CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Canada, not a chance. At this point, everyone in Western Canada knows what they look like. In an aboriginal community, they’d stick out like a sore thumb. Hiring a plane isn’t that simple (I have a pilot’s license) and you can’t just “hire a boat” in rural communities :)

Very true. And even if you could hire a boat or plane, which they can't, there is nowhere that these guys could go where they have any hope of surviving. This is truly the Great White North, the vast wilderness of Northern Canada. Their best chance of survival now is to turn themselves in at the local RCMP station.

I live in AB as well and have done plenty of oilfield work in the Ft mc area, only accessible from the north in the winter time via ice bridges, and would the the most indirect rout from the ft Nelson area. Cold Lake, being several hundred km's south of ft Mac is the north most route to northern Saskatchewan.
I stand corrected if you know the Fort Mac area well. I cannot find the post by Otto. I did a search on his name but he has too many posts to go through them all and I can’t remember when he posted the map.

There's pretty much no danger of them coming into Ontario or anywhere east of the Manitoba border. There is only one highway connecting both halves of the country.

If they got back down south, they could have crossed at West Hawk without being stopped. At that point, I would have stolen a canoe (not a power boat) and a fishing rod if I didn’t have one and headed out Lake of the Woods :)

yeah someone posted video of a ferry earlier which confused me
but ferries can't transverse Hudson Bay or other bodies of water?
I honestly don’t know. I am original from Ontario and I was only aware of one ferry in the Rideau Canal in Ottawa. Lol. And as someone just posted, a lot of the real northern communities are fly-in.

I live in AB as well and have done plenty of oilfield work in the Ft mc area, only accessible from the north in the winter time via ice bridges, and would the the most indirect rout from the ft Nelson area. Cold Lake, being several hundred km's south of ft Mac is the north most route to northern Saskatchewan.

Thanks! It’s so helpful to have locals who can fill us in on details like this. Also thanks to @Tarika, @rmoeller and everyone!

None of these are far fetched theories at all. I had thought that , by now, considering the tension and the terrific level of alarm they are living at, multiplied by two, their own individual tension and their shared combined tension that perhaps, one might turn on the other. 'you got me into this' kind of thing. ' I always knew you were nutso'.. and so on. It is a feasible theory. . ..

But the longer it goes on, the more I understand that their committment and utter fealty to each other must be paramount and unyeilding. It might take death to break it.

Neither has stood in an empty cell and heard the cell door close behind them yet. That could be all it takes to get the ball rolling, no matter what the bond was like before.

if is unknown what they are driving now what is stopping them from using that one highway?

They could try, if they wanted to make a 1500 km detour, but it's just single lane traffic through the first 14 hrs or so of Ontario, so it makes it pretty easy to set up a road block. There are no detours once on the TransCanada into Ontario.

But the TransCanada was closed for a good part of the day today due to an accident.

Somebody posted upthread about the location where the POIs stopped - sorry I can't find the post now to quote it properly. The OP mentioned the shop owner who was interviewed is on a reality tv show about their jade mining store. I found a trailer for the show, if anyone is interested like I was to see what the show was about:

I wonder if the guys stopped at the jade store because of the show, for the free coffee the shop offers, or just coincidentally.

jmo

They could try, if they wanted to make a 1000 km detour, but it's just single lane traffic through the first 14 hrs or so of Ontario, so it makes it pretty easy to set up a road block. There are no detours once on the TransCanada into Ontario.

But the TransCanada was closed for a good part of the day today due to an accident.
Also major road construction. Once going into to Ontario there is a somewhat northern highway and one to the south. I have taken both enroute to and from Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member