Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanting to point out that Professor Dyck did not appear to be particularly physically fit. It will be really helpful to sleuthers when his cause of death is finally released. Meanwhile, I suggest it remains possible that the Professor was found back at the nearby rest stop already deceased where he was discovered by these young noobs who then, in an act of supreme teenage idiocy stole the professor's amply provisioned truck (and burnt their own in the belief that would help them easily get away with the theft.) MOO
My only question then would be, if they didn't murder him, or the couple, why run?
Why not just face the authorities and let the evidence speak for itself?
I mean, if I was suddenly wanted on a Canada wide warrant for 3 murders I didn't commit, I'd be like, whoa there bud. Gotta turn myself in.

There's just so much in this case though that doesn't make any sense to me.

Ok, but that doesn't really belong in this thread.
They are separate cases unless linked by LE which has not been the case.

ETA: It also had nothing to do with the original post of mine which you were replying to. Sorry, I just don't see any connection with those two cases and I believe we have already been asked not to post about him here.
I didn't realize that the DW manhunt is off bounds in this thread. Could you point me to that msg? Thanks in advance.

I'm impressed with how much you know about these vehicles. Thank You for your input. You say you don't think the teens would try to steal fuel from Lucas and Chynna. Would the teens know the van used gasoline not diesel?

Just a car nerd and gearhead. I believe if the teens were looking to steal diesel fuel they'd probably be keeping their eyes peeled for heavy duty trucks/off-highway equipment/tractor trailers as targets instead.

Ok, but that doesn't really belong in this thread.
They are separate cases unless linked by LE which has not been the case.

ETA: It also had nothing to do with the original post of mine which you were replying to. Sorry, I just don't see any connection with those two cases and I believe we have already been asked not to post about him here.

Sorry I missed that. I'll remove it.

Police have investigated several new sightings of teen murder spree suspects Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky in the province of Ontario, more than 2000km from the current search area in the tiny town of Gillam

Dramatic development in hunt for highway murder teens

Other reports placed the pair at nearby Moonbeam, with a construction worker claiming the pair were travelling in a white Ford Focus.

The worker claimed Schmegelsky showed him a handgun and was wearing the camouflage shirt seen in their wanted poster as well as a green fishing hat.
Weird time to be flashing that gun around. Seems weird they didn’t flash it to get more fuel than $20 they paid for from a lady. Just seems a little off but honestly who knows with them, they shock me more and more everyday.
And I still think they used a shotgun not a handgun. I would love to know if Kam’s family has any missing guns. It’s been reported they are outdoorsy people (their dream house they built was a log home). They lived outside the city by the photos and media stalking them lol This is just speculation. But it’s MUCH easier to get a shotgun or rifle than a handgun. And by the description of the condition of the victims, I say it wasn’t a handgun. IMO.

Just wanting to point out that Professor Dyck did not appear to be particularly physically fit. It will be really helpful to sleuthers when his cause of death is finally released. Meanwhile, I suggest it remains possible that the Professor was found back at the nearby rest stop already deceased where he was discovered by these young noobs who then, in an act of supreme teenage idiocy stole the professor's amply provisioned truck (and burnt their own in the belief that would help them easily get away with the theft.) MOO
I would think if he died of natural causes and they merely stole his vehicle, which seems to be what you're suggesting, BS and KM likely would not be currently charged with 2nd degree murder in his death. I've never seen an official COD released for LD, but I think law enforcement must have some evidence that shows his death was due to unnatural causes and implicates these 2 in it. MOO

I've been stewing all day about the keys found by the RAV4. They are very clearly burned, so appear to have come from the vehicle (more importantly, there's nothing to preclude it). Also, as several others here have said, the large key appears to be a Toyota key, and I also concur that one of the others is a Quickset, probably a house key.

What's bothering me is how on earth those keys, in plain sight, came to be left there by LE? I have been trying to think up a reasonable explanation, but cannot. LE could not know what those keys are to without examining them, and they also cannot know, even if sure the car key is to the RAV, what the rest are to. People often do mix keychanins, even when they have a vehicle for only a few days (I do it when renting cars overseas, so my suitcase keys are handy). Without looking, or at least securing the EVIDENCE for a later look if needed, none of this can be known.

We do not know, so far as I am aware, whom the RAV4 belongs to. I've been assuming the professor, but no confirmation from LE or family so far as I know. If the car was his, his keys being there, assuming they are all his, isn't as significant, but it might be valuable; it would defeat any defense claim that the two suspects just hotwired the car. If some of those keys belong to the young couple, this might be the only thing tying the suspects to those murders. The point is, nothing about those keys can be known without looking, so why leave them there? It's not as if they would be difficult to move, it'd only take a few seconds to tag and bag.

There was other evidence left lying around, such as a match seen in a news vid. That might well be the only DNA associated with the burned RAV (something they could not know even if they found possible DNA elsewhere - they would not have results back that fast) so why just leave it there. All this seems incredibly bizarre, procedurally.

I've been stewing all day about the keys found by the RAV4. They are very clearly burned, so appear to have come from the vehicle (more importantly, there's nothing to preclude it). Also, as several others here have said, the large key appears to be a Toyota key, and I also concur that one of the others is a Quickset, probably a house key.

What's bothering me is how on earth those keys, in plain sight, came to be left there by LE? I have been trying to think up a reasonable explanation, but cannot. LE could not know what those keys are to without examining them, and they also cannot know, even if sure the car key is to the RAV, what the rest are to. People often do mix keychanins, even when they have a vehicle for only a few days (I do it when renting cars overseas, so my suitcase keys are handy). Without looking, or at least securing the EVIDENCE for a later look if needed, none of this can be known.

We do not know, so far as I am aware, whom the RAV4 belongs to. I've been assuming the professor, but no confirmation from LE or family so far as I know. If the car was his, his keys being there, assuming they are all his, isn't as significant, but it might be valuable; it would defeat any defense claim that the two suspects just hotwired the car. If some of those keys belong to the young couple, this might be the only thing tying the suspects to those murders. The point is, nothing about those keys can be known without looking, so why leave them there? It's not as if they would be difficult to move, it'd only take a few seconds to tag and bag.

There was other evidence left lying around, such as a match seen in a news vid. That might well be the only DNA associated with the burned RAV (something they could not know even if they found possible DNA elsewhere - they would not have results back that fast) so why just leave it there. All this seems incredibly bizarre, procedurally.

They most likely fell out of the car when it was being moved to be towed. Small rusty object falling on a dirt road would be easy to overlook. Maybe they had been partially covered up by all the activity but windstorms revealed them again. Whatever it was I doubt it was a deliberate mistake.

Hes never camped again to this day. Said that was the worst experience of his life.[/QUOTE]
I find t

I agree!!!

I don't think that's rust but scorched, charred keys. If you look at both photos tweeted together, you can see the charred debris on road where the burned vehicle was hauled away.

Toyota keys have a square plastic part on top; it is burned off

Except, if the RAV4 wasn't the Professor's vehicle:
1. Whose was it?
2. Where did it come from?
3. Where is the owner and did owner report it missing/stolen?
4. How did KM/BS get it?

and, most curiously:
5. What happened to the Professor's vehicle?
Ok logically thinking, taking a guess....
Where they murdered LD, it was a pullout in the side of a highway. They would not have killed him in front of someone else (meaning the vehicle would seem to be LDs). Or if they did kill him in front of someone else, why did they not kill the witness? If they did steal someone elses vehicle under any other circumstances, why haven’t they said what that victim saw/knew/described them as, etc like they have disclosed from every other witness. Obviously, most likely I should say, LD was out of town at the pullout. So if his vehicle was left where his body was, it would be a crime scene also. But they never showed us photos of that’s, only KMs. I think how they immediately Said something about possibly driving a rav4 because that was LDs. And also, locals would have said something if it was their vehicle that was stollen. Everyone is talking about this in Dease Lake to Fort Nelson non stop, and now many more! This is just my thinking. Clearly, it’s LDS.

<modsnip: Local "gossip" not allowed.>

Last edited by a moderator:
My only question then would be, if they didn't murder him, or the couple, why run?
Why not just face the authorities and let the evidence speak for itself?
I mean, if I was suddenly wanted on a Canada wide warrant for 3 murders I didn't commit, I'd be like, whoa there bud. Gotta turn myself in.

There's just so much in this case though that doesn't make any sense to me.
I guess I was just projecting the possibility that these are two young guys away from home for the first time in their lives and they stole a car
I would think if he died of natural causes and they merely stole his vehicle, which seems to be what you're suggesting, BS and KM likely would not be currently charged with 2nd degree murder in his death. I've never seen an official COD released for LD, but I think law enforcement must have some evidence that shows his death was due to unnatural causes and implicates these 2 in it. MOO

Agreed. With so little information available I was just trying to patch together alternatives. I suppose if an inexperienced driver accidentally ran over a person, that might also be interpreted as a murder until proven otherwise. MOO. Hopefully, if those two actually have viable explanations for the terrible events of the past few days, they are alive to tell them. MOO

The band's LE personnel may have taken those photos and protected the objects for collection by RCMP. Similar to the truck and camper remnants in BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth