CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that it was just too upsetting for the family for the FBI to be in the home doing a search with them there. The family could have requested for the FBI to search the home after they left. Does that make sense?
MOO

It's possible that it was just too upsetting for the family for the FBI to be in the home doing a search with them there. They family could have requested for the FBI to search the home after they left. Does that make sense?
MOO

Totally agree -- or the FBI may have requested the house be empty so they had more room to work. There's no reason to assume anything sinister.

---Personal observations---
KG and Jessica are similar ages and builds. This strikes me as a HUGE red flag. I honestly don’t want to know the answer to “what are the odds” but the reality is that the perp who was in Arvada was after boys- the perp in the KG case was going after a girl of similar age, height, and build to Jessica. Distance from Superior, Colorado (where backpack was found) to Cody WY and a map would be helpful?

Mods, I'm a new poster, hope this is all okay. Just trying to go off of Jules helpful post. :twocents:

snipped

I think they are right to investigate any possibilities, but I doubt the attempts of the 2 boys are connected to this one. Pedophiles in general have preferences as to the sex of the child, and usually a certain age group.
It's possible that the kidnapping in WY is related, but that's a pretty long way between victims. Still... you never know. Good that they are checking it out.

Does anyone have a time and/or link for the family presser? Thanks!

Agree- but maybe this is easier on family as well as FBI?

I concur. Having forensics "go through" your home can seem intense and it may be planned this way with agreement. FBI would likely need/want everyone out of the house during their sweep. Just my thought for now. Has family left to go film the statement maybe? and this was a good time?
After Somer's case, I always try to give "support" to family - until or unless something strong develops.

I wouldn't think the FBI would allow the family to stay in the home during a search anyway.

I concur. Having forensics "go through" your home can seem intense and it may be planned this way with agreement. FBI would likely need/want everyone out of the house during their sweep. Just my thought for now. Has family left to go film the statement maybe? and this was a good time?
After Somer's case, I always try to give "support" to family - until or unless something strong develops.

Just curious as to why you think that they would wait so long to go into the house though? she went missing friday and its now 4 days later.. just asking

Just curious as to why you think that they would wait so long to go into the house though? she went missing friday and its now 4 days later.. just asking

That's what I was thinking...if the FBI wanted in, I'm thinking the family would have been welcome to leave at any point. I doubt they would have waited for a "convenient" time for the family??

:twocents:

Thank you, guys! Wanted goatee specifically. I've read too much on both cases and am now totally confused lol. This guy is from Pueblo, lived in Hanna, Rawlins, Big Horn, WY and numerous places in CO. Looks like he was living in blue Explorer in '08.

FWIW....I don't recall FBI searching the homes of missing child unless there was reason to suspect someone entered the home and snatched the child from the home or someone from the home is suspected of harming the child.

We were told Jessica left for school but maybe the perp snatched her from the home? Was that a possibility in this case?

FBI agents are investigating if there is a connection between the case of missing Colorado 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway and the abduction of an 11-year-old in Wyoming on Monday.

Authorities say they do not yet know if there could be a connection, but FBI Denver spokesman Dave Joly said, "We are covering all of our bases."

On Monday afternoon, an 11-year-old girl in Cody, Wyo., was lured to a white SUV by a man who approached her and two friends. He told them that he was missing his black lab puppy and asked if they could help him find it, police said.

One of the little girls agreed to help him and climbed into the front seat of the vehicle and he drove away. Forty-five minutes later, one of the other children called the police to say that her friend had gotten in the car and not returned.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wyoming-ab...-disappearance/story?id=17435010#.UHR37o59GIZ

Is there a sketch of the man who allegedly lured other children in the area?

Was hoping to catch the presser with family, anyone have a link to a live stream ?

FWIW....I don't recall FBI searching the homes of missing child unless there was reason to suspect someone entered the home and snatched the child from the home or someone from the home is suspected of harming the child.

We were told Jessica left for school but maybe the perp snatched her from the home? Was that a possibility in this case?

It was said earlier that her mom watched her walk to school. so that would leave me to believe that she did not get snatched from her home, if her mom really did watch her walk away.:twocents:
moo

Kind of curious to be doing a full-out forensics search now, since she supposedly went missing on her way to school. Really strange to me.

That's what I was thinking...if the FBI wanted in, I'm thinking the family would have been welcome to leave at any point. I doubt they would have waited for a "convenient" time for the family??

:twocents:

My thoughts exactly. if my child were missing, i would hope the FBI searches the crap out of my house asap to find any evidence that would assist in finding my child.... JMO!!!!

Was hoping to catch the presser with family, anyone have a link to a live stream ?

I don't believe there is a presser. The family is doing a taped interview with one reporter to be released.

Smart idea, imo---from more than one viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3