Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at any post to the left of the "Like" button
Its in burnt orange color so not easily visible.

Im on a laptop and I am not sure if you are using a phone Im not sure if it shows up like it does for me.
I’ve always wanted to ask this question too!
I’m on an IPhone and I don’t see numbers !

JMO
They do make all kinds of large gun safes and some are real heavy like you describe but some are also light sheet metal types that are not too heavy at all and could be lifted by one person. A perp may have put in rocks and other weights inside it to help try to sink it but a river current may be strong enough to move it along even if weighted down.

I have a large heavy one as well and the installer was one person who used a dolly. When it was installed I had the gentleman bolt it to the floor through the inside bottom of the safe. Most large gun safes have holes on the bottom of the safe for that purpose. He used long concrete screw bolts and they went right through the carpet and into the concrete slab.
He had to drill smaller pilot holes first where the screw bolts went through. Just a little something extra to help prevent theft.

But yeah, thieves get creative and they seem to manage to find ways to get out what they want.
Bolting it down is a great idea.

There was a story on the local 9News morning news about a new search by LE that took place on Friday 6/5 but I don't see where they have posted it on their website so I can't link the information so I guess we can't talk about it.

The last I saw from 9 News was dated Monday, June 8:

There haven’t been any updates from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office regarding her disappearance since May 26 — nearly two weeks ago.

Denver Local News | Denver's source for Local News, Sports, Weather | 9NEWS.com | 9news.com
Missing Mom: Suzanne Morphew Disappeared 4 Weeks Ago

70e7aa76-40a4-4b6e-9b14-378de1bfd2c5_750x422.png

Denver June 9, 2020!!

Last edited:
Just curious where are you seeing the posts numbered? You referenced #812 but my posts aren’t numbered. I have a bad feeling this is a dumb question but I don’t see numbers! Only times. Maybe I need to adjust some setting I’m not aware of. Thanks in advance!
My iphone does not show post numbers but the computer I use does - perhaps that is the issue?

ETA - turning sideways didn't work for me. sigh.

I realize that all people do not act alike in similar cases, but I would think that (personally) I’d be on EVERY news channel showing my “loved” one’s photo asking IF ANYONE had seen or heard anything REGARDLESS of whether or not I was under suspicion. I’m not asking BM to beg, cry or plead. I’m just wondering why he doesn’t seem as ambitious about finding his wife as he has been in business.
Do innocent people, especially ones who have been described as “in control” and who appears to be a very “successful” business person simply sit quietly when a loved one goes missing? Does anyone have any examples of this “passive” behavior in someone of BM’s position? It just seems to go against everything I have learned about his ambitions in life. Maybe I’m just being too judgmental. “¯\_(ツ)_/¯“

Sorry, deleted by me (wouldn't have been useful)

But one idea to the "suspicious car", which was seen by the biker and "shouldn't have been there" at BM's driveway:

BM's car, although the husband was "in Denver" or elsewhere allegedly.
I didn't hear driveway, all I heard was he was biking on the highway near where she was reported missing? moo

I realize that all people do not act alike in similar cases, but I would think that (personally) I’d be on EVERY news channel showing my “loved” one’s photo asking IF ANYONE had seen or heard anything REGARDLESS of whether or not I was under suspicion. I’m not asking BM to beg, cry or plead. I’m just wondering why he doesn’t seem as ambitious about finding his wife as he has been in business.
Do innocent people, especially ones who have been described as “in control” and who appears to be a very “successful” business person simply sit quietly when a loved one goes missing? Does anyone have any examples of this “passive” behavior in someone of BM’s position? It just seems to go against everything I have learned about his ambitions in life. Maybe I’m just being too judgmental. “¯\_(ツ)_/¯“
The husband of missing Barbara Thomas has been keeping a similar low profile after an initial TV appearance. He, too, put forth the idea his wife was kidnapped.

210,000 reward while adding his name for a hand out on G** ...the irony!
I’ve noticed in business situations that people with money try their best NOT to spend their money on anything and are always trying to get other people to spend their money instead. I don’t like it, even though it may seem really smart to some people.
JMO but it speaks volumes to me when this method is used in a case where a spouse is missing. It’s waves red flags violently imo ...It is not a business deal we are talking about, it’s a persons life, a person who is supposed to be the love of your life.
In my speculations:
It’s like, “Oh wait, hey y’all, let’s save some money trying to find my wife, start a Go F Me...No sense in using our money when there’s so many people willing to give their own hard-earned money to find my wife.”
To himself he says, “Especially since I killed her so that I wouldn’t have to give her half of everything I worked for in the first place.”

Based on the way the case is being handled by the law enforcement agencies involved. There have been no shortage of high profile missing persons cases in Colorado in recent years, and the FBI and CBI were involved in all of them. We know how they operate.

If they believed a stranger abducted her, then we would have an actual timeline, and (near) daily press conferences. We would have received all the information we usually receive when someone goes missing. We haven’t seen any of that.

The Gannon Stauch case was handled much the same way. Once they figured out who the perpetrator was, they didn’t tip their hand. They build their case, all the while refusing to call it anything other than “a missing persons investigation.” It was a murder, and we knew it.

We have seen crime scene investigators at the house, and a property that BM worked on was excavated. That’s all we know about the focus of the investigation, and all we really need to know.

If BM didn’t do this, then the single most important thing he could do is keep the case in the news by utilizing the media. In every true missing persons case I have ever followed, the significant other makes countless on camera appeals. The importance of this cannot be overstated.

He’s either guilty, or he’s the worst husband on earth. I’m going to venture and guess and say he’s both.
I 100% agree with everything in this thoughtful, well reasoned post

Now i look at TD's unedited video's i can totally see how the BM and TD meeting

RSBM
Still find it odd that on the video it say's; video courtesty of the morphew family.

Jmo
I am curious of this last statement. Do all the video’s have that “courtesy of the morphew family”? I find it odd/interesting they would be behind the TD video. I get motion sick and can’t get through his videos. Thank you.

There was a story on the local 9News morning news about a new search by LE that took place on Friday 6/5 but I don't see where they have posted it on their website so I can't link the information so I guess we can't talk about it.

I heard the same. Does anyone know which reporter is covering SM’s case for 9News? Is it Jennifer Meckles?

JMO

I hope today is the day something happens in Suzanne’s case! This is so terrible for her daughters.
BBM:

Unfortunately, it's going to get much, much worse for them when an arrest is made.

I do hope for both of their sakes that SM's remains are located, so that *HER* daughters can at least have that much of their mother returned to them.

JMO.

Last edited:
Has it been said who the person was that was found in the lake in Kansas? Was it that beautiful young woman? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia