Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police have investigated several new sightings of teen murder spree suspects Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky in the province of Ontario, more than 2000km from the current search area in the tiny town of Gillam

Dramatic development in hunt for highway murder teens

Other reports placed the pair at nearby Moonbeam, with a construction worker claiming the pair were travelling in a white Ford Focus.

The worker claimed Schmegelsky showed him a handgun and was wearing the camouflage shirt seen in their wanted poster as well as a green fishing hat.

There is next to no cell service once you leave fort Nelson till close to Whitehorse I believe. You can pick it up at Sikanni mountain for a short distance and there is one little spot by testa that only
Locals would know about because it’s literally in that one spot and you cannot move. Other than that, no service. You can get wifi for texting at toad River if you pay them for the password lol That’s about it. I’ve never drove to Whitehorse alone because of the fact there’s no service and it’s way too far and isolated if something were to happen. I don’t know about Dease Lake though.
I think there is cell service at Watson Lake, I stayed overnite in Teslin also but I can't remember if I had cell service or internet there.... I can't believe first of my drives was dead middle of winter, all alone, female, from Whitehorse to Southern BC, I always remembered how remote it was btwn Liard Hot Springs and Fort Nelson especially......I would not want to do it again alone. I think that whole road to Ft Nelson I passed only 3 or maybe 4 tops semi trailers otherwise traffic was non existent except for me and my 4x4 suv LOL.

Can you show me where you see this port Nelson. There’s one in Manitoba I believe. I could totally be wrong but I’ve never heard of port Nelson in my life. The Nelson River goes to Fort Liard or Watson lake maybe you’re thinking of? I tried looking online and am lost-please point me in the right direction lol Now I’m curious!

Port Nelson Manitoba is exactly where I am referring to, I’m curious if the RCMP have ever reported that they searched there while occupying Gillam? It’s the direction they were headed before the RAV4 was burnt and I believe if they were able to steal a canoe or small bit it would be a fairly easy voyage down the river to the mouth of Hudson’s Bay. I can see how it would be somewhat confusing because fort Nelson is also related to this mystery... which believe me crossed my mind whether there was some sort of connection between those two somehow ...

I think everyone is hung up on the stranger in the road but personally I don’t think they should be. The girl that reported it (and not immediately) specifically said his arms were out and he seemed frustrated. I think, he and his car have nothing to with the investigation other than another witness who would have been possibly the last person to see them alive before the killer? I don’t know but nobody in town is in fear of a man, specifically this man.

As already discussed in several of the earlier threads, questions about the man seen in "animated" discussion with LF/CD at around 11:30 at night just hours before they died arose from concerns about the whereabouts of a Texan charged with murder who illegally crossed into Canada in mid-June and has not yet been found.
https://7news.com.au/news/crime/luc...-of-texas-murder-suspect-in-the-area-c-361152

Port Nelson Manitoba is exactly where I am referring to, I’m curious if the RCMP have ever reported that they searched there while occupying Gillam? It’s the direction they were headed before the RAV4 was burnt and I believe if they were able to steal a canoe or small bit it would be a fairly easy voyage down the river to the mouth of Hudson’s Bay.
Ohhhhh sorry! Lol I must have misread what you wrote. I thought you said 90km from Dease Lake. And Fort Nelson does have a Nelson River and an “Old Fort” (ghost town original fort Nelson by the river). Sorry!!!

I’ve been stopped a few times for road checks and twice more when they were checking every car for a fugitive, by fully fledged RCMP, they didn’t ask to see anything just had a few questions and looked thru the car windows.
Yes less often them asking.....but then again you weren't in pursuit by them like the Split lake checkers.............or were you ha ha :)

If a full fledge rcmp officer had stopped them at Split Lake, the very first thing they ask for is your driver's license and vehicle insurance, and immediately go to their police car and run the checks on both. Unfortunately it was auxilary police at Split Lake didn't ask for ID.

Being a radio buff of sorts, I have to wonder if RCMP even has 2-way radio service so far out in the sticks? Or maybe they use satellite coms?

It seems strange that RCMP wouldn't identify the car as belonging to him, if it did. The RAV4 is not a secret piece of evidence; it was a vehicle that the suspects were seen driving, and was later found torched.

So the professor may have borrowed it from a friend, and they are trying to keep the name of the friend out of the media. Which seems reasonable given the circumstances.

In Canada, very little information is released to the public to ensure the integrity of the evidence. A defendant has a right to a fair trial and guilt or innocence is determined by evidence received in court. LE only release information pretrial that may help them in gathering evidence to ensure a conviction.

Here the pretrial strategy used by KK in the Avery trial would be considered crossing the line of ethical conduct and a judge would throw the case out before it ever got to trial.

As already discussed in several of the earlier threads, questions about the man seen in "animated" discussion with LF/CD at around 11:30 at night just hours before they died arose from concerns about the whereabouts of a Texan charged with murder who illegally crossed into Canada in mid-June and has not yet been found.
https://7news.com.au/news/crime/luc...-of-texas-murder-suspect-in-the-area-c-361152
I’m not trying to argue, I just know what her exact words were in the first interview that came out of her mouth so I relied on those, not what media took from it. Maybe she changed what she said after, I only saw her one interview face to face. It all I’m saying is there’s a reason nobody here is scared at all anymore. That’s all I will say because anything further should come from the rcmp with time. But kids are back riding their bikes around in the campgrounds, campgrounds are all full again as usual, everything is back to normal again, and I think that says a lot without saying anything I shouldn’t. But everyone is entitled to an opinion, I actually really like seeing all the different theories and ideas! And it’s nice to know so many people are invested in this and care!

Being a radio buff of sorts, I have to wonder if RCMP even has 2-way radio service so far out in the sticks? Or maybe they use satellite coms?
I would say they would have to rely on satellite phones but that’s a guess. Or maybe in close range they could communicate but not from up there to fort Nelson. Not a chance.

That is the Texas murder suspect that a few folks, myself included feel may be too coincidental. But all speculation. Who knows where this dude is. I certainly don't pretend to know more than LE.

Ok, but that doesn't really belong in this thread.
They are separate cases unless linked by LE which has not been the case.

ETA: It also had nothing to do with the original post of mine which you were replying to. Sorry, I just don't see any connection with those two cases and I believe we have already been asked not to post about him here.

I think there is cell service at Watson Lake, I stayed overnite in Teslin also but I can't remember if I had cell service or internet there.... I can't believe first of my drives was dead middle of winter, all alone, female, from Whitehorse to Southern BC, I always remembered how remote it was btwn Liard Hot Springs and Fort Nelson especially......I would not want to do it again alone. I think that whole road to Ft Nelson I passed only 3 or maybe 4 tops semi trailers otherwise traffic was non existent except for me and my 4x4 suv LOL.
In the winter, it’s very dangerous so mostly locals and truckers. Sooooo many cliffs and too many spots you can easily slip into the lakes and that’s the end. And yes you would need 4 wheel drive!!! Lol
Also as for the cell service in Watson lake-I believe they may have recently got it (in the last 5 years if they even do). AND to make things even more complicated-only certain companies have towers up here so I know Fido/Rogers does not work at all after fort St. John. I would say till Whitehorse. So weird but at least bell and Telus work lol

Just wanting to point out that Professor Dyck did not appear to be particularly physically fit. It will be really helpful to sleuthers when his cause of death is finally released. Meanwhile, I suggest it remains possible that the Professor was found back at the nearby rest stop already deceased where he was discovered by these young noobs who then, in an act of supreme teenage idiocy stole the professor's amply provisioned truck (and burnt their own in the belief that would help them easily get away with the theft.) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth