Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG your post just scared the h*!! out of me! I’m scared to look at that website. And if I ever disappear or have some weird accident please someone tell LE to suspect my husband. Well they probably do that anyway ;) 38 years...I applaud you! I have this hopeful idea that it might get rough in the middle but then it gets better as the years go on. I hope I’m right!

Oh, poor Lilypad!

I didn't mean to terrify you! There are many hundreds of posters on chumplady.com whose spouses DIDN'T try to kill them . . . only a few had that experience! But a lot of them have gone through h***. The website is a learning experience for blindsided spouses who have been dumped with no warning. It's instructive, not just to people getting divorced, but for the descriptions of what some spouses will do to destroy the person they are divorcing. You wouldn't believe it. But I've been reading there for a couple of years, just to get a take on the psychology of some of these crazy spouses -- it has helped me understand people better. Read enough there, and you'll have a taste of what can happen, and it is very relevant to these missing women cases.

How do you explain the Heidi Brussard case then? Many posters accused her boyfriend/husband, criticized his mannerisms (although they didn't make fun of his shirt), and criticized his story. Even after we found out he wasn't involved, people on this thread still blamed him for their accusations.

What satisfaction did these people get by making the accusations? They were wrong and made the world a little bit worse. If they had been right, would they have gotten satisfaction about making the correct prediction? Are they so bored, they just have to tell their opinions which in the end may be wrong? I don't understand it.

IMO

For some people (but certainly not all) it's probably part of the game. Yes, the game. Why do people watch NCIS, CSI and other crime procedural shows? Because they're interested and it's something entertaining.

People follow true crime cases for a variety of reasons. Some for justice and victim advocacy, some because they know one or more of the people involved or live in the general area, some for curiosity, some for entertainment, etc, etc. That's not an exhaustive list, it's just a few examples. Guessing the "who" in a who-done-it is part of the lure in a mystery, and a missing person case or new criminal case is generally mysterious and enticing. It's catnip for anyone who follows a case.

Sure, people who solve a puzzle or guess correctly will feel some satisfaction, that's just human nature. I don't think there's malicious intent involved per se, and as long as it's within the stated rules, it's considered fair game.

IMO

How do you explain the Heidi Brussard case then? Many posters accused her boyfriend/husband, criticized his mannerisms (although they didn't make fun of his shirt), and criticized his story. Even after we found out he wasn't involved, people on this thread still blamed him for their accusations.

What satisfaction did these people get by making the accusations? They were wrong and made the world a little bit worse. If they had been right, would they have gotten satisfaction about making the correct prediction? Are they so bored, they just have to tell their opinions which in the end may be wrong? I don't understand it.
We're always going to speculate about possible 'suspects' who are eventually proven innocent though. Because we don't know actually who the perp is yet. We form opinions based on the facts and discuss them. The good thing about WS is that we operate within strict tos. Also, if a member is not interested in speculation, usually there will be a media thread.

In this case, LE are so extraordinarily quiet, and so are the family, the thread would be half a page long without speculation and sleuthing.

Some of us believe the silence tells a whole big story though which leads us to speculate in certain directions.

JMO

We're always going to speculate about possible 'suspects' who are eventually proven innocent though. Because we don't know actually who the perp is yet. We form opinions based on the facts and discuss them. The good thing about WS is that we operate within strict tos. Also, if a member is not interested in speculation, usually there will be a media thread.

In this case, LE are so extraordinarily quiet, and so are the family, the thread would be half a page long without speculation and sleuthing.

Some of us believe the silence tells a whole big story though which leads us to speculate in certain directions.

JMO

I think there is nothing worse than speculating based on the facts. It’s not like this is a crime discussion forum.

What we should be doing is looking everywhere but the obvious. This way we are careful not to offend anyone, and who knows, one day we may end up being right.

Along those lines, I think Suzanne was abducted by a random perpetrator, the FBI and CBI have no clue what they’re doing, all those searches are irrelevant, and a judge is just signing off on search warrants because his hand needs exercise.

Or not...

Would there have been any other way for BM to have executed the real estate deal without having Suzanne declared incapacitated?

The real estate sale for IN may have needed to be closed for a variety of reasons. The land sale purchase in CO certainly could have had an addendum written to prolong the closing. The first example included residents that were living in the said property.

The land sale is an expansion of his real estate empire; regardless of for whom it was purchased. I would imagine any developer worth their salt would be amenable to this request. Consideration for a missing spouse is a legitimate reason to pursue a new closing date. Maybe he is afraid he won’t be “around” for a closing on a later date.....

MOO

Are you talking about this forum? Because trust me, this is one of the most respectful forums out there. Of course, we did find his interviews suspicious. But we then apologized for that. I even sent Heidi’s baby formula through their Amazon wish list.

I think there is nothing worse than speculating based on the facts. It’s not like this is a crime discussion forum.

What we should be doing is looking everywhere but the obvious. This way we are careful not to offend anyone, and who knows, one day we may end up being right.

Along those lines, I think Suzanne was abducted by a random perpetrator, the FBI and CBI have no clue what they’re doing, all those searches are irrelevant, and a judge is just signing off on search warrants because his hand needs exercise.

Or not...

Beyond the normal beer drinking hand to mouth exercises.

There is possible and there is plausible.

Members of the forum extend both as consideration. I agree, no need to discuss plausible, it could have been aliens too. Wait, have we discussed that possibility yet?

All joking aside, hoping we’re wrong but expecting we’re not leads me to believe the full story will never be known. A good probable story will, it will just take time.

Oh, poor Lilypad!

I didn't mean to terrify you! There are many hundreds of posters on chumplady.com whose spouses DIDN'T try to kill them . . . only a few had that experience! But a lot of them have gone through h***. The website is a learning experience for blindsided spouses who have been dumped with no warning. It's instructive, not just to people getting divorced, but for the descriptions of what some spouses will do to destroy the person they are divorcing. You wouldn't believe it. But I've been reading there for a couple of years, just to get a take on the psychology of some of these crazy spouses -- it has helped me understand people better. Read enough there, and you'll have a taste of what can happen, and it is very relevant to these missing women cases.

Oh that’s ok I was kidding around (sorta) and I understand completely where you are coming from. It was that one sentence that gave me chills about how many spouses don’t see it coming. I make lots of stupid jokes with my DH and when he has to go out of town I’ll say, “Have a safe trip and what time is the hit man coming?!” So when I read your post I thought wouldn’t that be ironic if a hit man really was coming and I was clueless...to the point of joking about it! You don’t have to go on ladychump to psychoanalyze crazy...you can just read my posts. :D

Are you talking about this forum? Because trust me, this is one of the most respectful forums out there. Of course, we did find his interviews suspicious. But we then apologized for that. I even sent Heidi’s baby formula through their Amazon wish list.
Thanks for this post Janeumayer. I wasn't on the Heidi thread ever or active on the site at the time. It has come up so frequently that I did read up on that case, when I was trying to get a feel for the site, to see if I fit in. I honestly didn't see the hate, I had no idea what to expect when I started. That was sweet to send the formula...

I made a list of items that cause me to view Barry’s actions as being suspicious. My opinions are based on Barry’s words and actions, as well as LE’s words and actions. Barry’s and LE’s behavior operate separately and independently from my ego.

Opinion based on: Barry consistently shaking his head no while he spoke in the 26 second video, Barry paying out the reward only in the event of Suzanne’s safe return, Barry’s failure to coordinate his reward with either Crime Stoppers or LE, Barry’s absence during Suzanne’s Mother’s Day disappearance, Barry didn’t call 911 and had the neighbor call instead, Barry’s conflicting alibis of ff training and then changing the alibi to working on a job site, Barry’s disparagement of LE on TD video, Barry’s dodging and ultimately not answering TD’s question in regard to when he had last spoken to Suzanne, Barry’s recounting to TD that he had been cleared by LE, Barry’s relative who said that Barry had been in control of what happened for a long time, Barry’s threat to TD if he was media, Barry’s Get Money page asking the public for money, Barry’s guardianship request due to Suzanne’s incapacitation, Barry’s lack of attempts and lack of public appeals to find his wife, Barry waiting one week before making the 26 second video and then saying it was too soon, Barry’s ridiculous supposition of a mountain lion attack as the cause of Suzanne’s disappearance, Barry’s supposition that Suzanne was hit by a car or had a bike accident which resulted in her getting in the river, Barry’s work site being excavated by LE, Barry’s physical altercation at an Indiana job site that resulted in legal action, LE second search of the Morphew property, LE refusal to clear Barry.

rainbowshummingbird, I loved your summary about BM.:):):)
You have put together a clear picture for me about BM.
Let us see, down the line, to 'what happens'.
Hope it is soon, as this waiting, just goes on, and on....

Respectfully, I also followed the tragic murder of HB on WS but I don't share your memory of Shane (SC) being unjustly accused seemingly for some untold satisfaction of others, out of boredom, or just to vent an opinion.

Personally, I thought SC's verified work alibi did not provide sufficient time for SC to disappear HB.

However, SC did not present with clean hands either: reportedly, there were police reports of domestic issues between the couple, and they'd previously separated over their rocky relationship. (There were other serious issues of court record not reported in MSM so I won't bring them up here).

Given the facts, it came of no surprise that LE would lean on SC prior to clearing him as a POI. And following the facts and history is not blaming SC or any other victim. It's what weeds out suspicious characters and solves cases.

MOO

A lot of my thinking has been driven by the assumption that something was found during the various search’s from the SW’s. It gives me some pause, in that if nothing has been found, it would change my thinking quite a bit. I am guessing from LEs behavior that something was.

Or not...
Hahaha

Or not...
And BM will be arrested tomorrow.
Or maybe not.

Oh that’s ok I was kidding around (sorta) and I understand completely where you are coming from. It was that one sentence that gave me chills about how many spouses don’t see it coming. I make lots of stupid jokes with my DH and when he has to go out of town I’ll say, “Have a safe trip and what time is the hit man coming?!” So when I read your post I thought wouldn’t that be ironic if a hit man really was coming and I was clueless...to the point of joking about it! You don’t have to go on ladychump to psychoanalyze crazy...you can just read my posts. :D

Sad state of affairs that as a society we need that as a website! I have never heard of it and I’m actually glad that I haven’t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia