CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I have an intense dislike for my daughter's father. But I have attended family gatherings at his house for the sake of my child and we all get along just fine. When you share the love for a child you need to make it work. Not showing concern for a missing parent is just not normal.
When family court gets involved there is even more pressure to get along, as each parent has to make sacrifices and compromise. I wonder if this was a topic that was brought up at one point. Maybe one of them wanted to file in order to get custody, and there was an argument that led to her disappearance. Since it has been suggested that there may have been a breakup, I can't help but think that this may have played a role. Imo

ITA. You care about the child and don't want them to be without the other parent and try to encourage their relationship with the other parent and his family.

Read it again peeps, he blocked her driveway with his truck, not the neighbors.

Here is what the info from WPU reported:
Things he has confirmed from KB neighbor that shared a driveway with her:
1. PF and KB were not openly romantic with each other. He would normally pick up child and leave.
2. Neighbor never saw PF stay overnight.
3. The neighbor said she saw a red truck and sometimes a dark blue truck at KB residence on a regular basis dropping off baby. He routinely blocked her driveway with his truck.
4. The neighbor stated they kept to themselves. She did see KB outside a lot reading w/ K.
5. KB was visited by her mother quite a few times.
And more info from WPU - they showed video w/ CBI and FBI taking boxes of stuff from KB home and loading them in a truck.
edited to clarify info

Italics added and BBM
Read it again and IMO, the reporter stated that KB's neighbor shared a driveway with "her" meaning KB. He being PK routinely blocked the shared driveway with his truck.

The "stare down" was pretty disconcerting to me.

Is this on video or in a photo?

I’ve got company and haven’t read most of this thread but can anyone post a link please?

True. We don’t know for sure that they have explored this avenues.

Both the CBI and FBI there, and we have seen that they are actively involved in this investigation.

For these avenues to have not been explored, would basically mean that these guys are incompetent, and aren’t doing their jobs.

I don’t believe that.

So when I make assumptions like this, I don’t think I am making any sort of leap.

So I agree, we don’t know for sure. But I know where my money is here.

Oh, I would never claim they are incompetent. I presume the highest level of professionalism.

But there's two facets there: 1) have they checked for receipts, electronic evidence, cell phone tower data, and on-the-ground questioning of every gas station, convenience store, hotel, and truck stop between Woodland Park and Gooding and beyond(!), but also 2) we don't know what information they have found because they haven't told us--and they have good reasons they haven't told us.

So we know that they know what KB bought at Safeway, but they aren't telling us because if they close in on a suspect and he has in his possession that item that KB bought at the store, then that is very incriminating. Or even if he doesn't have it, if he indicates in an interview personal knowledge of facts that have not been released to the public, then that helps cinch the prosecution.

But we can't say that her phone didn't ping between 11/22 and 11/25. And we can't say that PF didn't try to call or text her between 11/25 and 12/2. And we can't say as fact that he drove her phone to Idaho.

So with all of those things that we don't know because LE hasn't revealed if they do or don't know, IMO there are lots of theories that can be explored, examined, and debated. And a consensus might develop of what is plausible or not plausible. But even if we disagree with what someone believes, we can do it respectfully.

(BTW, friend, it would help me to be more objective toward your posts if you had a different avatar. I can probably find a photo of John Elway or Peyton Manning if you want... ;-) )

What we do know is that LE is investigating and that they are holding their cards close to their vests. Everything else, ISTM, is speculation.

Edited to add: MOO
Snipped for brevity. Emph. mine

Oh I'd love to know what LE knows...unfortunately they're not leaking anything to anyone except themselves.
Makes me think they've got something... just not enough.
I don't believe for an instant KB left by herself. Maybe with someone.

But if that was true, the investigation would be taking a different direction by now.
Two visits to PF's property sound like everything is leading there.

Just a brief response at this point as I am heading out the door on my lunch break.

He hasn't searched where? Was there a search which took place that he did not take part in? I was unaware there had been one.
MOO

Yes. My apologies. We have seen no search parties. I did not state what I meant correctly. He has made no public statements or pleas for information or pleas to Kelsey to contact someone or come home, no pleas for the public to spread awareness of the case, or disseminate her photo. Nothing. ADDED to everything else I stated, I'm very suspicious.

Suicide is a possibility in various missing person's cases. It happens. We have seen that here.

What differs from those cases is zero indication of mental health issues (no matter how hard defenders of PF try to make that insinuation, just as the CW defenders tried to make that insinuation with Shanann Watts), the last known person to see the missing woman refusing to discuss his whereabouts during the critical period, and two highly professional, competent and experienced agencies clearly focusing on that same man.

So it's a possibility but one that is pretty dim at this point for me.
Additionally, suicide wouldn't explain why PF didn't report her missing. If he was concerned and didn't know where she was, he'd have reported her missing.

bale·ful
/ˈbālfəl/
adjective
  1. threatening harm; menacing.
    "Bill shot a baleful glance in her direction"
    synonyms: menacing, threatening, unfriendly, hostile, antagonistic, evil, evil-intentioned, vindictive, wicked, nasty, bitter, acrimonious, malevolent, malicious, malignant, malign, sinister

Learned a little something here, thanks.

JMO
What a perfect word for the glance and nonverbal communication that was thrown at the reporter.

I learned something new too as I never heard this word before and I cannot really describe his reaction without this word. Its perfect. Im gonna have to put this word on a shelf for future use. :)

Thank you and to Scmom for the new word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katyb