Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzanne's port may tell the story. If he didn't use the port itself, if he tranqued her in any other way, her own blood circulates into the port to the clip point. If there's evidence of contamination by drugs used in animal sedation in her port... game over.

Someone, please tell me that, although her blood may no longer exist, evidence of the drug in her port might.

Jmo

I have only started to pay attention to this case today, when I saw a headline saying that her remains had been found. I have a question for those who have followed this case closely: did the prosecution ever give a satisfactory answer as to why they refused to disclose potentially exculpatory information to Barry Morphew's defense attorney?

He did so many weird things during that time. Finding her body has got to have him shaken! I really think he thought he would get away with this.
This link reminded me of his antics during the time she first went missing, the running around the house chasing "chimp monks", mysterious truck movement, multiple trash dumps, tools, room smelling like bleach, scratch marks, deleted texts, her messages of fear to her friend and lover, etc... Evidence in the Suzanne Morphew case

He did so many weird things during that time. Finding her body has got to have him shaken! I really think he thought he would get away with this.
This link reminded me of his antics during the time she first went missing, the running around the house chasing "chimp monks", mysterious truck movement, multiple trash dumps, tools, room smelling like bleach, scratch marks, deleted texts, her messages of fear to her friend and lover, etc... Evidence in the Suzanne Morphew case
Suzanne and her spy pen.
Classic.:cool: Brilliant.

Some key truck times for ref (telematics data)
- 18.56 - Beginning of misc truck driveway activity over next 3 hours
- 21.52 - end of truck activity
- 3.25am. Truck activated
- 3.49am - Truck leaves PP
- 8.10am - Arrives RTD bus stop
I would say the big time gap was between 10pm and 3am - that is 5 hours when he has no known activity
IIRC the Ford Truck, 2 Range Rovers and the quad.

I think we speculated back in the day that he might have taken the older RR without telematics.

It's likely he tried to disable the Ford Telematics but was likely unsuccessful.
I thought both of his daughters had Range Rovers? Plus Suzannes.

I wonder where the girl's RR's were parked?

Suzanne's port may tell the story. If he didn't use the port itself, if he tranqued her in any other way, her own blood circulates into the port to the clip point. If there's evidence of contamination by drugs used in animal sedation in her port... game over.

Someone, please tell me that, although her blood may no longer exist, evidence of the drug in her port might.

Jmo
I'm not sure the port could have withstood 3 years exposure, they're attached to veins..
but forensic bone tests will tell a lot about drugs... had to research it recently for another case..
If the port is just there in the grave, detached, it could well contain a minute sample of her blood.. it might be possible... just might..

IIRC The speculation at the time was that BM had perhaps brought the tools in to the hotel room bathtub to clean and that was where the bleach smell came from and hence all the wet towels on the floor etc. Whether anything was saved? Anyone's guess. JMO

Don't forget that the room bM was in was next to or above the pool room where the chemicals were stored for the hotel's swimming pool. There was speculation that, that was the source of the strong chlorine/ bleach smell.

Also I have a feeling the chain of custody will be very difficult to explain if law enforcement did end up taking them. Did bM's workers touch the tools at all? If I remember correctly bM left the tools behind the front desk for his workers to pick up when they arrived. So if he cleaned them and brought them to the front desk, there is plenty of opportunity for other people to have handled them. I'm afraid that evidence will be compromised and not useful for the prosecution unfortunately. Just my opinion.

Don't forget that the room bM was in was next to or above the pool room where the chemicals were stored for the hotel's swimming pool. There was speculation that, that was the source of the strong chlorine/ bleach smell.

Also I have a feeling the chain of custody will be very difficult to explain if law enforcement did end up taking them. Did bM's workers touch the tools at all? If I remember correctly bM left the tools behind the front desk for his workers to pick up when they arrived. So if he cleaned them and brought them to the front desk, there is plenty of opportunity for other people to have handled them. I'm afraid that evidence will be compromised and not useful for the prosecution unfortunately. Just my opinion.
that rumour was dismissed thoroughly a long time ago.
Pool was closed because of Covid.

It doesn't matter who touched the tools.
it only matters whether analysis of the tools showed anything significant to the investigation.
There is CCTV footage of him bringing tools in motel.

I think you possibly have to widen the circle to understand any other vehicles that may have been accessible to him. He looked after/ploughed/prop management, his neighbors place when they were not there. I cannot remember their name. SD was their cleaning lady and the daughter's name is Gusty. My bet is that there were cars/trucks of some sort available there right across the river from his place in Monarch eatates. Worth a look by LE.
JMO

Does anyone else recall that Jeffery Puckett commented that his car (or truck) went missing around the same time as Suzanne’s disappearance? I’m looking though old interviews now but I can’t locate exactly when he said it? I’m just wondering if BM would’ve had access to Puckett’s car that weekend?

JMO

Last edited:
Very curious to see where this ends up getting prosecuted.
Assuming there is additional evidence and murderer is identified and prosecuted. I realize BM was charged previously, but I thought the evidence was very thin and the prosecution did not end well for the state of Colorado. It seems people were as motivated by dislike of BM as a person as anything else. JMO

A pristine (cleaned) shovel -- that wouldn't look sus. Uh, yeah, it would. Prolly cleaned a bunch of them so he could say that's what he always does, you know, neatnik.

Jmo
The condition of his truck and garage say otherwise though.

Remember how he needed to drive around town to clean out his truck at various trash cans? He is a messy messy fella except for his tools.. lol I mean doesn't most landscapers go to an out of town job and claim to work on a day he legally can't work, but really isn't working, just laid up in the hotel room cleaning his tools so he can be ready to NOT do the work the next day because he didn't bring the correct tools anyway, but hey they are clean right1? Oye he's a piece of work.

that rumour was dismissed thoroughly a long time ago.
Pool was closed because of Covid.

It doesn't matter who touched the tools.
it only matters whether analysis of the tools showed anything significant to the investigation.
There is CCTV footage of him bringing tools in motel.

Fair enough. I don't recall that rumor being dismissed. Even if the pool was closed there could still be chemicals stored in closet or pool room where the pumps and filters are kept.

I do think it matters who touched the tools. Yes, you bM on tape bringing them into the hotel but he had a plausible explanation for that. And once they are out of his possession anyone could have taken them and used them elsewhere, thus contaminating any dirt residue that was one them. But hey, if they found something useful on them, and they can use it to prove anything, I'm all for it. I just see the defense picking it apart.

Assuming there is additional evidence and murderer is identified and prosecuted. I realize BM was charged previously, but I thought the evidence was very thin and the prosecution did not end well for the state of Colorado. It seems people were as motivated by dislike of BM as a person as anything else. JMO
I personally don't know BM, but his actions, inactions, and lies are what motivated me to dislike him and make him suspect #1. Blaming the innocent victim of any crime isn't going to go far with me. Maybe Suzanne was putting his phone in airplane mode while he was showering? Maybe Suzanne ran off with her lover? Maybe a mountain lion got her while she was on the non existent bike ride? OH Suzanne.. "I am on the jobsite with my workers"... all while he was laid up in his hotel room. I have zero sympathy for that man and if by some .0005% chance he has nothing at all to do with Suzanne's murder, he is still not getting any sympathy from me. He chose to lie repeatedly to law enforcement, who were just trying to find his missing wife. He plays victim when his own actions are what lead to him being suspect #1, nobody was coming for him for any other reason than his own lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562