Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with other comments about the dumpsters being where Barry disposed of Suzanne. I think he used his hunting skills to dismember her, the missing cool boxes to transport her, and the smell of bleach in his hotel room was to clean himself and any equipment. I don’t think Suzanne’s remains were ever in the hotel room, as we’d have seen him carrying her in there otherwise.

Didn’t someone say there was the smell of bleach in the home? I want to say it was Andy M who said this but I could be wrong. If he’s right, it would back up my dismemberment at home theory.

All MOO.

You can watch the hearing here.

Mark Hurlbert appeared for the state. Eytan for Morphew (who was also there on a phone but never said anything). The hearing was about Eytan's motion to strike a 2022 pleading by the state to admit some statements by Suzanne under a hearsay exception. The statements were attached in sealed exhibits so they are already not publicly available, though Hurlbert did say some of the statements there were made public at the preliminary hearing. Eytan says have to strike basically because it's mean to Barry that they exist. Eytan lost. The judge is not striking because important to maintain criminal court records for public review.

jmo

Oh yeah, there was also some minor drama when Eytan called attention to someone's user name in the webex. The user, whose name is highlighted below, left on their own before the judge kicked them out. FWIW, the incident did lead to Eytan saying the words, "Barry Killed Suzanne."

screencap hearing 6-25-23.jpg

If Barry used a dumpster, what was he doing between 11 pm and 3 am? Did he sleep?
He never slept, imo. He needed to gather up some clothing of both his and Suzanne's for the treck to Broomfield, and he also needed to gather up some unnecessary tools to tear down a wall, but I always thought they were already in his truck so no need.

He had a little fire going in the fireplace of Suzanne's personal journal, and what else did he burn? He was seen carrying a bunch of papers in a folder through the lobby of the hotel. What was that about?

There wasn't any blood found in the house, but that doesn't mean blood was overlooked outside, especially in or next to the river. What was he doing in that river anyway? That mystery will bother me forever.

Whatever happened to the corn feed? Did he use it or did he change his mind. Never heard another word about it after MG said he asked her to get it for him. Maybe it was never part of the plan or maybe he lured chipmunks with it.

The fact that there were 3 hits on the bobcat and the trailer says just about everything. Suzanne was murdered at home. He had a lot of cleaning up, blood or no blood, and he had a ton of stuff to get rid of, most of it in Broomfield. What did he put in the garbage can outside of the Poncha Market? We'll never know. How many showers did he take? I think he used the hot tub at home and then showered once, twice, thrice in the hotel. Decomp all over him and everywhere else. And why the changes of t-shirts in Broomfield? More decomp than he knew what to do with. Where are the clothes he was wearing when he murdered Suzanne? Were you paranoid Barry?

He had a lot to do between 11-3 trying to cover his tracks. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. He's more cunning than a fox. I don't think he put Suzanne's body in a dumpster, but who knows. No matter where he put her, he's evil. EVIL.

JMO

Last edited:
You can watch the hearing here.

Mark Hurlbert appeared for the state. Eytan for Morphew (who was also there on a phone but never said anything). The hearing was about Eytan's motion to strike a 2022 pleading by the state to admit some statements by Suzanne under a hearsay exception. The statements were attached in sealed exhibits so they are already not publicly available, though Hurlbert did say some of the statements there were made public at the preliminary hearing. Eytan says have to strike basically because it's mean to Barry that they exist. Eytan lost. The judge is not striking because important to maintain criminal court records for public review.

jmo
BBM. Thanks for that news!

Anyone have a link to the civil case #1:23-cv-01108-KLM - I searched but came up with nothing...

TIA if you can help me! :)
The Civil case referenced is not a State Court case but filed in federal court (U.S. District Court) on 5/2/23.

The last I checked, no activity on the docket since 5/31 when 3 more of BM's attorneys, including IE, filed NOTICE of Entry of Appearance. (I'll make any docket updates on the federal civil suit in media thread).

The answers by each of multi-named defendants should be filed soon.

Under federal rules, defendants generally have 21 days to file an answer after they are served with a complaint but the defendants here were all named in their official state or federal government capacity which extends the filing date. In other words, nobody named filed answers within 21 days. JMO

ETA: add link

Last edited:
Oh yeah, there was also some minor drama when Eytan called attention to someone's user name in the webex. The user, whose name is highlighted below, left on their own before the judge kicked them out. FWIW, the incident did lead to Eytan saying the words, "Barry Killed Suzanne."

View attachment 431229
That person just handed IE more ammo for the civil trial IMO. No surprise she pounced on it.

For her to consider using that as ammo would be a sign of desperation.
I guess @smellysquirrel “ if the shoe fits” might apply - the current filings by Eytan do seem imo a bit desperate and ill advised so why not add that comment to her stockpile. Lovely that logic took a win today. Happy to hear it! Baby steps. All imo.

Carol McKinley weighs in on todays hearing
I've long read on Twitter that investigators had previously obtained satellite imagery from May 2020 and the words from the prosecutor seem to confirm the same. And I hope BM more than squirms during his depositions about his multi false accusations!

From the quoted link:

In one of the boldest statements made in open court regarding the struggling case, Hurlbert insisted that investigators know exactly where her body is located. “She is in a very difficult spot. We actually have more than just a feeling … and the sheriff’s office is continuing to look for Mrs. Morphew’s body,” he said.

View attachment 431229
Thanks!!

I caught some of the hearing and had to run an errand. Just got back.
i saw the screen name and took a screenshot of it.
IE startled the heck out of me when she interrupted the Judge to holler about it.

In addition to Carol McK, I see Canon City Daily Record was there via WebEx. Haven’t looked for their story yet. Hopefully it’s not subscriber onlyA967E95B-DAE6-4C60-B10D-55C3F278AA4F.png

He never slept, imo. He needed to gather up some clothing of both his and Suzanne's for the treck to Broomfield, and he also needed to gather up some unnecessary tools to tear down a wall, but I always thought they were already in his truck so no need.

He had a little fire going in the fireplace of Suzanne's personal journal, and what else did he burn? He was seen carrying a bunch of papers in a folder through the lobby of the hotel. What was that about?

There wasn't any blood found in the house, but that doesn't mean blood was overlooked outside, especially in or next to the river. What was he doing in that river anyway? That mystery will bother me forever.

Whatever happened to the corn feed? Did he use it or did he change his mind. Never heard another word about it after MG said he asked her to get it for him. Maybe it was never part of the plan or maybe he lured chipmunks with it.

The fact that there were 3 hits on the bobcat and the trailer says just about everything. Suzanne was murdered at home. He had a lot of cleaning up, blood or no blood, and he had a ton of stuff to get rid of, most of it in Broomfield. What did he put in the garbage can outside of the Poncha Market? We'll never know. How many showers did he take? I think he used the hot tub at home and then showered once, twice, thrice in the hotel. Decomp all over him and everywhere else. And why the changes of t-shirts in Broomfield? More decomp than he knew what to do with. Where are the clothes he was wearing when he murdered Suzanne? Were you paranoid Barry?

He had a lot to do between 11-3 trying to cover his tracks. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. He's more cunning than a fox. I don't think he put Suzanne's body in a dumpster, but who knows. No matter where he put her, he's evil. EVIL.

JMO
I still think he may have been in the presence of smoke. And he couldn't shake the stench of it, literally oozing from his pores. But it's equally possible he was paranoid about DNA and cadaverine... shower, change, dumpster, shower, change, dumpster. Go away, Spot

Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members