Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the police?

Yep ... according to Tara, LE even told her she was their main suspect. LE even set up a big sting to try to nail her. Didn't work ... Michael Rafferty and Terri Lynn McClintic were ultimately convicted of Tori's murder. Mom, Tara McD had nothing to do with it, but her daily pressers and mannerisms were odd (to say the least), but that's just her.

IMO The private & successful search effort for Amanda Eller was incredible. She was found out of the search area by air, IIRC. They had incredible mapping technology, friends, family and knowledgeable folks that kept at it.

However, IMO, that private search effort is not the standard with most missing persons cases. There will be disappointment if it is. We did see something similar in missing WA hiker Sam Sayers. But then her mom & boyfriend’s side split. It became nasty. The boyfriend archived the page in the height of private searches still happening. She has not been recovered.

IMO, this case is different and from my POV being treated like foul play, not misadventure.

SM FB page was never even close to the same even when it was being updated. It was mostly online articles & reminders about the tip line. I don’t fault the family for leaving it. I do think it’s possible the last intended post was BM video.

Back to Amanda Eller- I remember her boyfriend & friend to both of them being absolutely crucified by people accusing them of harming her. Same thing happened to Sam Sayers boyfriend. I wonder how that impacts them personally? It has to be terrible. If folks are staying silent because they don’t want to put themselves out there, I totally get it. I don’t at all believe it’s an indicator that SM was not loved & missed right now. The immediate families lives have been turned upside down. I believe they are also in the dark with where LE is right now. There’s not really much to say on the page.

Just my thoughts.

And yet he refused to stay silent. For me it comes back down to desperation. It is exceedingly rare that innocent people refuse to talk about their missing loved one. Look how Silly just posted about Victoria Stanford’s mom giving repeated press conferences. Same with Elizabeth Smart’s dad. Also Isabel Celos’ family gave several statements to the public. Worked hard to find her.

Any updates on the La Beca Cafe? Has the NamUs site been updated, altered? I'm out of zone so can't register.
@Seattle1, do you still have the French review you found , any chance you could post it here .... no worries if not .... I do tend to get overly obsessed about certain things.
That cafe at 300 W Sackett Ave, Salida - seems to be called Little Cambodia now, was Seasons, has been Rivers Edge ....
Just curious to confirm because it is next to that bike shop and wondering if she went there to tell them about her jammed brakes and made an appointment to get
it fixed, maybe was going to bring bike in on the Saturday? That would be completely interesting. But then again, with the Corona Virus, h'mm, maybe nothing was open at the time. Will keep looking ......

I questioned that a while back. My impression was that he was looking to see if LE was watching his movements (which would be logical in such cases) but some thought he was actually looking for SM.
He was staying at a friends house, iirc. Why would she be walking around on the streets?
I’m an anxious person and this likely colors my thoughts on why he was pacing and looking out the window; maybe he was on the lookout for arresting officers who were coming to get him.

He’s in a very uncomfortable, defensive position here. He can’t go to media or participate in interviews because they will ask him difficult questions and he runs the risk of self incrimination. He’s all about image and his image has taken a hit, but he’s powerless to manage his image. He can’t release any more personally produced videos because his every word and micro expression will be picked over in detail. He’s stuck. The best he can hope for is that LE won’t have enough to charge him. Just imagine the level of fear, paranoia and helplessness he’s feeling every day, with no end in sight. That’s a hard way to live. JMO

And yet he refused to stay silent. For me it comes back down to desperation. It is exceedingly rare that innocent people refuse to talk about their missing loved one. Look how Silly just posted about Victoria Stanford’s mom giving repeated press conferences. Same with Elizabeth Smart’s dad. Also Isabel Celos’ family gave several statements to the public. Worked hard to find her.

Yeah, I’m definitely suspicious of the husband. Put him in front of a camera & it’s always going to be a disaster. The timeline does not look good for him. IMO, I also think he’s being advised to keep his mouth shut but then he talks to YouTube guy and that confuses me. I’m not ready to throw the book at him just yet although it’s close. I do keep settling on believing that he acts like SM is more of a ex wife. That was one takeaway from his video. That might not be fair however because people can act bizarre while under a tremendous amount of stress.

There’s a small part of me that thinks another known person could be a bad guy here.

I just think public silence is not a slam dunk for being guilty. I also don’t think you are implying that either.

Have we considered all possible types of PoI's?
One type of (hypothetical) PoI not yet discussed AFAIK is a (hypothetical) friend/boyfriend of a teen girl. I recall a few teen girls' whose parent(s) expressed disapproval (direct, subtle, or diplomatic) of friend/boyfriend, who then reacted by threatening, injuring, or killing girl's parent(s) but cannot think of any case names. I believe there's no basis for thinking ^ here and any post discussing anything beyond ^ likely violates WS ToS.
Jmo, ^ that's at bottom of possibilities list, tied w a little green man in flying saucer landing on US 50 and whisking SM away back to Mars, his home planet.

Re: family talking/not talking to the media or public

I'm not sure why, but I am inclined to be more compassionate and invested in a family that speaks out with law enforcement standing behind them, or as part of a law enforcement update
I am reminded of sweet Gannon's parents

I am also reminded when I'm thinking of this topic, about McKenzie Lueck's parents
To my recollection, they never spoke directly to the public or media, but they did issuse statement(s) through law enforcement, thanking the public for their help, requesting tips be sent to law enforcement, etc

Just my thoughts/views

The record is 5, which is one that will never be broken.
Commendable record:D

I've found one way to work around it. After you hit the post button, wait a minute, then hit the refresh button on your device. I find the problem goes away then.

I am no tech expert, but it also seems to happen more at peak hours when the most users are online. Maybe a server issue?

It also happens to me more when I am in a PM. No idea why.
MOO

Any updates on the La Beca Cafe? Has the NamUs site been updated, altered? I'm out of zone so can't register.
@Seattle1, do you still have the French review you found , any chance you could post it here .... no worries if not .... I do tend to get overly obsessed about certain things.
That cafe at 300 W Sackett Ave, Salida - seems to be called Little Cambodia now, was Seasons, has been Rivers Edge ....
Just curious to confirm because it is next to that bike shop and wondering if she went there to tell them about her jammed brakes and made an appointment to get
it fixed, maybe was going to bring bike in on the Saturday? That would be completely interesting. But then again, with the Corona Virus, h'mm, maybe nothing was open at the time. Will keep looking ......

@Itsapuzzle - I think I just did a google search and followed an image result for La Becca Cafe to the Francais review that cited 300 W Sacket. I don't see it now but I'll try another time when I have access to my VPN for the UK. Sorry!

Have we considered all possible types of PoI's?
One type of (hypothetical) PoI not yet discussed AFAIK is a (hypothetical) friend/boyfriend of a teen girl. I recall a few teen girls' whose parent(s) expressed disapproval (direct, subtle, or diplomatic) of friend/boyfriend, who then reacted by threatening, injuring, or killing girl's parent(s) but cannot think of any case names. I believe there's no basis for thinking ^ here and any post discussing anything beyond ^ likely violates WS ToS.
Jmo, ^ that's at bottom of possibilities list, tied w a little green man in flying saucer landing on US 50 and whisking SM away back to Mars, his home planet.
Good hypothetical there @K9Enzo ..................I personally believe it would be next to impossible to get all balled up in a plot when it's whitewater season. Come September through March......sure, why not? I am going to give it some more thought, though. As always IMO

Good hypothetical there @K9Enzo ..................I personally believe it would be next to impossible to get all balled up in a plot when it's whitewater season. Come September through March......sure, why not? I am going to give it some more thought, though. As always IMO

If they hadn’t excavated the BM jobsite I would be more inclined to go in that direction. I did wonder early on if any of BM’s employees made a short list.

If they hadn’t excavated the BM jobsite I would be more inclined to go in that direction. I did wonder early on if any of BM’s employees made a short list.
Good question. I never saw the building site as good for a body but certainly a go for hiding and/or destroying evidence of crime.

I also think it's possible there was a construction bin on-site where investigators could have located something leading them to want to look further around the job. For example, Dulos changed his license tags to avoid detection and was later spotted throwing the phony tags down a city street storm drain!

The list of things that might be missing from the residence is endless -- from a surveillance system to hard drives to photos, phones, to documents, etc.,..... MOO

How long?

At what point do the scales start to tip so that B.Morphew’s silence does start to look suspicious?

For those on the fence, who keep us on our toes (thank you), how long?

If Mophew thinks the investigation has already been totally bungled, one would imagine he’d feel even more compelled to shout loud enough for all to hear, “Where is my wife? Where is Suzanne? We need more help!”

Maybe 30 days is “too soon.” How about 40, 60, 100, a year? At some point, the scale would seem to tip. Because a reasonable person would plead with the world....at some point. No matter how unflattering, whether ill advised or blabbering, at some point, a loving spouse speaks up.

My own opinion is that a good LE investigation consists of following the leads. Some of those leads are going to be dead ends, but LE are never going to determine that sitting in the office waiting for someone to call on the TIP line and confess.

I strongly encourage anyone to follow the link below to read the affidavit for search warrant 18-103 in the Kelsey Berreth disappearance. It's basically just a synopsis of who was missing, how LE came to know who was missing, and why they had an awful hunch that the missing person wasn't coming back. No great detective novel there, just a simple statement that right there in Woodland Park, Colorado they had a lady missing and they would sure like to be able to have a look around her residence to see what they could find out of place. The Report of Execution shows that LE discovered an IPAD and charger, a notebook with passwords, and a grocery store receipt. It was a start of a long investigation. IMO
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...erest/2018CR330/002/18-103 Search Warrant.pdf

How long?

At what point do the scales start to tip so that B.Morphew’s silence does start to look suspicious?

For those on the fence, who keep us on our toes (thank you), how long?

If Mophew thinks the investigation has already been totally bungled, one would imagine he’d feel even more compelled to shout loud enough for all to hear, “Where is my wife? Where is Suzanne? We need more help!”

Maybe 30 days is “too soon.” How about 40, 60, 100, a year? At some point, the scale would seem to tip. Because a reasonable person would plead with the world....at some point. No matter how unflattering, whether ill advised or blabbering, at some point, a loving spouse speaks up.
When he didn’t speak to the media within the first week, that was one week too long.

I’d be in front of the camera on day one, and I wouldn’t stop. If I was too emotional to handle that, I would appoint someone to do that for me.

Here, that person (TN) actually told the media not to show his face, and then went dark within days. It’s almost as if he doesn’t want to be associated with BM.

So it’s on BM now, and I wouldn’t hold my breath.

When he didn’t speak to the media within the first week, that was one week too long.

I’d be in front of the camera on day one, and I wouldn’t stop. If I was too emotional to handle that, I would appoint someone to do that for me.

Here, that person (TN) actually told the media not to show his face, and then went dark within days. It’s almost as if he doesn’t want to be associated with BM.

So it’s on BM now, and I wouldn’t hold my breath.
BBM
From the minute it happened he tried to disassociate with BM by describing Suzanne as his aunt...not saying he is BMs nephew. It might be splitting hairs but I see it as significant given how this is playing out.

BBM
From the minute it happened he tried to disassociate with BM by describing Suzanne as his aunt...not saying he is BMs nephew. It might be splitting hairs but I see it as significant given how this is playing out.
Yes. Something to the effect of “my aunt,” and “her husband.” Which is weird, because he’s from BM’s side of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader