as we'll get to a confession from the guilty party. JMHO

Makes me glad that I returned, yesterday, to my original hypothesis; specifically that one or more of the Winter cousins was responsible for the Shermans' deaths, IMO.

Having said that, one could argue, (as has been done here), that when Barry sold Empire Laboratories, and used the money to found Apotex, he should have continued to honor the promise he made to his uncle, Louis Winter, whether or not he was legally obligated to do so. MOO

It certainly doesn't justify murder, but does provide the motivation. JMO

I think KW would also have a motive for setting up the deaths to look like murder/suicide rather than double murder, and to target both of them rather than just Barry.

Kerry Winter’s lawyer to Kerry Winter: if you are asked, just say you are sad for the children and have no further comment. Anything else you say could make you look bad. Don’t do anything to draw attention.

I will say that making such incendiary and insensitive comments make me think he isn't involved. No guilty person would be so brazen in making themselves look like a suspect.
I agree with you, but I'd add 'no normal' guilty person would be so brazen.

Hmmm... some interesting developments.
Not believing this KW person at all. But that's just me.
A lot of anger going around --and all over $$. :(
You can't take it with you when you die......

There is a Fifth Estate Page on YouTube, they have many of their stories posted there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa-bX3gZC3YnCThlGM5d38Q

His comment about Barry being a sociopath seems to me to be how KW reconciled Barry's attitude towards the Winters twisted into Barry wanting Honey killed.

KW seems to be inserting himself into the investigation.

I agree with you, but I'd add 'no normal' guilty person would be so brazen.

That actually makes me more suspicious of him.

I find it very hard to believe that BS would ask him of all people to arrange for the murder his wife. He just strikes me as the type of person who would do most anything for $$$$ and that would include murdering someone.

His comment that:
"And he told how Barry Sherman had twice asked him to arrange for his wife's murder saying: 'I want you to whack my wife.'"

ETA: I do not believe BS wanted HS murdered.

Case is being discussed right now on Crime and Justice (HLN)

His comment about Barry being a sociopath seems to me to be how KW reconciled Barry's attitude towards the Winters twisted into Barry wanting Honey killed.

Yes, I think KW's become extremely bitter after dwelling for years on thoughts about how BS cheated him, and he can't be taken seriously. The whole DM article kind of shows that, if you read it all the way through, but they can't resist exploiting some of his comments.

As to him being a suspect, I don't think he'd be satisfied by killing them, personally. I think what he really wanted was for BS to admit, and everyone else to agree, that BS cheated him, and to give him a big settlement, to justify the years he's now wasted on these lawsuits. It's not easy to give up that obsession to be proved right.

What if Barry actually did say those things to KW as a test to see what the response would be?
Maybe BS even threw in the b---h word to make his request sound legitimate, the point of the exercise ultimately, to learn if KW would be capable of murder for money and therefore a risk to BS's own life?
speculation, imo.
I see your point. My concern would be that, IMO, BS would not risk giving life to the idea of bringing harm upon HS. He wouldn't risk putting that thought in KW's head.

And I don't know the guy or anything, but I'd venture to guess KW does not hold secrets well.

What if Barry actually did say those things to KW as a test to see what the response would be?
Maybe BS even threw in the b---h word to make his request sound legitimate, the point of the exercise ultimately, to learn if KW would be capable of murder for money and therefore a risk to BS's own life?
speculation, imo.

It makes zero sense because KW hated BS and if Barry had actually asked KW to kill his wife, twice, KW would have gleefully gone to the police to get it on tape and get Barry behind bars. And Barry would have known this. You don't ask one of your enemies to do something highly illegal for you even as a "test."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo