Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to find it mentioned on the you tube of the PC of 2/2. It is 17:23 long...I have listened twice, is there an appx time stamp?

7:26 the part here is in response to the male reporter trying to get confirmation that the sheriff agrees video shows Gannon not returning. She then talks about public scrutiny of evidence, pursuing potential justice etc.

Last edited:
This posting which follows may veer off-topic. But as it is a reply to a posting about a particular publication the poster has challenged to not be considered "mainstream media (MSM)," a tag about which we seem constantly to be debating in these Websleuths forums, I thought some elaboration about the terms "tabloid" and "MSM" to be in order and also possibly instructive for those without a newspaper journalism background, which I happen to have.

Actually, and technically, "NervousNellie," vis-à-vis your assertion about The Sun newspaper and use of the term "tabloid," a tabloid may be just as much "mainstream media (MSM)" as a broadsheet. For some examples, The Boston Herald and The New York Daily News are both tabloids, but also considered just as much "MSM" as each's broadsheet competitor, namely, The Boston Globe and The New York Times.

The term "tabloid" has become widely misconstrued to imply a largely non-fact-based, gossip-mongering, sensationalist scandal sheet, when, in professional newspaper parlance, the term is actually only to describe a size and physical format of a newspaper, not an editorial and/or reporting style.

Tabloid newspapers, which are designed with smaller sheets, are more horizontally-focused (like a periodical), but are not pre-folded, attained greater popularity among the working class due to their greater ease of handling and reading on public transit (buses and subways) than broadsheets, which have longer, vertical sheets, are pre-folded, and which remain more popular by subscription circulation (home delivery and institutional), compared to tabloid dominance via hawkers (persons physically selling papers), newsstand and newspaper vending machine distribution, a/k/a "on-street sales."

Although, USA Today was founded partly on the premise it could attain a large circulation and readership via on-street sales even with its broadsheet design, a kind of generic "national newspaper" and also the first daily newspaper to widely utilize color graphics and photographs, years ahead of many city-based dailies.

The Sun (published in London, England and in the Republic of Ireland) actually began as a broadsheet in 1964, then switched to tabloid publishing in 1969, at which point it was sold to Rupert Murdoch's News Corp UK & Ireland Limited (which had also owned the now-defunct, very sensationalist Sunday-published tabloid News of the World). But The Sun is an actual newspaper and registered as such, so would be considered a "MSM" newspaper just as much as The Times (orig. broadsheet, now compact, which is a hybrid of broadsheet and tabloid) and The Sunday Times (broadsheet), also now owned by Murdoch's publishing group since 1981. Murdoch also owns The New York Post (tabloid perceived to have a politically conservative, working-class readership), but had also at one time owned The Village Voice (also a tabloid, and a leftist stalwart since its inception in 1955); in fact purchased the Voice in 1977 for $7+ million and sold it in 1985 for $55 million to help finance the FOX broadcasting network. Murdoch's only ideology when it comes to his media holdings is the financial bottom line.

Now, all that said, I seem to recall somewhere in my professional journalism career and education there were commissioned studies to ascertain the differentials among the readers of tabloids versus broadsheets, such that tabloid papers (such as The NY Post) are written for a fourth grade reading comprehension level while broadsheets (such as The NY Times) are written for a sixth grade reading level, etc. But there has always been a debate about that issue, which, of course, could be affected by which entity/entities commissioned the comprehension level studies and so forth. Also, many newspapers are often defined as being identified with a particular political ideology-- i.e., "a liberal (Democrat, Labour) newspaper" "conservative (Republican, Tory) newspaper" or "middle-of-the-road paper." Assume, then, what you will about the differences between the editorial styles of newspapers.

And since the Internet achieved popularity in the 1990s, increasingly newspaper (and periodicals) traditions are disappearing anyway, with many more persons obtaining their information online, so no broadsheet or tabloid differential there, except perhaps a virtual one when we see a thumbnail image of the hard copy on the title's website and on Wikipedia.

Also, who is to say a sensationalist information source (such as The National Enquirer or The Star) is not also sometimes just as valid an info. source as one perceived as more traditionally "respectable," such as USA Today, The New York Times or The Chicago Tribune? For example, in 2007 the Enquirer broke the story about then-married Democrat vice presidential nominee, former Senator John Edwards' affair with film producer Rielle Hunter, the reportage of which nearly earned the Enquirer a Pulitzer Prize, a situation most galling to so-called "MSM."

In fact, also increasingly, "MSM" is becoming more sensationalist, certainly in terms of the major broadcast television networks (ABC, CBS and NBC, FOX began as such). Both ABC's 20/20 and NBC's Dateline TV magazine programs have been accused of practicing "checkbook journalism" (paying for its sources), considered unethical among professional journalists. But then, at one time, who would ever have thought we'd see the day when attorneys at law would be permitted to advertise on TV either? And the way the trends appears headed, we might assume physicians and surgeons will be the next professions to hawk their services on TV, perhaps offering cut-rate appendectomies and mastectomies with coupons. We would then know we have reached the dead end of professional ethical integrity.
I must say I leaned so much reading your post, wow! Thanks for knowledge sharing

Sure. That makes perfect sense. But the claim was made here (at least I thought it was) that LE could have forced only TS to leave in order to preserve evidence.

I'm leaning towards believing it wasn't LE that had a hand in TS leaving but family friction (as some have suggested.)
Edited to add: JMO

Who said that? If LE was preserving evidence they would’ve made everyone leave. If they issued an EPO to AS, they could’ve made just TS leave.

Trusting the process

The sheriff's office says they know how invested the public has become in the case and understand the community's desire to know as much as possible.

But they maintain that they cannot release more information than they already are without compromising the investigation.

"Unfortunately, we live in a society where the need to know is more than it has ever been in that demand to know ... there is nothing that the sheriff's office is going to release to satisfy the public curiosity over and above what we have because that would compromise the integrity of this investigation. And we're not going to do that to Gannon and we're not going to do that to Gannon's family," Kirby said on Feb. 18.

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 3 weeks

I think this is what is new in the update.

Police investigating after body discovered in northwest Colorado Springs

I don’t know if this is relevant to this case yet. A body was found this afternoon in Colorado Springs. Other articles have stated it’s a male body, but LE hasn’t officially commented yet.

what I find interesting is it is located on the route between GS home and the larkspur search area. In fact it is also located on the route between “store that shall not be named” (10 min away) and larkspur search area.

MOO
Didn't someone here state it was an adult?

This posting which follows may veer off-topic. But as it is a reply to a posting about a particular publication the poster has challenged to not be considered "mainstream media (MSM)," a tag about which we seem constantly to be debating in these Websleuths forums, I thought some elaboration about the terms "tabloid" and "MSM" to be in order and also possibly instructive for those without a newspaper journalism background, which I happen to have.

Actually, and technically, "NervousNellie," vis-à-vis your assertion about The Sun newspaper and use of the term "tabloid," a tabloid may be just as much "mainstream media (MSM)" as a broadsheet. For some examples, The Boston Herald and The New York Daily News are both tabloids, but also considered just as much "MSM" as each's broadsheet competitor, namely, The Boston Globe and The New York Times.

The term "tabloid" has become widely misconstrued to imply a largely non-fact-based, gossip-mongering, sensationalist scandal sheet, when, in professional newspaper parlance, the term is actually only to describe a size and physical format of a newspaper, not an editorial and/or reporting style.

Tabloid newspapers, which are designed with smaller sheets, are more horizontally-focused (like a periodical), but are not pre-folded, attained greater popularity among the working class due to their greater ease of handling and reading on public transit (buses and subways) than broadsheets, which have longer, vertical sheets, are pre-folded, and which remain more popular by subscription circulation (home delivery and institutional), compared to tabloid dominance via hawkers (persons physically selling papers), newsstand and newspaper vending machine distribution, a/k/a "on-street sales."

Although, USA Today was founded partly on the premise it could attain a large circulation and readership via on-street sales even with its broadsheet design, a kind of generic "national newspaper" and also the first daily newspaper to widely utilize color graphics and photographs, years ahead of many city-based dailies.

The Sun (published in London, England and in the Republic of Ireland) actually began as a broadsheet in 1964, then switched to tabloid publishing in 1969, at which point it was sold to Rupert Murdoch's News Corp UK & Ireland Limited (which had also owned the now-defunct, very sensationalist Sunday-published tabloid News of the World). But The Sun is an actual newspaper and registered as such, so would be considered a "MSM" newspaper just as much as The Times (orig. broadsheet, now compact, which is a hybrid of broadsheet and tabloid) and The Sunday Times (broadsheet), also now owned by Murdoch's publishing group since 1981. Murdoch also owns The New York Post (tabloid perceived to have a politically conservative, working-class readership), but had also at one time owned The Village Voice (also a tabloid, and a leftist stalwart since its inception in 1955); in fact purchased the Voice in 1977 for $7+ million and sold it in 1985 for $55 million to help finance the FOX broadcasting network. Murdoch's only ideology when it comes to his media holdings is the financial bottom line.

Now, all that said, I seem to recall somewhere in my professional journalism career and education there were commissioned studies to ascertain the differentials among the readers of tabloids versus broadsheets, such that tabloid papers (such as The NY Post) are written for a fourth grade reading comprehension level while broadsheets (such as The NY Times) are written for a sixth grade reading level, etc. But there has always been a debate about that issue, which, of course, could be affected by which entity/entities commissioned the comprehension level studies and so forth. Also, many newspapers are often defined as being identified with a particular political ideology-- i.e., "a liberal (Democrat, Labour) newspaper" "conservative (Republican, Tory) newspaper" or "middle-of-the-road paper." Assume, then, what you will about the differences between the editorial styles of newspapers.

And since the Internet achieved popularity in the 1990s, increasingly newspaper (and periodicals) traditions are disappearing anyway, with many more persons obtaining their information online, so no broadsheet or tabloid differential there, except perhaps a virtual one when we see a thumbnail image of the hard copy on the title's website and on Wikipedia.

Also, who is to say a sensationalist information source (such as The National Enquirer or The Star) is not also sometimes just as valid an info. source as one perceived as more traditionally "respectable," such as USA Today, The New York Times or The Chicago Tribune? For example, in 2007 the Enquirer broke the story about then-married Democrat vice presidential nominee, former Senator John Edwards' affair with film producer Rielle Hunter, the reportage of which nearly earned the Enquirer a Pulitzer Prize, a situation most galling to so-called "MSM."

In fact, also increasingly, "MSM" is becoming more sensationalist, certainly in terms of the major broadcast television networks (ABC, CBS and NBC, FOX began as such). Both ABC's 20/20 and NBC's Dateline TV magazine programs have been accused of practicing "checkbook journalism" (paying for its sources), considered unethical among professional journalists. But then, at one time, who would ever have thought we'd see the day when attorneys at law would be permitted to advertise on TV either? And the way the trends appears headed, we might assume physicians and surgeons will be the next professions to hawk their services on TV, perhaps offering cut-rate appendectomies and mastectomies with coupons. We would then know we have reached the dead end of professional ethical integrity.
Nice post.

They weren’t there on the night involving the garage door. Earlier in the day they left, and DA May arrived. Just after midnight, the garage door story was Tweeted.

Ultimately that was completely innocent, as deputies scared what I believe was the CSI people.
Yeah, I remember that but I thought the reporter said they frightened the 'homeowners inside.' I thought that was strange since at that time I thought it was a crime scene. Imo

Didn't someone here state it was an adult?
LE haven’t confirmed anything as yet from the articles I’ve read. Although I have read that news crews have stated they saw it as a male. Most likely isn’t GS.

What I find interesting is that a body was found on the direct route between GS house and the main search area LE has focused on as well within the rumored route that TS had taken the day of the disappearance.
MOO

I believe it was changed to 'Endangered' because GS has a medical condition that requires daily medication and he is without his medication.
I took notes during the first press conference, these were the reasons they gave for the “endangered” characterization:

Cold weather, the passage of time, his age, and specific medication that he needs.

Is this true in Colorado? I was under the impression that EPOs still need to go through a judge.

That’s not hard to do. EPO’s are like search or arrest warrants. You get a judge to sign off on them even in the middle of the night. EPO’s only last until the victims can get into court and apply for a TRO.

I agree. With all the input from our local posters, there are plenty of crevices or cliffs in the area. All you need to do is to drive up close, take him out of the vehicle and shove him over the edge. The fall would most likely kill him or injure him to the point that he could not climb out or yell for help. The cold would finish him off if he was still living. (sorry for the graphic). You wouldn't have to be able to carry him, just drag him to the edge. Get back inside the car and finish your shopping.
There was a case, I think it was a couple of years ago, a stepdad was charged after his little stepson fell while on a hike. That was accidental (I think stepdad was under the influence and that is why he was charged). So yeah, if you are actually trying to get rid of someone, not that difficult. Sadly. I'm praying G-man's family gets him back at the very least.
Man charged in death of 7-year-old boy who fell while hiking west of Colorado Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487