Found Deceased Canada - Chase Martens, 2, Austin, MB, 22 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Logic dictates that if the child did wander off and is not on the land he must be in water or in the creek.

This time of the year is the most difficult time for divers to search water. The winter ice is still there , some of it is submerged under water , some of it is floating and held in place by willows and tree branches and tree roots , yet there is a good current and water-flow that can carry things downstream.

A drowning victim's body is semi-floating but the current will drag things under the large ice floes and trap them in the debris that is holding the ice in place.

The ice cold water acts as a refrigerant preventing decay which limits the usefulness of typical cadaver dogs.

However , some K9 handlers are now training dogs to pick up those scents from the surface of the water and are having good results in testing

I do not know if we have any of those dogs in Manitoba.

Attachments

• chase martens creek ice.JPG
    chase martens creek ice.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 80
If only. :( Looking at the remote location of where the house is, well, I just can't see a stranger abduction here. The photos I've seen show a dirt road leading to the house. They're in the middle of nowhere.

None of this case is making sense any more. I don't believe the parents have done something to Chase but I also don't believe he's been taken. That kind of leaves the water or else the treed areas.

What a bad night - Shaylyn Ammerman was found deceased and Chase is still missing. I guess we should be grateful that the search is continuing throughout tonight. But damn, it doesn't look good:

[video=twitter;713170557261451264]https://twitter.com/angjohnston/status/713170557261451264[/video]

bbm

Agreed, Lady Detective! Although we would prolly all or nearly all agree, we hope now that Chase has been abducted by kind people since the alternative of him being found alive and well (or at least able to heal) is looking dimmer & dimmer. And if he has been abducted, this case might never be solved.

But, as you say, the house was in the middle of a large, flat area where, seems to me but I'm not from that area, anyone walking, biking, jogging, or driving a car would be noticeable coming and going -- plus it takes a couple of minutes to find the child and entice or take him by force & get him into the car.

No realistic remaining possibilities, are good, seems to me. But we've all seen miracles, haven't we?! Fingers crossed & head bowed.

Please let this end well.

Sorry, but just now following this. How close to water is the house? Thanks.

I think the water is close enough for a 2 year old to find sadly. Those silos on the map worry me considerably too, such dangerous things silos. I hope they would not be accessible to Chase, 2 year olds are sooo curious.

Bit O/T but I thought a "creek" was a narrow stream, yet from the pic ArnieM posted this is a river surely?
Same language - different meanings obviously.

I have avoided this case because Noah Chamberlin broke my heart. I have a feeling he will be found over this weekend and my heart breaks for everyone who loves this little guy.

On Thursday, Christy Dzikowicz, director of child safety and family advocacy division, helped Tom Martens and Destiny Turner prepare their public statement and plea to bring their two-year-old son Chase Martens home.

Dzikowicz said the toddler’s parents remain strong and hopeful, fluctuating their time looking for their boy and spending time in the house.

“There is nothing worse than to deal with a missing child,” she said. “It’s an unfair reality for any family to go through.”
Everyone involved is very concerned as time passes, she said, but there are many scenarios, including that Chase will be safely reunited with his family.

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/missing-child-charity-supporting-chase-martens-family-1.2832395

I think the water is close enough for a 2 year old to find sadly. Those silos on the map worry me considerably too, such dangerous things silos. I hope they would not be accessible to Chase, 2 year olds are sooo curious.

Bit O/T but I thought a "creek" was a narrow stream, yet from the pic ArnieM posted this is a river surely?
Same language - different meanings obviously.

Are there any wells nearby?

I wonder if the trackers were able to find any tracks Chase may have left, or were they so trampled over by the time they got there that they would be hard to find.

I fear that he went to the creek, which is far bigger than I thought that it would be.

Prayers for the family and the searchers that are trying to bring Chase home

I grew up here in Manitoba and have lived here for most of my life. That is, indeed, a creek. They are always running faster/wider/deeper at this time of year. It's been my experience that most old wells and outhouse pits are usually filled and covered or marked. If there are any within the search radius the locals would have most likely informed authorities. My heart goes out to his parents.

IMHO:

I personally feel that an Amber Alert should be automatically issued for any child under age 5 if they go missing. I don't agree with their guidelines. What really bothers me is the fact that he was clothed in colourful clothing, as opposed to neutrals, yet they haven't found any scraps of fabric or articles of clothing. If he was snatched by an animal, there would have been something left behind and he would have made noise.. the dog would have reacted...

I don't think they are taking the view of possible abduction as seriously as they should. Not all abductions are planned. Most offenders against children are opportunists and are known to them. Given access to an unattended small child on a lonely rural road, I shudder to think of it. But, if they are not finding him in the water surrounding the area and there are no signs of trauma or vehicular accidents in the area, it's pretty much pointing to someone taking him. At least if this is the case, there is a chance he is coming home. The weather last night was awful. All we can do now is hope and pray for the best.

I wonder if the trackers were able to find any tracks Chase may have left, or were they so trampled over by the time they got there that they would be hard to find.

I fear that he went to the creek, which is far bigger than I thought that it would be.

Prayers for the family and the searchers that are trying to bring Chase home

It must be so difficult for the official searchers (LE etc) stop everyone who wants to help. Trampling over possible evidence and wiping out tracks that could be useful - but how do you prevent everyone trying their best to help?

This always concerns me with especially a missing little child. I wonder if there is a sensitive way of saying "thank you, but please leave it to the professionals because they know how to deal with this"?

I dread the outcome of the creek searches. My heart goes out to the family.

[video=twitter;713434730046226432]https://twitter.com/RileyLaychuk/status/713434730046226432[/video]
Riley Laychuk ‎@RileyLaychuk
A group of searchers prepare to check a farm yard north of Austin for missing Chase Martens. #cbcmb

It'd be so nice if every missing child was found safe & alive. After the recent heartache of missing children that many of us have followed I think we're about due a "happy ending" - please little Chase, be located safe today :please:

Bringing up the link to the map I posted yesterday for those asking where the creek is in relation to the house.

Thank you for the map.

It looks like Chase would of had to cross highway 1 to get to the creek. That is a very busy highway.

I don't think so. I think his parents live near where the "command centre" is on the map....not south of Hwy 1.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back