Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the ranch is the only profitable business for miles and miles. The whole county is extremely impoverished and then there's this ranch that charges $2200 a week with all of these wealthy out of towners coming and going. it's an interesting mix of cultures IMO. It's like if you went to South Central LA and built a mansion. It's just weird to me.

I keep reading about how everyone has been leaving the area, businesses closing, homes abandoned. And it makes me think that this could have been planned to draw negative press to the ranch on purpose so that they would lose customers and eventually be forced out of business. Maybe certain locals are just waiting for guests to venture off of the property for that purpose. Then there would be no outsiders with prying eyes into their little land of mischief.

But anyhow, back to the facts. I still haven't heard anyone mention wild animals in the area. There are bears and mountain lions right? I looked at several FB profiles of people in the area and I saw several black bear photos taken from people's back yards. I wonder if the ranch staff brings guns along when they go on hikes. Do they warn people about going exploring unarmed? I'm a city girl so I have no idea how that plays out but I personally would be terrified.

The ranch is actually 22 miles from Antonito. Monte Vista, Alamosa, and Antonito is where the drug activity goes on. The Colorado Gang Unit has it posted on their website that a Hispanic gang that goes by the name of Kings De Monte controls the drug trade of meth and heroin. That gets distributed through out the Midwest. They use private planes to drop the drugs.
<modsnip>

Sure! You get me a Diet then ;). Joe's is one of the few cases I've come to feel strongly about. The last case I felt this way about was the disappearance of Taleka Patrick, which happened a little over 1.5 years ago. I just "knew" (of course not literally, but based on what had been reported by MSM within the first week of her disappearance, I became absolutely convinced) that she was in the lake/pond which was in the immediate vicinity of where her car had been found abandoned. I live only 45 or so minutes away from this location, so I really wanted to go search, but we -here on websleuths- researched the weather information from the evening Taleka was last seen and surmised that the lake probably froze over later that very evening. She went missing in early December, and her body was found the following April by a fisherman who had gone fishing at the aforementioned lake. I felt very sympathetic toward Taleka -a brilliant doctor living with a deeply disturbed mind-, and I just really wanted her found.

With Joe, I work on a college campus, and I just feel as though whatever has befallen this handsome and kind-hearted young man could happen to any of the "kids" I see every day. It may just be that I am too naive, but I don't think this is a particularly complicated case (certainly a strange one, though; for one thing, there is no established timeline). Like many others, it's a matter of getting the right person(s) to do the right thing (i.e., speak up) and finding evidence.

By the way:

1. Is Joe's dad still in CO, and if so, are there searches still being conducted? A few days ago on the FJK FB page, a poster asked how many people had been out looking for Joe in the last week or two, and the administrator answered s/he wasn't sure because s/he isn't out there ...?

2. If Conejos County is so bad due to drugs and gangs, why do people still vacation there (e.g., Rainbow Trout Ranch)? Based on what I read on their FB page, it appears that many of their clients keep returning year after year. Wouldn't they stop coming at some point if it was so bad t the point where it was starting to bother them?

3. LE not showing up until after midnight ...: I will never understand this one!!

Cool, 2 Diet Cokes on the way. :)

I was thinking about Teleka and the videos of the "meals", the plates of food on the table... that was a sad case.

I agree, there are lots of people that enjoy going to Conejos County.
We haven't been to the ranch, but we enjoy the area.
People do return year after year.

IMOO.

With Joe running for a half hour supposedly, then running a half hour back supposedly, I can't fathom a drug trafficking incident that would occur so close to Rainbow Trout Ranch.
The ranch has wranglers and people ride horses while there. The horses and people are out and about.
It doesn't make sense to me, to have a drug pick up right there on the road or nearby.
Common sense dictates if you don't want to be seen, why expose yourself to the eyes of others close by?
IMOO.

I am curious to know what direction CG was running when the fishermen saw him. Was he running back towards the ranch?

I got this idea that these young guys are in Colorado, pot is now legal, and maybe they asked someone at the ranch if they knew where they could get some. Seems like a totally typical thing for a teenager to do. So maybe the employee called someone and they said 'sure, tell them to come meet us up the road' So they boys decided to run there. And then Joe got in a car and it drove off leaving CG by the side of the road, or Joe was forced in the car and CG was threatened with a weapon and told to go back to the ranch while the criminals sped off with Joe. IMO that could explain why CG was seen running alone, if he was running back towards the ranch when he was sighted.

Maybe this threat with a weapon is why he waited for a while to report it. Maybe he was just terrified that something would happen to himself of Joe so he waited hoping that they would return him safely. As in maybe he rationalized that Joe went with these guys back to their home to retrieve said drugs and perhaps they told him they lived miles down the road, or they had to go downtown to Antonito and then drive back, which would account for a time lapse.

All of this is my opinion and speculation.

Fact: Sheriff Galvez waited 3 days before he gave permission for them tosearch.
<modsnip>

Websleuths has another case Angelica Sandavol, from Conejo County missing after she was testifying in a case.

Ive done my homework thru good ole fashion detective work. Not speculation.
<modsnip>

CG's brother, as well as in comments posted by the FJK FB page/the administrators thereof. Emphatically. Does anyone know who the administrator(s) is?

The admins are family of CG. The page was started when CG was in Colorado and had limited access as a way to post updates and share without everyone having to direct everyone to CG's page.

I have known CG since he was born. I believe beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is innocent of any wrongdoing in this. He and his family are among some of the finest people you could ever meet.

My personal opinion is that Joe simply got lost on his run and through some unfortunate circumstances was never found. Being young, in unfamiliar territory, and without any resources, I believe he probably panicked once darkness set in and made some poor decisions that made the search more difficult. Maybe he kept walking all night, maybe he doubled back past the ranch, or maybe he was injured. Either way, I think there's a possibility that if he kept moving while the search was going on that they could have simply missed each other. He could have been walking through an area that had been searched the day before while they were searching an area he had left. It would not take long for exposure to take its toll.

Fact: Sheriff Galvez waited 3 days before he gave permission for them tosearch.

<modsnip>

Websleuths has another case Angelica Sandavol, from Conejo County missing after she was testifying in a case.

Ive done my homework thru good ole fashion detective work. Not speculation.
<modsnip>

This article from July 26th, states that Joe went missing on Thursday and since FRIDAY, the VERY NEXT DAY, more than 100 people were searching for Joe.
The article is too short to quote with the 10 percent copying rule.
The article also mentioned helicopter and an airplane with infrared.

http://www.wdef.com/content/news/br...in-South-Colorado/2Pr8ZsDY-EyUyYEbn3pqtw.cspx

I got this idea that these young guys are in Colorado, pot is now legal, and maybe they asked someone at the ranch if they knew where they could get some. Seems like a totally typical thing for a teenager to do. So maybe the employee called someone and they said 'sure, tell them to come meet us up the road'

As there is a legal pot store in Antonito, it would seem unlikely that there would be much of a "dangerous drug lord" style market. You have to be 21 to buy, but they'd be more likely to find someone who would get it for them at the store than to go through some backwoods drug deal.

http://420greengenie.com/home/

The ranch is actually 22 miles from Antonito. Monte Vista, Alamosa, and Antonito is where the drug activity goes on. The Colorado Gang Unit has it posted on their website that a Hispanic gang that goes by the name of Kings De Monte controls the drug trade of meth and heroin. That gets distributed through out the Midwest. They use private planes to drop the drugs.
<modsnip>
:(

I know it is a general rule to take unverified poster's information with a grain of salt, and even a verified poster does not have to believed.

But you certainly paint a plausible scenario that explains why EVERYONE is so hush-hush.

Please be careful ceci. Everyone is "findable", and I would not want you to find yourself as a target from talking too much.

The ranch is actually 22 miles from Antonito. Monte Vista, Alamosa, and Antonito is where the drug activity goes on. The Colorado Gang Unit has it posted on their website that a Hispanic gang that goes by the name of Kings De Monte controls the drug trade of meth and heroin. That gets distributed through out the Midwest. They use private planes to drop the drugs. <modsnip>

Sorry but the address of the ranch is Antonito. Antonito seems to cover a very large and a very sparsely populated area. So for me, when I say Antonito, I'm not just talking about the few little streets in the 'downtown area'. According to the map it is much more than that.

So yes the ranch is 22 miles from downtown, but the address remains the same.

The admins are family of CG. The page was started when CG was in Colorado and had limited access as a way to post updates and share without everyone having to direct everyone to CG's page.

I have known CG since he was born. I believe beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is innocent of any wrongdoing in this. He and his family are among some of the finest people you could ever meet.

My personal opinion is that Joe simply got lost on his run and through some unfortunate circumstances was never found. Being young, in unfamiliar territory, and without any resources, I believe he probably panicked once darkness set in and made some poor decisions that made the search more difficult. Maybe he kept walking all night, maybe he doubled back past the ranch, or maybe he was injured. Either way, I think there's a possibility that if he kept moving while the search was going on that they could have simply missed each other. He could have been walking through an area that had been searched the day before while they were searching an area he had left. It would not take long for exposure to take its toll.

I think your assessment is very plausible. I do keep reminding myself that Joe was from a place that is 900ft above sea level and then siddenly he is jogging at 9000ft above sea level and it was said earlier somewhere, (i think by his mother) that he had asthma as a child. So it is quite possible that he got disoriented by the elevation. He could have collapsed, he could have become confused.

All I know is I am not ready to accept he has died. There is still too much of a spark of hope in my heart, and it will stay there!

The info i provided about the gang activity came from this website on theAngelica Sandavol case. Websleuths poster and articles is my source!

Im sure the FBI has looked that way. CBI has a website on gangs in Colorado.

Thank you for my concern, im just reading comments hoping for a clue.
Im not an insider! Just a mother who cant imagine the pain the Kellers are enduring. I would of never known about AS if i hadnt stumbled across her case here. It just confirmed my suspicions. Its just speculation Joe could of very well had an accident and not foul play.

Im sorry, yes Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 100's of people looking. Yes helicopter was used on those days. I meant to say that drones was on standby and not allowed. Finally, the drones was given permission. Drones was able to go in places people,horses,and helicopter could not go.

Im sorry, yes Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 100's of people looking. Yes helicopter was used on those days. I meant to say that drones was on standby and not allowed. Finally, the drones was given permission. Drones was able to go in places people,horses,and helicopter could not go.
Hi, ceci. Do you have a link to back up these statements?

TIA.

Bessie

Oh my goodness, this makes me think of David Paulides books-Missing 411

Hi ceci, here in WS social media commentary is considered opinion or rumor unless it's linkable via MSM or LE. That doesn't mean readers can't or shouldn't choose to believe what others have found. It is our option as free thinkers to form our own opinions and believe whatever we want. And it's definitely not a personal rule against you or your judgement.

(modsnip)

Where is this kid? I guess it's foolish and naive to hope he is alive somewhere, but I really want him to be, so I'm going to just keep hoping. =\

Hi ceci, here in WS social media commentary is considered opinion or rumor unless it's linkable via MSM or LE. That doesn't mean readers can't or shouldn't choose to believe what others have found. It is our option as free thinkers to form our own opinions and believe whatever we want. And it's definitely not a personal rule against you or your judgement.

(modsnip)

Where is this kid? I guess it's foolish and naive to hope he is alive somewhere, but I really want him to be, so I'm going to just keep hoping. =\
I am not able to link so i tell where it is posted at so people can go to the site and read for themselves. I have ask Treelights to link for me.

If its known, then why should i have to continue to say IMO, it should be obvious its my opinion. I get chastised for the Angelica Sandavol, that i had never heard of, statement.

If your not going to do your research, you should be glad someone is and posting accurate information. Otherwise, take it with a grain of salt and move on. If i had only commenyed once ,id agree but to say it in every post is repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper