CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
at this point, i know it probably doesn't really matter and i'm being nit-picky, but my god why do i keep seeing BS described as having "sandy brown hair" and KM as "dark brown hair"??? is it not the other way around? Look at the widely-circulated photos. Harder to tell with KM (though i still think his hair looks light brown and not dark), but in what world would BS's hair be sandy brown.

Maybe i'm just cranky this morning.
At 6'4 170lbs. They are basically 2 human pencils on the run. .

Agreed, JMO but all this craziness about the bodies being posed in a Nazi salute is simply ridiculous. JMO

I was mortified by the crime scene photos being released on this site, I can't imagine the horror for the parents of these two beautiful souls.

How did these pictures get out to the public? I do not think the RCMP would release crime scene photos, they are usually kept confidential until there is a court case?
Link plz.

Every vehicle in the area has been accounted for. It’s a safe bet that this includes ATVs.

The RCMP undoubtedly know about every stolen vehicle report in the province since these guys got there.

If they somehow got on the train to Winnipeg, it just isn’t that big a city to hide in when everyone knows what you look like.

Every cop in the country is on the lookout for them.

Mike Stack of Whitehorse FB Crime group first posted the photo, according to Jenelle Berreth, who posted the blurred photo in her tweet of July 23 at 11:07 PM.

An extra L shaped blur can be seen on the gravel, at 45 degree angle from the broken rear window.

Someone asked, but I can't find above details in any approved source.

According to Gray Hughes, who has the original photos, the "blurred part here doesn't have anything to do with anything".

Timestamp 4:36

I have looked at the MSM sources for this encounter with the woman but could not find information on where she allegedly dropped off the 2 suspects? Has anyone seen a MSM report?

I have to admit to being baffled by RCMP focus on Gillam if in fact the suspects were dropped further by the woman due south closer to The Pas? Which could put the 2 suspects on their way to points south as of Tuesday and long gone from Gillam.

Google Maps

The focus on Churchill/Hudson Bay access also seems odd IMO as this appears to be a terminal location and its not clear if boats/water access would be readily possible for the suspects?

The info on sightings (at least the public RCMP info) is quite dated too. The press coverage seems to be assuming that the only way out of Gillam is car or foot and nobody seems to be talking about train (freight/passenger) other than that RCMP had this covered with travel alerts or possibly drone coverage.

As others have said, there must be a reason for RCMP buildup of resources in Gillam but with such stale public information it seems plausible that the 2 suspects are not in the area.

MOO

Honestly? I believe the reason for the attention is because they have nothing else to go on. See previous posts. Either hitched out, or took a car/quad that isn't being noticed. Towns like this also have people away for weeks at a time - so a vehicle could well have been taken.

Every vehicle in the area has been accounted for. It’s a safe bet that this includes ATVs.

The RCMP undoubtedly know about every stolen vehicle report in the province since these guys got there.

If they somehow got on the train to Winnipeg, it just isn’t that big a city to hide in when everyone knows what you look like and is on the lookout.

I wouldn't say that's a safe bet. ATVs are not always registered.

What are night temperatures running in that area?
If they've practiced survival in their backyard woods, they may have learned how to stay warm
outside in the bush.
They may be hiding near a source of drinkable water, so that may not be a problem.

How long can they survive without food?
Probably a couple weeks and have they studied
how to find food in the bush?
Maybe this was planned as their final test of
survivability and has become part of their last
childish plan.

I'm guessing that their camping experience consists of taking their camper to a park. I really hope that they don't lie down in a bog and die, never to be found.

Oh, yes. They may well have stolen a quad or two that someone may not know is missing. And something southerners often forget is that people up there work on the honor system. They help each other. Things are unlocked. If someone needs shelter and uses canned food in your cabin, you might find that food mysteriously replenished at a later date, or a pile of firewood instead. They wouldn't need to break in. So when something's missing, there's an assumption someone needed it, and it will come back. Really hard for southerners to wrap our heads around.

There are good local trackers up north, who I assume the RCMP are deploying.

There's so many shacks along the train tracks ,and when they set fire to the vehicle was just before the train and no one was looking for them in mb at that time. There's so many ways they could of left. The only news out is all old even the local gossip is over 24 hrs old jmoo

I'm starting to wonder if they found somewhere outside of Gillam, super remote, but has supplies and they are laying low for awhile. Some fishing cabin that isn't being used, or an abandoned house. I wonder if they did research on how to trap and hunt and what vegetation they'd be able to eat. I know my dad raised me to know these things, I don't know if they learned.

They could just be shacked up. Waiting until the trail goes cold.

The other option very well could be they are dead. They felt cornered in Gillam and ended it on their terms in a swamp. Chances of finding them, slim to none at that point.

And victim choice is interesting... certainly both incidents seem like victims of opportunity.

But a young couple in love, having a good time and a plant prof aren’t the usual type in northern Canada. These two idiots didn’t attack say a trucker, or a logger, or some oil or mine guys on their way north or east to Fort Mac.
Exactly. They killed the gentle, loving, happy people (not to say truckers, loggers, and miners aren't also kind and happy! But you know what I'm saying).

I don't think their victim choice was random and coincidental. They could've easily robbed these victims successfully but chose to destroy them and in turn wound their family, friends, and all of us who realize what bright sparks we've lost in the world. That was done on purpose, imo.

jmo

Last edited:
Good morning and bonjour all,

Interesting article from the CBC this morning where they’ve reached out to psychologists discussing this particular ‘brand’ of criminal behaviour.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bc-killing-suspects-criminal-psychologists-1.5225458

“Lee, who has studied mass killers, said killing sprees often begin as a ‘fun, adventurous prelude before either a suicide pact or a shootout with law enforcement.

‘This killing spree is conceptualized as a final act of retribution against a world that you believe has wronged you in some way.’

Usually when two or more people go on a killing spree together, one tends to be the leader, the psychologists said. Hickey expects McLeod and Schmegelsky to stay together, at least as long as they are in the bush and dependent on each other for survival.

When people are on the run, however, the stress can cause those bonds to fray, Lee said

‘You can see instances where the person who is going along with it suddenly feels way in over their head and realizes that they didn't sign up for this," he said. "And that's the best opportunity, in a way, for this to end peacefully without any more bloodshed.’

Hickey suspects both men had troubled childhoods, which feeds into their violent behaviour”
Great Article, thank you for posting.
Worth reading again for those who are still
wondering about a motive.
To quote an old WS poster, These boys are
run of the mill " Injustice Collectors."

they're angry at their families, their employers,
the world at large and angry that they're stuck in life and very UNHAPPY.

Yes, I agree with the psychologist quoted in the article- they both had troubled, unhappy families. Plus neither had learned adequate
coping skills.
So their motive is to show the world and their families how unjust their lives have been.

If they somehow got on the train to Winnipeg, it just isn’t that big a city to hide in when everyone knows what you look like.

I have no doubt that those that are there have checked and accounted for their vehicles.

But my concern would be that someone leaving the area or not from the area stopped for them and if that person is not able to report their car stolen and no one knows they are "missing" yet, they could be long gone.

I have read comments on the RCMP FB page about checking all the cabins along the 280, maybe someone familiar with the area can tell me.... are these seasonal cabins? Are these cabins that are not lived in 24/7? Hunting cabins? Is it not possible that one might have a quad that no one has noticed is gone yet?

I still think they left the area before Tuesday, but if they didn't, I don't know how they are going to survive the elements.

What approaching car? The first person at the scene was a truck driver, who we know nothing about. He called the RCs.

So many of us are getting confused from time to time - too many people, too many cars, too many places. It rather reminds me of "Who's on first base, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third".

The thing is the most of us think logically. These kids are clearly not logical. Im still caught up on why they needed to burn their trailer after the 1st murder. I mean that was the only initial connection to the murder.

Based on this news article it sounds more like they burned it out of desperation/panic to destroy any evidence or possible leads to them. I didn’t realize that police were on the scene so soon after it had been set ablaze, it must have been quite a quick response if it was still on fire when they arrived, Kam and Bryer were probably not that long gong from the location.

https://www.victoriabuzz.com/2019/0...ver-island-teens-found-ablaze-in-northern-bc/

Attachments

• 76214894-F738-45D6-B818-D0F5A7D3C744.jpeg
    76214894-F738-45D6-B818-D0F5A7D3C744.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 19
And victim choice is interesting... certainly both incidents seem like victims of opportunity.

But a young couple in love, having a good time and a plant prof aren’t the usual type in northern Canada. These two idiots didn’t attack say a trucker, or a logger, or some oil or mine guys on their way north or east to Fort Mac.

Of course it's never a good idea to attack a trucker, logger or oil worker when you're built like a beanpole. Truckers and oil workers are more wary, and truckers without a doubt might have a spare tire iron handy.

People on vacation, however, are easier to pick off. A trucker, on the other hand, you're in for a fight. I'd also advise them to stay away from old, retired navy guys. Just saying.

They are cowards.

Good video update. Gillam looking very grey this morning, consistent with the forecast (post #1199).

The video underscores that this is causing ongoing stress in the Gillam community and no doubt in the Fox Lake Band community. Lots of pressure on the RCMP.

“The conditions have been difficult for police officers too, Courchaine acknowledged, as they comb through the forests in search of the fugitives.

“A lot of them look like they’re working long shifts,” Keele reported from Gillam on Friday. “They’re out there all day and you see them coming back into town… and they look tired too.”

Manhunt for B.C. murder suspects narrows to dense, swampy wilderness

You are right about having lots of pressure on the RCMP. I hope these officers know how much we appreciate their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth