Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that SM was a young cancer survivor--she knew how fragile life could be...she had lived part of high school battling something her friends could not understand. To be liked and loved by the charmer or the alpha male could feel comforting, and I imagine he positioned himself as a protector (which, for those with health trauma, can be very important)?

When I read this, it reminds me of the early days, in the Watts case.
A comfort during hard times initially.
Then we know, the outcome.:eek:
MOO.

You're making me wonder, too, if we have any media or details about the Bobcat in question. Was it an excavator? A loader? A compact tractor? I'm sure this has already been mentioned and I missed it.

Also interesting to look at this long list of Bobcat attachments and implements. Wondering which (if any) was involved in BM's statement about the "mechanical" thing or part.
So they "processed" Barry's Bobcat (Meow!).

I wonder if they found any soil or vegetation that might suggest where that cat has been?

Moo. It is interesting that the email was sent to the former Indiana church soon after Suzanne went missing. And now we hear his disgusting nonsense about how pleased Suzanne is to be murdered if it saves one person. He doesn't understand how that sounds. He just doesn't get it.

I'm calling BS on BM. I feel that he is trying to hide under some kind of spiritual persona, hoping that the church members will come to his aid, insisting that he is innocent. What he doesn't understand is that truly spiritual people can see him for what he is, a con. But I bet that they loved Suzanne.

Same for his group of buddies in Salida. I'm thinking that he had great fun when he moved to Salida and could sell his puffed up image to a fresh audience. He's trying to rally support. Strength in numbers. He so needs someone to take his side. I'm not aware that anyone has done that.
In truth, he is a shell of a man. Immature, fake. I think he has a life long pattern of seeing others as objects to be used for his gain. It's catching up with him.
Moo

When finally BM's life/his actions catch up to him, many folk will be pleased.
He probably has used this confident image to make himself important, over the years.
Support will go, as facts come to light.
He will continue with BS until stopped, but then there is no going back.

It is already too late.
We need a Press Conference soon.
MOO.

MOO. I keep thinking that in their marriage that everything that went wrong was blamed on Suzanne. Nothing was ever his fault.

She even moved away from her elderly parents when she probably didn’t want to go. She did it for him.

If he is guilty and for some reason he felt like he had to kill her, then that is her fault too because she made him do it. Why would he even think that?

But she has forgiven him is the way I read it.... because that is what she did. He doesn’t know or love her at all...he just used her. One day the LE will catch up to him.

<modsnip>

In the Watts case, the murdered wife forgave Watts while he was killing her.
Forgiven:eek::eek:

Wonder, if similar thoughts are here from the conversation BM had with LS.
MOO.

In the Watts case, the murdered wife forgave Watts while he was killing her.
Forgiven:eek::eek:

Wonder, if similar thoughts are here from the conversation BM had with LS.
MOO.
Moo
No doubt that BM thinks every mistake he's ever made was the other guy's fault. It's the way he's made. Self pity, misunderstood, mistreated, jealousy, greed, rule his actions. He just can't bear not having his will obeyed. If people would just listen to him and do what he wants, everything would be hunky dory.
So unfair. No doubt he expects all to be forgiven, with no effort for contrition on his part. Cause he's not to blame, she just wouldn't listen. Moo

I don't "throw shade" at the Profiling Evil hosts, who I respect for having a business plan and getting people to pay them money for their work. I don't "throw shade" at Lauren, who I admire for her willingness to treat podcasters and YouTubers (aka new media) as colleagues. I have no problem with either the Profiling Evil hosts or Lauren getting paid for what they are doing; they are putting their skills and experience to a positive use and should be encouraged to keep doing so.

That being said, I don't know that Barry Morphew is innocent. I also don't know that Barry Morphew is guilty. However, I doubt -- whether he's guilty or innocent -- that the government can secure a conviction at this time. I'll tell you why I've arrived at that viewpoint, though:

1. After multiple searches of the Morphew home and a number of interviews with witnesses, Barry has not been arrested or charged. This tells me that investigators do not have enough evidence to tie Barry to a crime, if indeed a crime has occurred.

2. Months after the searches that were conducted, the warrant probable cause affidavits (PCAs), warrants, and warrant returns remain sealed.* This tells me very little in and of itself, but if the searches had produced strong evidence against Barry, then (a) he would've been charged and, thereafter, (b) the PCAs, warrants, and returns would be unsealed.

3. The Moorman family -- so far -- has not sought to take part in the guardianship proceeding in Hamilton County. This tells me more than one thing, but here are the two that I think are most relevant:

(a) The Moorman family doesn't have any independent evidence that Barry caused harm to Suzanne; if it did, it could intervene and show that Barry was not an appropriate guardian for Suzanne's property.

(b) The Moorman family believes that challenging Barry's appointment as guardian will undermine their relationship with the Morphew daughters and -- as a result -- will take no action even if it has evidence of wrongdoing by Barry.

* I realize that sealing search warrant PCAs, warrants, and returns is customary in Colorado, even if there's no evidence of possible flight or destruction of evidence. Again, I view such a practice as inimical to the idea public confidence in the judiciary. At the end of the day, the only reason people obey the rule of law is because of confidence in the judiciary. Why do anything -- again, barring possible flight or evidentiary destruction -- to harm that confidence?

BBM
It hasn’t actually been months since searches concluded.
The last search of the property by all 3 agencies was done on July 9 , just 43 days or roughly
6 weeks ago.
Can we really conclude that no evidence was found?
What if something was found that requires forensic testing and analysis? I have read that labs are backed up due to Covid-19. JMO

Investigators return to Suzanne Morphew’s property nearly 2 months after her disappearance

Respectfully, I disagree. As I've said before, if I had been Barry's attorney, I would've strenuously advised against the interview. If he wanted to give an interview come hell or high water, then what he did kept damage to a minimum. His interview wasn't aired, so it can't be used against him in court. Colorado has a robust media shield law, so it's unlikely that Lauren will testify as to what Barry told her.

In sum, this isn't a jump-off-the-bridge type moment for Barry's attorney, but Barry is creating more work for his lawyer by making such a decision. I hope the attorney -- if he has one -- is being paid on a per-hour basis as opposed to a flat-fee agreement.
Eh, I DID exaggerate just a little . . . :p:p:p

Hmmm. If a criminal defense lawyer had someone like BM as a client, and said client was determined to do some kind of "media thing," I'm curious what the defense attorney would then be thinking.

Would a typical defense attorney know enough about a client that they'd know it was a desperate message to someone? Or would they just think their client had almost no reason (random) for ignoring advice? Would they ask the client why the heck they did it? Then what? I know lawyers who have fired clients, for things done expressly against legal advice, but would this be enough?

Eh, I DID exaggerate just a little . . . :p:p:p

Maybe a tad ;). However, most of us have come to expect our clients to do things to make our jobs harder. Conversely, there are two kinds of clients that criminal defense attorneys just treasure:

1. The client who's never been in trouble before and is mortified that s/he's been charged with a criminal offense. S/He will follow all our advice out of fear and shame and is the very definition of a person who simply made a mistake, learns, and moves on.

2. The client who honestly tells us that s/he cannot possibly complete probation because s/he loves to smoke pot/shoot up heroin/drink alcohol too much and will fail ever single drug screen.* S/He just wants you to negotiate as little jailtime as possible so s/he can do the time and get back to using.

* Strange as it sounds, many prosecutors respect this type of client immensely -- I know I did -- because the person's honesty and self-knowledge means that judicial time, probation officer time, and prosecutor time won't be wasted on useless probation violation hearings.

MOO Apparently BM is speaking down to LS because she is a woman, he was "doing a mechanical thing."
He could have said the specific. Such as replace a sparkplug, battery, change attachment etc? More respectful.
I'm thinking the "mechanical thing" might have been related to switching a GPS type tracking device to a different piece of equipment or vehicle.

I happened to see there is a company in the Salida area that rents out construction equipment for $200 per hour.
In the old days, rental companies had no idea where some of their rental equipment was or had disappeared to. Now, they tag their valuable rental equipment with a GPS type locator, kind of like - Find My Phone, or Find My Snort, you get the idea. Might also track the number of hours the engine is running and when. Who knows?

JMO, MOO

ETA - this is a very low end example
GPS Vehicle Tracking for Fleets & Assets - Linxup GPS Tracking System

Last edited:
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado
Just read the interview he did and I come away from it with even more questions than before. Like why does he keep going back to the bike being found and how is he so sure that LE missed evidence there? Also he says that LE never asked him to take a polygraph or any other test yet we have the family saying they did. Who is right there and who is wrong? Then we get to this bobcat situation is that the loud equipment that the neighbor heard in the early morning hours before Suzanne went missing? If so don't you think all that noise would have woke Suzanne up yet Barry says she was still asleep when he left. I'm trying real hard to keep an open mind but something just doesn't add up about all of his statements and his behaviors.

I'm thinking the "mechanical thing" might have been related to switching a GPS type tracking device to a different piece of equipment or vehicle.

I happened to see there is a company in the Salida area that rents out construction equipment for $200 per hour.
In the old days, rental companies had no idea where some of their rental equipment was or had disappeared to. Now, they tag their valuable rental equipment with a GPS type locator, kind of like - Find My Phone, or Find My Snort, you get the idea. Might also track the number of hours the engine is running and when. Who knows?

JMO, MOO

ETA - this is a very low end example
GPS Vehicle Tracking for Fleets & Assets - Linxup GPS Tracking System

Oh I agree. And how in the world would you explain the need to disconnect a GPS on your Bobcat. Maybe, well I was tighten this here bolt that was loose and the wrench slipped and I knocked that there gadget completely off that there Bobcat. Moo

Who thinks BM has the intestinal fortitude to see this investigation through without a complete meltdown? He knows he’s the focus (prime suspect) of LE’s investigation, he said so in the LS interview last night. LE will get their man (IMO). There’s other recent cases in Colorado prosecuted without a body. But LE is missing the key piece required to make an arrest.

MOO LE is missing enough evidence to:
1) prove SM is no longer alive definitively
OR
2) tie BM “exclusively” to her murder.
I feel certain LE does not feel she is still alive. The home is the crime scene, 1st search 11 days in length, 2 sealed search warrants. LE didn’t find enough blood evidence to determine she could not have survived whatever crime took place. Heck, if he drowned her in the bathtub, there wouldn’t be much evidence if he disposed of her body right away.

I have a fear of BM taking the “coward’s way out“ (self harm) if he thinks LE is close to an arrest. IF THAT HAPPENS, I have no hope of SM ever being recovered and zero answers for her family forever. My own opinion. BM’s a gaslighter, a BS’er, and his slick talk and alpha male phony persona has carried him through his life. The man has no self awareness and has never taken a true, serious look at himself, as most people have at some point in their life. I’m angry with him!
Moo. Rant Over. Thankful to have all of you and this forum for serious discussion!

That statement makes no sense to me. He's focusing on one small aspect of the investigation that occurred in the beginning upon finding the bike. Can his thinking really be that narrow that he thinks that is the only thing that is significant? Considering all the agencies involved and all the investigative work since then, he thinks everything has been a cover up based on one initial mistake? All agencies involved are participating in this cover up? He can't really believe that.

The circumstances around the bike seem to be the only thing that is important to him. What evidence does he believe was there that they missed or destroyed? He's been stuck on that from the beginning and it's very telling.

IMO
I totally agree and have thought this from the beginning! There's little chance that an abductor would have left fingerprints on a bike. His focus would have been on Suzanne, not the bike, because you can't abduct someone with one hand.

Vagueness is BM's way of ensuring (he hopes) that no incriminating stuff comes out of his mouth. In doing this, he comes off as uncaring and a liar, though, so although he hasn't confessed to anything, it always sounds like he's confessing just by appearing to not care. BM seems to be a very shallow person who has done a bad thing in a moment of rage, and he does feel some guilt and certainly feels fear. Everything he does and says telegraphs that he is self-serving and yet clueless about everything. I'd bet that SM brought money, energy, life, love, into that family, and BM was happy to be taken care of as long as he got top billing all the time. MOO
Brilliant!

Who thinks BM has the intestinal fortitude to see this investigation through without a complete meltdown? He knows he’s the focus (prime suspect) of LE’s investigation, he said so in the LS interview last night. LE will get their man (IMO). There’s other recent cases in Colorado prosecuted without a body. But LE is missing the key piece required to make an arrest.

MOO LE is missing enough evidence to:
1) prove SM is no longer alive definitively
OR
2) tie BM “exclusively” to her murder.
I feel certain LE does not feel she is still alive. The home is the crime scene, 1st search 11 days in length, 2 sealed search warrants. LE didn’t find enough blood evidence to determine she could not have survived whatever crime took place. Heck, if he drowned her in the bathtub, there wouldn’t be much evidence if he disposed of her body right away.

I have a fear of BM taking the “coward’s way out“ (self harm) if he thinks LE is close to an arrest. IF THAT HAPPENS, I have no hope of SM ever being recovered and zero answers for her family forever. My own opinion. BM’s a gaslighter, a BS’er, and his slick talk and alpha male phony persona has carried him through his life. The man has no self awareness and has never taken a true, serious look at himself, as most people have at some point in their life. I’m angry with him!
Moo. Rant Over. Thankful to have all of you and this forum for serious discussion!
This is a great point. If BM is guilty but never is arrested, I also think that he will be shocked at how differently his life plays out. He will be a pariah, the way many other suspected murderers have been in our society. Just like Chris Watts, who seemed to think that he would go on his merry way with NK, BM is deluded if he thinks he will be able to attract women & frolic in the mountains using SMs money, OR that his daughters will treat him as they always have before.

This thought gives me peace when I start to worry about the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid