Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant find the answer so I'm asking here, are any updates or statements that the families publicly make via social media, from their page (not Tee and her many "hacked" pages) ....but pages that are obvious Gannons mom and aunt etc... are their comments allowed here? Sorry if that has been stating but I'm asking before I answer the prescription med question, because Gannon's mom did address that.

No, their comments are not allowed here. And yes, there are many statements on those various pages. Yes, Gannon's mom has addressed many questions we have, but we have to wait to discuss them.

Nope, no PD if not charged. And that's one reason why most DA's don't file charges before they are ready, because they know they have to deal with a lawyer the instant they do.

Many private criminal defense attorneys would offer free services in a high profile case like this one, before charges are laid, with the understanding that LS would hire one of them thereafter, if charged. Most counties will pay a pretty good fee to that private attorney in place of a PD handling the case, as it costs the County an extra amount to pay the PD's office to defend in such a complex case, anyway. There are legal and financial reasons why counties do this, but naturally, it creates a pool of eager criminal defense attorneys.

You'd still have the question of when that could occur. When could it occur? He leaves at 10:13 and does not come back. If you have a theory that he was sleeping in the truck and got out later, well, there would be video of that. HH has employment and employment records.

How anyone could accidentally get enough speed in a garage (or why such a person would be moving a few inches in a closed garage while two other vehicles sit in the driveway - as they clearly do on Monday afternoon - well, I can't see a way for that to happen.

Garage door would have to be closed, the driver would have had to deliberately hit him. Enough to bleed, if you're referring to LS's statements about blood in the garage. All of that without the car going into or coming out of the garage - and LE has obviously put luminol in the house, so they know where the blood is. If there's blood on the third car's tires, they know that too.

This case would be going very differently if there was evidence that someone hit Gannon in the garage with a very slowly moving car. He would have had to be crushed by the weight of the car, not just knocked to the ground and I do not buy that that's an accident.

If that's what happened before LS put Gannon in the truck at 10:13, then Gannon doesn't look too badly injured at that point (and again, since there are two cars in the driveway, it would have had to be done with the garage door closed - very little room to maneuver). LE obviously has video of the entire day and several days before.

We got glimpses inside their garage as well, which was cluttered enough that just to get the third car in there would have required some rearranging (not impossble, but very unlikely) And the whereabouts of each family member on that day (HH was at work) must be known to LE.

Again, that would mean that you have buy that Gannon came home with LS, unseen, and got out of the truck, unseen, and that HH came home, unseen. Someone would have had to move the SUV out of the driveway, since that's the only side of the garage where a car could fit.
Agreed. For this to happen, we have to accept that the timeline might be fuzzy. The video stamp might not be what it seems. Or Gannon returned to the house in some way that is not captured on the video clip in question. In other cases that hit the media, new information sometimes comes out that changes how we think about the timeline or reverses what we thought we “knew.” I leave the possibility of this open.

Last week they were sifting through snow looking for something.

The week of 3 Feb they were doing underwater searches (which I kind of forgot about).

IMO, they are clearly thinking evidence was disposed of in connection to Gannon's disappearance. Which leads me back to cell phone/gps/some gadget data, as an example, potentially leading them to these locations. OR - did a witness come forward that places a certain someone in these areas? Whatever item(s) they are looking for is a big deal to LE and this investigation. I guess the possibilities are endless.

CPW said its Marine Evidence Recovery Team searched a small pond near Colorado Springs using the vehicle, which has a device to retrieve evidence underwater.

It was at least the second time the crews have searched in the area, though law enforcement officials declined to get into specifics on exactly where they were searching and why.

Crews use submersible, sonar-equipped vehicle to search water bodies for Gannon Stauch

MassGuy, you express my own thoughts exactly. And to expand, while I believe his injury was not severe enough for Gannon to succumb, it was enough to impair him. TS's video convinced me of an internal injury and he was coughing to prevent aspirating his own blood. Its normal to spit it out, so I would look for evidence throughout the house and around that gate.

Also, allowing him to go to school with such an injury would result in discovery, followed by a mandated report to CPS and LE. As a teacher, she is well aware of that fact. She kept him home, and worse, did not seek medical attention.

With all that is so horrifying in this case, I am comforted knowing that when his father met with evidence, he acted in his son's best interest and ejected TS from his home. And despite their past, his father is respectful of his son's mother, and they are united in their love for him.

BBM

Yes to ALL of this! Hindsight is 20/20, I just wish he'd "ejected" T sooner and maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion about Gannon. I think she had resentment & animosity toward him for awhile. Guaranteed there were troubling "signs" with her, but who would ever think it would come to this?! Gannon had no choice to have T in his life. Kids are good readers of people, but they're also innocent & trusting. So sad and beyond heartbroken for Gannon!

Agreed. I don’t believe any of what she says, but I do believe what she suggests... that she does know what happened to Gannon.
Yes, because she’s so likely entirely responsible for it.

One of the reasons Narcissists repeat the implausible and even fantabulous and fantastical, even when presented with contrary known facts (Chris Watts), is because they live in perpetual false reality, where whatever is in their own head is what they’re telling others. They’re always special, superior, entitled, suffering from victimization, incapable of being imperfect, etc, in their own minds. They lie to others because they lie to themselves and can’t tolerate any story where they’re not the hero/heroine or victim. They are never the villain. Never. The one that tragically crossed my path will even shake her head vehemently, much like a toddler with its hands over its ears shouting “La La La, No!”, when confronted with facts, and then she just starts repeating her crazy story, while shaking her head indignantly.

I believe LS is simply telling a story that she likes to tell in her own head.

Guys, I'm sorry but I feel uncomfortable with people posting detailed theories of HH's involvement. I don't think that is allowed here. I believe it was stated that the only thing that could be discussed about her was the interview that was done early on. She is a minor and a family member (so therefore a victim as well).

As you should. Only the interview, during which no mention of garages or injuries is made.

I am ready for Gannon to be found and to see SM arrested. There is so much information out there about her that we can’t discuss but I’m anxious to read search warrants and her arrest warrant, as I believe we will learn that LE has known all along what we believe to be true.

In the grainy driveway video it appears (I may be wrong) that she has a backpack on her back when she walks to the truck when it is parked in front of the house. In the missing person report it states "no backpack with him". I wonder if she did leave a backpack with him...so it is staged to look like he did possibly run away and did have a backpack of personal items with him.

With this, I would agree with previous posts, that he will be found closer to home....within a few miles perhaps? Her travels that day may have just been to dispose of evidence far from home or to buy items needed to cover it all up.

I’ve never noticed cameras at the entrance. I may drive by today and look. Even on a crowded a Sunday, my husband and I can go back behind balanced rock and find trails that go on for miles and be all alone.

I can't recall about cameras either. That's a good point and possible reason for the weekend hike as sort of a "scouting the area" visit. Agreed it would be much less crowded on a Monday and she could find trails/areas where she wouldn't be seen, but what about parking and forcing an injured, weakened child out of the car and getting him to the trail that was out of sight? Even on a Monday there would be a pretty decent chance someone would see her doing that and think, wow that seems odd why is that lady taking that sick/injured child hiking? I guess even if they saw this odd scene, someone might just drive off and not saying anything or see if this adult & child needed help, but this scenario involves a lot of "ifs" and too many chances to be seen. Do let us know what you find out about cameras there @Rockymtnmermaid !

With all that is so horrifying in this case, I am comforted knowing that when his father met with evidence, he acted in his son's best interest and ejected TS from his home. And despite their past, his father is respectful of his son's mother, and they are united in their love for him.

Yes..I thought the same thing!
I bet after he saw what he saw he came right home and threw her out. She didn’t even have time to pack it seems. MOO

In the grainy driveway video it appears (I may be wrong) that she has a backpack on her back when she walks to the truck when it is parked in front of the house. In the missing person report it states "no backpack with him". I wonder if she did leave a backpack with him...so it is staged to look like he did possibly run away and did have a backpack of personal items with him.

With this, I would agree with previous posts, that he will be found closer to home....within a few miles perhaps? Her travels that day may have just been to dispose of evidence far from home or to buy items needed to cover it all up.

There is almost no shopping in south Douglas county, Palmer Park, and Larkspur. There may be some small retail places in Larkspur and Palmer Park, but a (MOO striking) woman would stand out there more than big-box retail, of which there are many closer to Lorson Ranch.

I bet after he saw what he saw he came right home and threw her out. She didn’t even have time to pack it seems. MOO
And yet she complained that his ex-wife was staying at their home. Gannon was missing. Who gives a flying rat’s behind about petty differences, old history, or unresolved conflicts. You suck it up, start adulting, and put your focus on the welfare of that missing child.

Yes, because she’s so likely entirely responsible for it.

One of the reasons Narcissists repeat the implausible and even fantabulous and fantastical, even when presented with contrary known facts (Chris Watts), is because they live in perpetual false reality, where whatever is in their own head is what they’re telling others. They’re always special, superior, entitled, suffering from victimization, incapable of being imperfect, etc, in their own minds. They lie to others because they lie to themselves and can’t tolerate any story where they’re not the hero/heroine or victim. They are never the villain. Never. The one that tragically crossed my path will even shake her head vehemently, much like a toddler with its hands over its ears shouting “La La La, No!”, when confronted with facts, and then she just starts repeating her crazy story, while shaking her head indignantly.

I believe LS is simply telling a story that she likes to tell in her own head.

Narcissistic/Borderline types can be scary and vindictive (I'm talking the extreme end of the continuum) so they are used to having their outrageous stories go unchallenged. They are exactly like that toddler you describe and have exactly the same sense of what is truthful (kids don't know about lying until pre-school at the earliest, and many don't have it down until later). It requires a "theory of other minds" to know that lies don't work.

This type of personality (which in its Borderline form borders on psychosis) has been documented for more than a century.

Your characterization is really good and that's how I see LS as well. In her written statement to Fox31, as she tries to structure her thinking, it keeps going back to "how do I include a pat on the back for myself? Oh! I am so loved that they made me a flower pot!"

NPD people often believe that people come in two categories (determined by themselves): Good and Evil. They are capable of flipping someone from one category to another in an instant, over any perceived narcissistic injury (anything that makes the narcissist look less than perfect). They don't usually murder, but they can be chronic abusers. They "lovebomb" the people they think are perfect (as designated by themselves) This results in having many "fans" as people do not realize (until they are the person's Evil list) what can go wrong with the picture.

I think that LE knows this is what they're dealing with and are acting accordingly. It's definitely another layer of complication but hopefully it led to so many slip-ups by LS (since she thinks she can do no wrong) and that will be how they snag her if this becomes a no body case.

Late start today due to appointments for sick kids but finally made it here for Gannon.
My 16 year old has the flu and has been in bed for 3 days. I keep thinking how Gannon was apparently sick but went on a hike and out "shopping" on Monday, then allegedly left to play with a friend and it reminded me how much NOTHING in this case makes any sense.
Can't wait until the day they bring Gannon home and justice is served!!

Yes I beleive he threw her out immediately after viewing the RD video footage but I don't think she knew at that time the reason she was being booted out so suddenly, she may have thought it was because LH was down or because AS had some suspicions.
Hence her imo panicked, blaming and back to front interview!!!

If Gannon was impacted by a vehicle, my guess would be at the hiking trail parking area. No camera, potentially no witnesses.

Secluding the remains would not be as much of a challenge if you were already in a remote area. The only variable would be how far back in the brush and rocks.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member