Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do they choose the people to tell their gruesome plans to? What reaction are they hoping for?
My father opened his briefcase to show me the 45 he would have shot his boss that day if his boss had appeared. I was about 14 or 15. I never said anything to anyone. Who would I have told without getting shot? It didn’t seem important since he didn’t do it.
I'm so sorry that happened to you and FWIW, I can imagine that I would have had the same response as you.

I really think people are making it way too complicated. What about them just wanting to wreak havoc around the country then die in a suicide pact? I think it's really that simple. They probably hung around the first murders because they wanted to hear about it in the news, kind of like when killers return to the scene of the crime. Maybe they did that. They were likely fired up after killing two people and not sure what to do next. I think they made plans as they went. The only thing they knew for sure was that they were dying at the end. I don't think they planned when the end would be. Or where it would be. But that's likely why they made no attempt to conceal their identity at all along the way.

I was just thinking something similar. Maybe Breyers dad was right that he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. They murder a few people, wait for the police.....nothing...kill again and burn their vehicle.....nothing....blaze through checkpoints, never hear their names. By the time they burn the RAV maybethey hear about it. Airplane sounds but no sign of a shoot out. By the time they slog down river in clouds of insects they have had enough. Maybe they decided to kill themselves before the bugs did it?

I have been following this story since the beginning so forgive for asking as it may have been discussed, but why it it a surprise to some that two guns were found? We knew the late victims were killed by some type of gun shot, and the RAV was linked to the suspects who IMO likely were the ones who killed all three.
I was one of the people that was surprised that there were two guns. I was thinking one gun. The fact that there were two guns makes me believe that this was more planned than I originally thought.

Wow! I did miss that. I'm going to have to google. I saw that they had played airsoft games and gone on camping trips. I didn't know they lived in the bush for months or years at a time. Amazing.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I don't think Optics meant the suspects "spent years at a time camping in the bush" - rather, the suspects had "years" worth of experience, at camping in the bush.

I was one of the people that was surprised that there were two guns. I was thinking one gun. The fact that there were two guns makes me believe that this was more planned than I originally thought.

I agree. To me anyway, the thought that they each apparently had a gun seems to indicate that they had every plan to use them, and I don't think to hunt food. JMO.

I have every confidence in LE but I am a bit curious about how a suicide's gun would be found "near" his body. An odd turn of phrase, IMO. Not "with" his body or "in his hand" etc. but somewhere near. Probably nothing...
I think it depends on the force of recoil, especially if each used only one hand to hold the gun while shooting. Didn't hear anything about rifles or shotguns so assuming it was handguns.

Speaking of guns, don't real hunters of elk and other beautiful animals use a crossbow? Without getting into any discussion about legalities of crossbows and other details, my only point is that all this hunting talk gives the impression that everyone in Canada is packing and the only people who don't know this are the rest of the world. That is not true, and real hunters use a crossbow.

I was just thinking something similar. Maybe Breyers dad was right that he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. They murder a few people, wait for the police.....nothing...kill again and burn their vehicle.....nothing....blaze through checkpoints, never hear their names. By the time they burn the RAV maybethey hear about it. Airplane sounds but no sign of a shoot out. By the time they slog down river in clouds of insects they have had enough. Maybe they decided to kill themselves before the bugs did it?
Yes. I think they realized that they were not going to get the shootout they wanted and decided to take themselves out because the only resolution they had ever imagined involved their deaths. Their small "victory" was going to be that police would never find them.

Yes. I think they realized that they were not going to get the shootout they wanted and decided to take themselves out because the only resolution they had ever imagined involved their deaths. Their small "victory" was going to be that police would never find them.

Why would they go so far into the wilderness if they wanted a shootout? The Globe and Mail reporters said the searchers were not visible after walking a few meters in...walking 8km in would be overkill....

Can you even imagine how BS and KM families are feeling right now? The guns are enough proof for me that they did this. It was the only sticking point for me. I hadn’t heard of a gun being connected to them. Ugh. So why? What was the point? Did it go as planned? It was pretty anti climatic. Did they buy stolen guns? Maybe that is why they got the walmart jobs.
Indeed olive! It would be interesting to know what items they purchased while Walmart employees (I'm guessing there is an employee discount?). Maybe they purchased things to trade for guns/ammo, on the street?

Early on when they went from missing, to suspects, Port Alberni MSM had interviews and quotes from people in the community. Walmart had told their employees to not talk to media at that time. I wonder why Walmart did that.

Good job by the RCMP , under extreme conditions and in the critical scrutiny of people both within and without Canada. Not a foot wrong, at any stage of the process.
I liked what you wrote above this paragraph.

Let me set aside the mistakes from July 15 to July 18, which allowed murder of Prof. Dyck. It could have been worse, with more victims along highways 97 and 37.

RCMP made quite serious mistakes since July 19 discovery of the burnt red truck with missing teens, and nearby body with missing vehicle.

Photos of the teens, obtained from family, should immediately have been made public by evening of July 19. The public could have been told any story, but LE should have been told they could be involved in 3 murders.

Main team should have completed a methodical ground search from RAV4 location into the bushes, creeks and river.

York Landing search was good for TV, but would have alerted any fugitives long before the search teams arrived.

All of a sudden with word that there were two guns, I realize there is no dominant leader and submissive follower. They were both armed, they were equal, they were a team. They both spent a lot of time gaming as a team against others and they were united in this: no one was being dragged along.
SBM

The more I have read up on the case, the more I suspect these two might be a bit of an oddity as far as murder duos go. I like your descriptor of them as a team. I think that makes sense and might be the best way to characterize it.

I really did have them pegged as a pretty textbook example of dyad killers from the beginning, but I think the fact they were childhood BFFs makes a difference, and so now I question that they are quite so textbook. None of the other murder duos I am aware of featured people with this long of a friendship or even this genuine-seeming of a bond.

A lot of the ones I know about had a friendship spanning a few years, sometimes only a couple of years, and the leader often was sort of vaguely repulsed by the follower and his or her neediness and tended to gladly distance themselves when they got a chance after they got what they wanted or were no longer benefiting from it, but I don't see that here. If anything, they seem very emotionally co-dependent on each other and, I think, genuinely fond of each other.

I still think Kam had more leader-like qualities than Bryer in that he seemed a touch calmer and more confident and more outgoing and I do think he was taking more of a lead on the run while Bryer seemed to be more nervous and paranoid to observers, but I think they were a very united front and probably knew each other so well that they kind of instinctively picked up on what the other one was thinking and doing and needed, and I am sure they had plenty of practice doing that with each other from all the time they spent together gaming and camping. I also wonder if their dynamic was fairly fluid. I have that with some of my friends--not that we kill people or even do anything criminal--but we kind of rotate on who is taking the initiative, depending on the situation at hand.

In any event, it makes me wonder if a murder dyad sibling pair, if they exist, would be more comparable than just murder duos in general for these two.

All MOO

Last edited:
Speaking of guns, don't real hunters of elk and other beautiful animals use a crossbow? Without getting into any discussion about legalities of crossbows and other details, my only point is that all this hunting talk gives the impression that everyone in Canada is packing and the only people who don't know this are the rest of the world. That is not true, and real hunters use a crossbow.

I cannot speak for hunters in Canada, but I have been around hunters my entire life, and while there is a bow season and a gun season for deer where I live, I know many hunters that use both weapons, but far more use guns than bows.

Last edited:
Indeed olive! It would be interesting to know what items they purchased while Walmart employees (I'm guessing there is an employee discount?). Maybe they purchased things to trade for guns/ammo, on the street?

Early on when they went from missing, to suspects, Port Alberni MSM had interviews and quotes from people in the community. Walmart had told their employees to not talk to media at that time. I wonder why Walmart did that.

Do Walmart’s in Canada have a gun department? I thought that was only in the US.

ETA.. gun department

Majority of hunters use a rifle. In hunting season yes majority of people heading out to the wilderness are “packing”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coffee Wakeling 95