Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha yes... BUT.. she is also 'replying' to a jokey comment posted by the fellow who she did that playacting with, and so she mentions the part that most stands out in her memory with specific reference to 'him'.
... aaaaaaaand...

Well,... why talk about trees and costumes when the *real* fun with that particular person was in getting wild and ruffian and 'pretending' to go whoring for fun and not money, and the imaginary results. She's responding to the 'Aengus' character.

... aaaaaaaand...

I cannot believe Shannon is still missing and we are none the wiser to what happened to her. I am now almost certain, I can never give up completely, that she has met with foul play. As others have said, nobody would torture their family like this, just to get a little space. Unless she is somewhere with amnesia, which I find unlikely, something bad has most certainly happened. The best we can hope for IMO, is that she is being held against her will somewhere - terrified but alive. No matter how wide I cast the net, I can't help coming back to the estranged husband. I could be doing him a huge disservice and I hope I am but I can't help thinking he is involved. My cousin is, what we refer to in the UK as, a 'Lovie', an artiste/actor/thespian/comedian. He has had small successes but, like Shannon, he spends much of his time scouring the entertainment sites and papers for parts. While absolutely captivating and entertaining to be in the company of, he is also flighty and completely unreliable. You can't pin him down for a family dinner or he is often late for get togethers. His finances are frightening and yet he lives a fairly lavish lifestyle. As my mum says, he lives a champagne lifestyle on beer wages! :) If Shannon were like this and JB is used to being the dependable one paying the bills etc I can imagine him snapping, especially when they were no longer in a relationship together.

It is so disappointing that nothing has come to light in this case. I guess it's important to remember though, that it only takes that ONE tip to LE that could initiate a domino effect in figuring out what happened to her and solving this case. The silence of family and friends is deafening to me.

It has got to be so difficult to get through this happy joyous season when there are Christmas lights, ornaments, billboards, tv shows, and music everywhere for people to be constantly reminded even if they might want to forget that it's the season. My heart goes out to all of those who are tortured by having a family member missing and their lives in limbo.

I've had brakes go twice. Once, I was coming down a hill to a stop sign. I slid right through. Thankfully, no on coming traffic. That required immediate repair, no prior warning. Another time, I borrowed my grandpa's car, back out of the driveway and there were no breaks at all. I steered it so it banked a small cement divider between the driveways of the people across the street.

I've been following this case. I'd like to know who, if anyone went to Edmonton with her. I don't necessarily read that she was home yet when she posted on Yuk Yuks. She could have been posting from the road that she didn't make it back in time. Maybe she was just getting home as her husband was going to bed. Maybe she was jacked up on caffeine to stay awake on a long, late drive, so she went out. Maybe she knew where to find people around 12:30am and headed there. I don't have a strong feeling either way with this case. I was leaning towards husband, but I do find it interesting that there's a few people her age range.

I agree Otto. Somehow though due to things that have been said certain reactions of her family and such I think there is a possibillity that Shannon is fed up, and is staying somewhere not willing to let anyone know where she is, just a feeling.

I get a completely different impression of Shannon through her demo reel, her interview, and how her sister presented herself. Nothing in what I have seen would give me the impression that Shannon was the type of person that would deliberately cause her family so much pain.

I'm sorry that I am unable to utilize the search function successfully on this forum. I don't know what I do wrong, but I just come up empty every time. I was looking for a previous post by Lalalacasbah when she posted in the first thread about the lyrics for the video that SB mentioned on her FB as 'sounding about right'..
The original version of this song is by Taylor Swift, and Lala kindly posted the lyrics.. this song was a parody that TS made, "in which she parodies the media's presentation of her as a crazy ex-lover".
In the video posted on SB's facebook for which she made the comment however.. the lyrics were changed by the 'rapper' named 'Transit', when he and a couple others made a 'hip-hop remix' of the song.
It is interesting to listen to the words.
Of course, we can't know for sure which aspect of the video SB was claiming to 'sound about right', whether it was one of the people portrayed in the lyrics, the sound, the chorus, etc., but I'm guessing it was the person in the lyrics who broke the entertainer's heart.
Listen to the 'rap' lyrics starting at 00:43, and then again at 2:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_52MS39Jx8

"I will forever miss the man"... why? Did he go somewhere? Is she going somewhere?

Or is it just chapter's end in their role play?

I thought she posted this because she wasn't playing anymore and used to play. Her friend commented on a news article and deugirtni posted the quote (post#113) where the friend said 'a game she used to play with us'.

I got the impression (from SB's sister at the presser) that SB had been in Edmonton on the weekend prior to her disappearance. I wondered therefore, if she was in Edmonton from the weekend prior (November 22/23) until 9:15pm on Wed. Nov 26th, when SB posted on her FB that she arrived back in Calgary too late to attend the 'swap' event at YukYuk's. If so, that would be about 5 days that she was in Edmonton prior to arriving home in Calgary and then going missing 3 hours later. So either SB was in Edmonton both on the weekend and then again on the Wednesday, or she stayed right through for the 5 days. If 5 days, then it would be easy to see why JB wouldn't panic...... but of course depending on whether it was normal for SB NOT to take her own vehicle. I haven't really seen any indication that the dog still exists. When was the last time she posted a photo or a comment about her beautiful dog?

This is the timeline that I have been able to put together:

Nov 25 (Tues night): 11:54pm (Calgary time) (almost midnight Tuesday) SB made this comment on her FB: "And then the brakes on my car went to ****... Starting to wonder who I pissed off enough to curse me"

Nov 26 (Wed evening): 9:15pm (almost one full day later) SB posted this on Yuk Yuk's Calgary Development Night's FB page: "So sad I didn't make it back into Calgary in time for the show"

Nov 26 (Wed evening): 10:06pm (almost an hour after arriving home from Edmonton) SB made this comment on her FB: "I will forever miss the man who may or may not have knocked me up when I was whoring myself out for funzies... I miss Alliance"

Nov 27 (Wed night just after midnight/Thurs am): 12:30am (only 2.5 hours after making her last public FB post, and only 3.25 hours after arriving back home from presumably Edmonton) - husband reports this is the last time he saw her at which time he reported she was at the matrimonial home; she has never been seen nor heard from since, as far as what has been publicly reported by LE or MSM

Thank you so much for making such a positive contribution to figuring out Shannon's timeline leading up to the time that she vanished!

If she was in Edmonton the weekend before she went missing, and she returned from Edmonton at 9PM on Nov 26 (do we know for sure that she returned from Edmonton that Wednesday?), wouldn't that mean that she was away for several days and not just Wednesday? That would mean that the car trouble happened in Edmonton and that she had the vehicle repaired prior to returning to Calgary.

I dont' know if it was ever stated that the family is close-knit, but I kind of got that impression.. I dont' think they were the kind that had to be slopping over each other and in phone contact every day, but.. it sounds rather healthy to me.. they talk.. SB and brother had plans to attend a theatre together on the Sunday after she went missing.. the family members seem to be on one another's FB friends (not that that means anything at all).. and the fact that the sister is saying that she is always in touch with family or friends.. she calls her her 'baby sister'.. it all 'sounds' good, imho..

Regarding the marriage, from what was said on FB, it sounds like there was no real wedding, just a sudden plan to have a ceremony. So.. what pictures. I wondered the same thing, until I realized.. not many photo opportunities with the way their marriage seems to have happened so abruptly. What was it? Two days notice, even for the groom? SB said this on her FB: "aww. I would invite you all to the wedding if we were having one"

And.. hate to say this.. but.. if nobody is 'liking' SB's post when she got her new dog.. (interestingly, it seems the one family member who 'liked' her post regarding her new dog, was from JB's side).. could it be for a reason? Such as... I have in-laws who keep getting a dog from the pound, or buying a dog, and then giving it up, and giving it up, for one reason or another.. and so.. now I just feel really angry when I hear they got another new dog. If her family may have perhaps felt that SB was not able to care for or commit to a dog? But.. after looking at several of SB's FB posts, I'm not seeing many 'likes' at all from her family members, in regard to *any* of her posts, period. This could mean lack of closeness and support, or it could mean that the family is more private and offers best wishes in private.

I agree, I think they're probably pretty tight knit as a family. They all seem to have overlapping interests as a family which is good and hang out with each other.

And I totally get what you're saying about the dog, your observation might say something about her. Maybe friends and family were rolling their eyes and saying 'oh great, here we go, another impulsive move, she went and got a dog' kinda thing.

If SB is an adventurous and impulsive person, her family might be more worried about her rather than non-supportive. Maybe they wish she'd settle down instead of being flighty. Or maybe they're not super big into FB, my family is half and half with FB.

I'm sorry that I am unable to utilize the search function successfully on this forum. I don't know what I do wrong, but I just come up empty every time. I was looking for a previous post by Lalalacasbah when she posted in the first thread about the lyrics for the video that SB mentioned on her FB as 'sounding about right'..
The original version of this song is by Taylor Swift, and Lala kindly posted the lyrics.. this song was a parody that TS made, "in which she parodies the media's presentation of her as a crazy ex-lover".
In the video posted on SB's facebook for which she made the comment however.. the lyrics were changed by the 'rapper' named 'Transit', when he and a couple others made a 'hip-hop remix' of the song.
It is interesting to listen to the words.
Of course, we can't know for sure which aspect of the video SB was claiming to 'sound about right', whether it was one of the people portrayed in the lyrics, the sound, the chorus, etc., but I'm guessing it was the person in the lyrics who broke the entertainer's heart.
Listen to the 'rap' lyrics starting at 00:43, and then again at 2:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_52MS39Jx8

I found my old post, here's a re-post of it (post #81)

SB posted the Taylor Swift song on her FB on Nov 15th with the comment 'sounds about right…'

I myself have posted lots of songs on FB depending on my moods, and I have seen tons of others post cryptic songs with comments when they go through break-ups, are feeling nostalgic/sentimental, people who are pining for or PO'd at someone, etc.

So here's the lyric's to Taylor Swift's song, I cut out the repeated lyrics. Sorry for the long post too. I hope this is okay to post, mods please let me know if not. The lyrics obviously struck a chord with SB somehow:

Nice to meet you
Where you been?

I could show you incredible things

Magic, madness, heaven, sin

Saw you there and I thought oh my god

Look at that face, you look like my next mistake

Love's a game, wanna play

New money, suit and tie

I can read you like a magazine

Ain't it funny rumors fly

And I know you heard about me

So hey, let's be friends

I'm dying to see how this one ends

Grab your passport and my hand

I could make the bad guys good for a weekend

[Pre-Chorus]

So it's gonna be forever

Or it's gonna go down in flames

You can tell me when it's over

If the high was worth the pain

Got a long list of ex-lovers

They'll tell you I'm insane

Cause you know I love the players

And you love the game

[Chorus]

Cause we're young and we're reckless

We'll take this way too far

It'll leave you breathless

Or with a nasty scar

But I got a blank space baby

And I'll write your name

Cherry lips

Crystal skies

Stolen kisses, pretty lies

You're the king baby I'm your queen

Find out what you want

Be that girl for a month

But the worst is yet to come

Oh no

Screaming, crying, perfect storms

I could make all the tables turn

Rose garden filled with thorns

Keep you second guessing like oh my god

Who is she?
I get drunk on jealousy

But you'll come back each time you leave

Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

[Bridge]

Boys only want love if it's torture

Don't say I didn't say I didn't warn you

[Pre-Chorus]

I'm getting (from the sister's comments at the presser) that she had been in Edmonton on the weekend prior (Nov 22/23).. and we're getting that SB was also out of town (does anyone know for sure whether she was also in Edmonton on the Wed (Nov 26)), prior to her return to Calgary, on the night she went missing.
We can't know however, whether that entailed one trip of 5 days, or 2 separate trips of ? days each, one over the weekend, and one ending on the Wednesday evening.
If she was in some other city when she posted about her brakes, that may or may not have been an urgent thing requiring immediate repair, so.. we don't really know if the brakes had been fixed by the time she returned to Calgary, or if the car was driven 3 hours and then parked until she could afford to take it to a shop. And I guess also depending on whether someone she knows might be able to repair them for her when she got home, or if she would just get them done in Edmonton at a shop.
My guess is that being a young woman, she may panic and just get them fixed right away. MOO
Previously people have posted about her last known contact in Edmonton, but I'm not sure where that info is coming from?

Thank you so much for making such a positive contribution to figuring out Shannon's timeline leading up to the time that she vanished!

If she was in Edmonton the weekend before she went missing, and she returned from Edmonton at 9PM on Nov 26 (do we know for sure that she returned from Edmonton that Wednesday?), wouldn't that mean that she was away for several days and not just Wednesday? That would mean that the car trouble happened in Edmonton and that she had the vehicle repaired prior to returning to Calgary.

Thanks Lala, now if someone has the time to write out the lyrics of Transit's revised wording of the non-chorus parts, that would be excellent ! I would do it, except I'm under the gun here.. but I can do it in a couple of days if nobody else has the time or the desire to do so!..

I found my old post, here's a re-post of it (post #81)

SB posted the Taylor Swift song on her FB on Nov 15th with the comment 'sounds about right…'

I myself have posted lots of songs on FB depending on my moods, and I have seen tons of others post cryptic songs with comments when they go through break-ups, are feeling nostalgic/sentimental, people who are pining for or PO'd at someone, etc.

So here's the lyric's to Taylor Swift's song, I cut out the repeated lyrics. Sorry for the long post too. I hope this is okay to post, mods please let me know if not. The lyrics obviously struck a chord with SB somehow:

Nice to meet you
Where you been?

Magic, madness, heaven, sin

Saw you there and I thought oh my god

Look at that face, you look like my next mistake

Love's a game, wanna play

New money, suit and tie

I can read you like a magazine

Ain't it funny rumors fly

And I know you heard about me

So hey, let's be friends

I'm dying to see how this one ends

Grab your passport and my hand

I could make the bad guys good for a weekend

[Pre-Chorus]

So it's gonna be forever

Or it's gonna go down in flames

You can tell me when it's over

If the high was worth the pain

Cause you know I love the players

And you love the game

[Chorus]

Cause we're young and we're reckless

We'll take this way too far

It'll leave you breathless

Or with a nasty scar

But I got a blank space baby

And I'll write your name

Cherry lips

Crystal skies

Stolen kisses, pretty lies

You're the king baby I'm your queen

Find out what you want

Be that girl for a month

But the worst is yet to come

Oh no

Screaming, crying, perfect storms

I could make all the tables turn

Rose garden filled with thorns

Keep you second guessing like oh my god

Who is she?
I get drunk on jealousy

But you'll come back each time you leave

Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

[Bridge]

[Pre-Chorus]

Thanks Lala, now if someone has the time to write out the lyrics of Transit's revised wording of the non-chorus parts, that would be excellent ! I would do it, except I'm under the gun here.. but I can do it in a couple of days if nobody else has the time or the desire to do so!..

I'll see what I can do or find, I might be on WS sporadically today and see how time prevails about the lyrical breakdown!

I guess the timeline could be updated to add being in Edmonton on the weekend prior?

Nov 22/23 (weekend prior to disappearing): according to SB's sister EM, SB had been in Edmonton during this weekend and EM had spoken to many people who had contact with her during that time.

**If SB had to go back on the Tues or Wed to Edmonton, would she come home (12 hours more driving time/gas/etc to make that extra trip), or would she just stay on in Edmonton for the entire 5 days?**

Nov 25 (Tues night): 11:54pm (Calgary time) (almost midnight Tuesday) SB made this comment on her FB: "And then the brakes on my car went to ****... Starting to wonder who I pissed off enough to curse me"

**insert in here (or wherever it goes) someone who knows??** There is apparently something about knowing that her last contact was with someone in the entertainment industry in Edmonton?

Nov 26 (Wed evening): 9:15pm (almost one full day later) SB posted this on Yuk Yuk's Calgary Development Night's FB page: "So sad I didn't make it back into Calgary in time for the show"

Nov 26 (Wed evening): 10:06pm (almost an hour after arriving home from Edmonton) SB made this comment on her FB: "I will forever miss the man who may or may not have knocked me up when I was whoring myself out for funzies... I miss Alliance"

Nov 27 (Wed night just after midnight/Thurs am): 12:30am (only 2.5 hours after making her last public FB post, and only 3.25 hours after arriving back home from presumably Edmonton) - husband reports this is the last time he saw her at which time he reported she was at the matrimonial home; she has never been seen nor heard from since, as far as what has been publicly reported by LE or MSM

Thanks Lala! I did look really hard for published lyrics from Transit, but although several people have requested, I don't see them published anywhere.. hopefully you wll do better.. I did start to try deciphering them, but takes way too long for me.. GOT TO RUN!!

I'll see what I can do or find, I might be on WS sporadically today and see how time prevails about the lyrical breakdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53