Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s been a month and we have not heard that he has been cleared which is such an easy thing for LE to do - and yet they’ve remained silent

LE doesn't announce who's been cleared, just like they don't announce who's a suspect until they make an arrest. Will not happen; it's not about "easy" or "not easy," there are legal and investigative reasons why LE doesn't announce these things.

I was out of touch with this yesterday. Please can someone point me to the page where something new has been discovered? From the last few pages I can tell something’s happened in the case, but don’t have enough time to read back 30 pages.
Thanks so much.
Try around #812 for the beginning of the riff on Kansas bodies.

We had a gun case/safe in a house we summer in that could fit a grown person. During the winter the house was broken into and they actually used dollies etc to drag it through the house and take it. The police thought it had to be 3 or 4 people because it was so heavy. BM couldn't do that alone. BTW It was empty : )

JMO
They do make all kinds of large gun safes and some are real heavy like you describe but some are also light sheet metal types that are not too heavy at all and could be lifted by one person. A perp may have put in rocks and other weights inside it to help try to sink it but a river current may be strong enough to move it along even if weighted down.

I have a large heavy one as well and the installer was one person who used a dolly. When it was installed I had the gentleman bolt it to the floor through the inside bottom of the safe. Most large gun safes have holes on the bottom of the safe for that purpose. He used long concrete screw bolts and they went right through the carpet and into the concrete slab.
He had to drill smaller pilot holes first where the screw bolts went through. Just a little something extra to help prevent theft.

But yeah, thieves get creative and they seem to manage to find ways to get out what they want.

As far as trying to determine if her body could have floated down that far, what we need to find out is the average river flow in MPH (Miles Per Hour), and then compare the distance in miles to the timeframe when she went missing to give us an idea if she could have made it that far.

Some certain websites have river flow statistics on obtaining the average river flow current. I may try to find that out later this evening. It varies of course but some websites give the average river flow during the month and statistics like that.

As far as trying to determine if her body could have floated down that far, what we need to find out is the average river flow in MPH (Miles Per Hour), and then compare the distance in miles to the timeframe when she went missing to give us an idea if she could have made it that far.

Some certain websites have river flow statistics on obtaining the average river flow current. I may try to find that out later this evening. It varies of course but some websites give the average river flow during the month and statistics like that.
Yuck that sounds like math. :( Let us know if you figure that out. Thanks!

Even if the Ninnescah body proves to be a bust for our case, it sure is adding new ideas to the mix!
A gun safe detail is such an interesting possibility. BM is a hunter, and with his earth moving equipment he could easily move around a heavy gun safe.
LE were already onto the Bobcat (or other earth mover) theme with their search of the construction site BM worked on.
Are gun safes waterproof? Then maybe they'd be difficult for a cadaver dog to track?
I wonder if BM bought a new gun safe recently...
Do you keep gun safes in the garage, or just mostly in the basement bolted to the ground?
Does the CO Morphew home have an exit outdoors from the basement? Like a bulkhead? I don't remember from the flyover.

Last edited:
Regarding body in Arkansas River in downtown Wichita: male.
Body found in Arkansas River near Wichita park
Good morning. This body was a man but yes we def lost track of this one. I think @gamma gal started searching for bodies found on Arkansas River and she found two bodies and that might have been the other one. I’ll have to go back and look but when I saw her second post about a badly decomposed body that could have been in a box THAT one got my attention for obvious reasons.

From your link:

On Monday, CBI Spokesperson said there were no searches today or over the weekend. Many people have asked if it is safe to go hiking and biking in the area and investigators said there has been no specific information that should cause alarm to the community.
Nothing to be alarmed about folks, safe to hike and bike in the area, all clear on the semaphore board ..... h’mm

Are gun safes waterproof? Then maybe they'd be difficult for a cadaver dog to track?

It all depends on the quality of the gun safe but I am guessing most all would eventually leak water inside. Mine does have like a gasket seal around the door so it does a good job of sealing but some of the less expensive ones would easily leak if submerged. Also some of them have inside lighting with an electric cord that goes out the back and some have pre-drilled holes for bolting like was described so most safes would eventually leak water inside is my guess. Even mine would leak is my guess.

The expensive ones that seal up well may help prevent a dog scent at least initially. They recommend to put in those anti-moisture beads inside to help dry up any moisture in the air to prevent gun rust.

Last edited:
Even if the Ninnescah body proves to be a bust for our case, it sure is adding new ideas to the mix!
A gun safe detail is such an interesting possibility. BM is a hunter, and with his earth moving equipment he could easily move around a heavy gun safe.
LE were already onto the Bobcat (or other earth mover) theme with their search of the construction site BM worked on.
Yes I agree! A heavy metal gun safe would be almost like a heavy coffin. Could it be picked up by a metal detector? Definitely could be moved with BM’s equipment. He also had a long metal trailer sitting by the Bobcat in his driveway. I think we did decide way back that “dirt mover thingie” was a good name for the Bobcat! It was so late last night I can’t remember where I heard “gun safe” but I did read it in one of the articles. I’ll have to look. LE called it a “box” and “some kind of box” but I know I heard gun safe somewhere. I wouldn’t have gotten gun safe from box.

This is a valuable post we need to retain on websleuths, Lilypad, I'm new but I think you need to post SM instead of her first name so it passes muster. This is a good post to be able to come back to later, don't want to possibly lose it. I saw it said no complete names just initials. You can edit it to SM. (I made that mistake many times)
Hi @CronesEye thanks for the tip. I was looking back trying to find something and I just saw this! I will refer to SM from now on. Somehow I thought I had read we should use initials for everyone but the victim. I guess I sort of felt like SM is too impersonal for this beautiful woman who has disappeared. Like she is our friend that we care about even if we never met her! I’ll change it if I can find it. Thanks!

Try around #812 for the beginning of the riff on Kansas bodies.
Just curious where are you seeing the posts numbered? You referenced #812 but my posts aren’t numbered. I have a bad feeling this is a dumb question but I don’t see numbers! Only times. Maybe I need to adjust some setting I’m not aware of. Thanks in advance!

Just curious where are you seeing the posts numbered? You referenced #812 but my posts aren’t numbered. I have a bad feeling this is a dumb question but I don’t see numbers! Only times. Maybe I need to adjust some setting I’m not aware of. Thanks in advance!

Look at any post to the left of the "Like" button
Its in burnt orange color so not easily visible.

Im on a laptop and I am not sure if you are using a phone Im not sure if it shows up like it does for me.

The vast majority of what you've mentioned here, I can almost guarantee none of us ever really give a second thought to, because we are law abiding citizens with nothing to hide from the police. (I confess, I had no idea the fobs contain data, now that does sort of creep me out). That said, that's exactly the problem for those who are normally a law abiding citizen, and then one day decide to I dunno, kill someone and hide the body. They also don't think about all these ways they've been tracked all along, but it's the FIRST thing investigators will start gathering to look over - all the electronic evidence.

Despite the fact I follow so many cases where digital evidence comes into play, I still find things all the time that are "tracking" me that I never knew about previously. One example is with google Chrome. Loads of people use it, and most know you can delete your search history. What some folks might not know, is that clearing your history is all well and good but you better take a look here https://myactivity.google.com too, after you've cleared your history. Then, you need too look at your synced phone's history too, because it doesn't always actually clear everything. This is just 1 tiny little thing, and there are 100 of them, if not more, tracking us all over the place, as you've mentioned. Quite literally from my front door to my car in the driveway, I am tracked by my phone, my fitbit, and my Ring cam that recorded me leaving the house. Once I get in the vehicle and turn it on, GPS is on as well. I haven't even left my driveway yet and I've been tracked by 4 separate devices - not to mention whatever home security cams folks next door and across the street might have. It's kind of mind boggling really, but here we are.
Which in a perfect world should easily rule out those closest to the victim that are known by LE (though it’s a time consuming investigation without question). A strangers movements cannot be investigated/tracked because no one knows who the stranger is unless he/she is connected to someone close to the victim. This type of tracking, which may feel invasive, should be a deterrent for those who think their life will be better without their spouse, but unfortunately there always seems to be .. someone who thinks they can outwit all the electronic surveillance.

I've read that if you're on a phone you need to turn it sideways to a landscape view to see the post numbers.

Based on the way the case is being handled by the law enforcement agencies involved. There have been no shortage of high profile missing persons cases in Colorado in recent years, and the FBI and CBI were involved in all of them. We know how they operate.

If they believed a stranger abducted her, then we would have an actual timeline, and (near) daily press conferences. We would have received all the information we usually receive when someone goes missing. We haven’t seen any of that.

The Gannon Stauch case was handled much the same way. Once they figured out who the perpetrator was, they didn’t tip their hand. They build their case, all the while refusing to call it anything other than “a missing persons investigation.” It was a murder, and we knew it.

We have seen crime scene investigators at the house, and a property that BM worked on was excavated. That’s all we know about the focus of the investigation, and all we really need to know.

If BM didn’t do this, then the single most important thing he could do is keep the case in the news by utilizing the media. In every true missing persons case I have ever followed, the significant other makes countless on camera appeals. The importance of this cannot be overstated.

He’s either guilty, or he’s the worst husband on earth. I’m going to venture and guess and say he’s both.

Always such salient points thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member