CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Torres just said on 9 news that Dylan's fishing pole was found at the dam of the lake?

If so, then I am very very suspicious of the father. :liar:

Dylan did not walk to that lake. And if he had hitched, someone would have seen him and come forward.

A kidnapper would never have taken him all of the way to the lake so there would not be a fishing pole there.

I'm sorry, but hearing about this fishing pole is putting my Hinky Meter on blast.

If I had such limited ability to spend time with my child, I don't know that I'd want to take off for 4 hours the very day after I picked him up. I'd either wait to run the "errands" or I'd take him with me. Then again, maybe he was the kind of kid who tended to sleep in until 10 a.m., so dad thought he'd let him rest while he went grocery shopping, or to rent some movies for them to watch or whatever.

I'm hoping that we'll get more updates as this story gets more and more attention nationwide.
Sounded like Dylan planned to get up early Monday morning, though, to visit a friend. I wonder what errand was so urgent that dad couldn't first take Dylan to the friend's house so he'd know Dylan was somewhere safe. It doesn't appear Dylan overslept since his dad acknowledged that Dylan was up and dressed when he left to go on his "errands."

If I had such limited ability to spend time with my child, I don't know that I'd want to take off for 4 hours the very day after I picked him up. I'd either wait to run the "errands" or I'd take him with me.

Indeed. We don't know the nature of these errands, though, for all we know it could be a personal matter like chemo or colonoscopy, work related, etc. We just do not know anything about the dad right now, what he does, etc. We can't put all our stock in the word "errands"; this could just be the wording of the reporter. Or perhaps, the details of these errands are not being made public until LE has time to verify all this via video, paperwork, interviews, etc.

On the other end, you look at all the time that went by before LE was notified...this would be ample time to drive out of the area to dispose of a body, etc.

Somethings going to break in the case. I can feel it. I hope its for the good.

Also, I would like to know more about these friends and the hitchhiking thing. They seemed to be quite ready and confidant in this theory. Contrived? Planned? Sorry to say this, but there seems to be more and more cases with juvenile involvement. <edit>Not saying they did anything to him, just saying they may know more, like perhaps this is really a hoax. I hope it is!<edit>

Last night I researched recent attempted abductions in the bordering states, etc. There were some similar situations, attempted abductions on boys within a 360 degree radius, but the average distance on all of these was 7 hours away, but along major connecting routes nonetheless.

It is interesting to see the difference in the way LE is treading around this ("No clues, anything is possible") as opposed to Jessica's case, in which LE was able to announce fairly quickly that the family was ruled out, and that there is a danger to a community because a predator is on the loose. I'm not getting that sense of urgency/danger from them, compared to Jessica's case. That tells me at this point that they have not completely ruled out the dad.

I know some will laugh, but I'm going to take a look at the bear and mountain lion activity out there.

Just some random thoughts. Keep up the good work folks. And thanks for caring.

Indeed. We don't know the nature of these errands, though, for all we know it could be a personal matter like chemo or colonoscopy, work related, etc. We just do not know anything about the dad right now, what he does, etc. We can't put all our stock in the word "errands"; this could just be the wording of the reporter. Or perhaps, the details of these errands are not being made public until LE has time to verify all this via video, paperwork, interviews, etc.

On the other end, you look at all the time that went by before LE was notified...this would be ample time to drive out of the area to dispose of a body, etc.

Also, I would like to know more about these friends and the hitchhiking thing. They seemed to be quite ready and confidant in this theory. Contrived? Planned? Sorry to say this, but there seems to be more and more cases with juvenile involvement.

Last night I researched recent attempted abductions in the bordering states, etc. There were some similar situations, attempted abductions on boys within a 360 degree radius, but the average distance on all of these was 7 hours away, but along major connecting routes nonetheless.

It is interesting to see the difference in the way LE is treading around this (no clues, anything is possible) as opposed to Jessica's case. LE was able to announce that the family was ruled out, and that there is a danger to a community because a predator is on the loose. I'm not getting that sense of urgency/danger from them, compared to with Jessica's. That tells me at this point that they have not completely ruled out the dad.

I know some will laugh, but I'm going to take a look at the bear and mountain lion activity out there.

Maybe Dylan's friends were confident about Dylan hitchhiking because the dad told them this lie when he went to visit them on Monday while allegedly looking for Dylan.

Is it true that they found his fishing pole at the lake? :rose:

If so, I feel like it was staged. I am sorry, but there is no way that Dylan went to that lake all alone carrying his fishing pole. If he wanted to fish he could have gone with his Dad or his friends, who were calling him all morning. WHY DIDNT HE TELL HIS FRIENDS HE WAS GOING FISHING INSTEAD OF MEETING THEM?

And if they found his fishing pole, then he was not abducted by a stranger. No kidnapper was going to take him to the lake and take the fishing pole along. JMO

Sorry, but if his pole was found at the lake, then I believe that Dad staged it. JMO

I'm absolutely on the same page as you. Same paragraph, same sentence. Everything he's said and done has been contradicting and calculated, imo, and when you put it all together in context none of it makes any sense. NONE OF IT. If they find what we all fear, it's going to take tricks and flips to explain it away as innocent happenstance. I've been sitting here trying to play devil's advocate with all of this but I can't come up with enough to make sense of it. jmo, of course.

P.S. I hate hate HATE that my mind has become so jaded in these missing child cases to cast such suspicion on a parent. So many tragedies. :(

I'm trying to narrow down the timeline.

The last time anyone 'heard' from Dylan was 8pm on Sunday, correct? But, that was by text message and it's plausible that someone other than Dylan could have sent a text message from his phone. I'd like to know when was the last time someone either talked to Dylan live on the phone or saw him in person other than his father?

So, the timeline goes:

Friday, November 16th: Dylan's mother says she received a text message from him, that he had arrived at the airport and his father had picked him up (text message included a scowl face -- this sounds like it was genuinely sent by Dylan).

Sunday, November 18th around 8pm: Text messages sent from Dylan's phone to his friends, saying that he is changing plans and will meet them Monday morning instead of Sunday night, as originally planned. I wonder why?

respectfully snipped

I wonder what Dylan and his dad did Friday night through Sunday night at 8 pm???

As far as the last sighting of Dylan.. other than dad..I see it as mom dropping off Dylan at the airport (or whoever did drop him off... I am assuming mom).....

(of course there were people on the plane(s) and airline employees).. then dad picked Dylan up... I would be very interested in the surveillance videos at the airport where dad picked him up..

Hopefully they would show what directions Dylan and dad went from the airport...

JMO

Many of us were waiting for this discovery since dad mentioned Dylan's fishing pole was missing. Does dad check the location of Dylan's fishing rod on a daily basis? How did he even know that it was missing on this date? A neighborhood kid could have stolen it from the garage weeks ago.

Where is Dylan's backpack?

I mentioned a couple of pages back that dad said in the article released today, something like "I was really surprised it took them so long to search the lake because they knew from day one that he LIKELY had his fishing pole." This made me think he didn't immediately recognize that the pole was missing like one would notice a kid's bike was missing but in retrospect in might sound reasonable.

Where IS the backpack? If the fishing pole is ID'ed as Dylan's and is found near the lake, is the backpack somewhere close? Does he swim with his backpack on?

I can't imagine Dylan deciding to go fishing alone... and then not texting anyone about (his friends, his mom, his big bro).

Where IS the backpack?

Dear God, just the mention of the word "backpack" makes me think of Jessica, bless her sweet heart.

So this "fishing pole" could very well be fuctioning similar to Jessica's "backpack": Planted.

I mentioned a couple of pages back that dad said in the article released today, something like "I was really surprised it took them so long to search the lake because they knew from day one that he LIKELY had his fishing pole." This made me think he didn't immediately recognize that the pole was missing like one would notice a kid's bike was missing but in retrospect in might sound reasonable.

Where IS the backpack? If the fishing pole is ID'ed as Dylan's and is found near the lake, is the backpack somewhere close? Does he swim with his backpack on?

This monster was not very smart and screwed up by not leaving the backpack beside Dylan's fishing pole.

Looking for locals who can answer a question for me. I am in Colorado, but am only marginally familiar with the area Dylan went missing from.

I noticed on reporter Kevin Torres' facebook page, he talked about how he was kind of enjoying not getting internet service most of the time.

My question is- how is the wifi/3g/4g/cell service there?

Maybe all these comments about Dylan not texting his friends or what not is because at Dylan's house he had no service? Perhaps he hadn't told his dad he planned to hitch a ride with him to town, and so dad left in the morning, and when Dylan woke up and realized his dad had left he decided to go fishing instead...taking his phone and charger in hopes he could get a cell signal and have a friend come pick him up? If he wanted to stay the night at a friend's I could see him taking his charger with him...

Also, the charger could have been in his backpack just because that's where he put it when he packed his stuff for the trip to dad's, and he grabbed his backpack on his way out the door to go fishing. My daughter goes back and forth between my house and her dad's house, and she carries her backpack with her everywhere. She has her ipod in it, her charger, a book she's reading, etc...

Maybe on the way from the airport Dylan mentioned to his dad he wanted to go see his buddies sometime during his visitation with dad and that's how dad knew to go check with the friends when his son couldn't be found?

Does anyone know just how long he was going to spend at dad's? A few days? A week?

Honestly, I feel fairly confident dad is involved and Dylan didn't run off...but I want to be sure to try to think up every plausible scenario.

If foul play was involved, it would be very convenient for someone to put rocks or bricks in the backpack while Dylan was wearing it. I mentioned this 1-2 pages back.

If this is the case, it would be obviously homicide. Was dad (assuming him) confident that the body won't be found since it was weighted down, but thinking Dylan would be presumed drowned when his fishing pole is found?

Also, I would like to know more about these friends and the hitchhiking thing. They seemed to be quite ready and confidant in this theory. Contrived? Planned? Sorry to say this, but there seems to be more and more cases with juvenile involvement. >edit>Not saying they did anything to him, just saying they may know more, like perhaps this is really a hoax. I hope it is!<edit>

It is interesting to see the difference in the way LE is treading around this ("No clues, anything is possible") as opposed to Jessica's case, in which LE was able to announce fairly quickly that the family was ruled out, and that there is a danger to a community because a predator is on the loose. I'm not getting that sense of urgency/danger from them, compared to with Jessica's. That tells me at this point that they have not completely ruled out the dad.

Thank you for the great post. I agree with many of your thoughts.

There were two that I bolded. One was the idea set forth by his friends that he was hitchhiking and possibly abducted. I thought that was a distinct possibility, UNTIL I heard about the fishing pole at the lake.

If he was picked up by a crazy killer, then I doubt the killer would drive him to the lake and leave the fishing pole there. Too many ways to be spotted by someone. if a crazy killer picked him up hitchhiking, his work is done. Imo, he is going to disable the door locks and pull a weapon and take the child to a secret and private location, not a public lake.

So it seems to me that the fishing pole rules out the scenario of an abduction while hitchhiking.

So the other scenario would be that Dylan went to the lake to go fishing and he met with foul play OR fell in and drowned. But that leave a lot of unanswered questions. How did he get to the lake? How come no one has come forward to say they gave him a ride? Or that anyone saw him getting a ride or walking there?

And more strange, WHY wouldn't Dylan answer his friends calls or texts that day? If he decided to just go off fishing, why not tell them? They were waiting for him so why wouldn't he tell them his change of plans? That makes no sense.

So as for your thoughts of wild animals, while I agree that he could have become a victim of a bear or a mountain lion, it still does not answer the major questions. HOW did he get to the lake, and WHY didn't he tell his friends that he wasn't going to go meet them?

<snipped>

It is interesting to see the difference in the way LE is treading around this ("No clues, anything is possible") as opposed to Jessica's case, in which LE was able to announce fairly quickly that the family was ruled out, and that there is a danger to a community because a predator is on the loose. I'm not getting that sense of urgency/danger from them, compared to Jessica's case. That tells me at this point that they have not completely ruled out the dad.

I've been thinking the same about this case vs Jessica's and the only similarity is that they're both in Colorado. Her family was united from the start, cleared quickly and like you said, LE seemed to zero in on what kind of predator they were looking for. They communicated regularly with the public, released information about public safety, asked for help with tips and had an abundance of evidence. This case seems to be the exact opposite. I've come to the same conclusion you have about not ruling dad out. It's just a question of how focused on him they are, imo. Also the silence from the rest of the family on him is .. unsettling(?).

P.S. I hate hate HATE that my mind has become so jaded in these missing child cases to cast such suspicion on a parent. So many tragedies. :(
In most cases, even those in which most posters suspect family involvement early on, I am one of the last to suspect family. This is one of those rare cases in which I have felt suspicious of the dad from the beginning.

Looking for locals who can answer a question for me. I am in Colorado, but am only marginally familiar with the area Dylan went missing from.

I noticed on reporter Kevin Torres' facebook page, he talked about how he was kind of enjoying not getting internet service most of the time.

My question is- how is the wifi/3g/4g/cell service there?

Maybe all these comments about Dylan not texting his friends or what not is because at Dylan's house he had no service? Perhaps he hadn't told his dad he planned to hitch a ride with him to town, and so dad left in the morning, and when Dylan woke up and realized his dad had left he decided to go fishing instead...taking his phone and charger in hopes he could get a cell signal and have a friend come pick him up? If he wanted to stay the night at a friend's I could see him taking his charger with him...

Also, the charger could have been in his backpack just because that's where he put it when he packed his stuff for the trip to dad's, and he grabbed his backpack on his way out the door to go fishing. My daughter goes back and forth between my house and her dad's house, and she carries her backpack with her everywhere. She has her ipod in it, her charger, a book she's reading, etc...

Maybe on the way from the airport Dylan mentioned to his dad he wanted to go see his buddies sometime during his visitation with dad and that's how dad knew to go check with the friends when his son couldn't be found?

Does anyone know just how long he was going to spend at dad's? A few days? A week?

Honestly, I feel fairly confident dad is involved and Dylan didn't run off...but I want to be sure to try to think up every plausible scenario.

The friends said that they were texting and calling Dylan's phone all day. So I wonder if they got his answer messages or if it just didn't go through. My parents have a summer cabin that gets no cell service. If I call my kids on their cells when they are there, I usually get no rings, and an instant voice message, like the cell is turned off. And then if the kids go into town, they get all of the messages at once.

Dylan's mom got a message from him when Dad picked him up but nothing after that. I wonder where he was when he sent his friends the 'change of plans messages'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr