CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there will be no doubt in your minds by the end of this trial that he is severly mentally ill

in the 32 months since arrest........treated by 22 doctors.....they all agree.........serious psychotic mental illness......is not malingering (faking) after hours of testing

Eric Kahnert
@erickahnert

Defense in #theatershooting : "The power of psychotic delusion can take everything away from a person."

Did I just hear defense say that ALL the Drs state he has schizophrenia?

If so, that is a reason that I would wish all states had option of " guilty, but mentally ill" vs. just the insanity defense. As the State of Georgia has in place, and successfully prosecuted Hemi Neuman under for the killing of Sneiderman. That way, treated, and then put into jail for the life sentence.

we ask that you accept the reality of mental disease

so how should we go about this process? will hear from a number of different doctors......

First I ever heard he was diagnosed with schizophrenia & suffered delusions???

Same here...but perhaps he slid that in and was only the defense folks are saying that? We'll have to do a Paul Harvey and watch the trial

6ed6af70-fad7-49f3-a9bc-bdc3500a236c_800.jpg

defense attorney opening statement
http://images.scribblelive.com/2015/4/27/6ed6af70-fad7-49f3-a9bc-bdc3500a236c_800.jpg

Public defender plans to describe evidence of mental illness AFTER the shooting, then go back to his childhood.

Public defender says the district attorney left out that Holmes told people what he was thinking, documented it in writing and he sought help.

About Dr. Jeffrey Metzner: He was the first doctor assigned to conduct a sanity evaluation of James Holmes at the Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo. Prosecutors argued that at least one aspect of the examination was unfair, "Because Dr. [Jeffrey] Metzner had an 'unfair bias.'"

Anica Padilla
@AnicaPadilla

Public defender:psychiatrist Dr. Metzner described Holmes' notebook as a "whole lot of crazy."#theatershooting
bit.ly/theatertrial

So because he never committed a crime apart from a parking ticket up until the shootings that we should just say hey he's mental....computer says no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marc Stewart KMGH
@MarcKMGH

"People don't choose their mental illness,"'said Holmes public defender in #TheaterShooting trial opening. @DenverChannel

Some of us at WS well know that mental illness is a reality; it is a devastating disease of the mind like cancer is a disease of the body. We do not choose it. It can destroy our reasoning like cancer eats away at the body until it is destroyed. I'll reserve judgements until all of the evidence has been presented.

Public defender Dan King says "he now regrets what took place in the theater"

Why is he playing little jimmy holmes home movies? wth?
OK, now it's just a sub-type of schizophrenia...ok, then

showed no resistance afterwards......totally limp

Public defender says officers described James Holmes as sweaty, disoriented and staring into space as they arrested him. He did not resist.

Perhaps he was so out of it become he popped a bunch of bills before he left his apartment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7/22 1st court appearance.......said was disoriented and had to be held steady

Public defender plays audio of police talking to Holmes after they bagged his hands to protect gun residue. When asked what he thought the bags were for, Holmes answered "Popcorn."

isolated except for lawyers and deputies that fed him in jail......

bizarre behaviors.....continued writing.....before medicated.....

continued writings like in the notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member