Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not caught up, but I noticed I think someone mentioning GS wearing a backpack on the Sunday video. That was probably his Camelbak hydration pac that you could see in the hiking selfie with his sissy and duckface herself. o_O
MOO--I thought the flash of blue when TS picked up said fallen item could have been this same backpack..

Going off the long convoluted day trip, I am trying to think of alternative reasons for driving so long but not going very far.

I am usually slow to suspect a specific guilty party, but her comments have connected her to too many suspicious elements. As a result, I have come to wonder if the sequence is more like this (hypothetical).

-There’s an incident at home where LS freaks out and hurts G (intentionally or not) and he is bleeding. It could’ve been a serious wound but it could also have been a surface cut. Either way, the blood would be in the garage, on tools, and possibly on the car, according to her comments.

- G, as a likely increasingly independent 11 year old, starts standing up for himself saying things like “this is abuse” and “this is wrong.”

-She is then worried that G may say something if he goes to the school or doctor. So she calls in some sort of real or fake symptoms to gets meds he needs - allegedly for stomach issues (Maybe anxiety-induced stomach issues? I wonder if he was normally on some sort of anxiety meds which made it easier to just call in?). She is buying herself more time by keeping him home.

- She takes his phone so he doesn’t text AS.

-She over medicates him, maybe intending to kill him or maybe just trying to make him sluggish/sleep. If she didn’t intend to kill him, maybe he unexpectedly dies or passes out and she gets scared and drives to dump him in some remote canyon or gorge. If so, they might be able to detect the decomposition in the truck. But if disposal happened quickly, it’s possible dogs didn’t flag on it (even tho, yes, I know decomposition starts right away - dogs also sometimes are known to miss it).

Or, if she did intend to kill him, maybe she drives him around aimlessly, even pretending to be lost, until she is sure he’s on the brink of death or is dead (thus won’t be alive to tell when discovered) and dumps him with his backpack.

-She drives home, parks in the driveway, is picked up by security cams. She waits until dusk and then calls or texts AS and says Gannon didn’t come home from playing.

Granted, I would alter this scenario if I found out the time stamps on her return were different or that there is a later video confirming G was alive at a later time.

I like how you developed a logical storyline based on the known facts. Seems plausible that some version of this went down. Like you said, if other details emerge that change what we think we know, this timeline or events might need to be altered. But I think this is a decent working theory based on limited info. Hats off to you for sticking to the facts as we know em.

I am here for Gannon.
If he injured his foot, assuming it happened between their return on Sunday, after hiking, and Monday morning when he is seen getting into the truck.
SM says he cut it in the garage on a tool. If a candle was broken in the house, he could have stepped on the glass and ran to the garage if SM was chasing him. Would explain blood in garage if found by LE.

I'm not sure why there's agreement that she would have the lesser-capable Apple Watch. My assessment of her personality-type as her wanting the best/most updated, to satisfy her vanity, even at the expense of other necessities. Just sayin'.

Also, having the LTE-capable version would allow her to send/receive texts even if the phone is far away/left at home.

Here's to hoping any info a user attempts to delete (in order to scrub traces of geolocation) is not truly deleted right away and is still discoverable by LE.

It depends on the Series of watch. If you have Series 0 or Series 1, no. Unfortunately, it does not have an onboard GPS.

However, if you have Series 2 or later, it has an onboard GPS that works via satellite without a cellular connection (for similar technology, think TomTom and Garmin). Series 3 or later also includes an onboard altimeter, which measures elevation. If I were reviewing the data on a non-cellular Apple Watch Series 3 or later, not only could I look at that data and tell that you were in a certain apartment building, I could also tell you were on the 3rd floor due to your elevation. It can also read when you're going up stairs, etc. It basically provides a 3D map of your whereabouts.

If you don't have data connected to the watch, even if you never connect it to WiFi again, the onboard satellite is tracking your movements and uploading that information in near-real time (about 20 second delay) to the cloud.
@gatorage, thank you for sharing this information and clarifying my understanding of GPS (satellites). We can only hope that hers was an Apple watch series 2 or later. But if so, if she didn't offer it to LE to examine, can they obtain the information without her approval?

Sorry I'm not understanding....why would she have to take the watch off to take a selfie with Gannon? Couldn't she just sit by him, and hold her wrist out? Why would it have to be removed from her wrist? (Just wanting to understand the technical aspect here).

She must be running scared to claim RD's. Time stamps were off, just because they haven't been released doesn't mean they don't exist and are easy to verify, also presumably his camera was on when daughter came home and used the driveway.

@gatorage, thank you for sharing this information and clarifying my understanding of GPS (satellites). We can only hope that hers was an Apple watch series 2 or later. But if so, if she didn't offer it to LE to examine, can they obtain the information without her approval?

Without permission, LE would need a warrant.

Sorry I'm not understanding....why would she have to take the watch off to take a selfie with Gannon? Couldn't she just sit by him, and hold her wrist out? Why would it have to be removed from her wrist? (Just wanting to understand the technical aspect here).

She must be running scared to claim RD's. Time stamps were off, just because they haven't been released doesn't mean they don't exist and are easy to verify, also presumably his camera was on when daughter came home and used the driveway.

The watch doesn’t have a camera at all. The only way she could’ve taken a photo is with the phone itself. There are a few functions you can utilize with the watch, like a shutter timer or push to take a photo options, but again, they require the iPhone because the watch doesn’t contain a camera.

I like how you developed a logical storyline based on the known facts. Seems plausible that some version of this went down. Like you said, if other details emerge that change what we think we know, this timeline or events might need to be altered. But I think this is a decent working theory based on limited info. Hats off to you for sticking to the facts as we know em.
Thanks! I wish we had more concrete info and timelines so we could develop more solid theories. But I am confident LE is hard at work on that!

The watch doesn’t have a camera at all. The only way she could’ve taken a photo is with the phone itself. There are a few functions you can utilize with the watch, like a shutter timer or push to take a photo options, but again, they require the iPhone because the watch doesn’t contain a camera.
Depends on the model of Apple Watch she has. Use Camera and timer on Apple Watch

CORRECTION: as it turns out, this only allows you to use an Apple Watch as a remote to take a pic with your phone. They apparently are working on a photo feature for the watch but it’s not available yet. Apple Watch camera with a nifty design seen in Apple patent - 9to5Mac (I responded this way bc I know people whose watches take pics, but apparently those models aren’t made by Apple.)

Last edited:
Sorry, I kind of speed read through a whole thread, I thought it was said a photo could be taken with just the watch.

Yes, and it’d be just like her to come here to WS to ask questions and to find out info.
If so, realizing that she forgot to remove her Apple watch was a real "Oh !" moment. Then, if I am correctly reading between the lines of her T-speak, she is pre-splaining her whereabouts in an act of desperation. Lets hope.

Happy to help! LE would need a warrant, that’s true. However, as a general rule, when there’s a missing child, LE generally files for immediate family data under Preservation and Emergency Requests. That means if someone wipes the device later, it won’t matter, because there’s a solid cloud backup. Emergency means someone is in danger.

Apple has a team devoted to LE only, and they’re fully staffed and available 24/7. If you want to read more about Apple’s privacy rules, I have a link.

Privacy - Government Information Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member